Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Brush2ru: Devious Maids (season 1 And 2) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Brush2ru: Devious Maids (season 1 And 2) (1795 Views)

A’rese WINS Season 1 Of The Voice Nigeria / Download MTV Shuga Season 1, 2, 3, 4 / Series: Devious Maids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brush2ru: Devious Maids (season 1 And 2) by officialEGO(f): 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
Before last year went by, I did enjoy myself movie-wise as I watched some scintillating movie series *definitely American; abi naija don get series ni?*. . . Top two were DEVIOUS MAIDS from the producers of Desperate House Wives and REVENGE. . . Well, unfortunately, I anticipated Season 3 of Devious House Maids but it never started till 2014 ran out but I started Season 4 of Revenge sha!

Devious Maids is a series revolving around 4 Latina Maids excluding a dead one which gave the film a crime undertone. The film can be categorized under drama, family, crime and much more! It is funny, well-scripted, full of witty sayings and dramatic. . . This isn't really a review per say; it's my way of trying to discuss my best characters and 'worst' *emotions at work* in the film.

As for me, I love Carmen; her sense of humour is the best! Followed by Rosie, the woman always saying 'Santos Dios' who also screw and fell in love with Peri Westmore's (her boss) husband, then I love the Powells (too much marital drama, secrets and mysteries), I love Zoila and her ugly Pablo *lol*, then Genevieve (Janvieve); she's so funny; who else am I missing? Oh! Marisol! She's in a class of hers and I like Remi and Valentina (only their relationship palava). And I also love
Taylor Stappord (Marisol's employer)

Coming to worst characters, I hate Opal, that lesbian maid, I don't like much of Peri Westmore, Olivia (Michael Stappord's ex wife) etc.

Conclusively, my top two loves in Devious Maids are Carmen Luna and The Powells.

Tell us who yours are if you watched the series *I know you love it*
Re: Brush2ru: Devious Maids (season 1 And 2) by fijiano202(m): 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
officialEGO:
Before last year went by, I did enjoy myself movie-wise as I watched some scintillating movie series *definitely American; abi naija don get series ni?*. . . Top two were DEVIOUS MAIDS from the producers of Desperate House Wives and REVENGE. . . Well, unfortunately, I anticipated Season 3 of Devious House Maids but it never started till 2014 ran out but I started Season 4 of Revenge sha!

Devious Maids is a series revolving around 4 Latina Maids excluding a dead one which gave the film a crime undertone. The film can be categorized under drama, family, crime and much more! It is funny, well-scripted, full of witty sayings and dramatic. . . This isn't really a review per say; it's my way of trying to discuss my best characters and 'worst' *emotions at work* in the film.

As for me, I love Carmen; her sense of humour is the best! Followed by Rosie, the woman always saying 'Santos Dios' who also screw and fell in love with Peri Westmore's (her boss) husband, then I love the Powells (too much marital drama, secrets and mysteries), I love Zoila and her ugly Pablo *lol*, then Genevieve (Janvieve); she's so funny; who else am I missing? Oh! Marisol! She's in a class of hers and I like Remi and Valentina (only their relationship palava). And I also love
Taylor Stappord (Marisol's employer)

Coming to worst characters, I hate Opal, that lesbian maid, I don't like much of Peri Westmore, Olivia (Michael Stappord's ex wife) etc.

Conclusively, my top two loves in Devious Maids are Carmen Luna and The Powells.

Tell us who yours are if you watched the series *I know you love it*
Carmen ,Peru,Demi and Rosa are pretty cool...i hate Valentina,she sucks

With the return of David Clark,Revenge became crap
Re: Brush2ru: Devious Maids (season 1 And 2) by divalindiway(f): 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2015
I love Carmen too, her care free atitude but she has not achieved anything even with her over ambitiousnes.
I love Rose too.The she drags the last words in her sentence.
I love Zoila cos of her principles. Even when she pushes her boundaries e.g kissong dat call guy at d bar and making out wit her new boyfriend (season 2). U cant help but to excuse her.
I love Genevive cos she refuse to feel old (seems like most genevieve dont like getting old)
Am indifferent abt Valentina
...and oh the Powells, my skin twitches wenever it comes to their scene in season 1 dey were so weird but surprisingly in season 2 they loosened up.
My best scene in season 2 was when Mrs. Powell was walking majestically to see the 'bodyguard' her husband hired and she missed her step and fell when she saw he was a sizzling hot guy. I laf each time i recal that scene.
Re: Brush2ru: Devious Maids (season 1 And 2) by officialEGO(f): 5:50am On Jan 08, 2015
fijiano202:
Carmen ,Peru,Demi and Rosa are pretty cool...i hate Valentina,she sucks

With the return of David Clark,Revenge became crap

Hehehehehehehe! Yeah; valentina and obsessive crush on Remi; the girl is clumsy. . .

As for Revenge, you are absolutely right! David Clarke is better off dead; it's becoming boring.
Re: Brush2ru: Devious Maids (season 1 And 2) by officialEGO(f): 5:53am On Jan 08, 2015
divalindiway:
I love Carmen too, her care free atitude but she has not achieved anything even with her over ambitiousnes.
I love Rose too.The she drags the last words in her sentence.
I love Zoila cos of her principles. Even when she pushes her boundaries e.g kissong dat call guy at d bar and making out wit her new boyfriend (season 2). U cant help but to excuse her.
I love Genevive cos she refuse to feel old (seems like most genevieve dont like getting old)
Am indifferent abt Valentina
...and oh the Powells, my skin twitches wenever it comes to their scene in season 1 dey were so weird but surprisingly in season 2 they loosened up.
My best scene in season 2 was when Mrs. Powell was walking majestically to see the 'bodyguard' her husband hired and she missed her step and fell when she saw he was a sizzling hot guy. I laf each time i recal that scene.

Hehehehehehehehe *seems like most genevieve don't like getting old* abi na! Plus I remember that scene, very funny! Tony Bishara! And I love that scene where Rosie was making out with Spence and Mrs. Powell caught them and she was like 'Santos Dios'.

I'd give the film 4.5 rating! Over 5 that is!

1 Like

Re: Brush2ru: Devious Maids (season 1 And 2) by pickabeau1: 11:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
Why don't u search for the d existing thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1859242/fans-devious-maids-come-here
Re: Brush2ru: Devious Maids (season 1 And 2) by officialEGO(f): 8:25am On Jan 09, 2015
pickabeau1:
Why don't u search for the d existing thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1859242/fans-devious-maids-come-here
so sorry, never knew there was one
Re: Brush2ru: Devious Maids (season 1 And 2) by pickabeau1: 8:54am On Jan 09, 2015
officialEGO:
so sorry, never knew there was one

It's ok

(1) (Reply)

Today Is Friday The 13th. (photos) / DC's Darkseid Vs Marvel's Thanos / Is There Any TV Series Like 24(jack Bauer)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.