Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,643 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

5 Strong Reasons African Traditional Religion Is Better Than Orthodox Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Strong Reasons African Traditional Religion Is Better Than Orthodox Religion (603 Views)

Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Strong Reasons African Traditional Religion Is Better Than Orthodox Religion by saintopus(m): 4:42am On Jan 08, 2015
1. KARMA AND REINCARNATION[:
The mistakes of the Orthodox Religion of Christianity and Islam is their inability to teach their followers that "Cause and Effect " are very crucial and that one comes back to either pay or reap. This is very important in African Traditional Religion, which is able to curtail the evil and excesses of people. This is not so in the teachings of the orthodox religion which teaches that one need to believe to blot out former evil.

2. ATR DO NOT LOOK FOR FOLLOWERS
Africa Traditional Religion do not scout for followers. To me this is a strong point because why bother to sell a product people know of its importance? If not that you habour something of which you want to benefit from why go out for Jihad or Crusades and envagelism.? "No matter the advert placement on indomie, it can never outsell garri "
3. EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE JUSTICE DELIVERY :
African Traditional Religion promote speedy justice to be carried out. Justice delayed, they say is justice denied. This will curtail corruption in our polity. You can imagine if our politicians are made to take their Oath of Offices before the shrine of their village deities instead of with the Holy Bible or Holy Quran. Corruption would have been reduced drastically.

4 VERY ECONOMICAL TO PRACTICE :

African Traditional Religion is very economical to practice. No need for expensive temples, mosques or churches to be built. To take someone to its court, you need few pieces of kolanuts and local gin. Little wonder therefore it is called "Poor man Court "

5. GOOD FAMILY VALUES ARE ENCOURAGED :

Marriages contracted under African Traditional Religion seem to be more effective than our current orthodox religious marriages which are gradually becoming something else. Marry today divorse tommorrow.!!! Good family values of respect for elders and those in authorities are practiced in ATR.

Feel free to refute or agree.!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons African Traditional Religion Is Better Than Orthodox Religion by naturally: 5:06am On Jan 08, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons African Traditional Religion Is Better Than Orthodox Religion by starlingbawa(m): 6:39am On Jan 08, 2015
Well, I ve got to agree to an extent.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons African Traditional Religion Is Better Than Orthodox Religion by shutdownkaka22: 7:08am On Jan 08, 2015
I think this is right! I strongly agree with u on the aspect of traditional religion in politic because it will help reduce corruption to the minimum.

NIGERIAN WE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST IN THE WORLD

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons African Traditional Religion Is Better Than Orthodox Religion by NEWBIN: 7:15am On Jan 08, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

JOKE OF THE WEEK

ESPECIALLY POINT 4 grin grin grin
Re: 5 Strong Reasons African Traditional Religion Is Better Than Orthodox Religion by saintopus(m): 10:35am On Jan 08, 2015
starlingbawa:
Well, I ve got to agree to an extent.
To which extent?
Re: 5 Strong Reasons African Traditional Religion Is Better Than Orthodox Religion by saintopus(m): 10:38am On Jan 08, 2015
NEWBIN:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

JOKE OF THE WEEK

ESPECIALLY POINT 4 grin grin grin

Lol, but it is the truth na!! , lets I forget no expensive cloths needed. Infact in some shrine you do not need to wear even common slippers

(1) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Prophecy Video Goes Viral! / Do You Think Boko Haram Deserve God's Mercy? / Jesus Has Made You "The Way" - You're "The Way" Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.