Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. (36053 Views)

Governor Ayade's Wife, Linda Drives Him To Construction Site. Photos / Omoyele Sowore Blasts Linda Ikeji: "She Is Returning The Favour To The Police" / Okupe’s Lawyer Writes Linda Ikeji, Demands Immediate Apology. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by ernieboy(m): 9:30am On Jan 06, 2015
SiriusBlack:
Though I have never been a visitor to the famed entertainment blog, I feel compelled to write this article with the hope that it gets to the all individuals concerned.

The Nigerian Army has been actively engaged against the Boko Haram terror group for close to 6 years now. What started out as military operations to flush out sleeper cells operating in State capitals in the N.E has now become a full blown semi-conventional war. Though misinformation through media channels like SaharaReporters has led to dampened morale among civilians as to the true happennings in the N.E, the military has battled on, despite the numerous challenges. I must confess, massive changes are going on in the Nigerian Army..The years of rot caused by military rule is still problem; both in terms of equipment and professionalism.

The purpose of which I am writing this "e-letter" is to address the unruly invasion of military personnel's activities online by the LIB. Today, the Twitter handle of a soldier serving in the N.E was publicly displayed for all and sundry.

Not only will this definitely lead on an unfortunate Court-Martial for this young man, it is a disrespectful and unfortunate use of the media to make cheap political points.

The soldier involved, due to the LIB's irresponsible attitude will have to deal with serious career consequences, among which is a possible court-martial.

I, personally, have a thread on this forum dedicated to the Officers and men of the N.A serving on the frontlines, I had to discontinue the thread out of concern for my personal safety bearing in mind the consequences it might hold for my job. Pasting a soldier's comments on twitter along with his full picture, was not only callous, but highly irresponsible.

Never again should the blog attempt to make cheap news out of sincere complaints by soldiers serving in the conflict zones, As this will not only put them at risk of Military Law, but will discourage personal level interactions between military personnel. The blog should stick to what it does best; "Celebrity" worship.

The real celebs are in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.

SiriusBlack.
op are u that daft and ignorant
Do you know what twitter is? Who posted the said comments on twitter? Is it not the soldier himself?

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by rileest: 9:30am On Jan 06, 2015
Been a while I read a post as useless and baseless as this. The soldier complaining on twitter knew what he was doing, he wanted the new to get out about what they were facing, he needed a platform to get It all out which twitter provided and LIB actually even helped him to get his words out to a wider audience so, the soldier eventually got what he wanted.

LIB broadcasting the tweet is well beneficial to the citizens so that we know actually what these boys are facing out there not all the sh*t and propaganda lies one Olukolade wanted us to believe.. If you actually read the tweets, you'd know this soldier wanted everyone to get the gist which LIB helped achieve

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Rhozabeth(m): 9:30am On Jan 06, 2015
I am in total support of the Nigerian army nd I am a fan of LIB! Seriously I don't see the wrong that LIB has done in posting the news. The soldier should have known better than to post his real name and real pic on a social media network bearing in mind the consequences of his action. I don't know what Mr SiriusB expect LIB to do after seeing the story, ignore it, water it down, twist the story or what? LIB has rights to do what she did because it is news to us!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Kolade354(m): 9:31am On Jan 06, 2015
LordMecuzy:

Seems u are Really New on Nairaland.
am new enough to know that baga town has been captured by boko haram.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by An0nimus: 9:32am On Jan 06, 2015
Josh1000:
Is it wrong for a Nigerian soldier to be on Twitter?

soldiers too should have some freedom

It is not to the best of my knowledge but its never wise to bad mouth your work place/boss in public or reveal company secrets. There are consequences attached if one is busted, this is not peculiar to just the military.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Kolade354(m): 9:33am On Jan 06, 2015
LordMecuzy:

Seems u are Really New on Nairaland.
i deliberately quote him cos his post is baseless and irritiating.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 06, 2015
berem:
Linda Ikeji is not on nairaland,even if she is,she might not see your post. Kindly send her an email through her blog to lay your complaints.
who the freaking hell told you she doesn't read nairaland. Shallow conclusion without facts.

You need to stick to your APShit campaigns and cheap blackmail.

I do not subscribe to the cheap staunts of using the lapse presently hitting our military to drag traffic and make unnecessary inciting statement that might trigger unrest. If it happens we all will pay dearly for it.

