Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,361 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:08 PM

Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (45992 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by chiefwedslolo(f): 4:30am On Jan 07, 2015
So who is getting married in 2015?? @zubyadah requested a new thread so here it is!

Come in and join the fun!!

Introduce yourself!

Last year's thread was so fun. Let's keep it going!

Using @phema post from last year: (She's married now, so hopefully she can provide some tips too! grin )

"This thread is for intending couples, especially brides who have picked (or about to pick) their wedding dates and planning their weddings themselves. wink.

Here, we are going to be discussing the different facets of wedding planning. From the colors of the day to entertainment, food, drinks, EMCEE, DJ, location of wedding, wedding dresses, reception hall etc.

The main aim is for would be brides to get pointers as to how to plan their weddings effectively; Where to get some wedding stuff at affordable rate, recommendations of DJ, EMCEE, caterers and the likes, what colors to use and how to combine these colors etc.

Married peeps in the house, especially the recently married ones can help give some tips so we learn from their experience.

Who says you can't plan your wedding yourself?

Come in, let's plan together! This is gonna to be fun I promise.

*I know this should be on the Event section, but that section is not so active. So Mods, please leave this here. Thank you."

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by lafflaff123(m): 4:43am On Jan 07, 2015
Just here to see the females getting (claiming) hitched.

Hopefully you girls are not still single next year.

Hopefully the WINCH for una family no go spoil una wedding plan after una come yarn left and right for here.

4 Likes

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by lilmax(m): 6:25am On Jan 07, 2015
lafflaff123:

Hopefully the WINCH for una family no go spoil una wedding plan after una come yarn left and right for here.

grin
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 08, 2015
lafflaff123:

This your women hating comment(s) up and down, is becoming like trolling.

It's not our fault that your mum abandoned your dad when you were small.

If your dad has this uncouth behaviour of yours, I wouldn't blame her for dumping him. undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 08, 2015
VickyyB:

If your dad has this uncouth behaviour of yours, I wouldn't blame her for dumping him. undecided

Ouch!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 08, 2015
Congrats in advance to all would be brides!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 08, 2015
Chillisauce:

Ouch!
Few of it....

lafflaff123:
Na Women like this FULL Nairaland.

They give stupid advises here, but in real life they marry their papa MATE. So this woman wants to tell me she is in love with this MAN? talk of using an old man to climb the ladder.

Was just told today that the most beautiful girl in my class in the Uni. then, is the 4th Wife of a Commissioner in one of the South-South States, what is wrong with this women sef?

lafflaff123:
If the charm/prayers had worked, i am sure we would have seen another NAIRALANDERS WEDDING pictures soon.

There is nothing Nigerian women will not do.

No be only vision.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by bennyrazz: 11:30am On Jan 08, 2015
sipping tea
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by remsonik(f): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
Takes a seat
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
Joining with faith smiley

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by MNWD(f): 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
Are you a wedding vendor?

Are you tired of not being found?

Why not sign up to the Nigerian wedding directory today.

www.mynigerianweddingdirectory.com
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 12:52am On Jan 23, 2015
the purpose of this thread is being defeated with some of these comments. can we pleeease get back on track here! 2015 brides!!!! fall in o & let's plan together. wishin u all a happy married life in advance smiley

3 Likes

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by rosety: 6:56am On Jan 23, 2015
It's never too early to start planning. I met a customer in February last year. We finalised her plans and all and she paid me a good percentage of the bill in August. Her wedding was in November. She had a similar arrangement with all her vendors. Her wedding day was flawless. Everyone and everything was in proper place and order.

True there is a risk involved especially with the large number of unreliable or down-right fraudulent businesses in Naija but early planning reduces the last minute stresses that most brides put themselves and their families through.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Emaprince: 8:43am On Jan 23, 2015
VickyyB:

and this is one of the would be bride? Abusing another man's parents..smh

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by breadplanets(f): 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
Would join the thread when it gets *seriouser*
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by jadelyn007(f): 1:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
rosety:
It's never too early to start planning. I met a customer in February last year. We finalised her plans and all and she paid me a good percentage of the bill in August. Her wedding was in November. She had a similar arrangement with all her vendors. Her wedding day was flawless. Everyone and everything was in proper place and order.

True there is a risk involved especially with the large number of unreliable or down-right fraudulent businesses in Naija but early planning reduces the last minute stresses that most brides put themselves and their families through.
imagine, starting planning in feb for a nov wedding, meanwhile my bestie here is getting married in april and she has not done anything. she doesn't even knw whr to start from. The only thing she's done is introduction, fixing a date and marriage class. Lol
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by rosety: 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
jadelyn007:
imagine, starting planning in feb for a nov wedding, meanwhile my bestie here is getting married in april and she has not done anything. she doesn't even knw whr to start from. The only thing she's done is introduction, fixing a date and marriage class. Lol

Lol? Naa. That should be COL (crying out loud)!

