Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,145 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:41 AM

Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award (10629 Views)

Quadri Adebimpe, Nigeria's Youngest Referee To Officiate Champions League Match / Rio 2016: ITTF To Honour Segun Toriola For His 7th Olympic Appearance / Adebimpe Quadri, The Youngest FIFA Referee At 24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by SpinalCord: 11:40pm On Jan 07, 2015
Nigeria Table tennis star, Haruna Quadri, becomes the first African to win ITTF top most prize award.

The 2014 exploits of Nigeria’s Aruna Quadri continued in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) after being named the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Star Player of the year.

At the colourful award ceremony that had respected table tennis players and administrators from around the world, Quadri claimed two awards ahead of players from Asia and Europe and becomes the first African to win the top prize.

The world’s number 30 ranked player was voted the Best Male player beating world number one, China’s Xu Xin and his compatriot, Fan Zhendong, who is the 2014 Youth Olympic Games gold medallist as well as Portugal’s Marcos Freitas, who is the 2014 European Team Championships winner and the first Portuguese player to be ranked top 10 in the world.

Also, Quadri’s crucial winning point against Olympics and World Champion, Jan Zhike of China at the 2014 ITTF World Cup was won the best in the Star Point category at the second edition of the award.

An elated Quadri described the achievement as the best in his career, while acknowledging the support he got globally from table tennis fans.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/01/07/quadri-becomes-first-african-to-win-ittfs-top-prize/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by SpinalCord: 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2015
It was a glorious night for the guy, who won two awards, on the same night.

2 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by Ilekeh(f): 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
The name does not sound Nigerian nah

All these Arabs claiming Nigeria.
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by orobs93(m): 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
Congrats quadri...
Big ups to toyin ibotoye..

B4 pdp claim d victory.
APC CHANGE
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by SpinalCord: 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ilekeh:

No intention to insult please, but it seems you are the one that is not a Nigerian.

Anyway, anyone who can copy the post from the original site, should please do so, and paste the full details here. Thanks.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by nerodenero: 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
Winning the most prestigious award in Table Tennis ahead of the likes of China and Japan is no child's play.Wishing him the best in years ahead.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by blemon44(m): 11:47pm On Jan 07, 2015
good news
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by blemon44(m): 11:47pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ilekeh:

where are you from?

9 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by Oboma1(m): 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
Abeg.....FRONT PAGE....jare.

This is the kind of news that should always make front page, potraying our nation well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by Oboma1(m): 11:56pm On Jan 07, 2015
From my little investigation; all thanks and glory to GOD through Toyin Ibitoye (of Channels Tv), for the massive awareness campaign for people to vote this man, from the home front. He desrves it, looking at it from all angles. What a dive on ITTF rankings!

9 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by Smooyis(m): 12:17am On Jan 08, 2015
Congrats broda.
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by nerodenero: 12:25am On Jan 08, 2015
The 2014 exploits of Nigeria’s Aruna Quadri continued in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) after being named the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Star Player of the year.

At the colourful award ceremony that had respected table tennis players and administrators from around the world, Quadri claimed two awards ahead of players from Asia and Europe and becomes the first African to win the top prize.

The world’s number 30 ranked player was voted the Best Male player beating world number one, China’s Xu Xin and his compatriot, Fan Zhendong, who is the 2014 Youth Olympic Games gold medallist as well as Portugal’s Marcos Freitas, who is the 2014 European Team Championships winner and the first Portuguese player to be ranked top 10 in the world.

Also, Quadri’s crucial winning point against Olympics and World Champion, Jan Zhike of China at the 2014 ITTF World Cup was won the best in the Star Point category at the second edition of the award.

An elated Quadri described the achievement as the best in his career, while acknowledging the support he got globally from table tennis fans.

“This is the best day of my career and I want to thank the organizers for considering me for this. I also want to thank all my fans all over the world for their support because this is unbelievable for me and I promise to continue to work hard,” he said.