I also want to use this medium to appeal to the youths not to subscribe to the cheap brown envelope sharing campaigns and aggressive rally being carried out by the APShit. Vote wisely, they are coming to us for votes when we all know we won't see them anymore except on newspaper and television. We need to take the election serious, we don't want chameleons. We want leaders that will serve with it's citizens welfare not at the back of his mind but at the front, left, right and centre.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by obailala(m): 9:36am On Jan 06, 2015
SiriusBlack:
Though I have never been a visitor to the famed entertainment blog, I feel compelled to write this article with the hope that it gets to the all individuals concerned.

The Nigerian Army has been actively engaged against the Boko Haram terror group for close to 6 years now. What started out as military operations to flush out sleeper cells operating in State capitals in the N.E has now become a full blown semi-conventional war. Though misinformation through media channels like SaharaReporters has led to dampened morale among civilians as to the true happennings in the N.E, the military has battled on, despite the numerous challenges. I must confess, massive changes are going on in the Nigerian Army..The years of rot caused by military rule is still problem; both in terms of equipment and professionalism.

The purpose of which I am writing this "e-letter" is to address the unruly invasion of military personnel's activities online by the LIB. Today, the Twitter handle of a soldier serving in the N.E was publicly displayed for all and sundry.

Not only will this definitely lead on an unfortunate Court-Martial for this young man, it is a disrespectful and unfortunate use of the media to make cheap political points.

The soldier involved, due to the LIB's irresponsible attitude will have to deal with serious career consequences, among which is a possible court-martial.

I, personally, have a thread on this forum dedicated to the Officers and men of the N.A serving on the frontlines, I had to discontinue the thread out of concern for my personal safety bearing in mind the consequences it might hold for my job. Pasting a soldier's comments on twitter along with his full picture, was not only callous, but highly irresponsible.

Never again should the blog attempt to make cheap news out of sincere complaints by soldiers serving in the conflict zones, As this will not only put them at risk of Military Law, but will discourage personal level interactions between military personnel. The blog should stick to what it does best; "Celebrity" worship.

The real celebs are in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.

SiriusBlack.
@ SiriusBlack
I totally disagree with you on this!

The reason why the soldier went public with hus complaints was because he wanted his voice to be heard; LIB just helped him to achieve that.

I'm sure the said soldier knows too well the consequences of his actions even more than you do but being fed up with the insensitivity of Army authorities and the government towards soldier welfare, he couldnt be bothered about the consequences anymore.

Resigning from the military isnt easy, there are a lot of soldiers today in the north east who wish to be courtmarshalled and dismissed peacefully instead of being killed when battling with bokoharam with no bullets.

Blaming LIB for amplifying the voice of the soldier is like blaming Channels TV or AIT for broadcasting the protests of angry pensioners. These protests are done with a view to attract public attention and linda ikeji simply did the soldier a favour... Besides, that might not even be the soldier's real picture or name.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Paitty(f): 9:38am On Jan 06, 2015
A word to the wise is enough
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by sorextee(m): 9:38am On Jan 06, 2015
I smell APC hand inside d matter. I don't see why a soldier will use his pix and post such. If really hes a soldier, then he's brave, to face what might come to him.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Demdem(m): 9:38am On Jan 06, 2015
homesteady:

You this pathetic Idiiot! you want to start lying this early morning again? undecided

Eternal fool, are u blind to see the goons comment or u are daft to decode what he was implying......

Misogynist2014:
You hate her blog because he's a woman, right?

If I should descend on u now, u will now calling on the mods to rescue u again. What a pusssy.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Okd1: 9:39am On Jan 06, 2015
Gejfreesupport:
@Op I can't see any sense in your post..

A solider used a publicly accessible twitter to make sensitive comments and u blaming a blogger for using the microblogging platform to echo the comments..

You must be completely nuts and have no idea of what you are talking about..

If you ever had a brain. You won't be posting this in the politics section when there is a contact for on LIB..

More grease to our gallant solders

I now know you are crazy yourself. his complaints is all about Linda putting the army dude pic . read an understand before bashing someone.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 06, 2015
& why shuld a soldier keep mute over inadequacies as a result of a corrupt system?
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Reptyle(m): 9:43am On Jan 06, 2015
Oga Sirius, thank you for the sacrifices of you and your colleagues in the war against Boko Haram.

