Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,827 members, 7,798,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy (24137 Views)

This Guy Celebrates His Mum Who Sold Food By The Roadside For 30 Years / I Called My Friend Gay For Uploading This Pic, Got This Funny Reply From His Mum / See What This Man Did To Save His Mum's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by virginboy1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Eight years ago when I got the news that my mum was pregnant,I was devastated,while everybody were busy expressing the mantra "every child is a blessing".I wasn't happy because another child from a family of 7 will be coming to join this difficult society and as the first Issue of the Family I wasn't comfortable due to the unforseen burden I was going to carry.I pondered over it and got over it with time.

Fast Forward to this year 2015,I just got a news that my mom is pregnant again.
As the 1st child,I am really worried,perplexed and scared.Why?"Finance Responsibilities".

I wonder why many parent create burdens for the first child knownily and unknownily.Moreover,I am still a student.Am disappointed in my dad though.
Also,my mom is in her late 40s,I am afraid of her health,at times I do feel pity and sad for her whenever she walks with weakness and tiredness.

Please all expereinced and knowlegable nairalanders,I need your opinion,discretion,assertions and adviced on this issue please.Thank You.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
As my oga at d top said.. I'm coming back

EHEEN! Adon come back

Na goodmorning dey bring about how are u, if papa no mis-shoot ball 4 field mama no fit mis-catch for goal post. So wetin I dey try talk b sey, tell ur papa 2 hang hin boot sey hin don create record finish sey even Beckam, Ronaldinho, Raul, Ronaldo, Maradona & Pele dem create enof record come hang boot leave ground 4 Messi & C.Ronaldo dem wey go even hang boot soon..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by DesChyko: 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
If it is God's will that the child will be, then the child has to be.

You need to talk to her on your concerns. Hopefully, she will thrash it out with your father.

But that will be after this child. She's in a marriage and you may have the next 'big thing' as a sibling there.

6 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by stinggy(m): 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
Edited

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Lisaflex(f): 6:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
Instead of getting devastated each tym she gets Preggy,go rd abt family planning n teach ur mom abt it or tk her 2 a family planning clinic @ any hospital wer she'll be educated on all she needs 2 know n assisted in mkin an informed choice.

28 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by EfemenaXY: 6:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
virginboy1:
Eight years ago when I got the news that my mum was pregnant,I was devastated,while everybody were busy expressing the mantra "every child is a blessing".I wasn't happy because another child from a family of 7 will be coming to join this difficult society and as the first Issue of the Family I wasn't comfortable due to the unforseen burden I was going to carry.I pondered over it and got over it with time.
Fast Forward to this year 2015,I just got a news that my mom is pregnant again.
As the 1st child,I am really worried,perplexed and scared.Why?"Finance Responsibilities".

I wonder why many parent create burdens for the first child knownily and unknownily.Moreover,I am still a student.Am disappointed in my dad though.
Also,my mom is in her late 40s,I am afraid of her health,at times I do feel pity and sad for her whenever she walks with weakness and tiredness.

Please all expereinced and knowlegable nairalanders,I need your opinion,discretion,assertions and adviced on this issue please.Thank You.

There's not much you can do about your parents decision to have one more child (8th?).

But your mum's tiredness is a cause for concern. Find out if she's on Ferrous Sulphate (Iron tablets) as it's not uncommon for pregnant women to be anemic / iron deficient.

But most importantly, both your parents should seriously be considering birth control and the most effective Family Planning method that would suit them best. In the meantime, assist your mum and give her as much support as she needs.

Goodluck.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
So because they have their own lives to live, he should not worry about them..right? Maybe you are forgetting that he is actually worried about is FAMILY not some random friend or acquaintance across the street.
stinggy:
OP, don't you think your parents have their lives to live? Ok you care about the added financial responsibilities on them, but do you feel they've not thought of it themselves?
You may honestly care for them, but man, it's their lives, their ways!

OP, it is already too little too late to start crying over spilled milk, the deed has been done already and your mum's new pregancy can't be reversed. What you need to do is sit your mum down and discuss with her the health implications of having kids at old age and how she can get to take care of her body now that she is expecting a new one. Educate her on family planning and if possible take her to see a doctor on it too.

About the new pregnancy, I think you should just accept things the way they are right now and hope things turn out well. The major thing to know now is if your parents have a well laid-down plan for you guys .........things might look bleak now but believe me things ain't as bad as you think.

12 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
stinggy:
OP, don't you think your parents have their lives to live? Ok you care about the added financial responsibilities on them, but do you feel they've not thought of it themselves?
You may honestly care for them, but man, it's their lives, their ways!
excuse me please!,what are you trying to prove? The guy know very well about his family and from the look of things his father isn't financially capable of taking care of 5 kids,talk less of 8! C'mon dude,lets face the fact!,this isn't about their life,it's about family planning. Take a look at Northern Nigeria,you'd see what lack of birth control has done to the region,:apart from poverty and illiteracy it has aided in churning out terrorists. When a mother breeds like rats and let them run around without proper home and formal training,what do you get at the end?...potential gangs,armed robbers,419ers,touts, e.t.c

You have to agree with me that the Op has every right to be concerned,because apart from the economic burden which this kid and others before him/her will bring to the family,which could hinder his education,it is certainly a future burden waiting for him.

