Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) (34830 Views)

'Toyo Baby' - Is Olayode Juliana The Hottest Actress In Nollywood Below 30? / Sexiest Nollywood Actors In 2017 (Photos) / World’s Most Admired Men (+photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by priscaoge(f): 9:10am On Jan 09, 2015
By Aderonke Adeyeri

Hate them or like them. They are among the very few popular faces that adorn our TV screens you cannot help but admire unconditionally. From Pete Edochie to Olu Jacobs and Mike Ezuruonye, we bring to you some of the rare actors have become household names in the country and beyond.

Pete Edochie
*Peter Edochie, alive and well
VETERAN actor, Pete Edochie came to limelight after playing Okonkwo in Chinua Achebe’s classic novel turned-serial-movie, ‘Things Fall Apart.’ He is considered one of Africa’s most talented actors, having featured in, over 500 films. A seasoned administrator and broadcaster, Edochie, whose second son, Yul Edochie is also one of the most sought after actors in Nollywood has paid hie dues. Pete Edochie is a man who commands respects in Nigeria and around the world, known to be a mean and no-nonsense actor in his roles. Many of his fans believes that he is like that in real life and this contributes to why he is admired by all.

Majid Michel
IN secondary school, Majid was actively involved in acting being a member of the school’s Drama Club; he received the Best Actor Award in one of their performances on Emancipation Day in Cape Coast, Ghana. Afterwards, he enrolled in the Academy of Screen Arts which is affiliated with Ashesi University. He was invited by a director of a modelling agency cum producer to participate in a TV series titled ‘Things We Do For Love’. He got the name Shaker from that set. This TV series marked the beginning of his success in the movie industry. His first movie titled ‘ Divine Love’ also shot him up the ladder of success and made him a household name in Ghana. Stella Damascus recently wrote on Instagram, @majidmichelmm is the best actor to ever come out of Africa as far as I am concerned.

Mike Ezuruonye
MIKE Ezuruonye has written his name in the annals of Nigerian movie history. The handsome, fair complexioned actor, who also is a brand ambassador of Airtel, has won several awards since he joined the industry. Not only that his good looks has opened many doors for him in Nigeria and beyond but also his creativity and style of delivery has made him the viewers choice especially among the ladies. When he travelled to United States US, a woman from Trinidad and Tobago got a shirt and put it on the ground and said to me, ‘please Mike, just touch the shirt for me and I promise I’m going keep it, I’m not washing it. That was so deep for me, he confessed in an interview.

Olu Jacobs
OLUDOTUN Baiyewu Jacobs popularly known as Olu Jacobs is one of the veterans in Nollywood. He is an international superstar that has worked with international actors like Jean Claude van Damme. He has also become the favourite for elderly roles in the industry. Olu Jacobs’s charisma and manner of delivery in Nollywood movies cannot be rivalled by other actors, even his baritone voice also add some uniqueness to his mastery of the profession and why he will always be relevant in the industry.

DESMOND ELLIOT
ACTOR turned-politician, Desmond Oluwashola Elliot is an actor, you
cannot help, but admire unconditionally. He has starred in over two hundred films and a number of television shows and soap operas.
He won best supporting actor in a drama at the 2nd Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards and was nominated for best supporting actor at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Award. He has also won several awards for his directorial work in the film industry. Elliot is also an ambassador and sponsor for the “Face of Hope” project.
The project is best known for their campaign to eliminate child illiteracy both in Nigeria and Africa at large. Desmond seems to prospering in every field. He has just won the APC primary for the Lagos House of Assembly and he’s looking forward to becoming a law maker.

Kunle Afolayan
The handsome dude, Kunle Afolayan cannot be excluded from the list of admired Yoruba entertainers because his vast achievements not only in Nigeria but in the whole of Africa. His recent celebrated movie,October 1, top the classic cinemas nationwide. It could be said that the film came with great promises, as, prior to its release. Its trailer won the Best Fiction Film Trailer at the International Movie Trailers Festival in 2013, while Afolayan himself received two awards; the ‘Creative Entrepreneur in Film making‘ and ‘Overall Creative Entrepreneur‘ by the British Council in Nigeria. Kunle became relevant in the industry in 2005,and since then he has produced many award winning films such as “Irapada”, “The Figurine” , “Phone Swap” which featured Nse Ikpe Etim. The latest of his works, “October 1” is currently making waves at the cinemas across the country.

