Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide (9659 Views)

Imo State Judiciary Workers Embark On Indefinite Strike / STRIKE: Judicial Workers Shut Down Courts Nationwide / STRIKE: Judicial Workers Shut Down Courts Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by MuguliciousMUGU: 1:28pm On Jan 05, 2015
Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN) has closed down all courts nationwide following the refusal of the executive to comply with a judgment of a Federal High Court, Abuja, which ordered the executive to stay off funds meant for the judiciary.

The union's president, Mustapha Adamu who spoke with our correspondent in Abuja said the workers decided to go on an indefinite strike because the executive did not comply with the agreement reached with the union to comply with the judgment of the court on judiciary funding.
While sympathizing with litigants, he said the workers had no choice but to go on strike to compel implementation of a subsisting court order and the agreement reached with them.
THISDAY reports ‎that the strike led to a total shut down of the courts at the Federal Capital Territory.

At the Federal High Court located at the Central Business District, judges, lawyers and workers were‎ politely turned back. The situation was the same at the Abuja High Court which is in the Maitama District.

The Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal located at the Three Arms Zone were also locked‎.
The strike is coming at a crucial period when many politicians who are dissatisfied with their parties primaries are hoping that the courts would come to their ‎rescue.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/judiciary-workers-shut-down-courts-nationwide/198447/
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by alberto2k(m): 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
No qualms

They'll return after election cuz many LOSERS will be going to COURT

3 Likes

Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2015
nice move, let the government honour dat agreement . let me continue my Christmas holiday here in the village, a beg make una flash me wen the strike finish. God bless JUSUN
FP tinz I dedicate dis to my former girlfriend d best gal in d world
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by MayorofLagos(m): 1:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
Why didn't the judiciary workers address their grievance through the legal process, why a labour strike?

Isn't this the same action they condemn in other professional unions?

2 Likes

Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by bolaino(m): 1:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
AFRICOM
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by MuguliciousMUGU: 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
Only God knows when they would settle them...

1 Like

Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by onwai1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
K
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by TRADELYN: 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
Too bad undecided

In other news...
........Enjoy 30% Discount This Season .......

For your school project, business plan, market research, etc....email 'tradelyn@gmail.com.'

Compliments!
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by LuckyLadolce(m): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
oga oooo
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by joeace2020(m): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
strike. strike everywhere... we don turn strikers finish.. virtually everybody and everything is going on strike because jonas thirst for money is insatiable

ASUU strike
NUPENG strike
NMA strike
PHCN Strike
JOHESU strike
NTA strike
PDP strike
JONATHAIANS strike
Me sef strike

20 Likes

Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by korel9: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by softnipples(f): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
If this is happening ,what is the hope of we future lawyers? No need to resume school be that ooo! God help us undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by Walexsammy(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Which sector for dis country no go go strike?

1 Like

Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by BasseyJ(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
too bad, most of them just need an extended holiday.
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by Blurry: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Yet they said they will strengthen our institutions. Which institutions by the way?

You wonder why a reasonable executive will be taking the funds meant for this institution.

Alas, there was a country...
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by simplibaba(m): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
How hs dz thrash increase my allowee?

Oya make we strt to dey blame jonathan for this ooooo?

I tust lai muhammed dat he will strt blamin pdpricks for this......

Watching in HD......

Abeg who get ebola dere make hin borrow me?
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by Mutuwa(m): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
Strike is an annual ritual in naija..them go come bk.
Their grandparents ASUU and co should educate them.
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by fabolakers(m): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
OK. Next.
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Why didn't the judiciary workers address their grievance through the legal process, why a labour strike?

already done before,but not respected

4 Likes

Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by Crocz(m): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
Nothing is working in this Nigeria compliments of Jonathan. Health workers are on strike too, economy collapsing, security is zero, naira is becoming worthless, there is no order in anything and corruption is at all time highest.

And soon some set of people will come here to type #GEJ2019, even thou they have eyes the size of Tarsier but cannot see and brain the size of hippopotamus but cannot think on their own. I know what's good for this country and Jonathan isn't one of them.

Note: I've no allegiance to any party nor anybody, just a patriot who loves his country!

6 Likes

Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
Heard National Hospital workers are on strike too.

Strikes everywhere.
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by Ilekeh(f): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
Yawnnn

Same ol same ol.

Thieves on every soil in Nigeria.

They also want to get bribed during this election period.

No man left behind. Who wan carry last?
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by zonax(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
We just got into 2015 and they have started. We just dey.
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by ibrhyme77(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
Imagine how many people that will be suffering because of this,countless people who are in prisons that are working on their bails have got their hopes dashed.

1 Like

Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by alaoeri: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
Virtually everything ain't working under GEJ adminstration, time to send him back to Otueke.
Vote GMB.
Sai Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by Fresia01(f): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
good for them.. what actually have they been judging before... corrupt people
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by dotna(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
haba. not again !
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by lovinhubby2wife(m): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
whatt
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by timifizzy(m): 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Redress has earlier on been sought in court, and the court has given judgment on the matter. After judgment, it is the function of the excecutive arm of government to enforce the judgement. They have failed to enforce the judgment hence the present strike action to call for the enforcement and implementation of the court judgment. I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by simplibaba(m): 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
softnipples:
If this is happening ,what is the hope of we future lawyers? No need to resume school be that ooo! God help us undecided

Pepper selling nah,,u dey dull ham?
Re: Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide by researchgenes(m): 3:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
I wonder who the strike is directed to? the Executive or National Assembly?

a very funny situation because the people (i.e. Judges) who should be crying and wailing are actually quiet or mute on the issue. they stand to gain more than the ordinary judicial staff worker in this present situation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fela Kuti Charged With Armed Robbery And Severely Beaten By Buhari (pic) / Governance Is Stagnant Because Buhari Is Working With His Enemies — Buba Galadim / 2019 Elections: APC, PDP Disagree Over Readiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.