Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Fasting And Sex.. The True Biblical Teaching. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting And Sex.. The True Biblical Teaching. (7324 Views)

MFM 2016 Annual 70 Days Fasting And Prayers Begins Today Monday 8th August / Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / Fasting And Sex.. The True Biblical Teaching. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasting And Sex.. The True Biblical Teaching. by chinoify: 6:30am On Jan 08, 2015
By the inspiration of the Holy Spirit I want address a controversial issue bedeviling most Christian homes during the time of fasting.
I got the message privately but decided to make it public, I no it might be affecting another family here. (married couples pls)
I pray God gives us understanding in Jesus name Amen.
The question is, Should couples have sex when fasting?? According to our standard of operations which is the Bible in First Corinthians 7:5 says: "Do not refuse and deprive and defraud each other [of your due marital rights], except perhaps by mutual consent for a time, so that you may devote yourselves unhindered to prayer. But afterwards resume marital relations, lest Satan tempt you [to sin] through your lack of restraint of sexual desire." (Amplified)
In this verse, God says very clearly:·
Do not avoid sexual intimacy unless it is for a time of prayer and fasting.·
Only avoid sexual intimacy if it is by agreement between both parties.·
If you jointly decide to have a time without sexual intimacy, limit it, so you don't fall into sexual temptation.
Don't think that you can take only one of these statements and use it by itself. God has made it clear that all three of these conditions must be met. Otherwise, any avoidance of sexual intimacy in your marriage is defrauding your spouse.
But I like to advice also that 1. If the man is on a dry fast and the woman is not fasting or on a partial fast, the man needs to cut the fast, attend to her marital needs n might decide to or not continue the dry.
2. There should be need for serious and open discussion in the home, don't assume because a fasting announcement was made in the church so he or she should assume that no more sex because of fasting. It's an error.
3. Moral teachings are very different from Biblical teachings, and at some issues morals are lifted from the Bible. It might be morally wrong to have sex and continue a fast, but it is biblicaly wrong to deny ur spouse.
4. A partner might decide to beg the the other to Pls wait till evening after breaking fast, if the partner agrees then he or she is free. If not it is a sin. Let's not hide under morality and sin.
1 Samuel 15:22 "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is betterthan the fat of rams.
Someone might ask, isn't fasting subjecting the will of the flesh?? Well God made mention of food and water. And placed a condition on fasting with ouWt sex. I didn't say it or misinterpret to suit me. I read in the Bible not from a pastor.
I have said it before, God is not interested in ur fast, he is after ur prayers and he says in 1 Peter 3:7 ESV, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.
So it is very clear here, if u are not in good terms don't even pray.
May God bless us as we put his words to practice in Jesus name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting And Sex.. The True Biblical Teaching. by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 08, 2015
Is this religious section?
Re: Fasting And Sex.. The True Biblical Teaching. by Mortiple(m): 7:00am On Jan 08, 2015
God bless you bro! I share your views completely.

1 Like

Re: Fasting And Sex.. The True Biblical Teaching. by Nutase: 9:37am On Jan 08, 2015
Thumbs up.

(1) (Reply)

The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time / I Will Embrace Death As An Atheist Any Time! What Is Afterlife? / Christ Restoration Bible Church International Celebrates 10th Anniversary In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.