Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. (36056 Views)

Governor Ayade's Wife, Linda Drives Him To Construction Site. Photos / Omoyele Sowore Blasts Linda Ikeji: "She Is Returning The Favour To The Police" / Okupe’s Lawyer Writes Linda Ikeji, Demands Immediate Apology. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by lastpage: 3:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
adeyemik:

Thanks,

Two wrong does not make a right. I do acknowledged that the soldier erred and now at risk of death. You see professional journalist and news blogger knows how to reveal or publish their news without revealing their source or sources. A news blogger should learn how to hid the identity of sensitive news source because of the type of country that we are in.

My friend, if you have witness military torture once or gone through it, you will prefer to be shot straight on the head. In military torture you see death before dying. It is a no mercy session.

I am sure the soldier's outburst was triggered by what he sees happening within and around him that he can't but speak out. Look there have been twitter messages by soldiers on the frontline that criticized the way the NE war was been managed and went undetected by the military social media snipper dogs, so the posibility that this twit might have eluded the snipper dog as highly posible as well. But no thanks to LIB, this one went viral.

Linda need to take up a lesson on how to conceal the identity of her news source.

Having agreed that the Soldier lacks discretion, l think Linda is no different from some Journalist and News houses l have seen.
On so many occasions, l have seen supposedly "unnamed sources" who want to remain unidentified in foreign interviews by major western media, being "GIVEN OUT" by the aired programs on TV.

The Journalist/Reporter/Blogger at times, deliberately show the "surroundings and other things" which makes positive identification of the source very easy!... while concealing just the face. At times, they show special marks like "body tatoos", street names, Public clock (to lock-in the time), sounds (like that of a passing train and show the train as well)... in such a manner that it is easy for those the "source" is trying to avoid, to identify and track their source.

In my own opinion, l think these "Journalists/Reporters/Bloggers" are CLOSET SPYS for the security agencies and they are deliberately "leaving clues and informations" to allow their principal to trace their "source" .

People should just watch their back... you cant trust anyone who "spreads news" for a financial benefit!

Lastpage!
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by captainjoh(m): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
celeron40:
The soldier was an ignorant mumu..no doubt. But, LIB should know better.
watch ur comment, don't get involve if u can't think.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by celeron40(m): 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
captainjoh:
watch ur comment, don't get involve if u can't think.
Who are you? Who is your father? Was I adressing you? Don't let me descend on you o..just shut up and stay where you are..
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by ellechrystal(f): 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2015
faheezakin:
Sorry o but u are a goat for saying stuff like dis
Sorry o.but u r a foolish idiot 4 calling me a goat.. a very big slowpoke n above all an E-Unclassified animal.
Please next tym u feel u should comment or quote anyone make sure not to reveal ur manner less attitude in public.
Rude dog

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
Just an avenue for Linda Ikeji's haters to spew trash. In plain language: the soldier is silly. In clear terms: Linda Ikeji banked on the soldier's stupidity. Blogging is about pulling traffic. Anything on Twitter is already public. If Linda hadn't amplified it, someone else would have. Let the young lady get some peace please. #team LI.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Gejfreesupport: 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
DonaldGenes:

You obviously negate the ideation of the message content and attack the Op rather..That was bad my brother.... We must learn to be mature in character (On/Off) and otherwise

Thanks cry

I hope that makes you sleep at night... cheesy
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Gejfreesupport: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
Okd1:

I now know you are crazy yourself. his complaints is all about Linda putting the army dude pic . read an understand before bashing someone.

Get a freaking life.. cheesy
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Gejfreesupport: 6:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
ObiOkpor:

You piss me off with your comment.
He fought day and night so that you and i can have PEACE,this is all what you can post.
You need medics.

You are a sanctimonious tool!

Have you ever in your entire life bothered to read the terms of Twitter and it works?

Please get a life!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Dunamiz(m): 7:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
Before opening this post I thought it was worth reading. Never knew I would jux end up wasting my m.b on this funny post.
Mr SiriusBlack, Social Media is a public platform. Blaming Linda for posting the Military personnels tweets on her blog is just lyk blaming Nairaland for putting your post on Front page.
#nobody_cares_about_ur_opinion
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by captainjoh(m): 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
celeron40:
Who are you? Who is your father? Was I adressing you? Don't let me descend on you o..just shut up and stay where you are..
Hmm, ka na de torin kai ma. I will only advice u keep the insults away and make ur comments. U can call a personal mumu Abi?
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by celeron40(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2015
captainjoh:
Hmm, ka na de torin kai ma. I will only advice u keep the insults away and make ur comments. U can call a personal mumu Abi?
What the soldier did was stupid..that is the fact..why will he put such on internet? Is that not stupid? Or we shud not talk because he is a soldier.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2015
SiriusBlack:
Mr Gej support.
I don't normally reply insults, but ill reply urs. Under Military Law, dissident comments made against the State are treasonable offences. Negative comments made against a superior, is a Court-Martial offence..The soldier,in question broke these laws..Instead of keeping his personal opinions secret, the blog invaded is twitter handle and now, I can assure you, he is in a lot of mess already. Next time, read posts before typing out of impulse..I won't insult you..If you think I'm without a brain, as you so happily pointed out, then that's left to you.
Thank you.
I don't think you understand what you are talking about. A soldier put information in a public domain, and you blame somebody else for making it go viral. When Sam Obafaye or whatever he's called postulated 'My Oga At The Top' mantra, did you blame the Tv. station that aired it? If you don't want others to hear what you say, it's better you never said it. You used 'invasion'; frm my understanding, that is supposed to mean obtaining access without authorization. Now, my question is: was twitter hacked before the said comment was obtained? Are information read on twitter classified documents? I love to hate a write up that doesn't appeal to logic. Thanks.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by maclatunji: 12:03am On Jan 07, 2015
berem:
Linda Ikeji is not on nairaland,even if she is,she might not see your post. Kindly send her an email through her blog to lay your complaints.

