Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,821 members, 7,806,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead (20793 Views)

Female Suicide Bomber Hits UNIMAID Warning: Graphic Pictures / Bomb Blast In Yobe Market, Many Confirmed Dead (PHOTO) / Bomb Blast Rocks Yola Market, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by imada20(m): 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
men d 2 contextant ar waxtin dere tyme n money cux i dnt c any of them dix country!wen i enta ma dream i xaw a man on uniform on dat seat n i xaw d military bin tranxformed.BT bokoharam wuld end dix yr am only a mexxanger frm GOD
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
You all spend so much time campaigning n insulting each other that you don't see what's really happening.

Oh well, don't let me stop you.
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by imada20(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
men d 2 contextant ar waxtin dere tyme n money cux i dnt c any of them RULING dix country!wen i enta ma dream i xaw a man on uniform on dat seat n i xaw d military bin tranxformed.BT bokoharam wuld end dix yr am only a mexxanger frm GOD
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by DWJOBScom(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
How long shall Nigerians suffer?

How long shall Nigerians cry?

How long will Nigerians continue to die and perish?

How long will this insecurity last?

How long will Nigeria have this weak leadership?

Nigerians want change!

Nigerians do not want bad luck called goodluck

Nigerians want a strong man that can command the affairs of the nation.

Vote for General Buhari

Say No to corruption

RIP to the dead.

Shame on you for politicising the situation........
When suicide bombers are involved it's beyond any force but we have achieved our fair share of victory by capturing some alive and getting close to their factories.....
We will win this war - God is with us(Nigerians) and the Armed forces - the wicked will be exposed!!!
#prayingfornigeria

1 Like

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
pmc01:

Innocent citizens should be denied their right to make their own rational decisions?

If they start using school bags to ferry bombs to location of blast, should school bags then be banned too?
Is it their fault that Mr. President is incapable?
Mr man do u actually expect the president to stand in the market and be searching everybody. The issue of BH is something that must be collectively tackled. I believe we have a CDS who the constitution has empowered to tackle any problem threatening the sovereignty of naija. So enough of all these hate.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by ChinemeOkpan: 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
[quote author=DWJOBScom post=29669851]

[s]Shame on you for politicising the situation........
When suicide bombers are involved it's beyond any force but we have achieved our fair share of victory by capturing some alive and getting close to their factories.....
We will win this war - God is with us(Nigerians) and the Armed forces - the wicked will be exposed!!!
#prayingfornigeria[/[/s]quote]

Go and get your PVC and vote for change

3 Likes

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by donemperor: 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
Kingspin:

But unknown to you you still want to vote for Boko haram. The bombers are right there in the North, we are not the bombers so, do not vote for the bombers.
if buhari is boko haram then gej should go ahead and prosecute him or e dey fear?.If he has no guts then he shouldnt be a C-in-C.....

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by joeyekembele: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
It is an outright foolishness to imagine that GEJ is the cause of the bloodshed in the Northeast. Is he the Mohammed admonish Muslims to kill and be killed in the name of heavenly reward? What the BH needs is national institutionalisation of Islam and sharia, making the constitution to be suspended. Is it GEJ that rules in Syria and Iraq? Is it GEJ that leads in Yemen, paskistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Libya, Sudan, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, etc? BH is to Nigeria what Alqaeda, ISIS, Taliban, Houthi, and so on are to those nations. Boko Haram is clearly a religous issue and not politically based. Our Muslims faithful would say " if BH is a religious menace, why the attached on some mosques? The reason is that, they attack only the mosques whose imams preach against their onslaught. Same attacks are carried out against fellow Muslims in paskistan, Syria etc. Would you say they are not Muslims also? Some refer to them as radicalised Muslims. Thank god that they are not referred to as radicalised infidels. They are radicalised Muslims because, the qoran contains injunctions what they carry out. Tell the truth and expose falsehood preached and gullibly practised by Muslims no matter how it hurts. Islam is simply evil and blood thirsty. Allah is weak and cannot fight for itself, hence depends on followers to defend it. Imagine a religion tha condemns apostates to death. That is an occultism. Denouncing a membership of an occult attracts death penalty just as denouncing Islam attracts death penalty in an Islamic state. Thank god for Nigeria. To hell with Islam, to hell wirh Mohammed, to hell wirh Allah. Jehovah and His begotten son Jesus christ I trust.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by amnestylaw1(m): 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
jamilkb:
This is not fair embarassed , people are dying here in the north, The so-called president has done nothing yet I think this president hates us angry RIP to the deads, May Allah have mercy to the deceased and protect us ALL from this dreaded BH.. cry cry

