Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,017 members, 7,806,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] (24754 Views)

Saraki Has Removed APC From His Official Twitter Handle(photo) / Senate President Bukola Saraki Updates His Twitter Account / Orubebe Dumps PDP For APC Via Twitter (For Real Or Was His Twitter Hacked?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by TheRealMrStan(m): 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2015
It's easy to criticize but very difficult to accept criticism.

NEWS ALERT: Dele Momodu Blocks Me From His Twitter Handle.

For almost twenty years, I had been a fan of Chief Dele Momodu’s write-ups right from his June 12 advocacy struggles till date. I didn’t necessarily agree with all his viewpoints. As a matter of fact in post-1999 years and with the birth of Ovation magazine in 1996, I saw a Dele Momodu celebrate the luxurious lifestyles of quite a few prominent characters that (I felt) frustrated the actualization of MKO Abiola’s mandate.

Today, Dele Momodu is a strong supporter of APC’s General Muhammadu Buhari’s presidential aspiration, while yours truly has decided to pitch tents with President Goodluck Jonathan. I studied political science and I see Politics as a game with no emotional attachments. I don’t believe that ANY Nigerian politician can improve the quality of my life without personal hard work, a bit of luck and God’s grace. In any case READ my earlier post to find out why I endorse President Goodluck Jonathan. I believe in freedom of expression, the right to criticize and also be criticized, apparently Chief Dele Momodu doesn’t.

Dele Momodu is an excellent writer with the uncanny ability to criticize incumbent governments, sometimes very constructive, other times just emotional.

This current political dispensation has revealed a very awkward trend, a scary one too. Supporters of PDP’s Goodluck Jonathan and APC’s Muhammadu Buhari are constantly at loggerheads with each other online and offline. I may be biased, but it does seem that many Buhari supporters, including a few of my close friends and associates are exhibiting cult-like following towards the General, giving him (an undeserved) messianic status. Support for Buhari is beginning to look like a cult-religion of its own where those not subscribing to his candidacy are viewed and treated as traitors, infidels, enemies or outcasts. Jonathan supporters appear more level headed, less violent, a bit cynical but very passionate about their candidate. Again, being a Goodluck Jonathan fan perhaps I’m just being biased, so please forgive me.

I’m an ardent follower of Dele Momodu on Twitter; so last week he released controversial tweets defending General Buhari’s old age and his capacity to lead Nigeria into the future. Expectedly, I replied with a series of tweets disagreeing with @DeleMomodu’s stance. My tweets got a few Retweets and I simply moved on from the topic, not feeling victorious, my respect for Dele Momodu remaining intact.

I did not ‘abuse’ Chief Dele Momodu; I never referred to him as corrupt, clueless, incompetent or inept.

Today, I decided to visit Dele Momodu’s Twitter timeline only to discover that he had blocked me from viewing his twitter handle. How is it possible that a character known for vehemently disparaging top political figures including the Nigerian President cannot stomach or accept criticisms from an ordinary nobody like Stanley Nwabia? Is this an APC thing?

I leave you with graphic illustrations of what inspired @DeleMomodu to block me from his twitter handle.

Enjoy!

PS: Serves me right though.
http://mrstanleynwabia..com/2015/01/news-alert-dele-momodu-blocks-me-from.html

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Firefire(m): 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
Truth is bitter... undecided

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is". - Winston Churchill

114 Likes 17 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Firmjudge(m): 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
What do we do now.?
This one concern una way day tweet oo.
Cux me idont tweet cux i cant follow anybody and i dont want anybody following me.
BTW, he has the right to block you, shebi im sitdown jeje na u go add am ...
#Meanwhile.
Sipping-kunu and listening to Bufallo soldiers

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by MuguliciousMUGU: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
Dele momodu still behaves like a child, how would somebody block his friend just because he is supporting a different party, later they would be shouting that they want ONE NIGERIA, only to display their childish behaviour, is this the one nigeria we want? His behaviour on twitter just shows the way he behave and as the quote says "show me your friend and i would tell you who you are", and his friends are APC people, that means all APC like wahala... Anyhow that is none of business.

Meanwhile GEJ till Buhari crams his phone number in his coconut head.

140 Likes 14 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by PerfumeRepublik: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
There's no difference between a Ho' and a Nigerian politician.
You have a right to tell anyone what u think about them and according to twitter policies he has a right to block you if he wants .
Such a block coming from a Press person ,I think that's bad..
Afterall u aint no celeb and he's a Celeb cum luxury lifestyle publisher, seems u just wanna give him free publicity. Good Luck with that bro

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by AbuMikey(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
'

That's the norm on Twitter.