In this case however, I am afraid the blogger did no wrong by publishing the soldier's view which he had aired on a public medium.

Sadly, he put himself out there.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Demdem(m): 9:43am On Jan 06, 2015
Seenyo:
& why shuld a soldier keep mute over inadequacies as a result of a corrupt system?

No one is asking u to keep mute but at least u can conceal ur identity before doing such. Nothing wrong in that.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Homguy(m): 9:46am On Jan 06, 2015
hedonistic:

You still don't have any point. In case you did not know, Twitter is a social media platform, which means that "personal opinions" expressed on this medium are anything but "personal". Linda Ikeji or any other blogger for that matter has the right to report any tweet she considers interesting or newsworthy.

The stupid soldier must face the consequences of his indiscretion. You don't come out on social media with your full identity to rant and whine like a pu**y and then expect bloggers to cover your cowardly Ass. If he went against military laws and norms and committed treasonable acts by complaining against the authorities in public (because twitter is actually PUBLIC), then that is entirely his cross to carry. Leave Linda Ikeji or any other blogger out of it. They are not conventional print media; they are bloggers, and they are only doing their lawful job.
its either you have a crush on Linda ikeji ,you are a bloody blogger, you are a worker for LIB, or nothing else.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Pangea: 9:48am On Jan 06, 2015
Rhozabeth:
I am in total support of the Nigerian army nd I am a fan of LIB! Seriously I don't see the wrong that LIB has done in posting the news. The soldier should have known better than to post his real name and real pic on a social media network bearing in mind the consequences of his action. I don't know what Mr SiriusB expect LIB to do after seeing the story, ignore it, water it down, twist the story or what? LIB has rights to do what she did because it is news to us!

Yeah!
Unfortunately , he forgot to post incognito!
Anyway , if he had, no one would have believed him!
(The soldier, I mean)

@ Siriusblack
Glad you are well and still kicking a.rse!

Back to the topic,
All these bloggers are amebos!
She should have used her commonsense to blur out the face of the soldier, since she always blur exposed bre.asts and gen.italia on the pictures she posts.
I have always consider her a reckless girl whose eyes is only the money she can make out of others people's bad news!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by jingh(f): 9:48am On Jan 06, 2015
uzolexis:

Now that the soldier decided not to "keep shut" why r u guys blaming Linda 4 helping him spread d news??
she shouldn't Ve put the picture
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by April4th(m): 9:54am On Jan 06, 2015
SiriusBlack:
Mr Gej support.
I don't normally reply insults, but ill reply urs. Under Military Law, dissident comments made against the State are treasonable offences. Negative comments made against a superior, is a Court-Martial offence..The soldier,in question broke these laws..Instead of keeping his personal opinions secret, the blog invaded is twitter handle and now, I can assure you, he is in a lot of mess already. Next time, read posts before typing out of impulse..I won't insult you..If you think I'm without a brain, as you so happily pointed out, then that's left to you.
Thank you.
nice response brother,I don't understand y most NL cannot reply a post maturely without hurling insults at poster.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by cabobongi(m): 9:55am On Jan 06, 2015
LIB take your time ooooo leave our soldiers alone to face there warrant
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by adeyemik: 9:56am On Jan 06, 2015
Hello General SiriusBlack,

Good to know that you're doing well and in good health. I sincerely miss you, your honest opinion and happenings on the front line.

General, I feel your pain especially the likely consequence that the gallant soldiers on the front line may face due to the irresponsible and unprofessional act of Linda Ikeji. She is nothing but a cheap fame seeker, a disgrace to all honest bloggers all over the world.

Linda Ikeji, don't take your cheap blog reporting to the evil or forbidden forest, take it off and away from our gallant soldiers who are sacrificing their lives and paying the supreme price for the peace and unity of this nation. Concentrate on all your low life celebrities and gossips, leave the soldiers alone, leave the soldiers alone.

I sincerely pray and hope that the military high command will not take any punitive action(s) on these gallant soldiers.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by ekeneidiagbor: 10:15am On Jan 06, 2015
If u read d post u shud actually understand SirusBlack's position,..