The major advantage of early planning is the reduced headache for the bride on that day, making it possible for her to just relax and enjoy herself. Has she made her budget? Decided on venue and vendors? Has she picked her colours? Does she know where her gown is coming from? Her bouquet? It's a long asśed list she has to go through.

If she thinks people will laugh at her for "initial gra gra" she should know that same people will laugh at her red eyes on that day.

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by maureensylvia(f): 11:25am On Jan 24, 2015
nananana...how do i start now? my traditional marriage is on easter, don't even know where to start from, op and co can u help me out? Hope am not too fast in terms of preparations?

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by jadelyn007(f): 2:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
rosety:

Lol? Naa. That should be COL (crying out loud)!

The major advantage of early planning is the reduced headache for the bride on that day, making it possible for her to just relax and enjoy herself. Has she made her budget? Decided on venue and vendors? Has she picked her colours? Does she know where her gown is coming from? Her bouquet? It's a long asśed list she has to go through.

If she thinks people will laugh at her for "initial gra gra" she should know that same people will laugh at her red eyes on that day.
lol, she's picked colors, she is doing a custom made gown but she is yet to pick out the fabrics she wants. Last time I heard from her she was still deciding who will do what, as in the photographer, DJ, caterer, venue decorator e.t.c. She hasn't even bought a thing.

I keep telling her to start early she thinks there's still time. I did chief brides maid for a friend and she was panicking so much she started crying. Took so much effort to calm her down.

Anyway lemme represent her on this thread cheesy

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobally: 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2015
VickyyB:

50 Calibre Bullet.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Rhukie(f): 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
present on thread. we can achieve a lot together. I have gone to the registry already but my nikkah is in March.
Hall ✅
colour of the day✔
aso oke✔
Photo and video graphy✅
Mua✅.

Pre wedding shoots ✔

all for now

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2015
Present. ....

3 Likes

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2015
Present!!!! Have been a silent follower, anyway my wedding comes up on the 18th of april. All 2015 would be brides, pls fall out let's plan together. let's not dull this thread. I really enjoyed that of last year with phema. Have only done d registry, picked out my colors, I will start selling aseobi as from next month. kudos to those that are married, its really not easy planning for a wedding. God is my strength oh.

2 Likes

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by veave(f): 6:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
following by faith... grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 4:17am On Jan 27, 2015
maureensylvia:
nananana...how do i start now? my traditional marriage is on easter, don't even know where to start from, op and co can u help me out? Hope am not too fast in terms of preparations?
u r right on track tinewise. wot do u need help with? ur trad or church wedding?
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 4:20am On Jan 27, 2015
Rhukie:
present on thread. we can achieve a lot together. I have gone to the registry already but my nikkah is in March.
Hall ✅
colour of the day✔
aso oke✔
Photo and video graphy✅
Mua✅.

Pre wedding shoots ✔

all for now

good going.. try to arrange for the other vendors too. March is very close..
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 4:23am On Jan 27, 2015
Linmax:
Present!!!! Have been a silent follower, anyway my wedding comes up on the 18th of april. All 2015 would be brides, pls fall out let's plan together. let's not dull this thread. I really enjoyed that of last year with phema. Have only done d registry, picked out my colors, I will start selling aseobi as from next month. kudos to those that are married, its really not easy planning for a wedding. God is my strength oh.
Thanks! once u av a checklist, d rest comes easy & u can contract a planner to help u if u r overwhelmed.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 4:24am On Jan 27, 2015
veave:
following by faith... grin grin grin
smiley very soon

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by maureensylvia(f): 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
vickilafab:
u r right on track tinewise. wot do u need help with? ur trad or church wedding?

my trad
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by ovalrose(f): 4:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
following too with faith....
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 11:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
maureensylvia:

my trad
that's easier.. start by drawing a budget- an amount u want to spend on everything. estimate the number of people coming, choose colours (for u n ur hubby, theme), organise aso ebi wt ur friends, start sourcin for decorator, caterers, makeup artist, photographers, etc

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 11:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
ovalrose:
following too with faith....
sooner than u expect smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Father-Of-Five Absconds After His Wife Gave Birth To Quadruplets In Benin / Sex After Child Birth / Experience Of A Woman Who Was Richer Than Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.