Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) (16302 Views)

6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. / My Husband Beats Me With Cutlass; Targeting My Eyes- Domestic Violence Victim / Kids Drinking Dry Gin In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) by chocolateme(f): 11:40am On Jan 10, 2015
Harmattan comes with both positive and negative effects on us and I want to list out few of its positive effects on us domestically:
Do you know that;
1: it helps our foods to stay longer without getting spoilt even if its not refrigerated or warmed, even if someone steals meat from the soup pot by dipping fingers inside the soup pot.
2: it aids in drying up our clothes minutes after washing them, u will still be washing and most of the first set you washed are already dried out.
3: it seems to avert mosquito bites, not so sure of that but noticed it for myself.
4: we don't usually sweat much during dry season, the sun will be up and the weather would be dry and harsh but we don't sweat.
5: our rest rooms are always dry and free from odors especially in areas where you find pit lavatories, public fast food joints rest rooms, church rest rooms etc. So is also the street gutter and roads with plenty pot holes because everywhere is dry.
6: it's a good weather for drying our foodstuffs, the likes of egwusi, Ogbonna, garri, achicha( Enugu state local food) and so many other kinds of cereals and foods. It also helps for food preservation.
7: if you enjoy bathing hot water, now here is a good weather for it but I will not be responsible for the whoosh of cold breeze that will disorient you immediately you come out from the bathroom, best advice, bath cold water during harmattan.
You can add your own observations too.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) by Janet101(f): 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ok thanks
Re: Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
i noticed the reduction in mosquito activity too...it also aids sleep cus i sleep better.this is my favourite season of the year.nice one chocolateme

1 Like

Re: Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
Harmattan,,,, ♍γ̲̣̣̥ favorite weather

1 Like

Re: Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) by chocolateme(f): 10:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
hiroz:
i noticed the reduction in mosquito activity too...it also aids sleep cus i sleep better.this is my favourite season of the year.nice one chocolateme
you are highly welcomed hiroz.
Re: Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) by shevon: 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
Abeg correct the bold entry before I vex angry
chocolateme:
Harmattan comes with both positive and negative effects on us and I want to list out few of its positive effects on us domestically:
Do you know that;
1: it helps our foods to stay longer without getting spoilt even if its not refrigerated or warmed, even if someone steals meat from the soup pot by dipping fingers inside the soup pot.
2: it aids in drying up our clothes minutes after washing them, u will still be washing and most of the first set you washed are already dried out.
3: it seems to avert mosquito bites, not so sure of that but noticed it for myself.
4: we don't usually sweat much during dry season, the sun will be up and the weather would be dry and harsh but we don't sweat.
5: our rest rooms are always dry and free from odors especially in areas where you find pit lavatories, public fast food joints rest rooms, church rest rooms etc. So is also the street gutter and roads with plenty pot holes because everywhere is dry.
6: it's a good weather for drying our foodstuffs, the likes of egwusi, Ogbonna, garri, achicha( Enugu state local food) and so many other kinds of cereals and foods. It also helps for food preservation.
7: if you enjoy bathing hot water, now here is a good weather for it but I will not be responsible for the whoosh of cold breeze that will disorient you immediately you come out from the bathroom, best advice, bath cold water during harmattan.
You can add your own observations too.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) by okirewaju(f): 3:34am On Jan 11, 2015
True!
Re: Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) by chocolateme(f): 8:43am On Jan 11, 2015
[quoteuthor=shevon post=29680653]Abeg correct the bold entry before I vex angry
[/quote]abeg no vex ooo! It's a mistake pls dear tnx
Re: Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) by shevon: 10:13am On Jan 11, 2015
chocolateme:
abeg no vex ooo! It's a mistake pls dear tnx
grin

1 Like

Re: Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) by DocJoseph(m): 10:16am On Jan 03, 2020
Another Advantage of Harmattan is, it helps to tighten pussy....mehn....I tried to enter my woman this morning, but I can't... It's as if she's a virgin again! Make una help me, what should I do abeg?

(1) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales / How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? / Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.