Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants (20360 Views)

Azikel Refinery To Commence Operations In 2018 / Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today / Dangote/black Rhino Group To Construct $10bn Power Plants In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by priscaoge(f): 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
ooshinibos:

please careful sir , Jonathan as not fulfilled the major concerned of our people - POWER / ELECTRICITY .....which is the catalyst for any other development , he has been promising since the inception of his tenure ,...if Jonathan had painstaking and vigorously provided electricity for 60 percent of his citizens , he will not need to campaign ..it will be an automatic re-election :::I DONT CARE IF HE STAYS TILL 2044

Relax Bro! wink

His haters has been kicking his administration since time immemorial!

No matter how hard they try to frustrate his works,he's still focused n determined! wink cool
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by theM16: 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
dre11:
Does the president thinks that we are fools in this nations

Does he thinks the youths would be carjole with all this promise of this and that just to win votes

All this years..... Why didn't he fulfill all this programs
Why did he delayed to the last minute to start rolling programs that he will do this, he will do that.

All I keep hearing is rolling of elephant project just some few weeks to elections
Is it this programs that money for elections campaign or electoral spending going to come out.

I just don't understand the rush for all this programs and contract awarding at the tail end of his reign.

Lol. Obviously some pple still praising em for 11th hour projects r still fools. Or they just got to Nigeria. Ot they r simply nt wise enough to know every election time we hear so much promises. All d old promises have not bn 50percent completed n now we wan add new promises of buyin stoves for awses n jets for president, power plant. We go soon hear refinery project or contract

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
Day just break abi?... #change2015!

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by iampartyboy(m): 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
igbayi laaro *yimu
#GMB la dibo fun
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Collynzo9: 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
ooshinibos:

solar power will do more ...most of the contries you mentioned have dumped coal ..do your research
Solar power can only be used in rural areas where there isn't much demand for electricity.
Those countries are building more coal powered plants, do your own research.
www.carbonbrief.org/blog/2013/02/preliminary-uk-energy-stats-show-big-jump-in-coal-fired-electricity
www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=427&t=3

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Vikkie14: 3:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
[quote author=priscaoge post=29513

Well I school in UK not France cheesy cheesy

Go GEJ!!!!!!!!! [/quote] i would have supported you if not that you didnt school in France again cox FRANCE HAS GONE NUCLEAR
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Uchwilliam(m): 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mbaka has woken dem

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
priscaoge:
Jonathan is working.....!

GEJ Keep doing it!

You are coming back to complete ur good works whether d DEVIL like it or YES cheesy

GEJ till 2019!!!!! kiss

Smh. Indeed the most gullible set of humans on earth are Nigerians.

How many times will politicians throw this election stunt on U?

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by dre11(m): 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
theM16:

Lol. Obviously some pple still praising em for 11th hour projects r still fools. Or they just got to Nigeria. Ot they r simply nt wise enough to know every election time we hear so much promises. All d old promises have not bn 50percent completed n now we wan add new promises of buyin stoves for awses n jets for president, power plant. We go soon hear refinery project or contract

Most of them just are just having the first time opportunity to vote
So, they are still learning or
The are just as dull as their oga Jona

Because I can't be fooled with all this white elephant project and promises at the late hour
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by 49cents(m): 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
priscaoge:

GEJ Keep doing it!

You are coming back to complete ur good works whether d DEVIL like it or YES cheesy

GEJ till 2019!!!!! kiss

GEJ supporters no dey fall hand sam sam
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Abugab(m): 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
Is GEJ just waking up? Well, he said in 2011 that if he cannot gurantee power to Nigerians in 4 years, we shouldn't give him our votes. It's almost 4 years and no light with elections less the 40 days. We shall keep to his statement of 2011.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by MadCow1: 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
priscaoge:

GEJ Keep doing it!

GEJ till 2019!!!!! kiss

I wonder wether some of you remember that Chibok Girls have still not been found... Imagine say you follow for the girls wey dem carry, you wouldn't be here talking about GEJs good work.

Change 2015... Anything but Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by joearinze(m): 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
for ur favourite news gossip visit http://stephanieamaka..com/ :shake::thumbsup::rolleyes:
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
alberto2k:
Goodnews

But

Is this part of the employment and jobs he promised Nigerians

Or

The stable power supply he promised Nigerians

Cuz me dey comment now wit 11% ba3 and no light

None of the above.

The answer is = this is a stunt to make U vote for Him again.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by alberto2k(m): 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
dapsonjegz:
do u knw d essence of constant power supply?do u even knw it will encourage foreign investors 2 establish firms in nigeriaa wich will authomatically lead 2 increase in emplopymnt & rduce unemploymnt....i fink it shud be a nyc job if d FG succed

Yeah...
He didn't even fulfil upto 25% of all the promises he made to Nigerians 6yrs ago
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
fg "to"
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2015
rozayx5:
saw geregu Power plant on my way to Abj last month, it was a sight to behold, GEJ is really trying

Is it working?

