Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment (49393 Views)

I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now / What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare / Channels TV stops Pst Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment On Govt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by promixdavinci(m): 9:35am On Jan 05, 2015
tomakint:

Pray hard to see Feb. 14 and even hear the results undecided because I don't understand the stupidity you kids exhibit online under the cover of 'I am anonymous'! Jonathan is not your problem but you as a person, why talk to YOUR PRESIDENT like your mate, can you address YOUR DAD that way kid?

jst dont talk if u hve notin gud 2 say..wat kind of language is pray hard 2 see feb 14, go nd kill him b4 den..ur type is d one pourin insult on ur parent nd u ar hia talkin trash..jonathan is nt his problem? do u reason 4m ur anus b4 u talk? u called him kid? mehn am disapointed in u..all ur sentences is full of hypocracy

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by promixdavinci(m): 9:41am On Jan 05, 2015
midolian:
...easy OLDMAN..wat r u barking for?...it takes wisdom to understand a proverb..if u ve not got it, its not my fault....kindly work on ur thinking

promixdavinci:

jst dont talk if u hve notin gud 2 say..wat kind of language is pray hard 2 see feb 14, go nd kill him b4 den..ur type is d one pourin insult on ur parent nd u ar hia talkin trash..jonathan is nt his problem? do u reason 4m ur anus b4 u talk? u called him kid? mehn am disapointed in u..all ur sentences is full of hypocracy
midolian:
...easy OLDMAN..wat r u barking for?...it takes wisdom to understand a proverb..if u ve not got it, its not my fault....kindly work on ur thinking

am sure he think 4m his anus..

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:44am On Jan 05, 2015
Short of rigging---then ending up being chased into exile by the people--- theres absolutely no way GEJ will win the election.

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by promixdavinci(m): 9:45am On Jan 05, 2015
tomakint:

Learn to be civil kid and stop thinking hiding behind your keyboard to spew thrash will save you. You are not the only kid here, you'll not be the first and definitely not the last.....be very very CAREFUL!

u ar d one who is been civil hia ryt, i jst wonda

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Collynzo9: 9:46am On Jan 05, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
Short of rigging---then ending up being chased into exile by the people--- theres absolutely no way GEJ will win the election.
What is your business?
I thought you said you aren't Nigerian?
SMH
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by marshalfire: 9:48am On Jan 05, 2015
This is a bitter truth that must be told.I know GEJ days are numbered but the way pastors are going round about it doesn't sound well.I know PDP will surely fade out this time around but let's be polite in our comments.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by OluchiDelly: 10:01am On Jan 05, 2015
Abok1:

Not the case...he's simply stating the obvious

When our Nelipot President places himself in a precarious situation, anyone who wants the progress of this nation would call him to order, unlike his ventripotent praise singers. Someone who should be the custodian of our sovereignty as a nation is seen fanning the embers of ethnic and religious bigotry, forgetting that you cannot continue to fool everyone for so long.

From a religious perspective, Prophet Nathan Rebuked David when he sinned, i guess he should have stayed out of politics, and the politician shouldn't stay out of churches when they need votes I guess. If the polity is messed up and there's chaos in the land, would the church hold services? Joseph was a prime minister in Egypt, David was a musician to King Saul, Esther was married to the Persian King Ahasuerus, Daniel served King Nebuchadnezzar, showing that when the church distances itself from politics then they have no right to complain when policies goes against their beliefs, in-fact being involved with politics means influencing decisions, hence it was easier for the children to be freed from Egypt by Moses who grew up as a prince/general as a result of which he understood the inner workings of the Egyptian dynasty.

It is only a selfish individual that would want us to maintain the status quo, and if GMB messes up, we vote him out too.

agree wt u. nice write up. How come u hav ds indept knowlege of d Bible and u call urself aboki or abok 1?