My brother wetin we go do? As long as our direct relatives are not affected, we are almost less concerned. It pains the heart to see how helpless the nation has become in the face of Boko Haram. One wonders why we elected leaders (both in Aso Rock) and in the House of Legislatures. But then, the time for change is near. Let's do our part and try someone else MAYBE our story will change for good. Since Jonathan's administration seems incapable of handling the security challenges of this country, we should try Buhari MAYBE our luck will shine this time around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by fidoee(m): 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Pls how will GMB stop the senseless killing in d north without cooperation from the Socty? wen people deside not to have value For human being, its difficult to stop. The society have a big role to play for this senseless killings to stop. The reason there is peace in my villlage is becos people leaving there decided to leave in peace. Pls govt alone can't stop this proble. When this bombing started, the leaders in the north saw it as a problem of GEJ without condeming it, now its beyound control, they r now crying for help. Pls I wonder how will GMB solve this problem now? But if he can, why is he not helping govt of the day to solve the problem? How will he solve our numerous problems so that we will not move from frypan to fire.
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by DWJOBScom(m): 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

You've identified yourself as a selfish politician without an iota of sympathy to the situation in Nigeria....

We must be wary of your type and those you represent - you are capable of murder
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Kingspin(m): 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
donemperor:
if buhari is boko haram then gej should go ahead and prosecute him or e dey fear?.If he has no guts then he shouldnt be a C-in-C.....
I never mention Buhari as boko haram rather, i said you found boko haram in the North. After all there is no reason we should be govern by force.
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by BenGlobal1(m): 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
kilokeys:

pple living in the north.. please come help me shut the myopic brother up for good... how many northerners have relatives in the south..

how many relatives do u have in kebbi? or bauchi?

and u automatically expect them to have relatives in ur zone?
...is it nt better to live in a bush dan being killed mercilessly by demonic agents of BK? All am saying is,u live n a place where d seems to b landmines everywhere n at anytime step on one, y not move u a play of "less landmines"
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by VIPERVENOM(m): 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
Baga came under attack. Scores of ppl lost their lives according to eyewitness accounts and media........and this is wat doyin okupe had to say

1 Like

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Akin89(m): 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
May Allah protect us...Amin
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Kingspin(m): 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
Collynzo419:

Chimere stop threatening people online

Wait wait wait u just struck me here. By the name calling. Who found me?
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Collynzo419: 3:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
DWJOBScom:

[s]You've identified yourself as a selfish politician without an iota of sympathy to the situation in Nigeria....

We must be wary of your type and those you represent - you are capable of murder[/s]

stop all these nonsense posts, with that ur chubby cheeks
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by iyobs7(f): 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
This series of bombing is actually meant to delay Jonathan from campaigning because the world will shout that he is not concerned about the welfare of his people instead he is campaigning... Nigerians use your head

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by chronique(m): 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
At this stage,I'd say this obviously more than we can handle. Common,it's not everytime we must blame the president. Jonathan will not go to maiduguri to do the job of the security agencies there. The highest He can do is to provide for them,what they need to tackle this menace but as at now,this menace is way way above technology. How do you explain a 10yr old performing the job of a suicide bomber? A child who barely knows His left from His right?

Secondly,how come it's towards this election time that the bombings are suddenly increasing? The game plan is for them to kill as many people as possible while the president is campaigning so that it would look like He doesn't care about the people(if He continues His campaign),or force him to cut short his campaign as a result of the bombings,and distabilize Him. The recent endorsement of Buhari by boko haram(like I read on nairaland here few days back),should give us serious concern. I'm not expressly implying here that Buhari is direct supporting them;no. I'm actually saying that there are people in the Buhari camp/APC who are supporting boko haram.

At the end of the day,I'd still blame Jonathan. If He wasn't too diplomatic when this bombing of an issue started,and was busy consulting with Northern elders and trying to get them to dialogue to end this terror,it wouldn't have gotten to this. He listened to too many people,threats from the northerners and all that,and has found himself in a very precarious situation. I only pray He wins and ends up stamping out this menace once and for all. If Buhari wins,it would spark up another crisis from the south-south and that would even e more dangerous cos that crisis would be capable of shutting down the nation's economy totally.

