Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) (44738 Views)

5-Year-Old Girl Celebrates Her Father's Birthday With A Written Letter/Song / Father Forces 13-Year-Old Daughter To Marry 56-Year-Old Man With 3 Wives In Kano / A Young Girl, 5, Wanders From Mushin To INEC Office Yaba Says Her Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by lalasticlala(m): 9:09am On Jan 10, 2015
Dad Allows Man Who Gang-Raped 13-Year-Old Daughter Wed Her In Kano
...wedding date fixed

The father of a 13-year-old girl who was allegedly gang-raped by four youths has finally succumbed to the bizarre request of one of the assailants who controversially sought the hand of the victim in marriage.

Kano State Hisbah Board’s Dala Command had last month arrested four youths over the allegation that they gang-raped a 13-year-old girl (name with held) at Tudun Rubudi, Ungogo local government in Kano State. Sani Isa, Usaini Ja’afar, Jamilu Sani and Isa Musa were all found naked at an uncompleted building shortly after they forcefully had carnal knowledge of the girl, according to eyewitness accounts.

After interrogation, Hisbah officials said, three of the suspects confessed that they had actually raped her after one of them had lured her where the assault took place. But mild drama ensued when Ja’afar was facing the Hisbah’s interrogation and he pleaded to marry the girl, begging her father to give his blessings.

Weekly Trust spoke with the father of the victim, Malam Ya’u, who agreed reluctantly to speak.

“We were searching for the whereabouts of my daughter when we received the sad news. Being a mechanic, I was at my garage when the Hisbah called me. I couldn’t believe what I heard,” he said.

Malam Ya’u said he felt cheated, thus his desire to go to court. “But when all of them showed remorse, especially the one pleading to marry her, Ja’afar, I decided to temper justice with mercy,” he said.

To show he was serious about his marriage proposal, Ja’afar has since introduced his family to that of his victim, according to the girl’s father.

“He came with his uncle, who it turned out I already knew and had a cordial relationship with,” Malam Ya’u told Weekly Trust. “So I accepted the request and will marry her off to him. In fact, the date for the wedding has been fixed since. I decided to allow him marry the girl because our consultations with our Malams (Islamic clerics) showed that there is nothing wrong about that,” Malam Ya’u said.

He added that he’ll accept Ja’afar as son-in-law wholeheartedly, even after initially rejecting the proposal, considering the gravity of the offence that the alleged rapists committed. Ya’u said: “After pleas from all angles, I succumbed.

However, we haven’t taken chances, ensuring she undergo medical tests. Results have shown that she’s OK.”

Ya’u also had a meeting with Ja’afar, his future son-in-law. “I told him the implication of what he’s done and advised him to become a more responsible person who would be useful to himself and society,” he said.

Kano-based Islamic scholar Sheikh Fadlu Dan Almajiri Fagge has said that Islam does not have any quarrel with a rapist marrying his victim, provided certain conditions are met. “First, the girl has to observe Istibira’i, a month period to ensure absence of pregnancy. The girl should not also be among those prohibited for the rapist. Provided those conditions are met, marriage can take place with the consent of the girl and her parents.”

But while he said the sin of committing zina (adultery) and its punishment would be there for the rapist, “That cannot stop the marriage.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/weekly/index.php/new-news/18686-dad-allows-man-who-raped-daughter-wed-her
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 10, 2015
OMG! either the man z a heartless n wicked imbe or he z a really foolish being!
thats rly bad!
I feel sorry 4 d gal.
FTC! grin frontpage things!

7 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by borntosave: 9:11am On Jan 10, 2015
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by joe17: 9:12am On Jan 10, 2015
Imagine!!!

1 Like

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 10, 2015
She is 13 cry cry cry

Does she want to get married to her ra*pist? cry cry cry cry

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by eleojo23: 9:14am On Jan 10, 2015
What is this?
Marry her off just like that? And if we later hear that she killed the man, she will be sentenced to death.
These people should stop pushing these kids to the wall for God's sake. angry

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by lalasticlala(m): 9:14am On Jan 10, 2015
This is strange, preposterous & appalling.