For the Female Star Player of the Year, China’s Ding Ning, 2014 ITTF Women’s World Cup winner and world number one defeated Feng Tianwei of Singapore, Kasumi Ishikawa of Japan and China’s Liu Shiwen, 2014 Asian Games champion to the award.

The ITTF Star Awards is the official awards ceremony organised by ITTF since 2013. It is the most prestigious award aimed at recognising, honouring and celebrating the stars of table tennis.
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/01/07/quadri-becomes-first-african-to-win-ittfs-top-prize/
SpinalCord:

No intention to insult please, but it seems you are the one that is not a Nigerian.
Anyway, anyone who can copy the post from the original site, should please do so, and paste the full details here. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by homesteady(m): 12:37am On Jan 08, 2015
I saw him playing on TV today, but I thought it was a past event!
Congrats to him!

1 Like

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by AbuMikey(m): 12:42am On Jan 08, 2015
Wow!!!!!!

World no 30 and still won the Star Player award!

I would say, Amazing!!!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by sigmundfreud(m): 12:45am On Jan 08, 2015
U mean the guy outsmashed the chinkos grin
Good start to a new year for the guy!
Next is to collect the Olympic gold from them.

4 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by SpinalCord: 12:46am On Jan 08, 2015
@ Nerodenero: Thanks for helping me with the full details here.

1 Like

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by decode55(m): 12:46am On Jan 08, 2015
Youtube link to the final game where he whooped the Chinese guy's _ass? Anyone?

1 Like

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by herald9: 12:50am On Jan 08, 2015
he's got Goodluck running in his veinssmiley

7 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by redvektor(m): 1:07am On Jan 08, 2015
thank God he won it I saw is playing skills yesterday on channels TV the guy good sha their is goodluck really running in his vain

3 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by SpinalCord: 6:33am On Jan 08, 2015
redvektor:
thank God he won it I saw is playing skills yesterday on channels TV the guy good sha their is goodluck really running in his vain

There is something about that guy, which is working for him.

1 Like

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 08, 2015
Wat a way to start his new year. Congrats
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by nerodenero: 7:22am On Jan 08, 2015
Thank you for thanking me
SpinalCord:
@ Nerodenero: Thanks for helping me with the full details here.

2 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by Enjoyment1(f): 7:51am On Jan 08, 2015
Front page things....
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by gbengalite(m): 8:19am On Jan 08, 2015
Good one
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by mummyson26(m): 8:21am On Jan 08, 2015
Good for him
Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by edesumpitor: 9:22am On Jan 08, 2015
Congrats to him.It's no mean feat.It's time Nigeria invested in other good sports.We've had more heartbreaks from football than the gains.We invest so much emotion and money on football that is not commensurate with the results.When will a Super Eagle's player be considered for individual top Awards at the world level? Big question.

5 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by Enjoyment1(f): 9:39am On Jan 08, 2015
edesumpitor:
Congrats to him.It's no mean feat.It's time Nigeria invested in other good sports.We've had more heartbreaks from football than the gains.We invest so much emotion and money on football that is not commensurate with the results.When will a Super Eagle's player be considered for individual top Awards at the world level? Big question.

You need to hear how other sports survive in this nation? It is just individual skills, and extreme brilliance from these guys. Our so-called ministers, are always ministers of FOOTBALL. The guy desrves all accolate...

3 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by franugo(m): 9:43am On Jan 08, 2015
Ilekeh:

guy dey listen 2 news no be just 2 watch africamagic n telemundo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by Big4wig(m): 9:43am On Jan 08, 2015
School just started this week and I'm already looking forward to the next break..

1 Like

Re: Aruna Quadri Wins ITTF Star Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 08, 2015
Trail Blazer.

Na this kind news we wan dey hear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sure Bet, Three Games Only!!! A MUST WIN / Daily 24/7 Free Virtual Football Prediction - Today VFL Tips / Birmingham 2022: Mercy Genesis Wins Gold In Women's Wrestling Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.