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by josite: 10:03am On Jan 05, 2015
how do u know that a man is a prophet/man of god.whatever he says comes to pass.this is how the man said obasanjo's head will roll on the floor and now obasanjo's head is still on his head .
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by tomakint: 10:05am On Jan 05, 2015
promixdavinci:

jst dont talk if u hve notin gud 2 say..wat kind of language is pray hard 2 see feb 14, go nd kill him b4 den..jonathan is nt his problem? do u reason 4m ur anus b4 u talk? u called him kid?
You are not a wiseman! None of you clowns wished this Country well let alone the President so don't pretend you don't know what I am talking about. In case you are dead to voice of reason, I repeat, JONATHAN IS NOT THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA!

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by asidere(m): 10:06am On Jan 05, 2015
Nice move by Channels tv.instead of preaching about holliness and about the bible,he is busy criticising the govt.na him holy pass.can you imagine he said inec should pospone the elections by six months
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by dammytosh: 10:18am On Jan 05, 2015
iv4fb:

You're clueless and senseless, this is 2015

Only if your Principal get sense pass me.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by yemivictor: 10:20am On Jan 05, 2015
teemanbastos:
Turning the Altar of God into Merchandise.

Too Bad.
People are getting me wrong ..
What i meant is that maybe he should have done that outside the Altar.. Nt necessarily during service.
He said the right things but at the wrong location.

Merchandise? How?! Was he selling gala on the pulpit?!
If you agree he said the right things, where does merchandise come in?!
Wrong location? But the church members are Nigerians, the church is in Nigeria and he is a pastor!
I think people are needlessly losing sleep about the messenger rather than focus on the message!
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by kayalla(f): 10:20am On Jan 05, 2015
thewarrior72:
You cheap w'hore, don't u have shame, must u comment on every damn thread on nairaland? Do u sleep & wake up here?, don't u have work, family or even efulefu husband to keep u out of nairaland, for atleast 30minutes?..smh
wtf? is this personal or is it still about this topic? dude ur brain is loosing u ooo. go and drink ijebu garri with cold pure water and come back.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by thewarrior72: 10:35am On Jan 05, 2015
kayalla:

wtf? is this personal or is it still about this topic? dude ur brain is loosing u ooo. go and drink ijebu garri with cold pure water and come back.
Nothing personal, It's annoying how she trolls 24-7 on nairaland
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by yemivictor: 10:40am On Jan 05, 2015
Abok1:

Not the case...he's simply stating the obvious

When our Nelipot President places himself in a precarious situation, anyone who wants the progress of this nation would call him to order, unlike his ventripotent praise singers. Someone who should be the custodian of our sovereignty as a nation is seen fanning the embers of ethnic and religious bigotry, forgetting that you cannot continue to fool everyone for so long.

From a religious perspective, Prophet Nathan Rebuked David when he sinned, i guess he should have stayed out of politics, and the politician shouldn't stay out of churches when they need votes I guess. If the polity is messed up and there's chaos in the land, would the church hold services? Joseph was a prime minister in Egypt, David was a musician to King Saul, Esther was married to the Persian King Ahasuerus, Daniel served King Nebuchadnezzar, showing that when the church distances itself from politics then they have no right to complain when policies goes against their beliefs, in-fact being involved with politics means influencing decisions, hence it was easier for the children to be freed from Egypt by Moses who grew up as a prince/general as a result of which he understood the inner workings of the Egyptian dynasty.

It is only a selfish individual that would want us to maintain the status quo, and if GMB messes up, we vote him out too.

Best comment i have ever read on NL on socio-politics.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by aviazuva: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2015
Bridgetown:
Pastors should leave politics for politicians, too many prophecy for 2015 and they are all contradicting themselves saying different things.
I am seriously fed with Nigeria politics of region, setiments, tribes and religion.

Can Almighty God do a thing without telling His prophets first?

We need them in all aspects of our lives.

The unfortunate thing is that we cannot decifer the true from the false prophets

But all the same, AVIANAZUGODU
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by alabiyemmy(m): 10:49am On Jan 05, 2015
The same pastor who preached fire and brimstone in 1999. He even said OBJ wouldnt be sworn in but OBJ ended doing two terms.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by aviazuva: 10:52am On Jan 05, 2015
CyrusXandria:
He's just too controversial and meddles too much,that's my only issue with him coupled with the fact that he's a self-acclaimed man of God.

