Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US (17386 Views)

Why APC Would Soon Disintegrate - Fayose / Nigeria Will Disintegrate Before Buhari's Very Eyes - Femi Fani-kayode / Nigeria’ll Disintegrate If Uwazuruike Is Arrested – MASSOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by Flye: 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2015
The United States Government has said there are no signs that Nigeria will disintegrate before, during or after the February general elections.

While explaining that Nigeria is facing “big challenges,” the US Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr. James Entwistle, stated that the problems at stake were surmountable.

According to the American envoy, Nigerians should “throw out of the window” the idea from “some think-tank or somebody outside the (US) government” stating that Nigeria would fall apart in 2015.

Entwistle spoke in Lagos on Thursday during an interactive session with journalists on the recent donation of a US naval ship, christened NNS Okpabana, to the Nigerian Navy.

The US diplomat said, “I have been plagued by the question (on Nigeria’s possible disintegration in 2015) and I have gone back to look and I can’t find any government report that said Nigeria would disintegrate in 2015. Maybe some think-tank or somebody outside the government said it; I don’t know.

“But in my opinion as the US Ambassador to this country, I am not worried in the least that Nigeria is going to disintegrate in 2015. Regardless of what someone may have said, the question is that we are now here in 2015: Do we see signs that Nigeria is going to disintegrate or fall apart or something? I don’t know what you think. But I don’t see those signs.

“But I see signs of growth, optimism and I see that to minimise the challenges that you have, in this life, you have to keep on keeping on and I think the future is quite bright.”

Entwistle added that if the Federal Government did what would need to be done in the coming years, especially as pertaining to “security, corruption and all of these things,” the future of Nigeria would be “very bright.”

He debunked the insinuation that the President Barack Obama administration has imposed “an arms embargo” on Nigeria following the reported refusal of the American government to sell Cobra helicopters to the Federal Government to prosecute the ongoing war against terrorism.

Citing human rights considerations for the development, Entwistle hinted that the US Diplomatic Mission to Nigeria, was “still talking about a number of other types of equipment and different types of helicopters that might be more appropriate” for the Nigerian military services.

Respecting human rights among the civilian population, he argued, should not be an impediment to fighting terrorism in the three north-eastern states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe.
http://www.punchng.com/news/no-signs-nigeria-will-disintegrate-in-2015-us/

2 Likes

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by Firefire(m): 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
[size=28pt]Reverse gear[/size]

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by Firefire(m): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
“But in my opinion as the US Ambassador to this country, I am not worried in the least that Nigeria is going to disintegrate in 2015. Regardless of what someone may have said, the question is that we are now here in 2015: Do we see signs that Nigeria is going to disintegrate or fall apart or something? I don’t know what you think. But I don’t see those signs.

[size=18pt]“But I see signs of growth, optimism and I see that to minimise the challenges that you have, in this life, you have to keep on keeping on and I think the future is quite bright.”
[/size]

Don't tell us, we know already. Thank you Dr. Goodluck Jonathan for the GROWTH.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by Flye: 5:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
See this funny picture.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by buskie13(m): 5:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
Firefire:

[size=18pt]“But I see signs of growth, optimism and I see that to minimise the challenges that you have, in this life, you have to keep on keeping on and I think the future is quite bright.”
[/size]

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by Realist5: 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
Even Americans can be clueless.

19 Likes

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by BRAV0O(m): 6:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
[quote author=buskie13 post=29612194][/quote] at this point, as at today not any sane person on this forum have that strong urge campaigning for Gej , if Gej himself is not behind this monicker then it as to be his close relative cus he's the only one that understand himself and give meaning to many of his goof statement!

Mind you ? Your doom is tic tac!

1 Like

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by BRAV0O(m): 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
Firefire:

[/size]

#iqouteu

at this point, as at today not any sane person on this forum have that strong urge campaigning for Gej , if Gej himself is not behind this monicker then it as to be his close relative cus he's the only one that understand himself and give meaning to many of his goof statement!

13 Likes

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by Firefire(m): 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
BRAV0O:
#iqouteu

at this point, as at today not any sane person on this forum have that strong urge campaigning for Gej , if Gej himself is not behind this monicker then it as to be his close relative cus he's the only one understand himself and give meaning to many of his goof statement!

Repent, Change your ways. Don't return yourself and your unborn children to slavery.

