Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,807 members, 7,806,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. (132652 Views)

Half-Unclad Women In Birnin Amina, Niger State, Can't Afford Clothes (Pics) / Slaves from The Bight of Benin Vs The Bight of Biafra- Numbers & Cultural Legacy / Why African Women Must Go Natural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Ishilove: 10:43am On Jan 12, 2015
Sile12:
Slave women were forced to comply with sexual
advances by their masters on a very regular basis.
Consequences of resistance often came in the form of physical beatings; thus, an enormous number of slaves became concubines for these men. Most often the masters were already bound in matrimony, which caused tension and hatred between the slave and the mistress of the house. Many "mulatto" or racially mixed children also resulted from these relations. Because the "status of the child" followed that of his or her mother, the child of a white man would not be freed based upon patriarchal genealogy. These children also became a sore reminder for the mistress of her husbands infidelity.

Slave owners often impregnated enslaved women on purpose so they could have more workers in the field.

Mistresses often beat enslaved women for having sex with their husbands while the husband was never held accountable.

Owners of enslaved women usually took no responsibility or ownership of the babies they had with these women.

Slaver nursing her white master's child, (pic, 1890).

Masters abusing a black slave/servant (1600)
Most likely consensual, not as a result of slavery. Slavery was abolished in Britain in 1804, and the war of emancipation fought in the USA from 1860-1865. There was discrimination in 1890, but slavery had long being abolished in the western world by this time.

So the bolded is very incorrect. Sile12 check your facts.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by frodobee: 11:35am On Jan 12, 2015
That chic could be ur aunt or granny's sister.

Anyways white women are nakeding themselves on cam without chains or canes these days for naija boys at will.

2 Likes

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
Ishilove:

Most likely consensual, not as a result of slavery. Slavery was abolished in Britain in 1804, and the war of emancipation fought in the USA from 1860-1865. There was discrimination in 1890, but slavery had long being abolished in the western world by this time.

Not sure about the date really, Wanted to write 1800’s because I saw the picture on about four different pages with different 18th century dates.

The picture was taken in France not in Britain
This is the full copy of the picture, below you see this citation:

"Type de « négresse » d’Adana Nourrice noire allaitante éditions G. Mizrahi, Adana, carte postale, 9 x 14,"

Yes both the United States and the Britain abolished in 1804,

Revolutionary France abolished slavery in 1794, but it
was restored by Napoleon in the French colonies in

Thanks sir

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Ishilove: 12:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
Sile12:

Not sure about the date really, Wanted to write 1800’s because I saw the picture on about four different pages with different 18th century dates.

The picture was taken in France not in Britain
This is the full copy of the picture, below you see this citation:

"Type de « négresse » d’Adana Nourrice noire allaitante éditions G. Mizrahi, Adana, carte postale, 9 x 14,"

Revolutionary France abolished slavery in 1794, but it
was restored by Napoleon in the French colonies in

Thanks sir
The picture was definitely taken before 1890. 1890 is just ten years from the 20th century. Believe me, slavery had long been abolished before this time.

Britain abolished slavery in 1804 and championed the abolition in other territories worldwide. USA, a former British colony, on the other hand had to fight a bloody civil war before slavery could be abolished in 1865.

Judging by the clarity of the negress photo, I should put the date anywhere between 1820 to the 1840s, as slavery was abolished in France in 1848 during the second republic. History is not a subject of speculation, but I can state emphatically that the photo was taken long before 1890. By this time the French already had territories in Africa so slavery during this period would have put France at a disadvantage in the league of nations who were rivals with each other.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2015
Ishilove:

The picture was definitely taken before 1890. 1890 is just ten years from the 20th century. Believe me, slavery had long been abolished before this time.

Britain abolished slavery in 1804 and championed the abolition in other territories worldwide. USA, a former British colony, on the other hand had to fight a bloody civil war before slavery could be abolished in 1865.

Judging by the clarity of the negress photo, I should put the date anywhere between 1820 to the 1840s, as slavery was abolished in France in 1848 during the second republic. History is not a subject of speculation, but I can state emphatically that the photo was taken long before 1890. By this time the French already had territories in Africa so slavery during this period would have put France at a disadvantage in the league of nations who were rivals with each other.

Writing 1890 instead of 1800’s (18th century) was a mistake I made in the first place. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by MrPresident1: 4:38pm On Jan 12, 2015
Deuteronomy 28:68
And the Lord shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

Mentally dead Negroes who cannot make the connection that they are the Israelites of the Bible.

Were the Netanyahu fake Jews ever enslaved like this? Mtsheeeeeeew!

Anyways, the word 'Negro' also means 'dead' so there is no ambiguity here.

1 Like

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Fkforyou(m): 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2015
fijiano202:
chai see kaka...i dey massturbate this night....sure banker
In Gandalf's voice.....

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by jacqo: 6:54am On Jan 15, 2015
Although,oUr forefathers suffered but their generations are enjoying it now,dem b citizens now. We wey our fore fathers go hide dey queu 4 visa now to join dem.
Tell me,which person fore fathers sarcrife pass?

No be so so kill we dey kill ourselves. Boko for 9ja,al shaba for somalia,diff rebels frm kenya,angola,drc,mali,egpty,libia etc. Dem 4. Don catch my papa too make I dey enjoye now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by tpiah11: 6:55am On Jan 15, 2015
is it everything that titillates you people?
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Oildichotomy(m): 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
This was actually in Nigeria

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
Oildichotomy:

Yes, but they weren't slaves. Just a cultural appearance, those I posted were slaves.