3 Likes

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by soloafe: 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
there are few likes of GEJ IN THE WORLD, TOLERANCE IS A PRICED ASSET NOT MANY HAS IT.. I GUESS U CAN FORGIVE MOMODU, AS A PDP MAN?

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by olabukola: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
This kind of person will cry blue murder when his ovation is sanctioned. Everybody is Nigeria is a potential dictator

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
You were constantly off point. You wanted to change the topic.

I am sure you will ban poster that quote you with such off topic comments.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by amakufrancis(m): 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
Truth bitter shall

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by PasNet: 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
IDLIDM....LOOOL.....bro dat wat u get from been factual and blunt....he'll probably unblock u after 14th of Feb.

2 Likes

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by rocoh(m): 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
TheRealMrStan:
It's easy to criticize but very difficult to accept criticism.

http://mrstanleynwabia..com/2015/01/news-alert-dele-momodu-blocks-me-from.html

""""""""""""Support for Buhari is beginning to look like a cult-religion of its own where those not subscribing to his candidacy are viewed and treated as traitors, infidels, enemies or outcasts--TRUTHHHHH. Jonathan supporters appear more level headed, less violent, a bit cynical but very passionate about their candidate.---TRUTHHHHHHH""""""""""""""

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by omenka(m): 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
So what are we now supposed to do?? Even Seun and his mods ban members here when they are criticised. How about we start from there??

What happened to that thread that was exhumed where Seun "appologised" for calling Buhari "a human being" when the general was grieving over the death of his wife?? What happend to the poster who resurrected that thread??

Mscheew.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by mazzi: 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
But he will open his mouth and insult Gej without any intimidation.GEJ u are a GODsent and ur type is rare

55 Likes

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Gbawe: 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
@OP.

You run here quickly to 'report' Momodu as if the man owes you anything. After all is said and done and putting emotions aside, Dele Momodu is a private citizen, albeit a famous one, who is allowed to support GMB or anyone else passionately. Momodu, as far as I know , is not linked with the Buhari campaign in any formal way.

Momodu has banned you from following him for his own reason. He has the right to do this because you willingly decided to follow another private individual without coercion. You must accept that you exist in their space on their own terms not yours. Deal with this development by simply staying away from Momodu also. Momodu, right now and in his private citizen capacity, owes you no explanation. It is not by force to follow famous folks

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Chitexs250(m): 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
Beloved, let us VOTE right in
If SOMEONE is;
J = Just
O = On
N = Negative
A = Assignments
T = To
H = Harm
A = All
N = Nigerians
THEN we must also find someone who
will
B = Bring
U = Us
H = Hope
A = And
R = Remove
I = Incompetence

CHANGE in 2015 is desirable and
inevitable.
2015 Campaign Massages

APC 1. We will ensure stable power supply / PDP 1. Where is Mrs Buhari?

APC 2. We are going to fight corruption /
PDP 2. APC plotted to hack INEC computers

APC 3. We are going to fight terrorism /
PDP 3. Some senior citizens are motor park touts
APC. 4. We are going to invest in agriculture /
PDP 4. South South can collapse economy if Jonathan loses

APC 5. We are going to upgrade the standard of Education /
PDP 5. I’ll expose failures of ex-heads of state

VOTE ƑØЯ CHANGE

86 Likes 15 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Firefire(m): 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
Some Nigerians post here in defense of anything just to show support for a dictator. undecided

Check some posts up there and see that Nigeria have a long way to go - SMH

Politics of bitterness. How can someone open his or her eyes to defend Dele Momodu for this act ?

Where is the freedom of speech preached by Goodluck Jonathan and democracy ?

Continue, e o ba eru yin ni bo de. Nonsense. angry

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
From your tweets you were actually insulting. You turned the issue to a personal one. It shouldn't be about Dele. He tweeted his support and you attacked him, including his business. He did the right thing. Move on

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by CrazyScientist: 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2015
Chitexs250:
Beloved, let us VOTE right in
If SOMEONE is;
J = Just
O = On
N = Negative
A = Assignments
T = To
H = Harm
A = All
N = Nigerians
THEN we must also find someone who
will
B = Bring
U = Us
H = Hope
A = And
R = Remove
I = Incompetence

CHANGE in 2015 is desirable and
inevitable.
2015 Campaign Massages

APC 1. We will ensure stable power supply / PDP 1. Where is Mrs Buhari?

