Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Please Help Me!!!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help Me!!!!! (1031 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me!!!!! by Skykid1208(m): 9:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
Greetings great Nairlanders am a fresher (new student) in one of our state University. My course of study is biology and education in the faculty of education. Am badly in need of advice regarding my career choice.
I need the answers to some questions

1. Career as a lecturer or becoming an it professional Which is more lucrative and rewarding.

2. What are the steps am going to pass through to become a renowned lecturer

3. What is the average salary of a graduate assistant.

4. What are the steps a graduate of biology and education is going to pass through to become an it expert, I know it is possible but I don't know the right steps to take once I graduate.

Please I would appreciate your advice and may God bless you as you help a bro

......................#tags xfire Jarus, 2sexy davide470 Tanimola22 Ajanlekoko, Jpphilips
Ajahexcel Imag5 Scantee Dailynews,
Ideology, Oyb, Bizngr, Orikinla, Dustydee,
AroOkigbo, Hndholder, Debosky,
Conyema12, Timmy, GODAKPAN, Weselion,
Edoblakky, Jaybee3, Sagamite,
Darellrivers, MsSteph, Tiimmy, Nitrogen,
Bigdreams, Olutola88, Feex, Dmainman,
Yamakuza.
Re: Please Help Me!!!!! by ideology(m): 11:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
Skykid1208:
Greetings great Nairlanders am a fresher (new student) in one of our state University. My course of study is biology and education in the faculty of education. Am badly in need of advice regarding my career choice.
I need the answers to some questions

1. Career as a lecturer or becoming an it professional Which is more lucrative and rewarding.

2. What are the steps am going to pass through to become a renowned lecturer

3. What is the average salary of a graduate assistant.

4. What are the steps a graduate of biology and education is going to pass through to become an it expert, I know it is possible but I don't know the right steps to take once I graduate.

Please I would appreciate your advice and may God bless you as you help a bro

......................#tags xfire Jarus, 2sexy1 davide470 Tanimola22 Ajanlekoko, Jpphilips
Ajahexcel Imag5 Scantee Dailynews,
Ideology, Oyb, Bizngr, Orikinla, Dustydee,
AroOkigbo, Hndholder, Debosky,
Conyema12, Timmy, GODAKPAN, Weselion,
Edoblakky, Jaybee3, Sagamite,
Darellrivers, MsSteph, Tiimmy, Nitrogen,
Bigdreams, Olutola88, Feex, Dmainman,
Yamakuza.

Seeing this tag out of the blues.
Now I wonder if am popular on NL grin
Tagging me with these heavy men/women shocked shocked

Let me drop my 2cents grin

Lecturing is a nice profession for various reasons.
Personally I'll love to lecture esp when I eventually work in my core field as a Geoscientist.

Be that as it may, firstly, I'll applaud your courage for choosing to lecture and making the decision early. This will help give you a focus throughout your stay in school. Kudos!!

Being a lecturer will involve studying to know rather than just passing exams which is common in the Nigerian University system.
Implying that you will have to read wide/ go extra miles and so on.

I believe there may be fields of specialty you would love to major on, decide that as soon as possible.

I will also advise you develop relationship with dependable lecturers in your department. You can open up to them on your prospects and choose one of them to mentor you.

As an undergraduate ensure you do something different in terms of research that will make you stand out. Even if the topic is not totally a new one, do something excellent that would motivate your supervisor to push it for publication.

Don't shy away from competitions in your field, be relevant in your department and the professional bodies that is the umbrella body for your course of study. Attend relevant conferences and network with the professional colleagues you meet.

To be renowned in your field, lots of research and publications are required. If possible discover something new, maybe even methodologies different from the ones already in use.

Am aware some schools grant their best graduating students of departments, better still first class students automatic slots to become lecturer in their various departments. Find that out in your department and work towards that.
After graduation, you will need to go for Masters degree asap, then during the period you can apply for assistant Lecturer position.

The basic salary may be between (150k - 200k)

Be the best, God bless you kiss

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me!!!!! by Skykid1208(m): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
ideology:

Seeing this tag out of the blues.
Now I wonder if am popular on NL grin
Tagging me with these heavy men/women shocked shocked

Let me drop my 2cents grin

Lecturing is a nice profession for various reasons.
Personally I'll love to lecture esp when I eventually work in my core field as a Geoscientist.

Be that as it may, firstly, I'll applaud your courage for choosing to lecture and making the decision early. This will help give you a focus throughout your stay in school. Kudos!!

Being a lecturer will involve studying to know rather than just passing exams which is common in the Nigerian University system.
Implying that you will have to read wide/ go extra miles and so on.

I believe there may be fields of specialty you would love to major on, decide that as soon as possible.

I will also advise you develop relationship with dependable lecturers in your department. You can open up to them on your prospects and choose one of them to mentor you.

As an undergraduate ensure you do something different in terms of research that will make you stand out. Even if the topic is not totally a new one, do something excellent that would motivate your supervisor to push it for publication.

Don't shy away from competitions in your field, be relevant in your department and the professional bodies that is the umbrella body for your course of study. Attend relevant conferences and network with the professional colleagues you meet.

To be renowned in your field, lots of research and publications are required. If possible discover something new, maybe even methodologies different from the ones already in use.

Am aware some schools grant their best graduating students of departments, better still first class students automatic slots to become lecturer in their various departments. Find that out in your department and work towards that.
After graduation, you will need to go for Masters degree asap, then during the period you can apply for assistant Lecturer position.

The basic salary may be between (150k - 200k)

Be the best, God bless you kiss

Wooooooooooowww!!!!!
I couldn't ask for a better advice.
Thanks boss and God bless for inspiration.

I really do appreciate your help.
Once again thanks alot

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2015/2016 Admission In India / Free International Msc Scholarship For Nigerian Graduates To Study Abroad / Any Recent Petroleum Engineering Graduate In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.