Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda (2609 Views)

How Much Is Baking Soda... And Where Can I Buy It From / Photo: Wow! This Is An Amazing Exhibition Of Creativity In Baking / If You Did Not Eat This Food, Then You Must Be Of A Younger Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by larrymoore(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2015
Bicarbonate is an inexpensive product that allows you to perform many tasks saving money and avoiding pollutants in the home which then end up in the environment.Here are some little known uses of baking:

OVEN CLEANER:

Removes accumulated fat in the oven without rubbing and avoiding products that pollute. Just take a little bit of baking in the oven, wet it with water to moisten it well and leave it on a couple of hours. Rinsed in vinegar to prevent a white film is formed.

Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by larrymoore(m): 8:51am On Jan 05, 2015
CLEAN FRUITS AND VEGETABLES:

baking allows you to clean fruits, vegetables and better than some products created specifically for it, but also eliminates pesticides vegetables. Take a few tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl of cold water and put the fruits and vegetables there for five or ten minutes. It may need a brush to scrub the potatoes and celery.

Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by larrymoore(m): 8:53am On Jan 05, 2015
DISHWASHER:

soda will help remove dirt stuck together dishes and pans, if you first dip them in soapy water and then sprinkle on the most difficult areas. You can also use it in the dishwasher to clean better and remove odors.
Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by larrymoore(m): 8:55am On Jan 05, 2015
DEODORANT FOR SHOES:

pour a few tablespoons of baking soda into a coffee filter paper or tissue paper, seal it with a rubber band and put it in the shoe or sneaker with confidence because it does not damage even the most delicate materials such as suede

Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by larrymoore(m): 8:57am On Jan 05, 2015
ELIMINATES THE MUSTY SMELL OF BOOKS:

Mold can thrive on old books, pictures and other things, causing a characteristic odor and many allergic reactions. To remove it, put the books in an airtight container with a container with plenty of soda.
Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by larrymoore(m): 9:01am On Jan 05, 2015
STAIN:

Baking used to remove grease, oil and wine. For this, I sprinkle it on the stain, leave it for a while and, if necessary, rub with a paste of baking soda and water. Very useful especially in carpets and sofas.

Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by larrymoore(m): 9:03am On Jan 05, 2015
CLEAN METALS:

with a cloth and some baking shines chrome and stainless steel. And with a little lemon juice, also in bronze. To leave the impeccable silver if it is small, such as rings or earrings parts, just cover them with soda or shake them in a bowl with bicarbonate. Put the largest pieces of silver on aluminum foil in the bottom of a pan and add a quart of boiling water in which you’ve taken a quarter cup of baking soda and three teaspoons of salt. Cover the pan and let stand a few seconds.
Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by larrymoore(m): 9:11am On Jan 05, 2015
Rat has destroyed my voters' card can I vote with my nysc cert?
Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 05, 2015
larrymoore:
Rat has destroyed my voters' card can I vote with my nysc cert?
Just keep that away from the voracious rat. cheesy
Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by softandsweet(f): 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
Good one Op..... Baking soda is also used tontake away stinge from refrigerators and fridges. Just make a paste of baking soda and water in a small container, and after cleaning your fridge place it in and cover it for about an hour...... It returns the fridge to its odourless state smiley.
Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
To make crack cocaine:the powder form of the drug is dissolved in hot water and baking soda is added. It is boiled until the water is nearly gone, and then the solids are filtered out. What remains after drying is a hard rock of concentrated cocaine that is then smokable....bet u didn't know Op
Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by zitalin(f): 2:49am On Jan 27, 2015
Baking soda can also be used to get a whiter teeth...jus add alittle to ur toothpaste while brushing at least 2wice a week.

It can be used to clear black under arms...mix baking soda with a little water nd apply to affected areas, wash afta 10 mins. Do dis for abt 2 weeks
Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by lanrecole(m): 7:28am On Jan 27, 2015
Pls were can i buy baking soda and how much can i get it
Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by sylph22: 7:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
Hello @lanrecole , you can get baking soda from any cake vendor. I mean those people that sell flour, sugar etc. It goes for about 50-100 naira.
Re: 9 Things You Did Not Know You Can Do With Baking Soda by Ome44: 9:20am On Feb 03, 2015
Is baking soda d same with what dey call baking powder?

(1) (Reply)

No they're not marble!These are real edible cakes! / Whats D English Name / Picture Gallery Of Cakes By ME.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.