APC 2. We are going to fight corruption /
PDP 2. APC plotted to hack INEC computers

APC 3. We are going to fight terrorism /
PDP 3. Some senior citizens are motor park touts
APC. 4. We are going to invest in agriculture /
PDP 4. South South can collapse economy if Jonathan loses

APC 5. We are going to upgrade the standard of Education /
PDP 5. I’ll expose failures of ex-heads of state

VOTE ƑØЯ CHANGE

APC: we will normalize crude oil price

Masses; that's just plain stupid! Crude oil is a world thing you know, this shows you are the real 'CLUELESS' ones.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by FreeGlobe(f): 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2015
Why is dele momodu still relevant? the last time he contested elections, he got 1 vote(apologies to Reuben Abatti). lol.
Even his 1 vote wont save Buhari this time.

21 Likes

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Sconty09(m): 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
This is no big deal on twitter if he could accept your following,he also have a right to unfollowed or blocked you. Then i saw your post saying "shameful" that is an insult to him. he has a right to tilt on sides on glaring evidence especially between age and good governance,and the available scenario.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Gbawe: 4:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
kITATITA:
From your tweets you were actually insulting. You turned the issue to a personal one. It shouldn't be about Dele. He tweeted his support and you stacked him, including his business. He did the right thing. Move on

Thank you. OP goes into Momodu's domain and seems to want the right to speak as indecorously as he wants without sanction from Uncle Dele. It does not work like that. Momodu has no official position that mandates him to tolerate ungracious utterances. It is his right completely to block anything he finds personally offensive. We all have different thresholds tolerance and interpretation for what we consider 'insulting'. As a private citizen, Momodu should have full freedom to make his own interpretation without having to explain himself to anyone. You are right to conclude that OP should simply move on. It is not by force to follow famous individuals, forgetting they are private citizens also, to then demand they must be duty bound to accept and tolerate harsh words and abrasive opinions.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Firefire(m): 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
Sconty09:
This is no big deal on twitter if he could accept your following,he also have a right to unfollowed or blocked you. Then i saw your post saying "shameful" that is an insult to him. he has a right to tilt on sides on glaring evidence especially between age and good governance,and the available scenario.

Do you imagine the many unprintable word again the President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria here?

If Dele have the power and capacity of the president, what do you think would happen Delete or block ? undecided

If I insult you and you could not stomach it then you are not fit to be a leader. except where rules apply!

24 Likes

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by CrazyScientist: 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
Firefire:

Do you imagine the many unprintable word again the President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria here?

If Dele have the power and capacity of the president, what do you think would happen Delete or block ? undecided

If I insult you and you could not stomach it then you are not fit to be a leader. except where rules apply!

Firefire ! I hail thee! #TrueSay

6 Likes

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by englishmart(m): 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
he blocks whoever he wishes to...

6 Likes

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Swizdoe(m): 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
You were biased and he was biased.
But he has the right to block you, its his account not yours. You can block him back but I doubt he is following you

15 Likes

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Firefire(m): 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
CrazyScientist:

Firefire ! I hail thee! #TrueSay

Buddy, I greet you too.

Ibi ti a ba ro wipe ama ba ogbon bi aba ba ago nibe ni yio duni. "Where you expect to meet wisdom if you meet stupidity you will be pained.

I am highly disappointed in the way some people are defending the action of Dele saying na him right to block anything he finds annoying, Yes! Na him right. But, must you abuse your right ? And this was someone thinking of becoming the President of this country undecided

We should then give huge kudos to Goodluck Jonathan for his tolerance, allowing all sorts of insult on the social media, if it is Buhari and some APC governor many people would be in Kirikiri Maximum Prison now.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Mogidi: 4:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
They criticise but can't take criticism, this is why they love Buhari, the only Head of state to gag the press with legislation. Buhari's decree 4 comes to mind.

16 Likes

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by abacus(m): 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
OP, you only seek for attention..

@renoomokri blocked me, it's usual thing.. cry cry baby..

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by SUBMARINE: 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
A beg who be dele

So many names but few have something important to offer undecided

1 Like

Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by CrazyScientist: 4:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
Wait ooo! OP is no longer making FP
Re: See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] by Mogidi: 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
abacus:
OP, you only seek for attention..

@renoomokri blocked me, it's usual thing.. cry cry baby..

Omokri banned you because of your useless posts to derail. Considering the shiit you write here, Seun has been very kind to you. There's a forum out there for you and Musiwa92, I suggest you do a google search for it.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#100wasteddays Trending As Nigerians Take To Twitter To Review President Buhari. / Abdullahi Bodejo Denies Making Statement About Fulani Ruling Nigeria Forever / "You Forged Your School Certificate" - Soludo Attacks Ubah During Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.