Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:10 AM

FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants (20338 Views)

Azikel Refinery To Commence Operations In 2018 / Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today / Dangote/black Rhino Group To Construct $10bn Power Plants In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Fairgodwin(m): 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
Chigold101:
tell me those projects that federal government said they commence that they didnt commence.

Tell me about that false hope they gave u...

With all due respect, Sir, I don't think you're from Nigeria or live in Nigeria.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
hybeenoni:
FG to.........
FG to........
FG to.........

Dats ol we get frm GEJ's govt.
Yeye of d highest order!

I tire for this our "commencing" govamentioo ma broda....FG to commence this, FG to commence that, yet we no dey see am for ground.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by highmood(m): 7:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
Vikkie14:
Firstly, your comment is abusive bro.
On the other hand if they want to, they are free. Every Nuclear sites in the world i have knowledge about are not build around residential area, they are sited far away from the city. Take Chernobyl city for instance, that city was created majorly for workers working at the Nuclear site only for civilian to pour into the city. The day the Reactor mishap happened, all the people were taken on exodus out of the city. There are alot of Hazards related with Nuclear reactors, but with caution, civilian would be hit less from malfunctions from the facility. So just forget about where to site it, a "secluded" site would be created for such an hazardous facility.
Hey! Never meant an insult dear. Nuclear energy is cheaper and cost effective but considering the carelessness of our governments, considering the I don't care manner of the people, its better to consider the use of other sources which we have in abundance such as gas, coal, solar. The problem I have with govt on how the power project is sited is that, the plants are far from the source of gas. Why not build the plants in communities where they have abundant coal, water, sun and gas then supply the power to those in that state and neighboring state before considering other states far from them. This to me could be more impacting.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by xklucvG: 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
free2ryhme:
We know u want to steal money through these white elephant projects been embarked upon at the eleventh hour

Ole
Chai! Guy sofri now na ur presido u dey blow him cover like this. You see, i no blame this politicians because the electorate dey sell their votes.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by rhames(m): 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
again we will hear it again next year.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
Hardetayour:
LOOOL. What do u really know? U think Lagos Ibadan expressway is a Lagos state project? Go and do ur research well. Abi when Lagos Ibadan expressway turn State road?
You shld first get informed before responding to facts. Lagos Badagry, yes, is a federal road. And no, the current project is not handled by the Federal govt but by your innocent and corrupt-less Lagos state govt for a whooping #10 Billion. SMH

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Vikkie14: 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2015
highmood:
Hey! Never meant an insult dear. Nuclear energy is cheaper and cost effective but considering the carelessness of our governments, considering the I don't care manner of the people, its better to consider the use of other sources which we have in abundance such as gas, coal, solar. The problem I have with govt on how the power project is sited is that, the plants are far from the source of gas. Why not build the plants in communities where they have abundant coal, water, sun and gas then supply the power to those in that state and neighboring state before considering other states far from them. This to me could be more impacting.
i Agree.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Vikkie14: 11:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
slimfit1:

Alright then thanks for the info. Where are you from west east or north ma ?
Am not Ma, am SIR. Dont you see the "m" with my moniker. Bro, you are really cool.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:16am On Jan 06, 2015
condralbede:
And you are misleading the public to cast their votes for a man who claims he will kick corruption out of this country whereas he is d most corrupt.
tell your pay master to present his original cert,that's all!! tongue tongue

I work by facts & statistics not sentimental gibberish.

1) A former Head of state was rumoured to have left power as a broke man(literally, financially broke) yet U accuse the same person of corruption.

Hmmmm. I no wan yab U oooo. But this orientation of Urs is one in town ooooo.

Was Buhari ever charged to court for corruption? or where exactly do U get Ur statistics from?

2) I wish I could earn money for fighting this good fight to save my mother land. But no one is paying me. Not that I'm expecting a pay actually.

3) U know this issue of certificate is just a political distraction. It will be resolved soon.

Stop fighting for Ur ethnic group alone. Fight for Ur mother land. Cos I believe U are campaigning for GEJ cos U are from the South or East
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by 100Cents: 3:15am On Jan 06, 2015
priscaoge:
Jonathan is working.....!

