Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,773 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

What Would You Do??? Help Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do??? Help Needed (1512 Views)

Nairaladers, Pls Do Help Me Out. I Am Having A Very Big Family Problem. / What Can I Do? Help / Serious Sister In Law Issue- What Should I Do Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do??? Help Needed by beetruth: 10:38am On Jan 10, 2015
While watching my weight is killing me on TLC my spouse said "wish you weigh 600lbs +, will seize your phone and leave you alone". Used to be a size 10 but presently about size 20 due to depression I assume. Lost my job some years ago and have been trying to get another without any support from my spouse which i am yet to achieve. I have been enduring all this treatment because of our children and hoping with prayers and guidance for directions.At any slight irritation calls me useless and I feel this wrath most when there is extra cash flow in my spouses pocket.
Pls advise
Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by bennyrazz: 11:34am On Jan 10, 2015
your husband is torturing you emotionally. The point is, are you useless? if you are convinced you are not, next time when he calls you such, tell him if you were useless you won't have bore him his kids. Just tolerate him and stop doing things that irritate him. Some people are usually not themselves when they have cash to throw around
Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
While I empathise with your situation, it really isn't your husband's fault that you weigh too much or don't have a job, it's not like he's stuffing you up with calories and stopping people from employing you. You need to take responsibility for your life and make decisions to develop yourself.

Watch what you eat and start a workout program now, otherwise the journey down will continue.

As for his abusive words, while they are wrong, they're probably an offshoot of the negative vibes he gets from you, even if they aren't, you need to be positive and demand positivity from him. He's probably under stress himself.

For money, you'll need to learn a skill or trade, if you lost your job years ago and you haven't upgraded, it's unlikely you'll get a good one anytime soon.

Sorry for your situation, though. I know it's tough.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
Timbuktou:
While I empathise with your situation, it really isn't your husband's fault that you weigh too much or don't have a job, it's not like he's stuffing you up with calories and stopping people from employing you. You need to take responsibility for your life and make decisions to develop yourself.

Watch what you eat and start a workout program now, otherwise the journey down will continue.

As for his abusive words, while they are wrong, they're probably an offshoot of the negative vibes he gets from you, even if they aren't, you need to be positive and demand positivity from him. He's probably under stress himself.

For money, you'll need to learn a skill or trade, if you lost your job years ago and you haven't upgraded, it's unlikely you'll get a good one anytime soon.

Gbam!
Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by beetruth: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
bennyrazz:
your husband is torturing you emotionally. The point is, are you useless? if you are convinced you are not, next time when he calls you such, tell him if you were useless you won't have bore him his kids. Just tolerate him and stop doing things that irritate him. Some people are usually not themselves when they have cash to throw around

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate. I cant say I irritate him cause I always try my best to avoid such situations. I try every time to make him happy and save cost to the nearest minimum just to make sure he is not strained financially.
Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by beetruth: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
Timbuktou:

Thanks for your advise. Really appreciate. I don't eat a lot so can't say its food DT caused my weight issues. Its majorly cos of fmp which adds weight when not too active. This I have stopped and presently walking around my environments to exercise. I can't afford a gym or a weight loss plan but I am working out the best way I can. As for my job, I have completed a second degree and would also not have mind to learn a trade but I don't have a sponsor at d moment so will just have to wait till i get a job.
As for the vibes and I don't send out negatives. Thank you
Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
beetruth:

Thanks for your advise. Really appreciate. I don't eat a lot so can't say its food DT caused my weight issues. Its majorly cos of fmp which adds weight when not too active. This I have stopped and presently walking around my environments to exercise. I can't afford a gym or a weight loss plan but I am working out the best way I can. As for my job, I have completed a second degree and would also not have mind to learn a trade but I don't have a sponsor at d moment so will just have to wait till i get a job.
Good thing you're cutting out the bad food. However, since you can't afford a gym, you should get a skipping rope and start running/jogging, these basic workouts will pay enormous dividends if you apply religiously.

For money, search online for crafts that require little to nothing to start, google is your friend. There must be things you can produce from trash, really google it up.

Good luck, again.
Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by beetruth: 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
Timbuktou:
Good thing you're cutting out the bad food. However, since you can't afford a gym, you should get a skipping rope and start running/jogging, these basic workouts will pay enormous dividends if you apply religiously.

For money, search online for crafts that require little to nothing to start, google is your friend. There must be things you can produce from trash, really google it up.

Good luck, again.

Thank you
Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by Rafikizolo: 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
Do not let him torture you emotionally. It is a difficult situation to be in I imagine. Try and find council in your family to help with your emotions and then try and stay active. If you cannot do that, I would try exercise. It will not only help you shed the weight but it will release endorphines that make you feel alive and happy after your workouts. Best of luck smiley

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
beetruth:

Thank you
You're welcome. How are you holding up?
Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by SAMBARRY: 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
New year New story as usual
Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by raumdeuter: 3:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
Losing weight you dont need money, eat less and while you are at home run around your house. You would surely lose weight
Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by yetseyi(f): 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
www.nairaland.com/1573827/recipe-losing-weight-lose-12kg

maam you can go through the the link above hope it helps you.
Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by eripecs(f): 11:47am On Jan 16, 2015
beetruth:

With second degree, you should be able to write some academic papers. If you can write, I will be willing to guide through and you will be independent within a month and your husband will be proud of you. Show your interest. It is well!
Re: What Would You Do??? Help Needed by mutter(f): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
Even without a job when you have children there are so many things to do to keep you busy.
Are you just sitting around the house doing nothing?
If you don`t have a job you don`T need househelps because you can get the work done so too avoiding costs.

Most people that have excess weight, claim they don`t eat much . Write down everything you put in your mouth then you will see just how much you eat.

Getting a job is not a problem if you really want a job. You can start by taking a job below your qualification and work yourself up. The best way to get a job is to be in a job.

(1) (Reply)

Shortest Speech By CEO Of Coca-cola..........................#priceless / An After-one Girl / I Married My Husband Despite The Red Flags-now I Live With His Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.