Nawa ooooo!!!

9 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by TheMadame(f): 9:18am On Jan 10, 2015
Just like that?
Were the thoughts and feelings of the 13(thirteen)year old victim of this gang rape taken into consideration,while all these wedding plans are going on.

15 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by remsonik(f): 9:21am On Jan 10, 2015
Some Muslims are terrorists!!! Smh even to his own daughter, if she mix rat poison for the guy tomorrow then they will ask for the girl's head. I bet the child will always have nightmares in that marriage. She's even suppose to be in school she's 13 for Christ sake!!!

42 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by AbuMikey(m): 9:23am On Jan 10, 2015
'

Some Men are even More Clueless than our President as they say gringringrin.

9 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 10, 2015
Bullshit angry
How much did the man offer to pay the father undecided

4 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by anthoniaz(f): 9:29am On Jan 10, 2015
Speechless lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Caveatemptor(m): 9:31am On Jan 10, 2015
Just watch,some sickos will come on this thread to blame this thirteen year old child for allowing herself to be gang raped.
They will use religion to justify the stupidity of the father for forcing a girl who should be in school into an unprepared marriage.
Depraved country.

24 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by IamDejman(m): 9:32am On Jan 10, 2015
To all insulting the man. Take a look from this angle

His daughter was raped. Under Islamic parlance, she might possibly not get married cos of that lingering issue on her. Since the rapist decided he would marry her, the father was happy that the shame would soon be over and therefore agrees provided there isn't any use of pregnancy in a month.

Note: the rapist in the afterworld would have his punishment cos of direct contravention to the forbidden act he committed (Haram)

#ProudlyChristianThough wink

31 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by lurther: 9:39am On Jan 10, 2015
what is our world turning into?

2 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 10, 2015
Caveatemptor:
Just watch,some sickos will come on this thread to blame this thirteen year old child for allowing herself to be gang raped.
They will use religion to justify the stupidity of the father for forcing a girl who should be in school into an unprepared marriage.
Depraved country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Esthelle(f): 9:43am On Jan 10, 2015
and you wonder why some children run away from home. Imagine the trauma of living daily with rhe one who molested you. Rat poison may come in handy with time.

17 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Redoil: 9:44am On Jan 10, 2015
That is the worst form of punishment ever given to a man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by PerfumeRepublik: 9:45am On Jan 10, 2015
Lol..Sick tale.very sick tale.
Folks tend to defend religion ASAP. But can't defend their daughters. SMH

4 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Redoil: 9:46am On Jan 10, 2015
Esthelle:
and you wonder why some children run away from home. Imagine the trauma of living daily with rhe one who molested you. Rat poison may come in handy with time.
why u wicked like this abi them tell u say the gurl no enjoy am?
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by fijiano202(m): 9:47am On Jan 10, 2015
am confused ooo....how can he allow the rapist to marry her....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by lilmax(m): 9:49am On Jan 10, 2015
13? smh, some people just need slap

2 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by lilmax(m): 9:50am On Jan 10, 2015
LuckyLadolce:
how sir?
can't you see what's happening?

3 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Spamola: 10:02am On Jan 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Redoil: 10:03am On Jan 10, 2015
lurther:
what is our world turning into?
home video

1 Like

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by jeflexy(m): 10:04am On Jan 10, 2015
strange!!!! Am doubting if the girl is really his daughter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by ifyalways(f): 10:11am On Jan 10, 2015
Religion?

It makes me sick to my stomach. angry

2 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by Hedybee(f): 10:12am On Jan 10, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) by elantraceey(f): 10:25am On Jan 10, 2015
I pity for that girl o sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

19-year-old Boy Won N38 Million Bet ,his Father Insists He Return The Money / Woman Who Suffered To Give Birth To A 4.2kg Baby Celebrated By Brother (Photos) / I Just Had My Third Child, Congrats To Me - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.