Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje (21791 Views)

Dino Melaye In ABU To Collect His Certificate (Photos) / Constitutional Lawyer, Fred Agbaje Is Dead / See Photos Of The Woman Who Cried As Buhari Received His Certificate From INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by ShowYourCertificate: 8:55am On Jan 07, 2015
As activities toward the February 14, 2015 presidential election gather momentum, controversy has continued to trail the qualification of the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari. Indeed, since the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) announced that it does not have the academic credentials of Buhari, the APC candidate has been in the eye of the storm, with Nigerians taking divergent views on the issue.

While many insist that the dust over Buhari’s credentials is merely a ploy to unsettle the APC standard bearer, others are challenging the former Head of State to come out with clear proof of his qualification.

Buhari had reportedly sworn to an affidavit at the Federal High Court (FCT) High Court Abuja to the effect that all his academic qualifications, documents, as filed in his presidential form for next month’s election, were with the Secretary of the Military Board. The Director, Army Public Relations, Brig General Olajide Laleye, earlier said the army does not keep the original certificates of its personnel, whether serving or retired. The army however, said that military personnel know how to get their certificates from it.

Section 131(d) of the 1999 constitution stipulates that a person shall be eligible to contest for the office of President if “he has been educated up to at least school certificate level or its equivalent.”

Speaking on the development, Constitutional lawyer, Fred Agbaje, said Buhari has not contravened the law, as long as he has copies of his certificate to back his claim.

In a telephone interview with him, he said: “It is constitutionally and legally valid for him to contest election without original copies of his certificate. It’s a different kettle of fish if he doesn’t have those certificates. If he has the photocopies and he is ready to tender it at any time, then he does not have a problem. The onus is on him to provide a copy of his certificate, which the law stipulates he must have.

“There is nowhere in the constitution where it is stated that he must produce the original copies of his secondary school certificate. The constitution says that for you to be qualified to contest for the position of a president, you must have at least a secondary school qualification. If Buhari says his credentials are with the military, he should call on the military to produce it because we all know that he was a military man. Are you telling me that he joined the military as a stark illiterate? Can a stark illiterate become a Major General in the army? The onus is on whoever says Buhari is an illiterate to go and prove it. It would have been a different thing if he does not have it; so whoever is alleging that he is an illiterate should prove it.”
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=99159

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by ShowYourCertificate: 8:56am On Jan 07, 2015
[size=28pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size] grin grin grin

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by ShowYourCertificate: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2015
Hi guys, what's your take on the constitutional lawyer's view?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by MizMyColi(f): 9:36am On Jan 07, 2015
Good!
This method of tagging looks clean and attractive.

Off topic, I know undecided

NairalandOP:

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by Firefire(m): 9:40am On Jan 07, 2015
The onus is on Buhari to provide a copy of his certificate, which the law stipulates he must have.

28 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by MizMyColi(f): 9:42am On Jan 07, 2015
NairalandOP:
[size=28pt]#BuhariShowACopyOfYourCertificate[/size]

So your detractors can leave you to run your campaign in peace.
This is not good for your packaged image.

I'm not in your shoes at the moment, but it feels like you've been boxed in a corner.

[size=14pt]#PleaseProveThemWrong[/size]

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2015
NairalandOP:

How did you perform this

Its neat and presentable

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by Demdem(m): 9:47am On Jan 07, 2015
Buhari has already provided an affidavit stating where those certificates are.
Inec received the affidavit and has no objection so far.
NA that was referenced in the affidavit also has no objection with it.
If buhari intend Lying, will it be wise to use the Nigerian army to lie?
If any fool desire to see it, such should go to court and ask the court to compel buhari to show it to them.
Buhari is on the side of the law of the land.
No qualms.
Above all, the General is waxing stronger by the day.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 07, 2015
guys

Buhari should just admit that he is not academically qualified to lead Nigeria

No wonder he plans to give free meals and N5000 to 25Million people instead of jobs and loans that will empower them to pay #5000 into our national treasury

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by Demdem(m): 9:52am On Jan 07, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
guys

Now that u know how to do it, don't ever call my attention on foolish things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by rozayx5(m): 9:54am On Jan 07, 2015
good one

they will label fred a tanoid, just watch grin

the illiterate is chartering private jet around with the kickbacks he received from PTF contractors.