Cos the masses are not seeing its effect.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by alberto2k(m): 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2015
Vikkie14:

Good question but it would have serve you better if your question could be directed to your state governor. Take Akwa Ibom state as case study. Though not every state can copy them, but i think if the FG is failing us, can't the Gov rise to work? I dont think am having a 6hours daily light these days since Mr Bart Nnaji tendered his resignation letters sometimes ago. Though i quite agree it's the FG work

Everyone will have their share of the faults but
We have to start from the "Oga at the top"
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Mrbigman1(m): 3:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
spyder880:
Enugu state on the march to greatness! You are welcome already grin

With 1kw? And d minister from ur place? U need a break.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Frankestein08(m): 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
alberto2k:
Goodnews

But

Is this part of the employment and jobs he promised Nigerians

Or

The stable power supply he promised Nigerians

Cuz me dey comment now wit 11% ba3 and no light

fool, no be d coal plant wey go giv u lyt hin dey build!
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by stayblack: 3:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
thieves, na today day break.steal enough, because hand go meet una next month.GEJ nor fit structure that his bitch illitrate wife, u say u wan gov us, guy u nor get balls, so please go back to catch fish for otuke.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Frankestein08(m): 3:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
hazyfm:
[size=48pt]PROPAGANDA[/size]

WHY NOW? WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN DOING SINCE 2011

WHY COMMENCE A PROJECT U WON'T FINISH

don't worry na, ur buhari ll complete it if he doesn't, happy now!
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
Vikkie14:
Good move FG
But
I think it's time we go "Nuclear".
BTW, we should be utilizing our "solar" energy more effectively than even this coal and hydro projects. If we could combine solar with coal with Nuclear(exempting Hydro<cox water level may drop anytime> and thermal<that consume fuel>wink, Nigeria will be a better place. Imagine the job these will generate---millions of job seekers will be taken off the "job-market".

But, last time, i read about China spending 25Billion to generate 22,000MW, and Nigeria spending 35Billion to generate 2500MW, though i'm not sure how true this is, but, it's time we focus on the "future" and that future is Nuclear.

IT'S TIME TO GO NUCLEAR NIGERIA

Nigeria Nuclear power!!!!

Oga U wan turn this country to ashes ni?

All it needs is one strike from boko boys & 9ja will be finished business.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by ceejay80s(m): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
rozayx5:
saw geregu Power plant on my way to Abj last month, it was a sight to behold, GEJ is really trying
Na his private money dem take build am?
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Bifwoli: 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
Dirty coal to power Nigeria's perennial power problems?

That's like an obese man going to a fast food restaurant for healthy eating.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2015
kennygee:
Will these plants be environment friendly?

They will never finish the plant jare. So don't worry.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
condralbede:
Nice...GEJ is working,GMB is bombingshocked

GEJ till buhari presents his original cert for verifications and clarifications cool

One thing that worries me about the forth coming election is that people like U will keep misleading the public into making the same mistake twice
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by alberto2k(m): 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
Frankestein08:

fool, no be d coal plant wey go giv u lyt hin dey build!

Guy easy na... Did I insult u or anyone here?

Or can't I air my views in my country again? undecided

Anyways, thanks
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Vikkie14: 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

Nigeria Nuclear power!!!!

Oga U wan turn this country to ashes ni?

All it needs is one strike from boko boys & 9ja will be finished business.
grin Bro it's not like that na. Building a Nuclear Energy Facility is not like making a Nuclear bomb. Though, there are quite similarities between the two, but UN watchdog on Nuclear Proliferation would inspect the site if it's for civilian or military use. Nigeria is a bit far from producing a Nuclear warhead. Nuclear Energy for Economic consumption is different from a Nuclear Reactor build mainly for Weapon. And on Boko haram issue, they dont have such manpower to cause any havoc at such site cox radiation at a nuclear facility is something they wont want venturing/risking their life with. They cant operate a Nuclear Facility except with the help of an Insider.

FYI, Nigeria has signed a treaty on "Non-proliferation" of Nuclear weapon, so any attempt to built a nuclear reactor will be check-mate by UN watchdog
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by iampartyboy(m): 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
priscaoge:

Women are taking over politics please wake up tongue....Days are gone when we are been neglected n left @ d background! Jonathan is working,even d blind can see it clearly!

Well I school in UK not France cheesy cheesy

Go GEJ!!!!!!!!!

Where d women for dey take over? maybe in UK kuz u school in UK. I schooled in uniben and trust me it was hell. Insecurities, blackouts, bad roads, corruption etc. if this administration is working to you then u know nothing going on here in Nigeria as you are enjoying Life in UK and u should be sent to the kitchen as punishment grin
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by BankManager(m): 3:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
A month to election??
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
Uncle Mbaka said that if we vote Jonathan four another four years, Nigeria will be in trouble.

Me, I dont want trouble o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Palms Shopping Mall Has Finally Opened / Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.