Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,783 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... (26341 Views)

Who Is The Real Originator Of These Popular Words -igbos Or The Yorubas. / Ekiti As The Largest Subgroup Of The Yorubas / To The Yorubas, Have You Ever Been Told To Ask For Arodan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by Laitesmart(m): 7:58am On Jan 10, 2015
I was relaxing yesterday in my room when a child came in with a message from his mum asking him to come collect the ARODAN his mum gave to me. I couldn't stop laughing after sending the boy on his way as he just took me down the memory lane.

Well. Yoruba parents can be funny at times. They sometime send their errant children on mission impossible in a futile search quest.

When we were still young and highly stubborn or disturbing... Our parent would always use the ARODAN approach to get us busy... They would always ask us to go and collect ARODAN from somebody. On getting there, the person will redirect you to another person who will in turn redirect you to another person till you get all tired since ARODAN is the only Yoruba word that has no meaning used to punish erring or disturbing children.

The last time I was sent on such mission... I suffer ooo!!! I was redirected close to twelve times before the last man took pity on me and ask me to go tell my mum that he would send it thru his child.

What was your own ARODAN experience?

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by Beamborla(f): 8:08am On Jan 10, 2015
Lol... my mum sent me on such errand once and I was lucky the woman told me to sit down while she prepares the 'Arodan'... I woke up later in the day in my house.
The one that really got me was in secondary school, I was still a JJC in the hostel then. One senior sent me to collect a book titled 'YOUR JOURNEY WILL NEVER END' hmmmm...I waka that day no be small

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by Laitesmart(m): 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
Beamborla:
Lol... my mum sent me on such errand once and I was lucky the woman told me to sit down while she prepares the 'Arodan'... I woke up later in the day in my house.
The one that really got me was in secondary school, I was still a JJC in the hostel then. One senior sent me to collect a book titled 'YOUR JOURNEY WILL NEVER END' hmmmm...I waka that day no be small

That must hav bin d english version

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 11, 2015
Hmmmm.my parents know me better..letting vet past the gate is asking for trouble.. i was locked in my room some days after lunch from school up till 6 when it was time for kids to enter their houses.. send me aimless message.. at your own peril grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by Ishilove: 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
voltron:
Hmmmm.my parents know me better..letting vet past the gate is asking for trouble.. i was locked in my room some days after lunch from school up till 6 when it was time for kids to enter their houses.. send me aimless message.. at your own peril grin grin
So you're Yoruba? grin
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
Ishilove:

So you're Yoruba? grin
with Ibo Blood
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by Nobody: 2:34am On Jan 15, 2015
cheesy cheesy
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by hazyfm1: 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
NOT INTERESTED
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by agarawu23(m): 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
en grin I was in boarding school then but it took me so long bfore I realized 'arodan ' is just to make u start asking for what doesn't exist from different ppl cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by meshacha1: 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
Sorry for your ignorance, I hope you won't do that to your children.
Anyway my parent never send me such message.
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by onyeguy: 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
Ok
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by LoveMEBaby(m): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
guy my own ARDODA story long gaaann oooooooooooooooooooo..
Maybe another day sha
**just passing**
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by Firefire(m): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
grin

Nigerians shall send Buhari to go and collect '2015 ARODAN' in China come failbuhari.

btw: I can't remember my parent sending me to go collect arodan at anytime, won le ran mi lo si far distance shop to see how business is going, maybe that is their own arodan. are they planning any thing lipsrsealed before sending children on arodan mission ??

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by tuffgongjo(m): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
I can't forget one saturday that one yeye senior use A̶̲̥̅♏ dabaru my settings for Christ's school,cry sef no gree come that day.
From one hostel to another na so my "Arodan" journey dey carry me waka.

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by LoveMEBaby(m): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
Laitesmart:
I was relaxing yesterday in my room when a child came in with a message from his mum asking him to come collect the ARODAN his mum gave to me. I couldn't stop laughing after sending the boy on his way as he just took me down the memory lane.

Well. Yoruba parents can be funny at times. They sometime send their errant children on mission impossible in a futile search quest.

When we were still young and highly stubborn or disturbing... Our parent would always use the ARODAN approach to get us busy... They would always ask us to go and collect ARODAN from somebody. On getting there, the person will redirect you to another person who will in turn redirect you to another person till you get all tired since ARODAN is the only Yoruba word that has no meaning used to punish erring or disturbing children.

The last time I was sent on such mission... I suffer ooo!!! I was redirected close to twelve times before the last man took pity on me and ask me to go tell my mum that he would send it thru his child.

What was your own ARODAN experience?
ARODAN=====>>>> ENDLESS JOURNEY

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by princesuko(m): 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
Mine wAs when i was in high school...

My mum sent me to bring arodan....

But the woman pitied me and asked me to sit down.... I waited for some hours...

Nobody told me before i went to play playstation.....
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by Barselonia(m): 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
ARODAN Or EWE JOKOJE
....Arodan is use in the olden days to caution small children without them knowing... for example, maybe a small boy is disturbing her mama, his mama would just say "go to uncle kunle and collect ARODAN for me ".....
o boy That is the last thing for the boy That day ooo.... He go just sit down with uncle kunle throughout the day without him knowing Why He is sitting down...

very soon BUHARI would send GEJ to OTUOKE to collect ARODAN........ journey of no return....
quote me

30 Likes

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by nwaobitex: 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
I was here

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by tlops(m): 6:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
Haha ha... Hmm
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
I was never sent, but I've sent other children. Chai! Ki l'omode mo ju ko ma yii tyre?

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by hannysur8(m): 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
My mother will send me to iya Muri, she will tell me to go and collect Omotoyiogbon ....d woman will just beat me like die at time she will give me serious punishment.

4 Likes

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by ogaofficer(m): 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
O boy no be small thing o o. . . The VICTIM felt like cryin. Gone are those days when children were humble coupled with full respect for elders whereby they can be order around anyhow. If you try that with kids of nwadays you wont like the look on their face esp the females. Some kids will be like "what the mess is ARODAN"

4 Likes

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by celeron40(m): 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
gringrin growing up!
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by condralbede(m): 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
I just they observe who his/her own "ARODAN"go funny me pass.let's roll my Yoruba peeps.
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by AbuMikey(m): 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
I was never a stubborn Kid, at home
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by Akshow: 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
ok
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by imsuboi(m): 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
Huh?
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by scribble: 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2015
say no to child abuse
Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by psychologist(m): 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2015
[/b] what other arodan journey is greater than buhari's own

grandpa has been on arodan journey since 2009 and will still be till 2019..[b]

9 Likes

Re: The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... by XwhY(m): 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2015
Ohhhh. Story..... Storyyy. Once upon a time, I was stubborn and stupid but now I'm gentle and wise. My elder brothers really frustrate me back then with this endless journey.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From Omabe Festival In Nsukka, Enugu State. / Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance / Chuogo Okoye Slumps And Dies (Eze Ndigbo Of Agege, Lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.