Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Omotola Ekeinde: How My Role In The Prostitute Threatened My Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Omotola Ekeinde: How My Role In The Prostitute Threatened My Marriage. (1193 Views)

How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now. / Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotola Ekeinde: How My Role In The Prostitute Threatened My Marriage. by David0(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
This year, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde would be celebrating 20 years since she made her debut into the Industry. In exclusive interview with Encomium, the actress reflects on the past 20 years in the industry and the controversial movie ‘The Prostitute’ threatening her marriage. Read the excerpts below:

On Challenges Encountered:

“When I started out, I got married just about the same time and started having children. For me, it was a very big challenge because prior to that time, I didn’t know any other actor who had done similar thing that I could call and ask how do I go about it. 

I was also scared of losing my fan base. I was scared of so many things. I didn’t even know if I would be able to cope. And I am sure you’re aware I had my children almost every year (laughs). So, at a point, I started getting frustrated.

But it got to a point we started to understand the job a little more. So, personally, it got to a point I felt we can push the envelope further than what we already had in the industry, and my dreams started going wide.

I started thinking of many ways of changing the career for the better. So, having to fight my own battle at a time where practically at that time there was no industry, was very difficult because a lot of people didn’t understand what that was about”.

On Career Being A Threat To Marriage:

“No, not seriously. At least, it was in a way that shook my marriage. The only time I would say I worried was when the movie, The Prostitute came out. And that was the first major fresh shaking I had.

It was like a kind of controversy. From the movie poster to the sex scenes, whatever in that movie was shot after I left there, but was shot as if I was the one who did it.

And you know, Nigeria was not ready for that, so there was a lot of controversies around that. So, that was the only time I really worried about my marriage. And to be frank and candid, until my husband told me he wasn’t bothered, then I had peace.”

http://encomium.ng/screen-diva-omotola-ekeinde-dissects-her-20-years-in-nollywood-how-my-role-in-the-prostitute-threatened-my-marriage/

Re: Omotola Ekeinde: How My Role In The Prostitute Threatened My Marriage. by cococandy(f): 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Omotola Ekeinde: How My Role In The Prostitute Threatened My Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
Pretty woman cheesy cheesy
Re: Omotola Ekeinde: How My Role In The Prostitute Threatened My Marriage. by Agrika: 7:11pm On Jan 06, 2015
Just getting fatter day by day...still fine sha
Re: Omotola Ekeinde: How My Role In The Prostitute Threatened My Marriage. by tpiatabernacles: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
instead of reiterating the fact that body doubles were used in the movie, she should give tips on what others should do when they are in the same situation as she was.

go to the police, go spiritual on the perpetrators, what exactly?

Lets assume others do not have the kind of support she had and were not high profile like her.
Re: Omotola Ekeinde: How My Role In The Prostitute Threatened My Marriage. by goldennugget: 11:35pm On Jan 06, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Re:love Before Marriage Or After Marriage / My Family / How To Build Intimacy In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.