Only God can save Nigeria now.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by VellyG(m): 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nigerians are so dumb. Blaming ur president for the activities of a set of brainwashed religious extremist sounds stupid. Go to civilised countries where people think from their brains and see how citizens and the law enforcement agency collective come together to Fyt insurgency. A good example is France citizens supported the government and the police with vital information and those insurgents were brought down yesterday. But Nigeria ur all quick to put the blame on your president when there are people who should be doing their duties. One day people will come here to blame the govt for been childless . nonsense

1 Like

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by PEREP: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
Baga came under attack. Scores of ppl lost their lives according to eyewitness accounts and media........and this is wat doyin okupe had to say

Did BBC/CNN stated that correspondent sent the figure? They relied on details from the inflated figure from many social commentators who wish to use the insecurity in the land as a campaign tool. Do you know what 2000 means?

Only yesterday, the security forces came on attack in Yobe and many TV stations picked the headline as 'Insurgents hit Yobe State town' and the news that followed from the same TV station stated that residents scampered for safety after they heard heavy gunshot upon the arrival of heavy security personnels.

From one side, US decline our arms request, another side, the media platforms keeps reporting the war like the Military has left their post while from the economy point, we are getting to almost Zero dollar to a barrel of oil just cos the US is fighting the Russia and many more. Instead of coming together, we simply take our place in the script and acting like nothing has happened in Nigeria in the last 4 yrs.

Many have travelled through remodelled airports, reconstructed roads, win grants from FG, get funds under the SME funds, ride through the country sides in trains, had taxation reduced in 2012, believe the Privatization of PHCN is better than leaving it in the hands of Pot Bellied Civil servants and many more.

When the President requested we should ask them if our security architecture was funded while they were there, ask them if visionless man will bring up a dry season farming (to ask them what they never imagined)

We have a day in Feb to stand united and make a statement that with determination we will overcome our challenges because we shall not be cowed in the face of some insurgents. We have armed forces and they havve our support to win the war.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by OLADD: 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
How long shall Nigerians suffer?

How long shall Nigerians cry?

How long will Nigerians continue to die and perish?

How long will this insecurity last?

How long will Nigeria have this weak leadership?

Nigerians want change!

Nigerians do not want bad luck called goodluck

Nigerians want a strong man that can command the affairs of the nation.

Vote for General Buhari

Say No to corruption

RIP to the dead.

You are as cruel as your party APC. Do you have to use national calamity to score political point?

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by DWJOBScom(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
Collynzo419:

stop all these nonsense posts, with that ur chubby cheeks

I guess you are right........I should stop talking to you cos you've made up your mind to suit your pay masters
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Kingspin(m): 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
danaiks:
Did you know that in 1983, Chief Obafemi Awolowo contested at the age of 74 while Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe contested in 1979 at 75? Did you know that Ronald Reagan became US president at the age of 70 and served two terms of four years each? Just last December, Tunisia sworn in Beji Caid Essebsi as their President. Did you know how old is he? President Essebsi is 88 years old. The election that brought him in as president was the first free and fair presidential election since the country (Tunisia ) gained independence in 1956. If a 72 years old grand “Pa” (as the haters called him) can give me constant electricity, guarantee maximum security (stop the killings up North), put food on my table and stop corruption that a 57 years old young man who is suffering from an inferiority complex can not give then I will be a very big fool to refuse such CHANGE. So those making noise about BUHARI’s age should shut the hell up and give in for a great change.

SAI BUHARI
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Kingspin(m): 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2015
danaiks:
Did you know that in 1983, Chief Obafemi Awolowo contested at the age of 74 while Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe contested in 1979 at 75? Did you know that Ronald Reagan became US president at the age of 70 and served two terms of four years each? Just last December, Tunisia sworn in Beji Caid Essebsi as their President. Did you know how old is he? President Essebsi is 88 years old. The election that brought him in as president was the first free and fair presidential election since the country (Tunisia ) gained independence in 1956. If a 72 years old grand “Pa” (as the haters called him) can give me constant electricity, guarantee maximum security (stop the killings up North), put food on my table and stop corruption that a 57 years old young man who is suffering from an inferiority complex can not give then I will be a very big fool to refuse such CHANGE. So those making noise about BUHARI’s age should shut the hell up and give in for a great change.