In a family like this it's expected that the first issue continues from where his parents stopped which is very tasking and uneccessary. He has his life to live,his future and aims in life,he has to marry and adding these avoidable burdens to them isn't advisable.

And also you have to consider his mum's health,c'mon! What's she doing with eight kids at her age?,that's very risky...she should go on pills after this kid. I'd advise the Op to have a serious discussion with his parents on this issue,so that this mistake will not be repeated.
We've gone past the age when we give birth to scores of kids because we believe that they're from God...this is 21st century.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by EfemenaXY: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nobleval:
excuse me please!,what are you trying to prove? The guy know very well about his family and from the look of things his father isn't financially capable of taking care of 5 kids,talk less of 8! C'mon dude,lets face the fact!,this isn't about their life,it's about family planning. Take a look at Northern Nigeria,you'd see what lack of birth control has done to the region,:apart from poverty and illiteracy it has aided in churning out terrorists. When a mother breeds like rats and let them run around without proper home and formal training,what do you get at the end?...potential gangs,armed robbers,419ers,touts, e.t.c

You have to agree with me that the Op has every right to be concerned,because apart from the economic burden which this kid and others before him/her will bring to the family,which could hinder his education,it is certainly a future burden waiting for him.

In a family like this it's expected that the first issue continues from where his parents stopped which is very tasking and uneccessary. He has his life to live,his future and aims in life,he has to marry and adding these avoidable burdens to them isn't advisable.

And also you have to consider his mum's health,c'mon! What's she doing with eight kids at her age?,that's very risky...she should go on pills after this kid. I'd advise the Op to have a serious discussion with his parents on this issue,so that this mistake will not be repeated.
We've gone past the age when we give birth to scores of kids because we believe that they're from God...this is 21st century.

Well said.

I'm surprised this needs to spelt out in so much detail for people to understand why this is a no-no. Anyway, I agree with everything you say apart from the bolded.

For women her age with that much kids, going on the pill isn't advisable as the risks include getting cancer / fibroids...not sure which one. But you are spot on about the need for her to get some sort of birth control fitted as soon as she's birthed this kid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hi,

I am from a large family of ten (6 guys and 2 ladies). We were supposed to be 12 actually, the last two were still births.

Like your mum, my mum got pregnant with her last child in her late forties. Like you, I found it a bit awkward but unlike you, I didn't think much about the added responsibility.

I could say my parents brought us up to accept the family responsibilities when they do come. Though my dad was fully responsible for our education before he retired, he made us understand that there will come a time where we would need to be responsible for each other.

His slogan then was that God brought us together for a reason. No one was a mistake and today we are a family of very educated individuals who are doing well in their respective endeavours.

The road is always hard at first but I shyt you not when I tell you that it would be alright in the end. All that is needed is for all of you to be focused.

Responsibilities are good, you just need to prepare yourself. Being sad about it is definitely not the way to go. I am a living example of how good things can turn out to be.

16 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
Virginboy1, I can understand your worries. However, your parents can do whatever they like and you can't stop them. Now it is too late anyway.

To help you, I would say that even though you are the first child, it does not mean that you have to take responsibility for all these kids. Your parents have to in the first place and when they grow old, your should share the responsibility among you and your other older siblings.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Rosarie(f): 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
seriously coming here will not evn stop a ninth child.u should b talking to ur mom which i can c u u ve not.na wa ooo.in dis jet age.me sef dey plan according to economy.no matter how Hot i n hubby are.i remind him we re or nt ready ooo.n worse u cnt talk to dem cos it will b embarrassing.but seriously no mtr d embarrasment tell dad politely dey need a full stop

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Rosarie(f): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:
Virginboy, I can understand your worries. However, your parents can do whatever they like and you can't stop them. Now it is too late anyway.

To help you, I would say that even though you are the first child, it does not mean that you have to take responsibility for all these kids. Your parents have to in the first place and when they grow old, your should share the responsibility among you and your other older siblings.
depends on d age difference.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
Rosarie:
depends on d age difference.

Explain.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
@Nobleval though I agree with you but not totally. I don't appreciate it when children are seen as burdens. No child is a burden, in my opinion, no matter the circumstance.

Large families are not responsible for the devastation in the North as you made it seem. There are loads of other factors. I have seen very large poor families turn out alright.

I am not saying that peeps should act irresponsibly when it comes to planning their families the natural way but still, the did has been done in this case and it ain't time to apportion blames.

