Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,725 members, 7,802,186 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

My New Faith, A New Way Of Seeing God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My New Faith, A New Way Of Seeing God (732 Views)

I Started Masturbating At 4 After Seeing My Mum Go Unclad - Man Tells Pastor / Christians Are You Seeing God? / My New Faith, A New Way Of Seeing God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Faith, A New Way Of Seeing God by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 06, 2015
A lot of things has happened to me recently that pushed me into meditation, into a constant struggle with myself to appreciate or acknowledge the existence of God and still retain clear reasons to prove my belief. Through these reflections and meditations I have come to view God as he truly is, to appreciate him as he is and relate with him without having to bother myself with the problem of Logic. As a result of these, I postulate some doctrines of a new faith of which I am the sole convert.

1 To Believe what I perceive about God and not what the Bible says:

This simply means that since the bible was written by human hands, and since we can not satisfactorily prove that those hands were Inspired by God himself, one therefore cannot vouch for the Infallibility of the Bible. If we believe that the books we see in the bible are devoid of errors, how then can we prove that the apocryphal books contained errors? If we view God the way the bible puts him, we end up in confusion. How is it that a God will say in his law "Thou shalt not kill" and yet command the Israelites to to war and kill her enemies? It defies logic and reasoning. The bible presented God as a person who punishes wrong for eternity, yet, he is ever loving, compassionate and forgiving, that equals fire burning on Ice. Two parallel lines never meet, therefore, an all knowing God wouldnt contradict himself. My new faith proposes that instead of reading the bible, people should listen to their hearts, to their conscience and improve themselves through continuous assessment of themselves, and through the application of the inherent knowledge of good and evil.

A belief In God, Not Jesus:
God created every individual with an intellect and free will, therefore, if he wanted us to choose to love him on our own volition, he wouldnt present himself as a mystery and expect us to believe by faith. It makes sense that a God who created the heavens and the earth, who created the intricate complexities we bear witness to each time we break a ground in science, would acknowledge the fact that a man with an intellect and free will would only love what he fully comprehends. So therefore it makes no sense that God will come down to the earth to save the humans he created, then, while on earth, pray to himself in heaven, then, get himself killed on the cross just to ascend into heaven at the end. He wouldnt do this becuase he knows that the humans he created will question these actions, and would not trust what he doesnt understand.

I have three other postulates to write here but I cant due to lack of time. At the end, I believe that God exists, but i believe he has been mispresented by man over the ages. I would welcome and respond to Intelligent questions, both from the christians and atheists, and I would also welcome meaningful contributions to this faith. May the light of God shine on you as you go on the path to discover him as he is.

2 Likes

Re: My New Faith, A New Way Of Seeing God by basisop(m): 11:55pm On Jan 06, 2015
See your life? Satan dey use you play lido.
Re: My New Faith, A New Way Of Seeing God by Hawlahscho(m): 2:00am On Jan 07, 2015
OP really has some points but he missed d presentation.

Some Christians of nowadays don't know that human beings compiled Bible and translations have added and removed from it (either u accept or not, that's d truth)

Some don't know that Jesus is truly a prophet but highly rated to d extent that God calls Him a son.

Some don't know that while praying, we are to request from God by praying in Jesus name, some won't mention God at all in their prayers.

Many many like that, can't start to figure out now..... Life itself is mysterious and God is the mystery.

You research God, you go dumb.
Re: My New Faith, A New Way Of Seeing God by Champele(m): 1:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
If you dont have any opinion or contribution to wat he said why not STFU,your brain must not understand everything,that why you go to your pastors.
basisop:
Re: My New Faith, A New Way Of Seeing God by Champele(m): 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
basisop:
Re: My New Faith, A New Way Of Seeing God by Smart007i(m): 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
true talk .
Re: My New Faith, A New Way Of Seeing God by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
Congratulations op. The first step into Truth is to take away the curtain of polytheism.
I went through this stage too.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Call Nigeria “christian Leaders” To Order / No Offence, But Was Joseph Also A Virgin / Pope Francis Ready To Visit Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.