Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun (25588 Views)

Tinubu Did Not Assist Me Into Becoming APC National Chairman – Oyegun / WAEC Confirms Andy Uba Forged Secondary School Certificate - Sahara Reporters / Buhari’s Certificate, APC And Unanswered Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Bitterleafsoup: 11:45am On Jan 06, 2015
APC is laughing at Nigerians because they think we are kidding...
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, John Oyegun, has described as laughable, the raging controversy that the party’s presidential flag bearer, Muhammed Buhari, does not have a school certificate.

In an exclusive interview with PREMIUM TIMES Monday, Mr. Oyegun said the matter should not even be discussed as it shows how petty the nation’s politics has become.

“I would like to quote (Olusegun Obasanjo) who said, ‘I dey laugh’, to answer your question because it is laughable that it should even be an issue of discussion,” Mr. Oyegun said in response to questions on Mr. Buhari’s certificate controversy.

“You know the military and you know how they progress from one rank to the other and the several training courses they have to go through in some of the best institutions in the world.
“Even if somebody said he didn’t have Standard Six Certificate, he rose through the ranks, through qualifying examinations to become what he was in this country.”

The APC chairman said that questioning Mr. Buhari’s educational qualification after he had served as Nigeria’s Head of State showed how unserious and petty politics has been reduced to in the country.

Reminded that the law has stipulated the minimum educational qualification for those seeking elective positions in the country, the APC chairman responded in the affirmative.

He, however, noted that the law not only stipulated the minimum qualification but also provide for the equivalent of such qualifications to be tendered.

Having attended courses in some of the best institutions in the world and obtained relevant certificates, Mr. Oyegun argued that Nigerians should not be raising dust over the educational qualification of the party’s presidential candidate.

“The law does not only stipulate the minimum qualification but also says its equivalent. So what is all the bother about? What is it all about? The man went to school. He went to secondary school and that is clear and there is no question at all about that,” Mr. Oyegun said.

“The fact is that it is so childish. Of all the important things they should be talking about is it the certificate they should be talking about now.

“You journalists should talk of ideology and what the political parties have for the country. Why talk about a bloody certificate for a General who has also been the Head of State? For Christ’s sake, let us be serious. It is so petty and makes me think we are not serious at all.”

Mr. Oyegun did not, however, categorically state the specific qualification of the retired general.
Reacting to the controversial video where fiery Catholic priest, Father Ejike Mbaka, lampooned President Goodluck Jonathan, during New Year vigil at the Adoration Ministry, Enugu, the APC chairman said the priest was right in attacking the president.

Mr. Oyegun wondered why the authorities did not complain when another clergyman from a popular Pentecostal church uploaded a sermon laced with gory pictures which linked the APC with the Boko Haram insurgents.

He, however, commended the leadership of the Pentecostal church for coming out to strongly condemn its pastor, who uploaded the offensive sermon and video.

He said, “This is the first time that somebody from a credible religious field has given argued reasons; not based on sentiment, emotion, religion and ethnic colouration. Father Mbaka argued with reasons on why people should not vote for the president that has failed to perform.

“Mbaka is a properly ordained minister of the gospel and he gave all the possible reasons. He even said things I never thought about before now – that here you are in a nation and you have this man as president and corruption has become a style of governance.

“The linkages I did not think about, is that the president has destructive influence. What happened to his former boss, President Yar’Adua, and the governor of his state are uncanny and I have not for a second thought that the president had anything to do with any of these. But it is just uncanny.”

Under Mr. Jonathan’s watch, the APC chairman said the nation’s economy has nose-dived, and allocations to state governments have gone down by almost 50 percent.

According to him, a third of Nigeria’s oil is being stolen while the PDP government continued to drag the country through misrule, poverty and impunity.

“I totally agree with Father Mbaka. If didn’t agree with him, I wouldn’t have joined others to work so hard to bring about the APC,” Mr. Oyegun said.

When reminded that the same priest had in November praised, prayed for and endorsed Mr. Jonathan, the APC chieftain referred to the biblical story of St. Paul who earlier persecuted Christians but later had an encounter with Jesus and became one of the greatest apostles.

He said, “Let me quote the Bible for you. One day, Saul was persecuting Christians, the next day, he had an encounter with Christ, and the day after, he was being prosecuted because was one of the greatest preachers of the Christian faith.

“This man, Mbaka said look, ‘I supported the president’. He didn’t hide it. He said he supported the president. He said he brought doves and wanted them to fly, they refused to fly. He said he tried to cajole them to fly but they still refused until the Spirit told him to stop.

“The Holy Ghost told him to forget what he was trying to do. It was like a messenger that has now been sent to tell him that all the things he had been doing were wrong – this is no longer his time, my people are suffering, my people are dying. Whatever it was that opened his (Mbaka) eyes, God is using him to as an instrument. For a man to be ready to swallow his pride, having done something that you describe a month earlier – for him to have agreed to swallow his pride and come out the way he did, for a man to be ready to offend a president in office, whose wife he anointed a month before, takes the ultimate courage.

“All he said is that we all supported this man (president. He said he personally supported him up till one month ago. But he has now seen that this president’s six years in office has brought nothing but pain, blood, misfortune and disaster to this nation.

“The Spirit has told him that this cannot go on and that there is need for change. That is the genesis of the whole thing.”