3 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by tmtech: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
Most pple here are just saying its d parents' decision as if d op won't be affect by dis eventually..... Every decision we make affects everyone arnd us.... Once d op start working d parents wud expect or demand from him, same goes for his siblings... Am sure most of u wud blame him if he ignores his siblings wen he starts earning..... Op jst be strong.... Try nd get a family planning expert to educate ur parents and really focus on ur life... Cos ur siblings are definitely going to nid u... I av family issues too caused by d poor decisions of my parents decades back... God be wif u...

7 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Rosarie(f): 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Explain.
if d age difference between him n d younger ones esp d second is much child as soon as his done with skl and starts working due to d long gap mayb dAats wen d younger might b entering college.been d only working child,he wil be expected to join d parents or assist d younger ones but if d gap is not much he n d younger ones will share d responsibilities

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
striktlymi:
I don't appreciate it when children are seen as burdens. No child is a burden, in my opinion, no matter the circumstance.
When you keep producing kids like pure water without having a good plan for them ahead, they then become a burden not just for you but also for your older kids, your relatives and the society at large. Imagine our gateman with a monthly income of just N40,000 having 8 kids and two wives. How on earth will he cope without creating unnecessary burdens for his extending family....who I'm sure have their own problems they are yet to sort out.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
Rosarie:
if d age difference between him n d younger ones esp d second is much child as soon as his done with skl and starts working due to d long gap mayb dAats wen d younger might b entering college.been d only working child,he wil be expected to join d parents or assist d younger ones but if d gap is not much he n d younger ones will share d responsibilities

Virginboy1, how old are you and your siblings?
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
op, advice your mother to go on birth control/contraceptives after this child, for her and your good.

1 Like

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by daxon001(m): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
Tell'er u will commit suicide and matricide if dis continues.
#my 2kobo
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by mutter(f): 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
This life does not always come as you think. At the end of the day it might be this last child that becomes great and takes care of you all.
This is your brother and sister and an enrichment to your lives. I don`t see anything wrong with it. More and more women are giving birth at a later age and it works out.
The only thing you can do is help her where you can.

3 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Op, Can I ask you?

1. Have you really sat down with her (or them) to discuss this as the FIRST Son and a Responsible Young Man?
If Yes, What's their reply?

If No, Go and do that. Having not done that and "complaining" isn't an attitude of A Man that is ready to TAKE responsibility sooner or later.

2. Saying you're disappointed in your dad is enough to "shut the heavens over you"- I found it in my Bible. " Your parents are still your parents. Don't disregard or disrespect them in your heart or actions- It's Costly.

3. smiley Who even told you just because you're the first means that you will be the one to "shoulder the responsibility" in your whole family? Who told you?
Joseph was the 12th child out of 13, yet they all survived through him! David was the last out of 7 and became their king and provider! I could go on and on, using real life examples...

Take no thought for the morrow, sufficient to the day is the evil thereof- This is your predicament.

NB: I'm not saying they should keep bearing kids any how.

Don't be offended at my use of Scriptures. It's all I know. wink

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by virginboy1(m): 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
[quote author=EfemenaXY post=29673833]

There's not much you can do about your parents decision to have one more child (8th?).

This is really sad.
I need support in my carrier path so that i should be able to care and cater for the others at the longrun.
And now this.

Well,thanks for your opinion Sir,I appreciate
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by mutter(f): 8:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
virginboy1:
God will se you through and will never give you a burden you cannot carrry. It is well you should look at the positive side of ti.
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by 1miccza: 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
I quite understand your concerns OP but I think you should politely and gently tell your mum what you feel...
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by Kimoni: 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
Why don't you take your time to educate them? Both of them. Let's not take it for granted they fully understand the consequences of what is happening or even know how to prevent it.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by virginboy1(m): 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nobleval:

You really nailed it Sir,
It is just so sad for me,I hardly look at my parent on their face now.I just hope to find the calmness to talk to them as advised
Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by SAMBARRY: 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
Op face ya front. E consain you abi na you impregnate your mama ni? E no get pesin wey overfloat her belle. Abeg let the owner of the belle and the carrier of the belle be worried about their issues. It's their business to handle and none of your concern so worry about yourself and your issues

4 Likes

Re: He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy by virginboy1(m): 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Virginboy1, how old are you and your siblings?
I am 26yrs old,my younger bro 24yrs just graduated,i have a younger sis (22yrs) in the unversity,another sis(19yrs) battling with admission. And two siblings(10 and 8 yrs) still in primary school.
My dad is about to be retired.
I ought not to be complaining,but i just have to because its bodering me alot.
And am here battling with varsity fees.

Thanks for your humble contribution

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

After 17 Years Of Childlessness, Couple Loses Newborn Twin Babies In Auto Crash / Little Boy Dies In Kaduna House Fire (Photos) / Ajibola Otubusin Holds Naming Ceremony For Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.