Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) (35381 Views)

Cameroonian General, Jacob Kodji Dies In Helicopter Crash / New Protest In London Over US Police Brutality against African Americans / US: Police officers Charged After Killing A White Homeless Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 09, 2015
Racism is a disease. Because I have black skin I dont deserve to be treated as human? This disease bad pass ebola

2 Likes

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Eniqurl(f): 7:31am On Jan 09, 2015
R.I.P
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by devigblegble: 7:32am On Jan 09, 2015
Truth hurts ( the manner these kids disrespect police officers is heartbroken , these cops are parents too, no one would love to be disrespected,) teach ur kids and give them better home training . RIP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by lightheart(m): 7:32am On Jan 09, 2015
RIP
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by musb92yahooco: 7:33am On Jan 09, 2015
As the presidential Election approaches remember these factors:
1. The Chibok Girls.
2. NNPC Scam.
3. Police pension fund.
4. Missing $20Billion.
5. $9million Arms deal.
6. Bomb Blasts.
7. Immigration job scam.
8. Petroleum pump price.
9. Dwindling external reserves
10. Oil theft.
11. Incessant Power outage.
12.ASUU & poly Strike.
13. Doctors' Strike.
14. National Assembly tragedy.
15. Stella's Oduah Aviation Scam
16. Kerosene subsidy
17. Near-empty Excess Crude Account

They Didn't Raise 21Billion for Ebola;
They Didn't Raise 21Billion for dilapidated hospitals;
They didn't raise 21Billion for Military Weapons against Boko Haram
They Didn't raise 21Billion for children dying of Vaccine preventable disease
They didn't raise 21Billion for the homeless>:O BUT they all gathered to raise 21Billion for another 4Years of INEPTITUDE. IMPUNITY, MEDIOCRITY AND BAD GOVERNANCE.
~:-) NO WAY!!! NO MORE!!!

3 Likes

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by temitopeal14: 7:34am On Jan 09, 2015
RIP
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:35am On Jan 09, 2015
crazysaint:
So this cute dude just get wasted? Shey if the tell dem say school for home, de say the want go abroad go skul in order to secure a better job now u see?? What is obama saying about this before i loose my temper

He's probably never stepped foot in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 09, 2015
PerfumeRepublik:

If he was about to be booked by cops in Nigeria and he became combative ; what do you think would have happened to him ?
RIP YoungBlood

Ouch.

2 Likes

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 09, 2015
musb92yahooco:
As the presidential Election approaches remember these factors:
1. The Chibok Girls.

The politics section is elsewhere on this site. Look for it.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by DaBullIT(m): 7:36am On Jan 09, 2015
They snuffed life out of him

Perhaps its another black kid being killed as it is what's trending in US

If they know his name , then they already had his medical record

He was killed because he became combative

BiPolar patients always have emergency record easily accessible by every enforcement agencies
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by 12large1: 7:38am On Jan 09, 2015
this just proves that nomatter how you behave or how you act good or bad you can always be portrayed as a thug when you die in the arms of law enforcement officials. if you look at the first report on this story, it is very different from when investigator and lawyers got involved he was almost described as a domestic abuser. as a man that went to pgcc college with this guy from 2009 to 2011 he was very calm, cool and collected very friendly and smilling I didn't even knew he had a bipolar disorder I hope they investigate the case properly and let justice be served. R.I.P matt black

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 09, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
This white people and d kind of drugs they take, It's sometimes too strong for somebody system.

Imagine dis cute guy reacting negatives to a prescription drug...Certain body system are not jst gud for certain strength of drugs.

RIP bro......So sad

While you are somewhat correct....the thing about taking drugs in mental illness is that the patient has to be willing to take the drugs. And many of these drugs have some unpleasant side effects....but they do work. Problem is mental patient may stop taking the drugs because 1) He/she does not like the side effects or 2) Thinks he/she is allright....ie does not have ''insight''....and does not need the drugs.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by amenna(f): 7:41am On Jan 09, 2015
RIP dear
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 09, 2015
devigblegble:
Truth hurts ( the manner these kids disrespect police officers is heartbroken , these cops are parents too, no one would love to be disrespected,) teach ur kids and give them better home training . RIP
What are you talking about. So because he disrepected a police man, his life shd be taken away from him? Is that how u treat your children at home? If you dont have anything reasonable to contribute you better dont comment.