Buhari has a degree cow rearing so he is fit to contest cool

26 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 07, 2015
Demdem:

Now that u know how to do it, don't ever call my attention on foolish things

I hope you have a university certificate

So that when we ask you , we won't hear

IT IS AT ALAUSA grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by Caseless: 9:57am On Jan 07, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
guys

Buhari should just admit that he is not academically qualified to lead Nigeria

No wonder he plans to give free meals and N5000 to 25Million people instead of jobs and loans that will empower them to pay #5000 into our national treasury
u wan copy nairalandOP abi?
Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 07, 2015

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:59am On Jan 07, 2015
Firefire:
The onus is on Buhari to provide a copy of his certificate, which the law stipulates he must have.

What part of the Constitution or Electoral Act says a candidate must display his certificate(s)? As far as presenting certificate is concerned, the candidates are answerable to INEC, not the electorate.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by menesheh(m): 9:59am On Jan 07, 2015
For where

He can only continue talking shiit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by taharqa: 10:07am On Jan 07, 2015
Buhari no get certipikate, shikina..

Na wetin una want make im submit?

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by mtprofessor5(m): 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2015
I agree
Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by dharyour93(m): 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
Well. The Nigerian Army needs to defend it's integrity so I expect them to do something otherwise, I can guess that the Chief of Defence Staff sef fit no get certificate.
Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by kingstylo01(m): 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
i coment my reserve lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by SeverusSnape(m): 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
Simple!... That's just all what we ask. Show your certificates!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by freshness2020: 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
Even if its the Photocopy show us... ♈όϋ can't tell us ♈όϋ ve no copy of Ūя̲̅ own...who does that!
In Papa Ade'boye's voice;# somebody tell buhari to show us his certificate!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by iiichidodo: 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
Is that too much to ask my people?.A man wants to be accountable to 170 million souls yet cannot see to the small matter of accounting for his certificate instead throwing us all on the path of lies, dishonesty and deceit. He is laundered as anti-corrupt yet benefits from corruption via attaining military positions he has no qualities nor qualifications for but solely from where he comes from....His campaigns have been funded by czars of corruption Tinubu,Atiku,Amaechi....Nigerians shine your eyes..Gej till 2019

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by timilehing(m): 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
Buhari will do so when Sambo presented his own
Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by blemon44(m): 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
kk
Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by Nairalane: 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
You Can Only Remove A Man From The Military. You Cannot Remove Militarism From A Man. He Was A Former General And An Head Of State. So, Fill In The Gaps.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by Monimatic(m): 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
Oga Lawyer tell am to show him result..
Buhari na Grade 1 Semi illiterate a.k.a Mr Oil Price Stabilizer
grin grin grin grin grin grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
Shiit is getting boring!

NEXT!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by englishmart(m): 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
if I was asked to present my available certificates, I would provide them. That's because I have them.

Now sire. If you truly have yours, it wouldn't cost you anything. Just present it and save your supporters and yourself some slacks

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by Lilaex: 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
If he likes he should provide it or not please listen to me any well meaning Nigerian be you muslim or christian especially please go online to www.kingdomnewsng.com and see the greater plot behind APC this is not just politics. Please don't vote for apc instead vote for any other party with a christian candidate. My fellow brothers and sisters please don't vote for a muslim candidate it is for the good for the generation now and yet to come. Please In the name of God almighty and Jesus christ his son. Do not over look this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by sicily4u: 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
then fuuuk all the ungrateful ones
Re: Buhari Should Provide A Copy Of His Certificate - Fred Agbaje by timilehing(m): 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
taharqa:

Buhari no get certipikate, shineka..

Na wetin una want make im submit?
Have you confirmed from his military file? Dumfo...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures From Kwankwaso's Campaign Rally In Rogo Local Government, Kano / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta / Wike And Ifeanyi Okowa Inspect Ongoing Construction In Asaba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.