Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc (36881 Views)

Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos / Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Dies At 34 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by bugs1: 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
The ownership tussle of the Sheraton Lagos Hotel and Towers and its owning company, Ikeja Hotels Plc, on Tuesday deepened as different members of the Ibru family moved to assert authority.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that while a group led by Mrs Maiden Ibru, widow of late Guardian Publisher, Mr Alex Ibru, moved to hold an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting (EGM), Mr Goodie Ibru, the hotel Chairman, described the purported meeting as null and void.

NAN also reports that Mrs Ibru had earlier on Dec. 1, 2014 published an EGM notice of Ikeja Hotels Plc in the Guardian and Punch Newspapers, in an apparent bid to overhaul the company.

Her notice of EGM followed an earlier court order arising from an ex parte motion forcing the company to hold the meeting, on Jan. 6, 2015 at the Sheraton Hotel.

On the other hand, the other members of the Ibru family, led by Goodie Ibru, got an ex parte injunction from the Federal High Court, Abuja, restraining Mrs Ibru from calling an EGM or representing her late husband’s investment vehicles holding shares in Ikeja Hotels Plc.

Goodie Ibru’s group said that their ex parte motion was sequel to a bitter litigation between the children of his first wife, Mrs Helen Ibru, and Mrs Maiden, his second wife.

But in a swift development, some shareholders of the hotel, against a federal high court order, on Tuesday sacked Goddie Ibru, as the chairman and director of the company, over corporate governance infractions.

NAN reports that the shareholders unanimously approved the sack of Ibru at an alleged EGM in Lagos.

The shareholders also appointed Mr Olumide Braithwaite and Mr Tunde Sarumi, as directors of the company.

They also appointed KPMG Nigeria Ltd to carry out a forensic audit of the management of the company from 1999 to 2014, when Ibru was its chairman.

The shareholders also mandated KPMG to carry out a forensic audit of the share register and verification of the funding and payment for the shares of the company by holders, directly or indirectly amounting to two per cent or more.

The meeting was presided over by an interim Chairman appointed by the shareholders, Mr Rasheed Olaoluwa, the Managing Director, Bank of Industry (BOI), also a shareholder in the hotel.

NAN also reports that the meeting was held amidst drama as the shareholders were barred from entering the premises of Sheraton Hotels following a court injunction granted Ibru by the Federal High Court, Abuja.
http://leadership.ng/news/law/400052/ibru-family-struggles-ownership-sheraton-hotels-plc

http://monitor9ja.com/2015/01/ibru-family-struggles-ownership-sheraton-hotels-plc/
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ok.

Oh yes! Here we are again, I stumbled upon d thread sum days back so I thought it's my family struggling 4d ownership of Sheraton Hotel but, unfortunately it was Ibru's so mak dem karidia cross. And I was idealess on wat 2 comment also but, I will giv honor 2dose honor is due 4..

Firstly, I want 2 thank God 4 letting me c dis year 2015 e no easy at all. Baba God noni.
Secondly, I want to thank d mods 4 doing d needful as at wen due becos if not, I won't b here honoring dem.
Thirdly, may God bless d barber down my street 4cuming so early for me 2 charge my phone that day. U knw nepa pepul nah, always screwing demselves.
Fourthly, I say thank u 2 MTN pepul 4 screwing wit Nlanders becos if not, I won't b d man upfront.
Fifthly, I want 2 thank u 4 chasing me 4 back. Keep on nairalanding, u'll b here 1 day.
Sixthly, I want 2 thank all d proud members of bookers association. Keep on booking space, Seun go find u 1 day..
Sevethly, I want 2 thank myself 4 sitting next 2 joblessness nairalanding AD INFINITUM..

FTC! Babe show, no wahala u dey mak me go madder. oya go, go harder u dey mak me wanna craze. Oya shekininini, oya shekinonono arrha! grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Mancity26(m): 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
How wil diz put food on my small centre table?