GEJ Keep doing it!

You are coming back to complete ur good works whether d DEVIL like it or YES cheesy

GEJ till 2019!!!!! kiss

Seconded

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Chigold101(m): 6:49am On Jan 06, 2015
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Chigold101(m): 6:50am On Jan 06, 2015
Fairgodwin:

With all due respect, Sir, I don't think you're from Nigeria or live in Nigeria.
Sir does where i live or come from matter? It doesnt at all.

Just mantion two projects federal government of Nigeria said they would do and they didnt start it after giving a date for it?
I need a fact so that when i accuse GEJ and his team, i will do that with facts in my hand...

Thanks am waiting
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Topetutu: 8:07am On Jan 06, 2015
KUDOS TO GEJ cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by ooshinibos: 9:45am On Jan 06, 2015
UchihaMadara:

Naive.

Solar power would do more than coal?

Oh my days!

wetin be oh days ...no one is saying solar will do more than coal because its obvious , what we are saying is that lets start from solar because its easy to set up ( and its getting cheaper and suits our tropical weather )and use the coal, LPG or nuclear energy to supplement or integrate the rest of the energy supplies....enery diversification
even advanced countries in Europe that dont even have much sunlight are encouraging households ( by giving them financial grants ) to use solar panel to generate electricity i..and the rest of the unused energy is fed back into the grid ...finally , we need to diversify our energy supplies ..thats what we have been telling nigerians for 400 years now
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Joel3(m): 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
grin if its on Gej promise... We don't need it. We are used to darkness and we love it like that.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
ooshinibos:

wetin be oh days ...no one is saying solar will do more than coal because its obvious , what we are saying is that lets start from solar because its easy to set up ( and its getting cheaper and suits our tropical weather )and use the coal, LPG or nuclear energy to supplement or integrate the rest of the energy supplies....enery diversification
even advanced countries in Europe that dont even have much sunlight are encouraging households ( by giving them financial grants ) to use solar panel to generate electricity i..and the rest of the unused energy is fed back into the grid ...finally , we need to diversify our energy supplies ..thats what we have been telling nigerians for 400 years now

I am not against solar(Matter of fact, I'm currently trying to augment power gen. with solar in my home), but we need to understand that it's very expensive to generate the same amount of MWs from solar energy as you would with coal.

In my power classes, I learned that solar power/renewable energy at the current tech level, is used to supplement base power, which is power from fuel sources like coal, natural gas, nuclear energy, e.t.c.

Just think about how expensive it would be to STORE the power gotten from the panels at night to feed residential areas, you're talking some serious technology in the field of energy storage which isn't cheap. However, in the day time with the sun shining bright, the additional megawatts would be used to boost whatever power can be gotten from other sources.

In summary, solar is obviously good, but can't make up a large percentage of our fuel sources for power generation.

[img]http://www.e-education.psu.edu/drupal6/files/ebf200/electricity%20by%20source.png[/img]

Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Abdulkareem407(m): 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ok[b]Ok[/b]Ok
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Abdulkareem407(m): 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ok[i]Ok[/i]Ok
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by ooshinibos: 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
UchihaMadara:

I am not against solar(Matter of fact, I'm currently trying to augment power gen. with solar in my home), but we need to understand that it's very expensive to generate the same amount of MWs from solar energy as you would with coal.

In my power classes, I learned that solar power/renewable energy at the current tech level, is used to supplement base power, which is power from fuel sources like coal, natural gas, nuclear energy, e.t.c.

Just think about how expensive it would be to STORE the power gotten from the panels at night to feed residential areas, you're talking some serious technology in the field of energy storage which isn't cheap. However, in the day time with the sun shining bright, the additional megawatts would be used to boost whatever power can be gotten from other sources.

In summary, solar is obviously good, but can't make up a large percentage of our fuel sources for power generation.

