Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US (32445 Views)

A South African Lady Condemns Attack On Nigerians, Calls Them Nice People / Edo Girl Hustling In Russia Warns Nigerians Back Home (Video) . / Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by TheCongo2: 1:27am On Apr 20, 2017
Ugosample:

Hmmm
Such is life
BTW can you still speak French very well?

Of course I use French on a daily basis given that I am a Canadian Citizen.
I live in Canada now
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by MMotimo: 6:58am On Apr 20, 2017
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 26, 2018

The guy just dey yarn and yarn,na who wear shoe no where the shoe they pain am, so many young Nigerian graduates with good degrees roaming the street daily to see if they can find a job, many have been home for 5, 6 or even 7years without any reasonable offer, so if the person see where to bail out , so he go dey form yeye patriotism for naija when most of our politicians, religious leaders well to do individuals etc have relocated there families and loved ones abroad, abeg make dem leave matta for matthias.....if u have the opportunity to bail out, u better do it fast,Nigeria is a fvcked up country....a country where people are hungry and the president and his cronies raised 21billion naira for an election they will rig and select themselves into position... undecided

God bless u for dis comment
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Ugosample(m): 6:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
walex57:
I have been on some social media forums where there are a lot of Nigerians and the moment you tell them you stay abroad especially in the US, they suddenly attack you and call you a liar. Some will even request your number so that they can confirm, some will blatantly curse you out. Also when you try to contact some old friends and keep in touch, they either say you are posing for them and if you don't keep in touch that much, they will say you have changed. Why are Nigerians that way?

na hardship bro.

even the so called middle class are bleeding in that country

I spoke to my cousin the other day, and once again, school fees has been increased exorbitantly for this September session grin cheesy

What of feeding and other bills?
.in that theur state, it's natural for them to act irrational
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by ccollins(m): 9:41am On Sep 16, 2018
aariwa:
@justwise i am talking about myself and not you or Nigeria.I can only pray for my friends and relatives,if you like pray for nigeria thats your cup of tea.I stay @both Anambra and Akwa Ibom and both places are safe.Before my call to bar i had wanted to migrate to AMERICA thinking life was easier there but now i know better.Check my posts and you will find out that i am not only into litigation but property sales and management.Last week we sold a property @Akaa road Uyo for a client and the money i added to the purchase +my commission was close to 17M.What kind of legitimate business can pay you that kind of money in U.K or U.S cos i know that most of us there did not travel for tourism sake.
bro,add me up.i am also a lawyer.. my email is collins4reall@gmail.com.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by WORLDPEACE(m): 5:33am On Jan 13, 2019
momoyama:

What do you mean by asking what I am trying to 'achieve'? I am interested in visiting Nigeria and I have a special interest in it. I just do not like those who use the 'travel' section of this site (which I thought was about travel to Nigeria and by Nigerians to other countries) to attack the country and repeat ignorant stereotypes in order to keep people from visiting. I do not want to get into arguments about things that I admittedly do not know, but when people talk in extremes and with exaggeration, it is difficult not to comment. I certainly will visit Eko. As to hotels, I have a Nigerian friend here whose cousin owns a hotel in Ikeja, but I am tempted to stay in the Radisson Blue, where my Nigerian employee here has worked in the past and recommends. Wherever I actually stay, I will make sure I see the city and experience it in its entirety.

Been reading some of your posts. I like your comments. Have you eventually visited Nigeria?

What was your experience like?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by IbeOkehie: 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2023
StealthyMe:

I don't think that mentality would change anytime soon undecided
Majority have this notion of the US or London being a sort of paradise embarassed

Wow, I love finding these old threads and seeing how conventional opinions have panned out. Looking here 8 years later and the notion of the US & UK as paradise seems justified when compared to Nigeria. grin

Good Luck to Nigerians!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

4 Staff Of Akwa Ibom Newspaper Die In Accident While Returning From Wedding / The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now / Groom's Parents, Siblings, Others Die In Fatal Accident After Wedding In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.