Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,103 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

I'm Losing Faith In Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Losing Faith In Christianity (11120 Views)

HELP! I'm Losing Faith In The Existence Of God / I Think I'm Losing My Belief / I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
I skip prayers, I don't pray at all. I've got so many doubts, I'm starting to doubt the existence of God. Is the Bible truly the word of God... So many questions.

Is there anyone out there like me?

AJ_FIVE

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by malvisguy212: 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
AjFive:
I skip prayers, I don't pray at all. I've got so many doubts, I'm starting to doubt the existence of God. Is the Bible truly the word of God... So many questions.

AJ_FIVE
you are confussed because there are soo many religion that contradict each other, read this thread and ask your question.
https://www.nairaland.com/1999485/all-religions-lead-god-one
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
you are confussed because there are soo many religion that contradict each other, read this thread and ask your question.
https://www.nairaland.com/1999485/all-religions-lead-god-one

Oh... Thanks. I'll read with time.

Uhmm, are you the one that liked my post?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Ranchhoddas: 7:37pm On Jan 05, 2015
Im like you.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 7:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
Don't lose faith in christianity.It's the only thing that won't lose faith in you.
Salvation is personal, Find GOD on your own....Talk to him.He's closer than you think.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
Im like you.

Wow. Please how do you cope?
Are you making efforts to start believing again?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 7:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
AjFive:

AJ_FIVE
you are not the first and wil not be the last." but who so looketh at the perfect law of liberty and continued there in, he being not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deeds"....James 1: Christianity is described as a 'race', and we know that in every race, the guy dat will win never quits, is d guy who refuses to be distracted, at a start , may make mistakes but doesn't quits, his mind's on the finishing line. and wining. D fact dat you've stop praying or attending church, does not mean, there's smthing wrong with you, trust me, I've been there, but today, I pastor a church. Maybe u've been disapointed by some MoG, or you had been introduced to 'other gospels' what you need to do now is to use this opportunity to seek the true gospel of Jesus. "and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free".....JESUS in Mat 8:32. Grace and Peace be multiplied on to you..... And remain blessed.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
@christemmbassey, thank you for your words. Please though I want to know something, what's keeping you moving in Christianity? How sure are you it's the right religion?

This is my biggest doubt.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 8:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
AjFive:
@christemmbassey, thank you for your words. Please though I want to know something, what's keeping you moving in Christianity? How sure are you it's the right religion?

'I sought to know God, and God said, " he that seek me shall find me...." at g point , I had to sit dawn and took a very close look at christianity and d bible. I discovered dat i was actually following other gospels and commandments of men, i had to unlearn the caricature christianity dat was forced down my throat i listened and allowed myself to be taught by d master Himself. Today I'm free and very happy. I pray the peace of God garison ur heart as you pass through this way.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 8:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
AjFive:

......... ........
The same way we are sure our mother is our mother, eventhough the only proof we have is that we were raised by our mother with unparalleled love.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Belexy95: 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
@AJFIVE,i ll advice u dnt give in,keep holding on. Actually christianity isnt a religion bt a life. Dnt practice religion,live ur life. John 1vs3, in him was life. This is what makes christianity different.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
AjFive:

don't look for religion in christianity, yes the bible contains a religion, its called 'Judaism' the religion of the Jews. Gal 1. Maybe u were practicf Judaism and thought it was christianity. Christianity is not a religion, its a new way of life dat Jesus gave us to live for God and humanity. Its simple, easy and meaningful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by malvisguy212: 8:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
AjFive:

Oh... Thanks. I'll read with time.

Uhmm, are you the one that liked my post?
no, am not in support of someone loosing his or her faith, but am happy you shere your problems here with us, this is the periods of the falling away, many will people will abandoned the truth.as we all know, the man of sin cannot dwell in a world or truth, righteousness will abound the love of many will wax cold.if you endure to the end, God will crown you in His kingdom. Thank you
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Emusan(m): 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
AjFive:

AJ_FIVE

I believe this increases the more join Nairaland so the truth of the matter is this, you're never a Christian but just Church goer.

Through out your life as a Christian, have you ever be baptized by the Holyspirit? I guess the answer will be no because if you are you will never doubt the existence of God.

"Wherefore I give you to understand, [size=14pt]that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost."[/size] 1 Corin 12:3

It's better you regain your salvation by enter into serious prayer and get delivered.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
AjFive:

AJ_FIVE

It takes an intelligent person to escape the prison walls of Yahweh. You are trying to escape,I wish you well tho.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
Belexy95:
@AJFIVE,i ll advice u dnt give in,keep holding on. Actually christianity isnt a religion bt a life. Dnt practice religion,live ur life. John 1vs3, in him was life. This is what makes christianity different.

lol a life indeed....more like a deluded lifestyle that only involves worshiping an invincible man,donating money to rich pastors. You lifestyle sucks lol

4 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 05, 2015
ifeness:

It takes an intelligent person to escape the prison walls of Yahweh. You are trying to escape,I wish you well tho.

