Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,841 members, 7,806,364 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers (18823 Views)

How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres / 13 Basic Driving Ethics Nigerian Drivers Don’t Practice / Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by valmunich(m): 10:07am On Jan 10, 2015
6 Types of Nigerian drivers
Please note that this discourse is not a generalization. In other words, it doesn’t necessarily mean that these are the exact type of people you’ll meet using the Nigerian road daily, we might have different opinions about this and hence, you’re free to add yours. Here are the types of people you’re probably going to meet while using a Nigerian road from my experience.
1. The learners
The first category is the learners. These set of people are usually slow and always stay at a particular side of a lane so as to make space for other oncoming drivers that will be overtaking them because of ‘speedophobia’ grin They barely know a thing about using the road. They usually don’t seem to understand or use most important road signals. Some in this category instead of using the learner sign, they’ll choose not to because they feel it’s degrading.
2. The meticulous drivers
This category comprises mostly of old men and few women. They strive towards perfection while using the road. They barely overtake any vehicle and when they do, it’s probably all these slow trailers and tankers. They always strive to maintain an average speed and wouldn’t mind if they are overtaken by lots of vehicles. Almost every dad and old people falls in this category. cheesy
3. The rough riders/speeders
This category consists mainly of young boys, usually drunks with their flashy cars who think they’re in the fast and furious movie or they’re a driver in the need for speed game. They drive to overtake every other road user like it’s a car racing with loud music emanating from their vehicle. This category runs into the risk of road accidents mostly.
4. The road greeters
An annoying category of road users that will stop their vehicles on the lane just to start exchanging greetings or passing information instead of parking by the side of the road hence, blocking other oncoming vehicles and the more annoying part is that people will be complaining and shouting at the duo, they still will act deaf and continue conversing. angry angry
5. The unnecessarily slow pokes
This is the most annoying category of all. This category just slows their vehicles in an expressway just for nothing sake making every other vehicle following them to maintain the same speed with their vehicle till you find a space to overtake them. I once had an experience that made me feel like going back to ram the dude’s trunk. I was patiently waiting for this guy for about five minutes, when I had the chance to overtake, I decided to steal a look and see why the guy was maintaining that kinda speed on an expressway. Guess what?? It was nothing! The brother was rather busy licking bananas and nodding his silly head to the car music. angry
6. The stoppers
This category derives joy in stepping on their car brakes unnecessarily. They step on their brakes even when the need is not there and it is more annoying when you’re directly following the vehicle on an expressway because (S)he will keep showing you the brake light and sometimes will stop abruptly and before you can interpret the signal, you’re already in collision with the bumper probably because of the speed you were maintaining. sad
Please, you guys should try and forgive my diction. I’m not a pro at this unlike my bro Tosyne2much tongue and please don’t hesitate to add yours. Don’t stop the fun!

Cc kachisbarbie

24 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Gozieekenkwo(m): 10:22am On Jan 10, 2015
Nyc write up...brb

#modify

jesus christ...were am i, cant blive this...

#pull shirt, pull singlet, pull trouser, pull boxes, runs outside naked...

#dancing shoki...#GODWIN....

Morale lesson to learn... Since january 10, now it made front page all thanks to nwanna valmunich...always be patient...i knw it childish buh....

First to commentussss

runs naked out of thread

10 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by ogawisdom(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2015
7. D lovers
This categories r usually young men who probably borrowed a car to take some chick out n ar usually seen during d wkend in d evening n night time smoochin a babe in front of their car in a slow moving traffic tongue. They won't keep pace with d flow of d traffic bc they ve got their hands on other things thereby making every driver to want to overtake them.

8. D horner - this group r always blazing d horn in their car as if they jst learnt where their horn is located. Most naija drivers r guilt of this esp trailer n commercial buses. U dnt won't to b in a traffic jam with this group bc u may b takin a trip to an ear doctor afterwards

Op change road users in ur title to drivers

16 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 10, 2015
hahaha. Nice one @valmunich - you're in spirit...was just creating a car talk topic last night.

When I see Learners I pity them...lols.
I try my best not to confuse them or complicate their learning process.

Slowpokes: I hate young women that confirm the stereotyped assertion of us being dull drivers. angry...If you can't hit the f**king throttle - get a driver mbok.

Meticulous drivers: no mind these ones - them no believe say them fit drive fine car. Na to dey roll the car like bowling ball for road.

Stoppers: them full Aba, mostly bus drivers...they would honk and overtake you, then stop directly in your front.

