Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. (5607 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by masagoody(m): 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
A friend once said that the average civilized Nigerian youth has either an MTN sim or a GTB account or both. These brands have come to stay and in a way have an influence on our lives.Also, for the average job seeker, nairaland has become an indispensable tool in the quest for a better job. With loads of information, insight and firsthand experiences in drops and in excess on the forum, You would have to work extra time and extra hard in the job market if you want to go alone in the path of the traditional "Tuesday Guardian".
One common occurrence in most job test or assessment centres is the meeting of two or more nairalanders. By their conversations, you will know them. They are always the most vibrant in the waiting room, seem to know everything, have loads of stories to share from previous adventures and the best part is the way they seem to connect in split seconds like they knew each one another from Adam. It seems like the way we connect with our cousins even when meeting for the first time.
Nairalanders seem to have a license to jump into any discuss. Most times, you just have this gut feeling that you are talking to one and surprisingly, you are almost always correct. for every registered nairalander, there seem to be 3 guest followers on a particular thread. I have met a number of them and I believe so for most of us. (met one at oshodi market and introduced myself immediately)
Have you had such experiences where people walked up to you to ask "Are you on nairaland?" or vice versa. kindly share your experiences

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
masagoody:
A friend once said that the average civilized Nigerian youth has either an MTN sim or a GTB account or both. These brands have come to stay and in a way have an influence on our lives.Also, for the average job seeker, nairaland has become an indispensable tool in the quest for a better job. With loads of information, insight and firsthand experiences in drops and in excess on the forum, You would have to work extra time and extra hard in the job market if you want to go alone in the path of the traditional "Tuesday Guardian".
One common occurrence in most job test or assessment centres is the meeting of two or more nairalanders. By their conversations, you will know them. They are always the most vibrant in the waiting room, seem to know everything, have loads of stories to share from previous adventures and the best part is the way they seem to connect in split seconds like they knew each one another from Adam. It seems like the way we connect with our cousins even when meeting for the first time.
Nairalanders seem to have a license to jump into any discuss. Most times, you just have this gut feeling that you are talking to one and surprisingly, you are almost always correct. for every registered nairalander, there seem to be 3 guest followers on a particular thread. I have met a number of them and I believe so for most of us. (met one at oshodi market and introduced myself immediately)
Have you had such experiences where people walked up to you to ask "Are you on nairaland?" or vice versa. kindly share your experiences
no not once.
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2015
Met at least 10 Nairalanders......all great people.

There's a thing about this forum smiley

1 Like

Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by masagoody(m): 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2015
taiwolusol:
Met at least 10 Nairalanders......all great people.

There's a thing about this forum smiley
true...very true
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by Ureo2014: 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
nairaland is a great forum where everyone has equal opportunity to air his view.
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by AltarBoy1: 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
shyna01:

no not once.
3 words, you come quote the whole OP

4 Likes

Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by nekaa(f): 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2015
I don't really have to ask directly, I just go like
" there was this post on NL ......" most of the time they go
" you are on NL too?"
I have met a good number of them mostly less active members dou.

4 Likes

Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by SwTeee(f): 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
In case
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
NL has about 1.3 million members. That's about 1 NLer in every 100 Nigerians. If you remove children and oldies. You could get as many as 1 in every 40-50 Nigerians. Take it to the youth level and that'd be an even smaller ratio.
So I'd say if you go out on one sunny morning, chances are you'll walk past two or three people your age who are NLers.

6 Likes

Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
nekaa:
I don't really have to ask directly, I just go like
" there was this post on NL ......" most of the time they go
" you are on NL too?"
I have met a good number of them mostly less active members dou.
Huh, that's quite a brazen approach. Cute pix, btw.
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by singlefade25(f): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2015
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by singlefade25(f): 7:29pm On Jan 07, 2015
NL, the best forum for Nigerian youths. Very informative and interesting, I learn everyday from this forum. Met the wonderful ones. I went for an interview last year, a guy just approached me 'are you singlefade?', I was so surprised. He is my very good friend now, so happy I met him.
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by abdulslutsky(m): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
singlefade25:
NL, the best forum for nigeria youth. Very informative and interesting, I learn everyday from this forum. Met the wonderful ones. I went for an interview last year, a guy just approached me 'are you singlefade?', I was so surprised. He is my very good friend now, so happy I met him.
We also met once
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by singlefade25(f): 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2015
abdulslutsky:

We also met once
Really?
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by donmalcolm21(m): 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
I've met countless people who are guest on NL though a lot of them complain about it being too childish.