3 Likes

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 10:51am On Jan 17, 2015
huh
going back to history to study what our people went through will help this generation
but I pray this people suffer what they made them suffer

3 Likes

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by ireneony(f): 11:18am On Jan 17, 2015
God help the black race cry

6 Likes

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 17, 2015
ireneony:
God help the black race cry

Amen.

1 Like

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by macof(m): 8:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
Africa has suffered
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by tpiaP: 9:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
how are the people waanking to the pictures, suffering?

4 Likes

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by macof(m): 1:08am On Jan 18, 2015
tpiaP:
how are the people waanking to the pictures, suffering?

Then would you gladly go naked by order of some caucasian perverts?
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 18, 2015
macof:

Then would you gladly go naked by order of some caucasian perverts?

Bros, I believe as a a slave then they had no choice. They have to do whatever their masters ask them to do because they were passing through a lot. They will be tortured, raped, starved, forced to work, killed, used for experiments/Practical/Lab specimens and so on. Even before getting to these countries, many we're murdered on board of their ship or thrown overboard alive in the middle of the ocean. A Male slave that experiences these daily will do anything the master ask him to do not to talk of a female slave.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ayoakinkahunsi:
huh
going back to history to study what our people went through will help this generation
but I pray this people suffer what they made them suffer
Of course. Even if its already +500 years, their children, children dedefinitely will. You can take that to the bank.

1 Like

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 5:20am On Jan 19, 2015
Sile12:

Slavery was not abolished in the US until 1865.

1 Like

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 19, 2015
AABeauty:

Slavery was not abolished in the US until 1865.

Abolition of slavery occurred sequentially in more than one stage. In 1804, all Northern states had voted to abolish the institution of slavery within their borders. In most of these states, however, abolition was not immediate. Instead, gradual emancipation laws set deadlines by which all slaves would be freed, releasing individuals as they reached a certain age or the end of a certain work period.

The slave trade was again abolished in the United States from 1 January 1808. However, slavery continued on an illegal basis for almost sixty years till around this date you mentioned. The campaign to end slavery itself in the United
States was long and bitter.

Anti slavery campaign in America, 1789-1861 (photo).

Ishilove

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2015
Sile12:

Abolition of slavery occurred sequentially in more than one stage. In 1804, all Northern states had voted to abolish the institution of slavery within their borders. In most of these states, however, abolition was not immediate. Instead, gradual emancipation laws set deadlines by which all slaves would be freed, releasing individuals as they reached a certain age or the end of a certain work period.

The slave trade was again abolished in the United States from 1 January 1808. However, slavery continued on an illegal basis for almost sixty years till around this date you mentioned. The campaign to end slavery itself in the United
States was long and bitter.

Anti slavery campaign in America, 1789-1861 (photo).

Ishilove

Just to clarify some points, The Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves of 1807, which was enacted in 1808, did not abolish slavery in the U.S. The act made it illegal to import Black/African slaves from other countries to America. However, slaves that were slaves prior to the act's enactment remained slaves legally. Internal slavery was abolished in early 1865, as we already mentioned, but slavery continue illegally until at least June 19, 1865. To this day, Juneteenth is considered a holiday to some African Americans.

Anyway, not arguing with you. Its nice to see this topic discussed on Nairaland. wink

2 Likes

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
AABeauty:

Just to clarify some points, The Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves of 1807, which was enacted in 1808, did not abolish slavery in the U.S. The act made it illegal to import Black/African slaves from other countries to America. However, slaves that were slaves prior to the act's enactment remained slaves legally. Internal slavery was abolished in early 1865, as we already mentioned, but slavery continue illegally until at least June 19, 1865. To this day, Juneteenth is considered a holiday to some African Americans.

Anyway, not arguing with you. Its nice to see this topic discussed on Nairaland. wink

Bros exactly, we not arguing, just a discussion. Thanks for your contribution bro...

1 Like

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by tpiaN: 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ishilove:

shocked Never knew you are a Sis o.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by segxi1960: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2015
Oildichotomy:

But not Ibo, The Ibo's are not known to wear brass.

I have a friend from somewhere in Cross River state who says that's their traditional attire even till today.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by MzCorleone(f): 9:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
Sile12:
(Memorial) Planking.

Slaves captured in Africa were stowed away on ships during the “Middle Passage” journey during the late 16th century and forced to sleep on wooden planks. “Planking” was the term used when slave owners transported the slaves on these ships. Unclad, underfed, and forced to lie on hard planking in
unhygienic conditions, many slaves failed to survive the transatlantic voyage and thrown overboard.
Quite disturbing to imagine people packed like sardines kept in a morgue.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 3:25am On Feb 17, 2015
MzCorleone:
Quite disturbing to imagine people packed like sardines kept in a morgue.

Yeah, that's what they(slaves) passed through.

1 Like

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by MzCorleone(f): 7:44am On Feb 17, 2015
Sile12:

Yeah, that's what they(slaves) passed through.
What they passed through was quite disturbing.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 17, 2015
MzCorleone:
What they passed through was quite disturbing.

Can you please borrow me another word that supercedes disturbing...

That's what our ancestors passed through....

1 Like

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by hardbody: 9:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
I had seen some of these pics at the slave museum in Calabar. However the real life experience at Elmina Castle in Ghana still haunts me till today. Those slaves suffered. That is all i can say. To think that my forbears strongly supported this act only in exchange for gin, gun powder and mirrors is another thing to think about. May God forgive them because I won't.

3 Likes

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by r0cky(m): 11:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
Curiouser:

No.....Not until I cum.
*ties magun round his hand and dick* grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.