Escape from what exactly?
I'm puzzled.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Emusan(m): 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
ifeness:

You think you're more intelligent than people who believe in God yet we see how you people display ignorance on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Emusan(m): 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
ifeness:

lol a life indeed....more like a deluded lifestyle that only involves worshiping an invincible man,donating money to rich pastors. You lifestyle sucks lol

Since you can't worship an invisible man why can't you leave the person who can alone?

Donating money to pastors is now your problem, did the person cry to your house for any assistance?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by malvisguy212: 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
Emusan:

Since you can't worship an invisible man why can't you leave the person who can alone?

Donating money to pastors is now your problem, did the person cry to your house for any assistance?
help me tell them oo, the Man is invincible but they spend almost all there time arguing about the same invincible Man.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by onetrack(m): 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
AJ
AjFive:
AJ_FIVE

There are many like you. I concluded long ago that, at the very least, the 'god' of the Bible and Quran is creation of human imagination. God asks some guy to sacrifice his own son just to show his love for god? God tells people that the only way to 'heaven' is to believe that some guy was tortured to death in order for the original sin that God gave you could be forgiven by this same God? And that the only way you know this is that somebody gave you a book and said it is the inspired word of god?

I do not believe in any god.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 9:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
onetrack:
AJ

There are many like you. I concluded long ago that, at the very least, the 'god' of the Bible and Quran is creation of human imagination. God asks some guy to sacrifice his own son just to show his love for god? God tells people that the only way to 'heaven' is to believe that some guy was tortured to death in order for the original sin that God gave you could be forgiven by this same God? And that the only way you know this is that somebody gave you a book and said it is the inspired word of god?

I do not believe in any god.
What do you believe in?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
AjFive:

AJ_FIVE
first off,I don't want you see my opinion as condescending cus im proud ATHEIST already and my view is hypothetical until proven logical by your sense of reasoning.....If my 5 senses can't sense the fact of his existence then there are NO facts....I leave that for you to do your own research cus the revolution will not be televised,The revolution is personal and its through critical thinking and researches!!! *leaves thread to go study my latest philosophy book I just got me*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by igbo2011(m): 10:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
aaronson:
first off,I don't want you see my opinion as condescending cus im proud ATHEIST already and my view is hypothetical until proven logical by your sense of reasoning.....If my 5 senses can't sense the fact of his existence then there are NO facts....I leave that for you to do your own research cus the revolution will not be televised,The revolution is personal and its through critical thinking and researches!!! *leaves thread to go study my latest philosophy book I just got me*
what other thing can your five senses not sense....
Or could it be that your five senses are only sterile when it comes to sensing GOD?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by DeevaB: 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
I will recommend these two movies 1. God's not dead (2014) 2. Left behind (2014). These two movies have helped and moved me a lot. Don't give up there is a God up there even sometimes when it seems he's not there or he can't hear. JustBelieve
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
theunusualmoon:

what other thing can your five senses not sense....
Or could it be that your five senses are only sterile when it comes to sensing GOD?
Now this is how an average christian talks/write....what is the sense in what you wrote? Face it,you too basic!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by onetrack(m): 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
theunusualmoon:

What do you believe in?

I have no religious beliefs. Life is a random event and has no purpose (actually, I give life my own purpose).

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
DeevaB:
I will recommend these two movies 1. God's not dead (2014) 2. Left behind (2014). These two movies have helped and moved me a lot. Don't give up there is a God up there even sometimes when it seems he's not there or he can't hear. JustBelieve
Honey...sorry to burst your bubble but you can't correlate movie to real life situation,This is Life...The sole reason for those movies is to make you part with your money...Think honey!!!!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
aaronson:
Now this is how an average christian talks/write....what is the sense in what you wrote? Face it,you too basic!!!!!!
You said your 5 senses cannot detect or sense GOD and I am trying to let you know that there are so many things out there that your 5 senses cannot sense yet you believe and have faith in them. Aren't you aware of this?

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 10:36pm On Jan 05, 2015
hehehehehehehe grabs a bucket of pop corn with holandia yoghout and watch comments that will soon culminate into arguement... atheists encourage and christians almost begging lol... Deeby said "sometimes it seems he is not there but just believe" lol seems convenient enough... Most y'all here are agnostic christians tho... keeps watching grin

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 10:36pm On Jan 05, 2015
onetrack:

I have no religious beliefs. Life is a random event and has no purpose (actually, I give life my own purpose).
Are you sure earth came about randomly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School Manual(23/07/2017) Rapture: Purpose And Qualification / What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? / What Is Your Understanding Of Sabbath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.