I am beginning to think that all of us are correct in our evaluation and attending to the circumstances on ground

and that shows how we may pilot the affairs of the nation if given opportunity.

Some of you are like GEJ, some are like GMB,
some are like IBB while some are like OBJ

I am still on my WATCH hehehehehe
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 05, 2015
mbulela:
What exactly did he say that is news? The man was just stating the obvious.

I wonder o! May God save us from Emperor Goofluck or is Jonathan Khan angry
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Emmy0203: 11:07am On Jan 05, 2015
teemanbastos:
Turning the Altar of God into Merchandise.

Too Bad.
People are getting me wrong ..
What i meant is that maybe he should have done that outside the Altar.. Nt necessarily during service.
He said the right things but at the wrong location.
wait a minute! R u sayin it is wrong 2say d truth on altar?
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by yemivictor: 11:10am On Jan 05, 2015
hippyzuki:
. Pls are u tryn to kill him? Which 1 b pray hard to see Feb 14?

ROFL...
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Abok1(m): 11:13am On Jan 05, 2015
OluchiDelly:

agree wt u. nice write up. How come u hav ds indept knowlege of d Bible and u call urself aboki or abok 1?

My sister, I'm a Christian and not a Northerner, my moniker means friend in Hausa and I chose it because I feel it shouldn't matter where we are from as long as we are Nigerians, we should not be sectional in our dealings.

I was watching the Christmas address from the Queen of England, and afterwards saw a snippet of our president's new year speech. To say I was shocked and embarrassed is an understatement of the actual feelings I felt, if an 88 year old woman sounded more inspiring than our able President who sounded like a local government chairman. His body language exudes fears and he struggled all through the broadcast that I felt he is being misled by his advisers and cronies, i wouldn't be wrong to assume he's being forced to continue by the powers that be and people with vested interest in the Nigerian project.

We complain about racism towards the blacks by the Caucasians, when we get to Nigeria we are addressed based on our ethnicity and religious affiliations. Its only the greedy politicians that gains from dividing us along religious and ethnic lines, to achieve their selfish aims.

5 Likes

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by ayo4dworld(m): 11:20am On Jan 05, 2015
That's why the programme is called 'The Moment of Truth'. So painful Channels Terminated such a wonderful and truth revealing programme while watching'. You have missed hidden and vital truth if you missed the programme. Many of we Nigerians are ignorant of the truth. And until we hear/see/know the truth we will remain in bondage. Freedom of Speech should be part of Human right I think.

God help us all!!!
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by gabicon: 11:28am On Jan 05, 2015
I keep a date with pastor bakare programme every Sunday and I was quite disappointed channels TV cut it off. Pastor Tunde bakare has always been like this even during the military era for us to be surprised will be to live in a fools paradise. The question is did he say anything that was false or beyond the obvious? From my point of view he didn't, the level of dissatisfaction is sky rocketing Nigeria, our children kidnapped from their school and turned to terrorist, young girls strapped with explosive these are too much to take let's not go to the corruption in our finances. I would implore more pastors, imams, scholars etc to start talking since we are bankrupt of community leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by onatisi(m): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
Anyone that prays for war and bloodshed in nigeria this year will have his or her family blood spilled and shed on the streets. His or her children bowels will be ripped open and dogs will devour their meat. Anyone that supports or even think about nigeria having bloodshed will not live beyond the election day. Their lives shall be cut short suddenly. They will not see the end of febuary. Nigeria shall be in peace and unity. There will be an election , and there will be a winner as well as a loser. No one clamoring or supporting bloodshed in nigeria shall eat or see the good of nigeria.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
Collynzo9:

What is your business?
I thought you said you aren't Nigerian?
SMH
we've gone through this at least 5times. Stop being silly. Concentrate on the topic at hand. Remember, if you don't do the job PDP paid you for--- when Buhari wins--- it's back to the Motor Park for you, or Armed Robbery, and guess what that will get you since Buhari abhors criminal acts...

Exactly! So, get to posting Propaganda till your fingers crackle because your survival depends entirely on it.

