Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State (36849 Views)

9 Richest Kings In The History Of Nigeria & How They Enjoy Royal Splendour(pics) / Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / East African Coast | Culture And People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by viva7: 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
Umu nwanim, ndewo nu ooooooo. I rep. Umuokwa in umede nkpa. ?...... I am indeed happy to be here.... jisinu ike wooo
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by LaurelP(m): 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
viva7:

Umu nwanim, ndewo nu ooooooo. I rep. Umuokwa in umede nkpa. ?...... I am indeed happy to be here.... jisinu ike wooo

Ndewo nwanyi oma!
Abum onye amaedukwu.
Kedu ebe ino?

1 Like

Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by viva7: 11:26am On Jun 16, 2015
LaurelP:

Ndewo nwanyi oma!
Abum onye amaedukwu.
Kedu ebe ino?

E bia wo, ebim la port harcourt
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by DEBJOCH1(m): 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
Surprised to see that Ozuitem is not mentioned as part of the town under Bende. Infact I am so proud of my Ozu avuru ngbom people, I swear dem fit farm for Nigeria, dem farm die, and our land is so fertile, plantain looking like yam tubber. Abia is blessed, Bende is fertile and Nigeria is blessed. One love my peep.

2 Likes

Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by 1beth: 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2017
how is their women? are they loyal? how is their bride price? is it expensive? pls anyone with useful information should help me with it, Thanks. i have a junior brother who wants to marry from there.
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Eke40seven(m): 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
1beth:
how is their women? are they loyal? how is their bride price? is it expensive? pls anyone with useful information should help me with it, Thanks. i have a junior brother who wants to marry from there.
You can bet that the women are beautiful and wonderful! There are good and bad people everywhere though, just look into the family background of your bride. Loyality depends on the individual but the culture frowns against a rebellious wife. Girls are trained right from childhood to be homely.
The bridal price is relatively reasonable. You don't have to break the banks to afford it, especially the basic things, except you want to hold a big jamboree.
However, I think they like to marry from families who are from same town or very close. That will count on your favour.
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Kojiek: 8:46am On Apr 12, 2018
Itumbauzo is also in Bende LGA. Bende is the largest LGA in Abia State, which is why it has two state reps in the state assembly, and a rep (in the person of Hon. Nnenna Elendu Ukeje) at the federal level. NYSC camp Umunnato, federal high court Bende Town, leprosy center Uzuakoli, proposed federal polytechnic Item, two Methodist bishop seats (Uzuakoli and Item), two federal highways, a private university at Igbere, farm settlements, and lot more are located in this LGA.

1 Like

Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Chigojude: 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
Kojiek:
Itumbauzo is also in Bende LGA. Bende is the largest LGA in Abia State, which is why it has two state reps in the state assembly, and a rep (in the person of Hon. Nnenna Elendu Ukeje) at the federal level. NYSC camp Umunnato, federal high court Bende Town, leprosy center Uzuakoli, proposed federal polytechnic Item, two Methodist bishop seats (Uzuakoli and Item), two federal highways, a private university at Igbere, farm settlements, and lot more are located in this LGA.

nice info kojiek! can we all be able to put our stories and writings in an organized place on the worldwide web. so that future generations can read and understand their roots. as we all know, most children hardly know Thur traditions, mother tongue or even the road to heir village. if you are with me pls indicate let's start a Facebook page and a blog.

2 Likes

Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Chinachriss(m): 10:15am On Apr 13, 2018
ICHINONYE:

sory Old Bende is 3million that waz a mistake , the present Bende s 128.227 sory for the mix up .

on d villages its been corrected we re all learning here
You are equally wrong too. According to 2006 Population Census, Bende has 192, 621 persons
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Chinachriss(m): 10:21am On Apr 13, 2018
When you said Bende has a population of 3 million, I'm sure you meant the entire population of Abia State. Right?
What makes you think they are not up to 3 million? He is considering Bende people nor resident in Bende. There's no where you will go to in Nigeria without seeing the Bende people. They are very hardworking and assiduous too. Come to Aba, they dominate the Shoe, bag and okrika business. Go to Cotonou and Togo, they are everywhere there doing their okrika business. Don't say what you don't know.
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Chinachriss(m): 10:23am On Apr 13, 2018
Abiagirl777:
You have tried but your research is half baked.
1. To start with the new bende LGA comprises of villages lyk Alayi,item,bende,nkpa,okporoenyi,ugwueke ,eziukwu,igbere and some more not the communities in your nkpa u listed which i've never heard or came across.
2.They are not 3million in no.
3. God will punish the incumbent Governor,tell him.
Btw,iam frm Alayi by birth,but marriage no.
Have you considered other Bende sons and daughters not domiciled there?

Unu na-ako nonsense nnoo!
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Chinachriss(m): 10:29am On Apr 13, 2018
Redoil:
you dey mind them.
That was how a clown claim that igbo people are the largest ethnic group in nigeria

Please, tell us the largest ethnic group in Nigeria? We are talking of what is visible to the eyes and not bogus number. The Igbo is the largest ethnic in Nigeria.

I know you will mention Nigeria census but we all know that Nigeria census is flawed.
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Chinachriss(m): 10:39am On Apr 13, 2018
ICHINONYE:

sory Old Bende is 3million that waz a mistake , the present Bende s 128.227 sory for the mix up .

on d villages its been corrected we re all learning here
Bro, Old Bende is more than that. Remember, Old Bende comprises Ohafia, Afikpo, Edda, and probably Arochukwu o! The number you have in Census are people resident there during election. Ohafia alone had more than 248, 000 during 2006 election. That is more than ten years ago.

Your conjecture is right jare. Anybody that has contrary notion should argue logically and not spinelessly.

Meanwhile, I'm from Imo, precisely Mbano but born and bred in Aba.
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Chigojude: 2:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by UzomaFC: 10:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ozuitem is also in Bende LGA cos am from there, from ndi-ogaba autonomous community ozuitem ogboko.

Anam ekele unu nile oooooo.
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Rodriguez1997: 4:58am On Jun 13, 2020
I love what I'm seeing. I'm Nkem Kalu fro Alayi. Please can we have a or create a WhatsApp group for more interactive sessions. . Here's my WhatsApp number 08116925483
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Ekpoigiriri(m): 8:32am On Aug 26, 2020
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by derbykol(f): 11:01am On Sep 04, 2020
pazienza:
Add Umuhu Ezechi, and[b][/b] Loghum [b][/b]imenyi, to the list of Bende towns.

Nice thread, by the way.
Lohum
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by derbykol(f): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2020
Eke40seven:

You can bet that the women are beautiful and wonderful! There are good and bad people everywhere though, just look into the family background of your bride. Loyality depends on the individual but the culture frowns against a rebellious wife. Girls are trained right from childhood to be homely.
The bridal price is relatively reasonable. You don't have to break the banks to afford it, especially the basic things, except you want to hold a big jamboree.
However, I think they like to marry from families who are from same town or very close. That will count on your favour.
Great advice from a sound mind.
Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2021
Umunnem ndi bende, owara nu oh!!
Abu m onye agbo-mmiri. Ndewo nu

3 Likes

Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Wilsonzinny(f): 5:25am On Jul 03, 2021
Owara nu oh..Abu m nwaafor ovum ugwu nkpa.

2 Likes

Re: The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2021
Wilsonzinny:
Owara nu oh..Abu m nwaafor ovum ugwu nkpa.
Iya nwanne ukwu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbologun, Island Where Pregnant Women Must Not Go Into Labour At Midnight / 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.