I don't believe this. I believe I know her handle.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by flyingdutchman(m): 12:09am On Jan 07, 2015
flyingdutchman:
SIRIUSBLACK, YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS! TWITTER IS FOR THE PUBLIC. WHY PUT PERSONAL INFO ON TWITTER YOU HAVE NO CASE. #WE ARE NOT STUPID
My hash tag said 'Nigerians are not stupid' oo! If a mod must edit, it shouldn't be a shoddy job capable of losing its original meaning.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by ril19(m): 5:38am On Jan 07, 2015
Linda has been going up by bringing other people down, every one knows this.

If that young soldier is court martialed and dismissed from service, ANONYMOUS will hunt LI down.

Be thy questioned if LI gets any scratch on her skin. "anonymous" shall then be you.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by captainjoh(m): 7:53am On Jan 07, 2015
celeron40:
What the soldier did was stupid..that is the fact..why will he put such on internet? Is that not stupid? Or we shud not talk because he is a soldier.
what he did was uncivilized, but calling him mumu, haba! from observation I can only understand why he did it base on what they are facing over there. I guess he never knew it will get off his own page he would have been more discreet
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by ObiOkpor(m): 10:10am On Jan 07, 2015
captainjoh:
what he did was uncivilized, but calling him mumu, haba! from observation I can only understand why he did it base on what they are facing over there. I guess he never knew it will get off his own page he would have been more discreet
Sorry to quote you.
Your moniker sounds familiar?
Are you serving?
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by celeron40(m): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2015
captainjoh:
Relax bro, "mumu" is just a pidgin word for "stupid"...datsall.. What smart soldier will put his career on the line on a sit like twitter, with blogger hawks like Linda prowling around? This is the second time LIB is doing this..the first time, she pasted one "Fahat Fahat" 's FB post on her site..The Fahat dude too is a soldier..Soldiers should be smarter than that..they can't sue her anyway.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Nnelovey(f): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
Mr poster let me first say I'm no fan of Linda but your grievances should be directed at that soldier why did I say so. I want to believe that there is no more discretion in the army if I could give you access to my Facebook account you will see what your fellow army officers are posting to an extent I asked one are you really a soldier? and if he is does he know the present situation that will warrant posing here and there with guns and even talking about what they are presently doing at Maiduguri. I'm sorry to say you have nothing to write about. Presently one soldier wrote that he is in the guard room if I decide to share that statement to other social network I'm I wrong. Call all those army officers to order and leave a young lady who is trying to earn a living. If she stops blogging will anyone give her job?
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Xano(m): 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
SiriusBlack:
Mr Gej support.
I don't normally reply insults, but ill reply urs. Under Military Law, dissident comments made against the State are treasonable offences. Negative comments made against a superior, is a Court-Martial offence..The soldier,in question broke these laws..Instead of keeping his personal opinions secret, the blog invaded is twitter handle and now, I can assure you, he is in a lot of mess already. Next time, read posts before typing out of impulse..I won't insult you..If you think I'm without a brain, as you so happily pointed out, then that's left to you.
Thank you.

Thank you. There are immature and unfortunate posts. I don't read her blog. She's interested in making money at the expense of those it will pain. A tit-for-tat may be good.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by chukkystar(m): 8:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
berem:
Linda Ikeji is not on nairaland,even if she is,she might not see your post. Kindly send her an email through her blog to lay your complaints.
idiot
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by deramarks(f): 11:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
I neva liked her tho *no offence. Her money and influence. I just didn't like any of it. Neida do I visit her "blog" site
SiriusBlack:
Though I have never been a visitor to the famed entertainment blog, I feel compelled to write this article with the hope that it gets to the all individuals concerned.

The Nigerian Army has been actively engaged against the Boko Haram terror group for close to 6 years now. What st arted out as military operations to flush out sleeper cells operating in State capitals in the N.E has now become a full blown semi-conventional war. Though misinformation through media channels like SaharaReporters has led to dampened morale among civilians as to the true happennings in the N.E, the military has battled on, despite the numerous challenges. I must confess, massive changes are going on in the Nigerian Army..The years of rot caused by military rule is still problem; both in terms of equipment and professionalism.

The purpose of which I am writing this "e-letter" is to address the unruly invasion of military personnel's activities online by the LIB. Today, the Twitter handle of a soldier serving in the N.E was publicly displayed for all and sundry.

Not only will this definitely lead on an unfortunate Court-Martial for this young man, it is a disrespectful and unfortunate use of the media to make cheap political points.

The soldier involved, due to the LIB's irresponsible attitude will have to deal with serious career consequences, among which is a possible court-martial.

I, personally, have a thread on this forum dedicated to the Officers and men of the N.A serving on the frontlines, I had to discontinue the thread out of concern for my personal safety bearing in mind the consequences it might hold for my job. Pasting a soldier's comments on twitter along with his full picture, was not only callous, but highly irresponsible.

Never again should the blog attempt to make cheap news out of sincere complaints by soldiers serving in the conflict zones, As this will not only put them at risk of Military Law, but will discourage personal level interactions between military personnel. The blog should stick to what it does best; "Celebrity" worship.

The real celebs are in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.

SiriusBlack.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Dasuki Reading Newspaper In Court / Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency / NBA Conference: People Can’t Give What They Don’t Have – Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.