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Collynzo9: 12:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
we've gone through this at least 5times. Stop being silly. Concentrate on the topic at hand. Remember, if you don't do the job PDP paid you for--- when Buhari wins--- it's back to the Motor Park for you, or Armed Robbery, and guess what that will get you since Buhari abhors criminal acts...

Exactly! So, get to posting Propaganda till your fingers crackle because your survival depends entirely on it.

Absolute nonsense. I am a Nigerian, fully concerned about my country and have every reason to discuss its politics.
You said you aren't a Nigerian so what is your interest here if you aren't a paid mercenary or someone looking forward to hand outs from a new government? I cannot imagine a reasonable American roaming around Nairaland all day criticising GEJ and promoting Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by olamkas: 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2015
teemanbastos:
Right thing at the wrong location sir.
I wonder how some people think. Is it not the pastors that the so-called leaders go infront of them kneeling?was it not inside the same church the do that?
But why is it that you always want to remove ghe hand of God in the matters of your affairs because you think yoh know all?
People should stop separating religion from politics because God is all encompassing and should be involved in all aspect of our life.
In addition,let us live by the books!
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
Hold on. I thought this article said Channels TV is an independent company. I laugh in French.

See why you can't trust Nigerian media. They are all controlled by the government. This is blatant censorship. They even PAID to be broadcast, so Channels has no justification whatsoever. They better give them a full refund. And be sued for breach of contract.

When people say Nigeria is a democracy:
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2015
Collynzo9:

Absolute nonsense. I am a Nigerian, fully concerned about my country and have every reason to discuss its politics.
You said you aren't a Nigerian so what is your interest here if you aren't a paid mercenary or someone looking forward to hand outs from a new government? I cannot imagine a reasonable American roaming around Nairaland all day criticising GEJ and promoting Buhari.
Well, like most GEJ supporters it is not surprising that you will try to divert the topic at hand and derail the thread by lying, miscontruing events, and posting idiocy that makes no sense. Focus on the subject at hand and earn your pay. Concentrate dude, your survival depends at it. If you don't make enough between now and Feb.14th hunger is going to beckon.

Then again, your kind only gets called up every election cycle. I.e go hungry for 3 1/2 yrs, eat lovely for 6 months...until the next election.

Padre, your beef is not with me. Focus on why you're on here 24/7. Earn your pay.

P.S: Go ask Sarah McDonald, Jeremy Weate, Rajiv Amrhabbi and co why they talk about Nigeria all day on social media. If not for people like us your stories would've never been told and your plight would've been unknown to the world. In other words, get on your knees and thank us you ungrateful jerk.

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Collynzo9: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
Well, like most GEJ supporters it is not surprising that you will try to divert the topic on hand and derail the thread by lying, miscontruing events, and posting idiocy that makes no sense. Focus on the subject at hand and earn your pay. Concentrate dude, your survival depends at it. If you don't make enough between now and Feb.14th hunger is going to beckon.

Then again, your kind only gets called up every election cycle. I.e go hungry for 3 1/2 yrs, eat lovely for 6 months...until the next election.

Padre, your beef is not with me. Focus on why you're on here 24/7. Earn your pay.

P.S: Go ask Sarah McDonald, Jeremy Weate, Rajiv Amrhabbi and co why they talk about Nigeria all day on social media. If not for people like us your stories would've never been told and your plight would've been unknown to the world. In other words, get on your knees and thank us you ungrateful jerk.
Those people you named do not go about promoting a particular candidate, they do their jobs and get out of the way.
You are here 24/7 promoting Buhari and ridiculing Jonathan yet you call someone else paid. You need to go through my posts and yours to see who is promoting a particular agenda.
You are probably one of those roaming around the government circles looking for fake contracts and have been so disappointed you want a government that can help you out with crumbs.
It sucks to be you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Clinton207: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
Davvymavvy:

Very good you know he said right thing
oooo God raise up prophets who you speak to directly,who would be bold to take ur message direct to our leaders in their throne,like elisha,elijah and other prophets of old did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu: Why I Delegated El-Rufai, Others To Answer Questions At Chatham House / United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name / Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.