4 Likes

Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by fiftynaira(m): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
I have not

But will be meeting close to 30 nairalanders on 17th of this month here in ph.... So if u re in ph on the 17th holla let's get to meet!!

https://www.nairaland.com/2066824/port-harcourt-nairalanders-get-together/4

1 Like

Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
Just stumbled on a post by a guy, i checked his profile and alas he lives in my neighbourhood. wink

I also introduced a colleague of mine who had also registered on d forum. cheesycheesy
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by abdulslutsky(m): 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
singlefade25:
Really?

Yes, mansard insurance. We chatted for a few minutes. I knew I was talking to singlefade25 but I never bothered to ask.
If you can rack your brains, you should be able to recall that tall dark and handsome boy on sweater that daygrin
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by pinky21(f): 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
I perceive front page .Am nt too active on nairaland,so I don't bother asking. d only time I managed to ask d guys response was too annoying (his words; so u re into dat childish stuff).d next minute I saw him browsing thru nairaland,had to tell him I never knew u re 1 of dose kids. I hate smelling attitude

9 Likes

Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by ednut1(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
bros masagoody met me on my way to lekki at oshodi. i tot he was a scammer / pick pocket i nearly ran. funny ish
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by CrazyScientist: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
Yes! Dreyl , Andyblaze and some others lipsrsealed
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by XtraSmooth404: 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
Met one guy @ an interview and we got talking. I mentioned the same comment I posted on a thread, and the guy was like ''are you XtraSmooth on Nairaland?''.
For some, in the course of chatting with them they'll say ''I read it somewhere on Nairaland that...''. Then I'll say ''Wow, are you on NL?''. The girl will say ''nah, not really. I'm just a guest'', lol she go just lie gimme cos my next question for be her username.
Lastly, this site has been of immense help to me since I joined in 2008 while in the Uni. #TeamNairalandAddict.
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by masagoody(m): 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
ednut1:
bros masagoody met me on my way to lekki at oshodi. i tot he was a scammer / pick pocket i nearly ran. funny ish
hahahaha...
thank God say e quick me call the word nairaland.. Na that day I go for lose two teeth...
the only thing on my mind after meeting you was.....baddttt guyyyyy.....
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by masagoody(m): 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
@Aso savings assessment centre, a nice dude walked up to me and said.. hello, masagoody..I said yes. he turned out to be the almighty Lero15. together with another nairaland babe, three of us got talking,..trekked from canton course (abi watin be that place again) to lekki phase one, kept on talking till we lost our way.
We got proper directions from a security personnel, pass toll gate, missed our way again and ended up in addax head office, when back and forth looking for road when wide like anything. got to the bus stop, to go our seperate ways became wahala. we devised a plan to ensure we ended up taking the same BRT bus.....
nairaland sha!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by masagoody(m): 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

Lastly, this site has been of immense help to me since I joined in 2008 while in the Uni. #TeamNairalandAddict.

2008 wow.....no wonder you dey make sense... wished I joined earlier than I did.
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by jendy36(m): 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
out of the four people I asked, two are on nairaland and two are not. 1 person has only asked me.
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by XtraSmooth404: 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
masagoody:

2008 wow.....no wonder you dey make sense... wished I joined earlier than I did.
We lost that account that tsunami year
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by divalindiway(f): 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2015
I have met 1or 2 Nairalanders. I know 3 of my classmates on Nairaland. I have spoken on fone with a handful of others. Pheww!
Nairalanders always stand out in crowd in reality. U dont just hv to stress ursef to show u r 1. Its obvious in d way we talk.

1 Like

Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by masagoody(m): 11:52pm On Jan 07, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

We lost that account that tsunami year
I dey tell you. I never knew how addicted I was until the tsunami. I felt almost useless outside work hours. refreshed the saved page almost 119 times...it really taught me a lesson...never to be attached to anything whatsoever. I am learning to stay unattached to things presently. But nairaland, I never sure.
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by kachnov(m): 12:06am On Jan 08, 2015
k
Re: The "Are You On Nairaland" Experience. by kachnov(m): 12:08am On Jan 08, 2015
naira land is quite useful...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Gtbank Staff On Nairaland? / Bahrain Jobs With High Salary / Job Vacancies For P.h Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.