Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:19 PM

Wifes And Mother-in-law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wifes And Mother-in-law (1136 Views)

He Was Expecting A Range Rover From His Rich In-law (Photos) / My Mother-In-law Visits Too Often, How Do I Deal With That? Please Help / What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wifes And Mother-in-law by mashnino(m): 2:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
ok.... i was astound the other by what a friend told me about wifes and their mother-in-law

we were gisting and something led to something... we landed in marriage and stuffs

and she was telling me how most wife to be or wifes dont feel comfortable around dre mother-in-law

then she said a statement.. and i was almost knocked off my feet..

it goes thus "Most girls find it easy to marry a guy whose mom is dead..." shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i was very shocked i asked why?

she said... they(the moms) always dont like the wifes..because they feel they are snatching away there sons from them...

so they try in every way to jeopardize the relationship... i was very shocked.. i have never heard dis before

and every man's dream is to see his mum and wife get along so well...

so i want to know is this really what is goin on out dere?
Re: Wifes And Mother-in-law by delishpot: 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2015

Well its life. Some MILs try to control sons homes while some DILs want total control of hubby.
While some DILs are good to MILs, the mama will want to monopolize the whole family including what the wife feeds her kids.
While some MILs will be nice to the DILs, the young woman will see her as a know it all that, should mind her business.
A good MIL knows when to visit, when to give advice and when to cast blames.
A good DIL knows when to keep quiet and let mama talk, how to speak to mama and how to make mama comfortable in their home.
Its easy for a girl to live with her own mom cos she can say what ever she feels and express herself without fearing backlash from her mom unlike her MIL.
Her mom will not go to the village and paint her black because she rejected the pure warer mommy bought for her grand son to drink.
All in all, a man should not put his mom and wife in the same house. Maybe family compound but not same house.

1 Like

Re: Wifes And Mother-in-law by Dlionsheart: 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
To a greater extent, yes, that's what is going on out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wifes And Mother-in-law by mashnino(m): 2:32pm On Jan 07, 2015
Dlionsheart:
To a greater extent, yes, that's what is going on out there.

i am still astound oooo....

delishpot:

Well its life. Some MILs try to control sons homes while some DILs want total control of hubby.
While some DILs are good to MILs, the mama will want to monopolize the whole family including what the wife feeds her kids.
While some MILs will be nice to the DILs, the young woman will see her as a know it all that, should mind her business.
A good MIL knows when to visit, when to give advice and when to cast blames.
A good DIL knows when to keep quiet and let mama talk, how to speak to mama and how to make mama comfortable in their home.
Its easy for a girl to live with her own mom cos she can say what ever she feels and express herself without fearing backlash from. Her mom will not go to the village and paint her black because ahe rejected the pure warer mommy bought for her grand son to drink.
All in all, a man should not put his mom and wife in the same house. Maybe family compound but not same house.

he doesn't really have a choice
Re: Wifes And Mother-in-law by delishpot: 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
mashnino:

i am still astound oooo....

he doesn't really have a choice
Well, what can I say? If one of them has wahala with the otger, its his duty to do what ever will make peace happen. Dont tell me you do not believe some MILs are impossible to live with.
We as their kids are used to them but we can understand how an outsider(DIL) feels.
Same with our MILs. Their daughters may be used to their wahala but the men in the middle cant cope at all.
Some wives arr wicked too, even if they act nice to the husbands, the men know how bad their wives treat people and will understand how mama feels.
No one can help them.
Re: Wifes And Mother-in-law by XtraSmooth404: 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
My sister's husband happens to be the first son. As such, his mum constantly scrutinizes every action taken by my sister. She never acknowledge any good thing my sister does cos she'll rather pretend she didnt see it. But let her make a small mistake she picks on that. To worsen it, the husband's two siblings are stayin with them full time. When I marry, it'll be me, my wife and the kids alone. In fact, anybody visiting must give two weeks notice before coming.
Re: Wifes And Mother-in-law by mashnino(m): 8:59am On May 17, 2015
XtraSmooth404:
My sister's husband happens to be the first son. As such, his mum constantly scrutinizes every action taken by my sister. She never acknowledge any good thing my sister does cos she'll rather pretend she didnt see it. But let her make a small mistake she picks on that. To worsen it, the husband's two siblings are stayin with them full time. When I marry, it'll be me, my wife and the kids alone. In fact, anybody visiting must give two weeks notice before coming.
m

Ehn..!!!! Dat one na father xmas na

Dats why dem dwy use am play

(1) (Reply)

Ladies What Would You Do If You See This In The Home Of A Guy U Are Newly Dating / Kidnapped yesterday / Help!!!!!!!!! My Landlady Wants To Eject Me Unjustly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.