Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) (38169 Views)

‘banker Hires Assassins To Kill Her Ex-husband In Lagos’ (pic) / Lady Was Given Indian Hemp And Raped After In Lagos (pic) / Man Dumps Human Head On The Road In Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by lalasticlala(m): 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
Client offered us N300,000, say suspected assassins

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested four suspected assassins for allegedly agreeing to kill a London-based Nigerian.

It was learnt that the suspects agreed to carry out the deed after they were promised N300,000 by their client.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the four suspects; Salami Afeez, Dare Akinyemi, Fatai Olunje and Taiwo Akinyemi; were apprehended in the Mushin area of the state on December 11, 2014, by operatives of the command’s Special Anti-Robbery Squad.

Our correspondent learnt that a police detective had gone undercover as a prospective client to be able to locate the hideout of the suspects.

The police revealed that the suspected assassins were hired to kill a Nigerian, who resided in London and was planning to visit home.

The police added that the cop, who contacted the gang, wanted to be sure that the gang had guns, and therefore asked them to produce their weapons, which the gang allegedly did.

Our correspondent learnt that the detective, however, led the police to arrest the gang members in their hideout before they could carry out the operation.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, 23-year-old Afeez said their client promised to pay the gang N300,000 for the assassination. He, however, denied that they had always been assassins, adding that they were only enticed by the money.

He said, “The client had not told us who the victim was. What he initially told us was that there was an election operation which we would carry out for a politician. He asked me to get more people to handle it. So, I got the other gang members.

“We planned everything with the client, who we simply refer to as chairman, at a beer parlour on Awawu Street, Mushin. Later on, when we were arrested, we got to know that one of those people we were dealing with was actually a detective.

“It was not that I worked as an assassin. I stay on Mustapha Street, Mushin, with my family where I work as generator repairer. I am also a cult member. I was initiated into the Aiye cult last year October. It was the money that enticed us. The chairman promised to give us N300,000 for the job.”

Also, Akinyemi, 31, said he was a drug trafficker before he was introduced to the gang. He added that he, however, had yet to partake in any operation with the members.

He said, “I stay in Mushin. I deal in drugs. It was Taiwo who said he had a group which wanted to carry out a lucrative operation, and I should be a part of it. I told them that I don’t indulge in armed robbery, but they promised me a huge part of the money.

“On the day we were arrested, we were about collecting the N300,000 payment. Taiwo and I went to a hotel lounge in Mushin, and that was where the police arrested us. I have never killed before. This is my first time. We intended to spend the money for Christmas.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that the third suspect, 43-year-old Olunje from Ilorin, Kwara Sate, was the one who supplied the guns to the gang. It was gathered that Olunje, who worked as a local security man, bought the guns in 2006 without a licence.

Kareem, 37, who also hailed from Kwara, said he was deceived into going on the operation, because their client, who only named himself as Chairman, made them believe he was a well-to-do politician.

Our correspondent learnt that the police had recovered three rifles and a locally-made gun from the suspects.

The Police spokesperson, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the arrest of the suspects, adding that investigations were ongoing.

He said, “The suspects have confessed to the crime. Investigation continues on the matter.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/client-offered-us-n300000-say-suspected-assassins/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by herald9: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2015

Hmmm...I'll just sit on the fence on this...Doesn't look intelligent to me...

albeit, nice work

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by thorpido(m): 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hmmmm.Guys coming from abroad always need to watch their back and code their movements.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by waleadex(m): 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
Thank God they are caught. Why would someone take killing for profession?

2 Likes

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by alabiyemmy(m): 4:05pm On Jan 08, 2015
herald9:
mtcheeew... For their mind now they want a clap at the back for a job well done when it's obvious what they did was very unintelligent -inducing a thief to carry out an act in other to arrest them...

Maybe they were looking for a way to bust them at their other crimes...But their approach sucks!

Now are they gonna indict them for attempted murder or drug trafficking or both?

Nigerian Police and their stewpeed ways sha

what wrong has d police done again?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by fijiano202(m): 4:11pm On Jan 08, 2015
Incarcerate them asap
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Baba419(m): 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
We are all mad here
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Deefuray(f): 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
300 thousand for a whole human being?
What kind of desperation for money is that?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by sban(m): 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
Chai. There's God oo
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by PerfumeRepublik: 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
Deefuray:

1 Like

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by englishmart(m): 5:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
killing for money is like denrele fighting with big show in a wrestling ring.

The reason is this "no amount of money is equivalent to a human's life
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by delishpot: 5:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
undecided this story confuse me o. The police hire people to kill then arrest them for wanting to kill?
Abi they are known hired killers who were wanted by the police and to drag them out of hidding the police sent an undercover to pose as client?
Let me believe the second option is the case.

19 Likes

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
P
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by tdayof(m): 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hmm life now worth #300,000
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by akinsadeez(m): 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
The story was not well written and does not really tally with the statement of one of the suspects. It seems a certain chairman had already contacted the suspects to take on the operation and the policeman only acted as an agent provocateur in pushing them to accept the deal. That was why the suspect referred to the detective as 'one of those we were dealing with'.
In any case, if they can accept the deal from an undercover detective to kill someone, it means that is the same way they will accept a deal from anybody. Wasting a human being's life for a mere 300,000 naira. people like these are better off in jail.

6 Likes

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by zigger(m): 8:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
Low class assasin collectin jst #300000 for assasination job
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by dre11(m): 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
Deefuray:

That's how people don't value life again

Just 300,000 to take a life

What a shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Deefuray(f): 10:49pm On Jan 08, 2015
dre11:

That's how people don't value life again

Just 300,000 to take a life

What a shame
Very shameful I must say
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by jeflexy(m): 10:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
Rip
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 09, 2015
Imagine 300k,for four people.

1 Like

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by priscaoge(f): 12:43am On Jan 09, 2015
Hungry looking He-idi-ots undecided undecided....

They should rot in jail undecided

1 Like

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by priscaoge(f): 12:45am On Jan 09, 2015
Reiyvinn:
P

P is for POLICE tongue
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 09, 2015
priscaoge:

P is for POLICE tongue

lol funny you
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by haibe(m): 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
END TIME THINGS
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by jingh(f): 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
300 000 for a human life

Poverty + greediness = thief/assassin
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by iluvweed(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
smiley
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Desperate Youths!
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Assailants! Hell is your destination. How on earth will you kill your fellow human being?. You are callous. But thank Goodness that you didn't waste the life of the innocent fellow. Nevertheless, you can still repent cos Almighty Allah is the Most Forgiving..

1 Like

Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by ifeelgood: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Police will release them but bokoharam wont. They should be on their way to Yobe.
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by DopeAngel(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by tiamiyukunle69(m): 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
Na was o. Just 300k. Wickedness at its peak
Re: Assassins Paid N300,000 To Murder London-Based Nigerian Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by santana45: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
300K to snuff off someone's life, even for any amount, people are stupid.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunman Opens Fire On Wedding Guests In Kano / Housewife Kills Husband To Remarry Ex-husband In Kebbi / Woman Charged For Raping A Pregnant Woman In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.