19 Likes

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by BasseyJ(m): 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2015
this shit is the reason i think no matter how rich your dad or ma is, every man/woman should hustle to make it on his/her own(like davido does) and not to disgrace yourself struggling for a dead mans property.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by iiichidodo: 10:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
Sad squabblings of a once illustrous family...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by richardjemedafe1(m): 10:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hmmmmmm i
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by koligs: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
Still waiting anxiously for the day me and Oga seun will fight concerning the ownership of nairaland!!!.

15 Likes

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by danaiks(m): 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
Women tho..... grin

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by webtech: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
[b]Too much properties is a problem[/b]Na them sabi,after all this money wey them get

1 Like

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by holatin(m): 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
hmmmmm see this people she
dem should remember the same death that kill property owner can kill property fighters too.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by clemz88(m): 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
How does that concern me undecided
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
Thatz wat happenz to any extended wealthy family that looses der captain/head/breadwinner.
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by iceberylin(m): 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
Eeehhhyahhhh

But thats none of my buznezx shocked
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by zonax(m): 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
The Ibru family has lots of assets in the Nation's capital.

Let them settle this amicably

1 Like

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by makkosky(m): 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
Too bad
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by enoqueen: 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
OK.

They can do better, why this?
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Otunbab: 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
Wonderful
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by donmalcolm21(m): 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
That's ibru problem not ours
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by seunwen2(m): 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
[size=32pt]how can i open new thread on Nairaland need an advice helpers should contact me on whatsapp for pictorial explanation 08132034880[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by clemz88(m): 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Ok.
richardjemedafe1:
Hmmmmmm i
koligs:
danaiks:
$$
holatin:
hmmmmm
sauceny:
iceberylin:
grin
[quote][/quote]see una life? Bookers association

1 Like

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by lilmax(m): 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
So why is it on FP?
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by sammyyoung2(m): 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
Blame the clueless one
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Calebosko(m): 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
i for lik
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by KidProgrammer(m): 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ok o
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by iluvweed(m): 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
Wow, my family.... grin
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
ok
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Myluv1: 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
^^^ Ban dey smell for ya body sad
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by KidProgrammer(m): 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
clemz88:
see una life? Bookers association
u wan j0in
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by eazydon(m): 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
What money does.

Have they designed their website sef? Cos na my own work be that ! Shikena!!!
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by adrainuche(m): 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
seunwen2:
[size=32pt]how can i open new thread on Nairaland need an advice helpers should contact me on whatsapp for pictorial explanation 08132034880[/size]

You Must be very Stu.pid if for some subtle. Reason you feel anyone in their right senses would call you, this is like the most silliest of Spam !!!! Between you should change your monicker..

The Owner Of the Company dun Die He be like say dem dey drag asset
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by adrelanine: 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
[size=30pt]Do you know that the 2015 Gubernatorial election in Sokoto State would be the
most interesting in Nigera? Hon. Tambuwal of APC is contesting against
Ambassador Wali of the PDP. Hon. Tambuwal and Ambassador Wali are from the
same local government area in Sokoto State. Hon. Tambuwal is married to the
younger sister of Ambassador Wali (same father, same mother). When Ambassador
Wali was made Senate Leader in 1999, he brought Hon. Tambuwal to Abuja as his
special Legislative assistant. In 2003, Ambassador Wali practically sponsored the
election that brought Hon. Tambuwal into the House of Reps. When Hon.
Tambuwal became the speaker of the House of Reps, he used his position to
influence the appointment of Ambassador wali as Nigeria's Ambassador to
Morocco. Country people abeg, the question now is, who will Mrs. Tambuwal vote
for? Husband or Brother? She would either be a first lady or first sister.?[/size] grin grin grin

22 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soccer Tips For Pros.. Make That Money Now. / Keke Napep, Danfo Bus Or Uber? Which Is A More Profitable Business? / Tony Elumelu's Mother Celebrating Her 90th Birthday In Few Days Time (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.