The best that can happen to Nigeria at the moment is Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.

Don't waste your vote.

I wish you well and enough.

Shalom!

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by buskie13(m): 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
Firefire:

Repent, Change your ways. Don't return yourself and your unborn children to slavery.

The best that can happen to Nigeria at the moment is Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.

Don't waste your vote.

I wish you well and enough.

Shalom!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by davdandam(m): 7:19am On Jan 09, 2015
N.a. wa o, so after the doomsday prophecies, refusal to sell arms Or sincerely help to fight terrorism, stoppage of oil imports from Nigeria and frustrating us with the gayy ish they don tire. ......never knew America could be this clueless also o reminds me of someone I know grin. Proudly a citizen of the most populous black country on earth smiley besides gej till I eat breakfast

3 Likes

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 09, 2015
So they've given up on that,a country that has been shouting to high heavens that great Nigeria would disintegrate since 2001.

Now they know words cannot just pull us apart,unlike some timid countries that would have given them the pleasure,by heeding to their stupid advice...

6 Likes

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 09, 2015
Now they tell us.

In a way....Nigeria breaking up = one big war for the resources to sell.

Because Nigeria has been dependent on revenues from selling the raw materials (of which oil is the most profitable.....it is a myth that Agric will save us)...we have produced a nation of people who cannot do anything without their share of the oil cake.

We have a weak education system that only trains people to pick up certificates, and half baked graduates because education is not that important to us. We reallly do not need education....except to keep certain things running. Because education really is not that important to us...the oil money will keep coming, whether we work hard....or sleep all day.

So....if we want to split up peacefully, or stay united peacefully.....whatever the Yanks say....we have to stop lying to ourselves that we are a rich nation,use education,innovation and industrial development to work for our money....and forget about oil. PDP and APC should stop abusing themselves and tell us what they intend to do to free us from oil.Because.....the longer we stay dependent on oil, the harder reforms like fiscal federalism, resource control.....and the harder economic prosperity will come to us.

So Nigerians.....make 2015 the year of our freedom from oil. Because....oil is a curse.

14 Likes

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by UltimatePals: 7:19am On Jan 09, 2015
Ok
Flye:
See this funny picture.

One day you'll grow up and understand the word "Photoshop".

3 Likes

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by freshness2020: 7:20am On Jan 09, 2015
Una don turn seer ba ? Always seeing the future!
We still pray to be One Nigeria we don't need your opinion!
..what happened to Libya won't happen here! We wise pass dat level!
Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 09, 2015
Good
Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by LMAyedun(m): 7:20am On Jan 09, 2015
Noted!
GEJ till 2019

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:20am On Jan 09, 2015
This. We. Know.
Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by BOBBYTRICK: 7:20am On Jan 09, 2015
Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by nicflame(m): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
Disintegrate of not, who gives a damn about what US thinks, it the likes of them that brought us to where we are right now, Solomakindes
Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by Toluchenko(m): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
By God's grace we won't disintegrate. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by Sunnycliff(m): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
US, u guys never cease to amuse me! So ur disintegration proposition is now defaulting baa? Pls Leave us Alone!

1 Like

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
Before nko?
Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by stinggy(m): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
We already know this ourself, but what's their concern?
We know they don't really care about us.

1 Like

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by jmoore(m): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
Amen!!
I laugh when some folks say that Nigeria will disintegrate. If Nigeria divides, it will not divide into 3, 4 or 5 countries. It will divide into more than 1,000 countries. Even your own village will declare independence.

The unity of Nigeria is non-negotiable.

One Nigeria!!!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by condralbede(m): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
America will knw....So all these they rumoured that we r going to disintegrate come 2015 r all mere guess.
Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by jingh(f): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
God has destroy their motives and plan for us.

God pass you USA (d wolf in sheep clothing)

ONE NIGERIA !

4 Likes

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by kurt09(m): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
Naija an indivisible entity.

1 Like

Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by eunisam: 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
us again
Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by macpetrus(m): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2015
Noted
Re: No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US by baybeeboi: 7:22am On Jan 09, 2015
America ontop our matter like never before.
Meanwhile,disintegration is not a very bad word

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vote APC Out If We Fail To Tackle Unemployment -Throwback Tweet Of Bukola Saraki / Muslim Group Hails Jonathan, Blames Northern Governors For Being Indifferent / 2019: How APC Would Hurt PDP – Makarfi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.