The rough drivers/speeders; grin...I love speeding/rough driving...just be articulate about it...you wouldn't have any accident. grin

Greeters: I see them in Aba, just saw one now gaan. Na mainly all these big men - wey feel say dem follow press korota.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by BabaNath(m): 10:47am On Jan 10, 2015
cool
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by tosyne2much(m): 11:49am On Jan 10, 2015
Nice one Valmunich grin

May God increase you in wisdom and knowledge as you keep creating FP worthy threads

I dey come

Loading ............ grin

4 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 10, 2015
Now follows topic.
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by valmunich(m): 11:55am On Jan 10, 2015
ogawisdom:
7. D lovers
This categories r usually young men who probably borrowed a car to take some chick out n ar usually seen during d wkend in d evening n night time smoochin a babe in front of their car in a slow moving traffic tongue. They won't keep pace with d flow of d traffic bc they ve got their hands on other things thereby making every driver to want to overtake them.

8. D horner - this group r always blazing d horn in their car as if they jst learnt where there horn is located. Most naija drivers r guilt of this esp trailer n commercial buses. U dnt won't to b in a traffic jam with this group bc u may b takin a trip to an ear doctor afterwards

Op change road users in ur title to drivers
Lmao... Never thought of these
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by valmunich(m): 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
Nice one Valmunich grin

May God increase you in wisdom and knowledge as you keep creatings FP worthy threads

I dey come

Loading ............ grin
Thanks bro cool
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by lonelydora: 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nice

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
nawa o every body wan dey folo tosyne2much lane! hmmm is good. sha
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Tomtoxic: 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
u're very correct
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
Gozieekenkwo:
Nyc write up...brb
pls what is the meaning of brb
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Gozieekenkwo(m): 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
Japhet04:
pls what is the meaning of brb

BE RIGHT BACK

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by surrogatesng: 10:48am On Jan 11, 2015
You are so on point
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Gozieekenkwo(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2015
Done
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by dechandel(f): 12:07am On Jan 12, 2015
The bus drivers/Bike/okada riders who massages there ego by shouting on a woman in steering to go n dump her car

This your list is a clear example of the sentence.. Welcome to Nigeria!!!

6 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by billy187(m): 9:44am On Jan 12, 2015
No: 3 seem to be driving mostly old school BMWs with awful paintjobs for some reason.grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Opioko: 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
this is good

Cc lalasticlala
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by LAfricana(m): 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
grin am in category 3, rough rider / speeder.. But i dont drink sad
I just like my things happening like right away, if you can hit the accelerator like i do undecided, Then you a king cool
Learnt to take things slowly now sha, embarassed i have had narrow scale throughs from accidents

But i think, the way people drive has a lot to do with their personalty cool

Fast and furious drivers are cool, trust me.. and those ones that move like snail are the difficult kind of people, they take life too seriously undecided

There's nothing like driving safe sha

My Dad ones gave me a rule.. He said press the accelerator like its your life, the harder you press, just know you r about crushing your life
Anytime i am driving and i remember that, i tend to take my cool.. i dont wanna crush my life embarassed

Check out www.africanwatch.net for the latest happenings in Africa, and International Scholarship updates for Nigerians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by DjHypno(m): 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
K
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by soldierdollar(m): 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
grin
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ok
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by talk2ancient(m): 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
do you know that Dampness on the walls is dangerous to health.it is a silent killer.google the word DAMP today to learn more.for a lasting solution on damps,check my signature on how to contact me
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Aitee1: 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
Reminds me of an incident lastnight lipsrsealed
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Valwezzy: 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
Nice write up@Op
I've had countless encounters with the stoppers and Slow pokes.. Mehn, it wasn't funny at all
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Rahmatuparker: 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
Number 10. D last minute decision makers:- these set of pple make last minute decisions without giving those behind dem early signal ahead. Example dey can just stop all of a sudden without any reason or take a corner without Trafficating.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Pinkiedearie(f): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
Lols..so true..
*slowpokes...very annoying..
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by allisonluvsu(m): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
You forgot to add "The agbero driver," who disobeys every traffic sign to just fetch more passengers along the road.
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by cyberdurable(m): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
am a Learner
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Fesomu(m): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
K
Re: 6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers by Minet16(m): 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
The Danfo drivers: they take one way and drive as if they are on the normal lane, stealing the lane completely. its fun y
to watch the drivers drive thou, as they insult other drivers on the road

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? / Inside Kazeem's Dictionary: Nicknames For Car Parts / How To Determine When It's Safe To Overtake (Photos) A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.