Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,843 members, 7,802,695 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? (16794 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Graduates Dread (or Is It Hate) Marketing/sales Jobs? / 30k Monthly Salary For Nigerian Graduates, Scholarship For All, Just Register / Nigerian Graduates Are Employable Only After Polishing- CEO, Accenture Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by chyk91(m): 1:42am On Jan 12, 2010
nigerian unis are crap to say the least.
Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by Volatilekrack: 9:19am On Jan 12, 2010
You aint wrong bro. Nigeria is a country where people go to d farm without cutlass. Sometimes, i feel we are just fooling ourselves here. U see a microbiologist who cannot use a microscope, u see a anatomist who has not seen an electron microscope not to talk of use, u see a lecturer who says streptococci is gramnegative, and probably d number of mushrooms universities may increase before u are done with reading this.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by ade2008(m): 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2016
Volatilekrack:
You aint wrong bro. Nigeria is a country where people go to d farm without cutlass. Sometimes, i feel we are just fooling ourselves here. U see a microbiologist who cannot use a microscope, u see a anatomist who has not seen an electron microscope not to talk of use, u see a lecturer who says streptococci is gramnegative, and probably d number of mushrooms universities may increase before u are done with reading this.
[color=#006600][/color]

Haaa
Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by incomeboostng: 11:49am On Mar 02, 2017
obinnaoji:
ARE NIGERIAN 'GRADUATES' REALLY GRADUATES IN THE REAL SENSE OF THE WORD?

good question
Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by airminem(f): 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2017
tj:
I've also been having this doubt in my mind also.

You find out that most graduates thats graduates from Nigerian universities still have lot of things to learn. I'm not saying that when you school overseas you get the best education but you find out that those over there are much more knowledgable than the ones in Nigeria.

I also had a conversation with a friend overseas and some issues were raised based on the field we were both into and I discovered that our discussion was based on things I'm supposed to know in my 4th year and we happened to have started school at the same time.

I'm not saying Nigeria is not a good place for education, but our problem is just that we lack the facilities and until the government looks into the education sector, I'm afraid, we'll graduate and still don't know anything.

Its 12years Now, Whats Your Perspective On The Same Issue Today? Have The Government Made Improvement In The Said Sector Yet?
Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by airminem(f): 1:47pm On Mar 02, 2017
c0dec:

Thank You! Right on point. The situation IS really bad.

No matter how pro-nigerian omon and Oblong want to be about it, let me ask them this: "would you send your children through a nigerian university?". i'm guessing your answer would be "yes" since you believe we produce "excellent" graduates.

well, as for me, i would but ONLY IF the educational system gets better and i hope it will even though at the moment it looks hopeless.

Its Here About 12 Years You Made This Remarkable Debate About Standard Of Nija Versity Products. You Where Right On Point In The Arguement.
Let Me Ask You Today, I Mean Now. Have The Standard Of Our Graduates Gotten Any Better?
Have The Educational Sector Gotten Any Better? Its 12years Gone.
Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by uchris180: 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
Training/Job Opportunity

Life Map Solution Resources.
Affiliates: WHO, SAB & CDC
Job tittle: Public Agent.
Job description: Responsible for delivering classified health information to designated localities & organizations.
Renumeration: Better than FG salary structure.
Qualification: Diploma in any field.
TRAINING REQUIRED.
Interested candidates should send there CV to cuonyekp@mtu.edu.
Selected candidates will pay a mandatory WHO certificate fee of 15,000.
Deadline: Rolling basis.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by airminem(f): 6:28pm On Mar 02, 2017
Had To Ask You This Base On The Debate 12years Ago Now. Can You Confirm That The Educational Standard Base On The Outputs Of Nigeria Versities Have Improved?
Thanks
Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by tck2000(m): 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2019
If
Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by mosefin19(m): 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2019
All will be well with you if you develop yourself regardless of what you’ve been taught in school ��
Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by Ugosample(m): 10:29am On Jun 30, 2019
obinnaoji:
ARE NIGERIAN 'GRADUATES' REALLY GRADUATES IN THE REAL SENSE OF THE WORD?

I keep wondering the kind of stuff that Nigerian universities are producing. A friend of mine who studied engineering in NAU and graduated with a 2-1 confessed to me that he doesn't know anything when it comes to engineering. How come?

I was really embarrassed the other day, when I was discussing with some economics undergraduates here in the UK. I'm supposed to be a Masters student here but I felt like a fool because I’m afraid I knew nothing about the topics they raised owing to the fact that I was under-educated in Nigeria.

More appalling was the day I couldn't help but overhear a so-called psychologist spitting shit. He made so many grammatical blunders that I denied my nationality. I became an emergency Congolese.

What is your take on these, guys?

this is worrisome
Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by Ugosample(m): 10:46am On Jun 30, 2019
Hndholder:
The Ajebota's will not know the true Nigeria.

Exactly cheesy

you don talk am finish.
Re: Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? by Ugosample(m): 10:51am On Jun 30, 2019
tammy41:
I feel most of our graduates are products of our society. You do not expect good fruits form a rotten tree. Some of these people do not even know the value of education. They are there to please societal expectations and that of their parents. The educational environment also allows a situation where you can do anything to get your certificate and what do you expect from the lazy ones? Pay your way through. There is noway you can store water in a basket. Blame it on our declining educational system. But I still know we have graduates who are worth their salt. They are not deterred by what is going on around them. Thank God there are graduates who are still proving that hard work pays off.

another valid point

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biologists (Environmental, Micro, etc) : Let's Meet Here And Discuss / PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? / ICAN Delists 14,337 Members For Owing Association Dues For More Than 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.