[img]http://www.e-education.psu.edu/drupal6/files/ebf200/electricity%20by%20source.png[/img]

Thank you bruv for the clarifying , i see your point and we are technically on the same page ..from the Nigerian Perspective you have a solid point but i have problems with our leaders they have not managed to provide electricity even with the cheaper option ..i am pushing the solar panel option for individual homes not from a mass production of energy for the nation, for example i used to live in Brussels , Belgium.. where conventiional energy via coal and gas became very expensive and we started to received huge bills( due to high oil price) , people started to complain ,then the government at the time started to encourage people to invest in photo electric solar panel to supplement their energy consumption , ..and the rest of the energy that is not consumed was fed back into the national grid ( this took care of the storage issue) and you get paid for it ..or get a discount on the normal energy bill ...guess what, it worked out well for the country , germany too are applying the same process , even united kingdom too ..and as a result the main energy suppliers have reduced their prices ..because individual households are being encouraged to invest in solar panels to generate energy either directly or supplementing ..i actually believe this has led to the oil price dropped or fall .... and this will continual to fall or reduced to a normal level ...we are actually lucky in Africa where we have more sun exposure and can take the advantage of non photo electric panels which are cheaper as you rightly said ..storage is a problem ..and this is where a commonsense naija government can come help by setting equipments which can convert the excess energy into the natinal grid system ....some governments are actual paying for these converters ..its a system we call green deal where i currently live ..
many thanks for the information ..nice one bruv
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
ooshinibos:

Thank you bruv for the clarifying , i see your point and we are technically on the same page ..from the Nigerian Perspective you have a solid point but i have problems with our leaders they have not managed to provide electricity even with the cheaper option ..i am pushing the solar panel option for individual homes not from a mass production of energy for the nation, for example i used to live in Brussels , Belgium.. where conventiional energy via coal and gas became very expensive and we started to received huge bills( due to high oil price) , people started to complain ,then the government at the time started to encourage people to invest in photo electric solar panel to supplement their energy consumption , ..and the rest of the energy that is not consumed was fed back into the national grid ( this took care of the storage issue) and you get paid for it ..or get a discount on the normal energy bill ...guess what, it worked out well for the country , germany too are applying the same process , even united kingdom too ..and as a result the main energy suppliers have reduced their prices ..because individual households are being encouraged to invest in solar panels to generate energy either directly or supplementing ..i actually believe this has led to the oil price dropped or fall .... and this will continual to fall or reduced to a normal level ...we are actually lucky in Africa where we have more sun exposure and can take the advantage of non photo electric panels which are cheaper as you rightly said ..storage is a problem ..and this is where a commonsense naija government can come help by setting equipments which can convert the excess energy into the natinal grid system ....some governments are actual paying for these converters ..its a system we call green deal where i currently live ..
many thanks for the information ..nice one bruv

Actually this is a very brilliant scheme! I think even the U.S government have some sort of solar rebates and electricity buy back amongst other schemes in which homes can choose to have grid-tie inverters that feed unused/excess solar power back to the grid and get paid, unlike how we just use regular inverters here in Nigeria.

I really wish this could be implemented in Nigeria, that would mean the government would have to subsidize the cost of the panels for the population, amongst other things having to be put in place.

It's definitely a project that should be considered in Nigeria.
Re: FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants by ooshinibos: 9:43am On Jan 07, 2015
UchihaMadara:

Actually this is a very brilliant scheme! I think even the U.S government have some sort of solar rebates and electricity buy back amongst other schemes in which homes can choose to have grid-tie inverters that feed unused/excess solar power back to the grid and get paid, unlike how we just use regular inverters here in Nigeria.

I really wish this could be implemented in Nigeria, that would mean the government would have to subsidize the cost of the panels for the population, amongst other things having to be put in place.

It's definitely a project that should be considered in Nigeria.
Thank you ..if you have access to government officers may be they will listen to you , i have friends currently in Nigeria installing solar panels for small scale companies but it appears few people are interested because its still expensive to set up for a single household and i think personally this is where we need our govt to step in to offer incentives via low taxation ..
the only governor that i know taking advantage of the solar energy is Mr Dickson of Bayelsa ..and the akwa ibom governor ..
we need to have competition in the energy market ..and without commonsense government intervention it will not happen
Have a nice day , its been great talking with you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Haulage Business / Diamond Bank Introduces *426# USSD Code For Easy Banking / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.