SAI BUHARI
Do you also know that Idi Amin, was the president of Uganda. That Gaddafi ruled Libya and that Osama Bin Laden was Al-Qaeda leader. These are all leaders of our time. We need leader for tomorrow. Am out!.
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by mptng: 4:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
people are dying, mr president is busy fighting to win election. what a selfish interest at the expense of nigerians.
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by babestella: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
jamilkb:
This is not fair embarassed , people are dying here in the north, The so-called president has done nothing yet I think this president hates us angry RIP to the deads, May Allah have mercy to the deceased and protect us ALL from this dreaded BH.. cry cry

What else do you want the president to do? Wear military camo and lead the army? Did you hear that the army are not doing their job? Or you think they are not doing anything? Please get a life and stop this nonsense.

When someone has decided to die by taking his or her life, how do you stop them.

The question we should be asking is why are these people doing this, why are they increasing in number daily? What do they really want? Are we ready to give in to their demands which is obviously Islam? What if we did? What next?

Islamization is currently sweeping across the globe today, NIGERIA is not an exception, GEJ should not be blamed for every suicide bomb attack in NE. The government cannot provide 1 police man to every one citizen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Raiders: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
VellyG:
Nigerians are so dumb. Blaming ur president for the activities of a set of brainwashed religious extremist sounds stupid. Go to civilised countries where people think from their brains and see how citizens and the law enforcement agency collective come together to Fyt insurgency. A good example is France citizens supported the government and the police with vital information and those insurgents were brought down yesterday. But Nigeria ur all quick to put the blame on your president when there are people who should be doing their duties. One day people will come here to blame the govt for been childless . nonsense
so what is the responsibility of the president? do you think the French people would continue to support their president if they are attacked continuously weekly for 5 years? Did you notice the response of the French government to the terrorists attacked? The French government response was swift and brutal to the terrorists. If the Nigeria government has been proactive for the last 5 years, boko haram would have been a thing of the past. I am blaming GEJ because its his responsibility to protect the life and properties of Nigerians
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by joeyekembele: 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
Akin89:
May Allah protect us...Amin

How can Allah protect you when Allah depends on you to protect, fight and kill for him. Allah is a weak gods. Allah is a weak gods and cannot defend itself. Welcome the almighty God to your life via gid begotten son, Jesus christ for your protection and salvation. Islam is our rightly satanic and blood sacking. Come to light and be set free
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by venivedivici(m): 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
Whizpeter:
Any southerner that dies there at this point in time, commits suicide... They had enough time to run away and avoid their deaths.. But they chose to remain in their own egypt

If I call you an uninformed fool, you will say I'm insulting you. Your level of thinking is diminutive.
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Raiders: 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
babestella:

What else do you want the president to do? Wear military camo and lead the army? Did you hear that the army are not doing their job? Or you think they are not doing anything? Please get a life and stop this nonsense.

When someone has decided to die by taking his or her life, how do you stop them.

The question we should be asking is why are these people doing this, why are they increasing in number daily? What do they really want? Are we ready to give in to their demands which is obviously Islam? What if we did? What next?

Islamization is currently sweeping across the globe today, NIGERIA is not an exception, GEJ should not be blamed for every suicide bomb attack in NE. The government cannot provide 1 police man to every one citizen.
so what is the responsibility of the Nigeria government? The last time I checked, GEJ took an oath to protect the lives and properties of Nigerians. How would you feel if your relatives was killed because the president didn't do his job by providing security
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by babestella: 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
The current suicide bombings and terrorism in the NE should not be used as a political campaign tool. It is absurd for any one to use that as a leverage unless that person is a sponsor of such act.

Now, terrorism is a global menace, NIGERIA is not an exception and as long as we have core MUSLIM north it will surely come and now that we have it we sure must fight it together.

The Americans are overwhelmed by the spread. Afghanistan is worst hit, talk of Pakistan, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, etc. they all have not called their presidents names. We must respect the fact that fighting terrorism is not easy, details of strategy are not published or displayed for any reason. The government and the good people of Nigeria are doing all they can to contain this menace. As for totally eliminating terrorism as the APC and Buhari is promising, it is absolutely almost impossible because the reason why this is fueled is a conviction they are all ready to die for. You can mark my word and quote me any time any day.

God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tribunal; Protesters Barricade Osun Roads / Low Turnout, Faulty Card Readers Mar's The Election In Port Harcourt. Picture. / From 30, Senators With Saraki At CCT Shrink To 18.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.