The APC leader however rejected a prediction by the founder of the Evangelical Church of Yaweh, Theophilus Olabayo, that APC will lose Lagos in the next governorship elections.

“But how can we lose Lagos or even think of Rivers State. It is not even thinkable. If you ask me what I think I will tell you that we are going to win in Lagos, we are going to win in Rivers,” he said. “In the South-south, we are going to so totally blunt the PDP. We are not only going to win Lagos, we are going to win Akwa Ibom which is the next most populous state within the riverine area where people vote vote 99.9 percent. Edo State is already with us and even Delta may fall for us. There is no way we will not win the election, Olabayo or no Olabayo.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/174319-laughable-claim-buhari-no-school-certificate-apc-chairman-oyegun.html

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 06, 2015
It's not too late for him to show it then. Please help us talk to him to show even the photocopy. God bless President GEJ.

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Trut(m): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2015
#BuhariShowYourCertificate

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by ShowYourCertificate: 11:57am On Jan 06, 2015
These APC guys don't know the seriousness of this allegations against their flag bearer. If they don't do the needful then they are in for it.

#BuhariShowYourCertificate and end this controversy once and for all.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Beesluv: 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hmmm
Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Cooladex(m): 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
#GMB2015 Still.....even wt no #PrySchCert..

34 Likes

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
NairalandOP:
These APC guys don't know the seriousness of this allegations against their flag bearer. If they don't do the needful then they are in for it.

#BuhariShowYourCertificate and end this controversy once and for all.

he will not show you his certificate, he will be on the ballot paper and what are you going to do about it?

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by herald9: 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
Buhari will be like:

"ARE YOU GONNA VOTE FOR ME...IF I SHOW YOU MY CERTIFICATES "grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by BasseyJ(m): 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
So he has it, why then is bringing it out and presenting them to INEC becoming an issue?? na wa o. Just making a Mountain out of a plain floor.
#GEJ till 2019

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by davdandam(m): 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
Wait o is it that difficult to present your belongings?you spent almost all your years gathering them and to bring em out you dey talk story. ....seriously I'm tired of all these press releases, show us the certificate or withdraw simple. Quote me and show you are blinded by ethnicity, religion and political brouhaha grin

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by hazyfm: 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
REALLY LAUGHABLE

3 Likes

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by elantraceey(f): 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
smh

I once said they made a wrong decision for making Buhari their flag bearer against Jonathan it sounded like a joke , now let's watch out who laughs lasts .

It just pains me that Nigeria will suffer four years in the hands of president Jonathan just because other parties couldn't bring up a competent adversary.

37 Likes

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by hazyfm: 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
myhoodlink:
It's not too late for him to show it then. Please help us talk to him to show even the photocopy. God bless President GEJ.

MUST U ALWAYS POST TRASH

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by toluxa1(m): 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
It is indeed laughable. That's why we hav all been laughing. He should sha provide it,.

23 Likes

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by ShowYourCertificate: 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
Aigipan:

he will not show you his certificate, he will be on the ballot paper and what are you going to do about it?
It won't be laughable when Buhari eventually loses the election based on his loss of credibility (from this certificate brouhaha)

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Adesam09(m): 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
hmmm....
Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Mayor21(m): 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
Buhari sef

2 Likes

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
ok
Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Ovie56(m): 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
[size=20pt]just show us the fvcking certificate so we can join you in laughing

Or present it to Inec shikena[/size]

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by fpeter(f): 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
simple facts and proof would shame doubters so APC do the needful.

14 Likes

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Jwonder(m): 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
So una still neva see the certificate wey una dey look for.. CHISOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E b lyk say Buhari no get Certificate tru tru ooh!!!
And why has Tifnubu(Mr Toronto) not said anything about this certificate issue naa!!!!

CHISOS!!!!!!!

So buhari is truly an *look left, looks right*

[size=18pt] Illiterate!!!!!!!!![/size]

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by makhez019(m): 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
Den buhari shld provide one, let's see.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by hazyfm: 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
BasseyJ:
b

B FOR BASSEY

1 Like

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by onwai1(m): 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
#BUHARISHOWUSYOURCERTIFICCATE

18 Likes

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by AKMoney1(m): 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
Still on this issue? Na wa ooo
Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
NairalandOP:
It won't be laughable when Buhari eventually loses the election based on his loss of credibility (from this certificate brouhaha)

You did not answer my question.

I said his name will be on the ballot, so what are you going to do about it?

9 Likes

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by diasporaman(m): 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
Don't they give certificate in Almajiri school?

I need an answer please

14 Likes

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by nosagold(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
Buhari baba! Listen to my new track featuring Buhari the general!
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f8b4e2b2
Downlad and share

1 Like

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by Jostico: 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
what is laughable there
Hin finish secoundary school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by BasseyJ(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
hazyfm:

B FOR BASSEY
loolz, you don stylishly book your space too o. mine has been modified sha wink
Re: It’s Laughable To Claim Buhari Has No School Certificate – APC Chairman, Oyegun by mormoni(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
My contributions are:
1) Praying for GMB
2) Voting for GMB

This certificate stuff is just a mere allegation.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JEGA Speaks, Says There Are ‘still A Few Security Concerns’ Ahead Of Elections / Jibrin Abdulmumin Returns To His Personal Office / Nigeria's School Feeding Prrogramme Featured On Al-jazeera.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.