Jide Kosoko
THE name Jide Kosoko is a household name in the movie industry. Jide Kosoko came to
prominence through television as a member of Awada kerikeri theater group, which had a successful series on television. He also produces and directs films. What he has going for him is that he has successfully made a cross over doing both English and Yoruba films. The veteran actor top the list, due to the huge success he has recorded in the movie industry which earned him numerous awards both local and at international level. With multinational endorsements coming from many multinational companies has placed him on top of his games. Jide Kosoko was born on January 12, 1954 in Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/admired-actors-nollywood/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by enoqueen: 9:11am On Jan 09, 2015
Really?
Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 09, 2015
Who gives a hoot abt Desmond Elliot

Mschew!

8 Likes

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by priscaoge(f): 9:14am On Jan 09, 2015
MIKE EZURUONYE

OLU JACOB

DESMOND ELLIOT

KUNLE AFOLAYAN

6 Likes

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by priscaoge(f): 9:15am On Jan 09, 2015
JIDE KOSOKO

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by priscaoge(f): 9:16am On Jan 09, 2015
AmberQueen:
Who gives a hoot abt Desmond Elliot

Mschew!

Babe na fight? cheesy cheesy

Wetin de guy do u? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by kilokeys(m): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2015
kunle afolayan and desmond for me

3 Likes

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 09, 2015
I admire Pete edochie ...I don't admire any of the youngiez.
..yeayea, I am wired like that ; easily attracted to my ancestors. grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by naijaboiy: 9:18am On Jan 09, 2015
My MB cry

7 Likes

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 09, 2015
priscaoge:

Babe na fight? cheesy cheesy

Wetin de guy do u? cheesy

The dude is annoyin... Wit short fingers. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by priscaoge(f): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
I admire Pete edochie ...I don't admire any of the youngiez.
..yeayea, I am wired like that ; easily attracted to my ancestors grin

*Falls from a tomato tree* cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by priscaoge(f): 9:25am On Jan 09, 2015
naijaboiy:
My MB cry

What happened to it? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't be stingy angry angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by naijaboiy: 9:27am On Jan 09, 2015
priscaoge:

What happened to it? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't be stingy angry angry angry angry angry angry
This pictures don chop am embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by haryormeedeh(f): 9:32am On Jan 09, 2015
kunle Afolayan does it for me, I enjoy Olu Jacobs and Majid Michel too

1 Like

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by freshness2020: 9:53am On Jan 09, 2015
priscaoge:
MIKE EZURUONYE

OLU JACOB

DESMOND ELLIOT

KUNLE AFULAYAN
Mike my Numero Uno!
Op ♈όϋ wan murder person name ?, na Afolayan
Unless ♈όϋ remix to Ifunayan!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
So on point.
I admire them alot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by priscaoge(f): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
freshness2020:

Mike my Numero Uno!
Op ♈όϋ wan murder person name ?, na Afolayan
Unless ♈όϋ remix to Ifunayan!

cheesy cheesy cheesy Omo no vex,that one no be my mother tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by freshness2020: 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2015
priscaoge:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Omo no vex,that one no be my mother tongue cheesy
...no be our tongue either! grin.
*smiles*

2 Likes

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by martincbarton: 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
hmmmmm

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by gistmelove(m): 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
ok

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by juliusocean(m): 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
I hear
Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
Following bumper 2 bumper
Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by santicruz: 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
Na yeleousy na
Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
Good Majid Michael made the list8-)8-)
Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by PerfumeRepublik: 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
Where's Kenneth Okonkwo?

1 Like

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by dollarlander: 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
Desmond idio.t ooh sorry Desmond Elliot

1 Like

What of NKEM OWOH

7 Likes

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by Maczeelly(m): 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
Great
Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by jingh(f): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
is majid in nollywood ?

catwalk out of thread

3 Likes

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
What about NKEM OWOH

1 Like

Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by Akshow: 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
ok
Re: Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) by Kenneth205(m): 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
All Guys must pray with me!!

(1) My father my Father! Anywhere any girl is planning to use me as a MUGU, God destroy her plans!

(2) Oh God! Any girl that is using her breast to confuse my destiny, Holy Ghost fire! Born them

(3) Any girl that has vowed that she would never date me, God make her to see me taking her 4 shopping in her dream.!

(4) Any girl that has slept with 5 different men including me and wants to tie me down with pregnancy that is not mine, God make her forget my name!

(5) Any girl that am dating and calls me only to tell me her BIS/AIRTIME has expired.. Oh Lord.. Divert her calls to kidnappers.

Amencheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Man Has Changed My Life Forever- Selena Gomez Gushes About Rema / Fan Insults Chioma Akpotha On Instagram, Omoni Oboli Comes To Her Rescue / Fans Blast Paul Okoye For Shading Brother, Peter’s Wife, Lola Omotayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.