It seems the soldiers post did not actually go viral until it got to Linda's blog... One thing is certain the military has always and will continue to carry our covert operations ... If u notice SirusBlack tried to address the issue of the unruly invasion of LIBers into military business.... As SirusBlack pointed out this costly mistake by both parties may lead to an inevitable Court Martial for the soldier...

LIB shuld simply take correction and understand that not every issue is gist/news for social media..
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Mannylex(m): 10:15am On Jan 06, 2015
Good one Op. I hope they listen. Its so annoying how the media tends to put the life and career of dedicated soldiers who have been frustrated due to the insensitivity of the government, just to score point...

Meanwhile, If you Love INNOVATION, DISTINCTION and FIDELITY, you will Love this. Click and like this facebook page https://facebook.com/KioskPremium?_rdr benefits accrue to the first 200 likes
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by LordReed(m): 10:15am On Jan 06, 2015
Collynzo9:
So when the soldier was making complaints in a publicly accessible Twitter account, he didn't know that it will go viral?
What exactly was his plan? I don't understand.

Exactly. I wonder how people make public statements and turn round to say why are you quoting me? If I quoted your private communication you have a case, if public sharrap ya mouth.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Misogynist2014(m): 10:17am On Jan 06, 2015
VickyyB:

You again grin
Yes.
Demdem:

Eternal fool, are u blind to see the goons comment or u are daft to decode what he was implying......

If I should descend on u now, u will now calling on the mods to rescue u again. What a pusssy.
Never you in your entire miserable life equate me with that disgusting word, püssy.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Demdem(m): 10:19am On Jan 06, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Yes.
Never you in your entire miserable life equate me with that disgusting word, püssy.

Fool, the pusssy knows himself. It wasn't directed at u. Even if it was directed at u, there is nothing ur pathetic self can do about it.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by EnoImoh1(m): 10:22am On Jan 06, 2015
sirius black or what ever you call yourself

Who Sent you?

i need an urgent answer from you.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 06, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Yes.
Pússy tongue
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by gogodaye(m): 10:24am On Jan 06, 2015
It is damn amazing how the bulk of the kids who enlisted in the army simply to assuage their quest for a job, more particularly, the post NA/2012 sets ....Now that they have a task at hand are the ones we find deserting, complaining about everything the army represents..........
The same folks who too readily throw caution to the winds, exude a high level of indiscipline out of the cowardice they are made of....Whilst they are busy complaining the few amongst them who did not enlist just to assuage their quest to get out of the unemployment market and putting all their best to rid the nation of BH pest. It is the same weapons abandoned by our tweeting cowardly boy soldiers that the BH guys are deploying in pillaging the communities and homesteads every day.....I pray he gets the best out of the consequences occasioned by his tweets.....................
We have heard his whinnyings....
we need to rid our military of these folks....revert back to merit in filling up vacancies......
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by gogodaye(m): 10:28am On Jan 06, 2015
Pangea:

Yeah!
Unfortunately , he forgot to post incognito!
Anyway , if he had, no one would have believed him!
(The soldier, I mean)

@ Siriusblack
Glad you are well and still kicking a.rse!

Back to the topic,
All these bloggers are amebos!
She should have used her commonsense to blur out the face of the soldier, since she always blur exposed bre.asts and gen.italia on the pictures she posts.
I have always consider her a reckless girl whose eyes is only the money she can make out of others people's bad news!

WOMEN TO APPLY COMMON SENSE? THAT IS NIGH IMPOSSIBLE.....WITH THEIR EGOCENTRIC PERCEPTION OF ISSUES.......

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by homesteady(m): 10:29am On Jan 06, 2015
Demdem:

Descend on me? By repeating the same boring shiit in all your replies? Bitch Please!

Why would a sane person hate such a hard working person like Linda? Just this December alone, the number of people she has put smiles on their faces, you will never be able to achieve such in this your miserable life and your next 50 lives!
You should have joined the scramble for her cash gifts, so that you would be able to buy that Your phantom 'lappy' and her blackberry gifts, so that can get access to youtube videos! Then you'll watch that Anaconda video I posted for you, to wankk yourself to death!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Plot By 2 Governors, 1 Ex-Governor To Destabilise North Uncovered / Gunmen Invade Kukah’s Church, Kidnap Priests, Others / Five States To Get ₦148 Billion Reimbursement For Repairing Federal Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.