2 Likes

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by abatically(m): 7:44am On Jan 09, 2015
jingh:
am very sure if na american kids that did that, he would be free like a wind

I don't understand u. Go to county jails and see lots of americans. This dude was 22, he's no longer a kid. Even teenagers are kept in remand homes. When u break the law u have to be arrested, this is not naija where u can easily bribe ur way out. If every law breaker is freed like u put it, then America will not be as peaceful as it is right now.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
They snuffed life out of him

Perhaps its another black kid being killed as it is what's trending in US

If they know his name , then they already had his medical record

He was killed because he became combative

BiPolar patients always have emergency record easily accessible by every enforcement agencies

I beleive that America has limited facilities for mentally ill people....as such, oftentimes it is the police who have to act as mental health professionals....which they are not. And this is not the first time such a disaster has happened.

Decades ago...he would have been confined. However...the trend in America for several decades has been towards community centric care for mentally ill people. As a result....he was taking the drugs on his own. And once he loses insight....ie thinks he does not need the drugs again (a common problem among mentally ill people)...disaster happens.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Coolguy89(m): 7:45am On Jan 09, 2015
ireneony:
They are going to dust this story the way they did to mike brown....
Racist white Americans undecided
May God help the black race cry
Ameen,Rip bro
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by redcliff: 7:49am On Jan 09, 2015
crazysaint:
So this cute dude just get wasted? Shey if the tell dem say school for home, de say the want go abroad go skul in order to secure a better job now u see?? What is obama saying about this before i loose my temper

Are you mad?

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by INCREDIBLEMIND(m): 7:50am On Jan 09, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
This white people and d kind of drugs they take, It's sometimes too strong for somebody system.

Imagine dis cute guy reacting negatives to a prescription drug...Certain body system are not jst gud for certain strength of drugs.

RIP bro......So sad
Are U a pharmacist in disguise
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by easy4beno(m): 7:54am On Jan 09, 2015
I must commend the actions taken on the supposed order to go on leave of the police officers, it clearly shows that for every action one takes, you will be held accountable for it, this is what I call an ideal situation; in a situation like this I do not think the young man should be isolated when it is obvious he needs medical help urgently as no sane man would go ahead and fight about three police officers at a go and even still cause more trouble at the police station..so logically the superintendents or officers got what they bargained for and I hope that Nigeria will get to that level someday where every public officer and everyone as a whole could be held accountable for their actions..

2 Likes

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Harmvirus(f): 7:54am On Jan 09, 2015
So sad.. RIP
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Daintilicious(f): 7:55am On Jan 09, 2015
You go fight police? RIP
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Suljosh: 7:55am On Jan 09, 2015
crazysaint:
did you even bother to read first before you comment?

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by iluvpomo(m): 8:03am On Jan 09, 2015
crazysaint:
your post just puts your ignorance and rather low reasoning power on full display

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by samplegirl(f): 8:03am On Jan 09, 2015
fr3do:
When did Nigerians start having this bipolar disorder?

My brother MANY Nigerians are suffering from that disorder but to us 'e no mean anything' If our ilnness is not malaria and typhoid, it is no problem.

How many Nigerians have ever taken drugs for DEPRESSION? But many depressed individuals are occupying big offices and their actions and inactions will confirm that they are depressed and need to be in homes.

11 Likes

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by dljbd1(m): 8:04am On Jan 09, 2015
Shit! My exact name sake undecided
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by iluvpomo(m): 8:04am On Jan 09, 2015
Suljosh:
did you even bother to read first before you comment?
dont mind him. Even scarier is the fact that he will be voting ...

2 Likes

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 09, 2015
crazysaint:

And what happens to Schizros in Nigeria and especially if dealing with your yeye police?

At least he seemed to have died in his sleep in the US instead of from the barrel of a rusty soviet era rifle in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria- South Africa F A Q s / China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait / 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.