Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,167 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) (119444 Views)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Monday Morning Inspiration From The Humans Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 10, 2015
AdesinaOlajide:

Yes it does make sense to me too, I had lists centered around myself alone too but I've started to make adjustments, though I haven't given back to humanity yet but hopefully before the end of the year. You should try altering your wishes too.

Yes mine is complete because I have replaced so much of 'I want" with 'contentment and thanksgiving' for what I have.

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 10, 2015
favoured234:

There are just a lot I want for my bucket list...
I want to do this, then that and blah blah blah
At times it makes one so anxious and jittery when things don't go as planned..
With most of these pictures, it just makes me feel my bucket list is just a selfish one that contributes little or nothing to humanity

Does it make sense to you?
now i get it.. the world would be a better place if we gave others the much-needed care and attention...

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
"When Vivian was your 10 months old, she fell ill and was crying and vomiting I took her to the hospital thinking it was something minor. She was diagnosed and the doctor told us she has acyanotic congenital heart condition. A hole in the heart. I didn't fully understand what he meant then. I was just hearing about that type of sickness for the first time. They said she needs to be flown to India for a corrective surgery since then we've been trying to raise the money. We've gone to the Lagos state Government and they told us that funds to take care of such issues hasn't been released we've been placed on waiting for a long time. We also went to Kanu heart foundation and we were shocked when they gave us forms and told us to use it to go and appeal for funds from our friends that we are responsible for raising the money. Since then we've been going up and down and no success yet. Her case is getting worse and last month she started vomiting blood from the nose and mouth, we rushed her to the hospital and they said they were signs of respiratory distress, tachycardia and further features of heart disease were confirmed. The doctor advised we do the surgery as fast as possible. I can't stand seeing her in pains, each time I just start crying and asking why her? Why She has to suffer like this. I just feel helpless whenever I see her in pains like we are just watching her and counting down."

Hi guys, I don't know how we can be able to help little Vivian. If anyone knows an NGO or any organization that can help with the surgery please send an email to thehumansoflagos(@)(gmail.com)

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Numerouuuno: 11:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"When Vivian was your 10 months old, she fell ill and was crying and vomiting I took her to the hospital thinking it was something minor. She was diagnosed and the doctor told us she has acyanotic congenital heart condition. A hole in the heart. I didn't fully understand what he meant then. I was just hearing about that type of sickness for the first time. They said she needs to be flown to India for a corrective surgery since then we've been trying to raise the money. We've gone to the Lagos state Government and they told us that funds to take care of such issues hasn't been released we've been placed on waiting for a long time. We also went to Kanu heart foundation and we were shocked when they gave us forms and told us to use it to go and appeal for funds from our friends that we are responsible for raising the money. Since then we've been going up and down and no success yet. Her case is getting worse and last month she started vomiting blood from the nose and mouth, we rushed her to the hospital and they said they were signs of respiratory distress, tachycardia and further features of heart disease were confirmed. The doctor advised we do the surgery as fast as possible. I can't stand seeing her in pains, each time I just start crying and asking why her? Why She has to suffer like this. I just feel helpless whenever I see her in pains like we are just watching her and counting down."

Hi guys, I don't know how we can be able to help little Vivian. If anyone knows an NGO or any organization that can help with the surgery please send an email to thehumansoflagos(@)(gmail.com)
You might need to involve naira land tehn network.
I think they might have a way of helping.
when the donation starts , please quote me and let me drop a token.

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 11:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
*update* the initial plan was to get celebrities or NGOs to handle this but a lot of our followers suggested we open a gofundme account and set off the donations without waiting on anybody. To donate, visit the go fund me page on the bio or copy this url. http://www.gofundme.com/ojv9zs we can do this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
TochiPhotos:
*update* the initial plan was to get celebrities or NGOs to handle this but a lot of our followers suggested we open a gofundme account and set off the donations without waiting on anybody. To donate, visit the go fund me page on the bio or copy this url. http://www.gofundme.com/ojv9zs we can do this.
you can use indiegogo.com for much wider reach.... Indiegogo.com is in same ranks as kickstarter.com with global reach. When done, drop the link on Nairaland as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:52pm On Mar 12, 2015
2sExy1:
you can use indiegogo.com for much wider reach.... Indiegogo.com is in same ranks as kickstarter.com with global reach. When done, drop the link on Nairaland as well
Gofundme serves the same purpose.... Is there a particular reason we should open indiegogo as well? A follower on Instagram opened an indie gogo when I still had issues with the gofundme but I told her to close it since the gofundme is now active. Does indie gogo have any edge over gofundme? What do you think?
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:53pm On Mar 12, 2015
"I've stopped going to school cos I'm not feeling fine. I miss my friends in school I also miss Aunty Lola. I like Aunty Lola cos she doesn't flog me in class. I want to be a lawyer when I grow up."
Little Vivian has acyanotic congenital heart defect (a hole in the heart) we are currently raising funds for her surgery in India. So far we've raised $688 and we still need $14,122 to meet the target. The doctors advised the surgery be carried out as soon as possible. To donate visit the gofundme link http://www.gofundme.com/ojv9zs God bless you as you help save vivian's life. Please mention any celebrity or friend you think might be able to help. And also suggest any NGO you think can help out with the surgery. Please repost.

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by simiolu1(m): 10:20am On Mar 13, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I've stopped going to school cos I'm not feeling fine. I miss my friends in school I also miss Aunty Lola. I like Aunty Lola cos she doesn't flog me in class. I want to be a lawyer when I grow up."
Little Vivian has acyanotic congenital heart defect (a hole in the heart) we are currently raising funds for her surgery in India. So far we've raised $688 and we still need $14,122 to meet the target. The doctors advised the surgery be carried out as soon as possible. To donate visit the gofundme link http://www.gofundme.com/ojv9zs God bless you as you help save vivian's life. Please mention any celebrity or friend you think might be able to help. And also suggest any NGO you think can help out with the surgery. Please repost.
babymama, Seun, lalasticala, stag, babyosisi, moca, tehn, stinggy, gazzuzz, Siena, cityng, drnoel, nitefury, fantasyisland, tehn members and all nairalanders, an appeal for help!!!
Op, pls open a new thread for this case and post d link here. D case would get more attention like that and Tehn can then help with donations
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 11:09am On Mar 13, 2015
simiolu1:

babymama, Seun, lalasticala, stag, babyosisi, moca, tehn, stinggy, gazzuzz, Siena, cityng, drnoel, nitefury, fantasyisland, tehn members and all nairalanders, an appeal for help!!!
Op, pls open a new thread for this case and post d link here. D case would get more attention like that and Tehn can then help with donations
Great idea. I've opened a thread for it www.nairaland.com/2193913/save-vivians-life#31574997 Mods please can you help move it to the fp? Please.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
In just 2 days we've been able to raise $3,160 for Vivian. It's so amazing what you guys have done so far thanks to all those tagging friends, reposting and sharing this. And special thanks to all the people who donated. We still need $11,840 left to meet the target. I believe we can do this. And thanks to all those who suggested an NGO or the other. United Kids foundation met with Vivian's mum yesterday and they've started making arrangements, going through the documents and getting in touch with Hospitals in India. Let's do this people. To donate visit the gofundme link http://www.gofundme.com/ojv9zs please mention friends who haven't seen this and repost on your page. Thanks people... You guys are amazing. God bless you all.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by trevolady(f): 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
U'r realy doing a great job bro,God bless you richly!

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by anitank(f): 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
The gofund page keeps loading endlessly
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
anitank:
The gofund page keeps loading endlessly
Are you still facing this issue? try using Google Chrome.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 4:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
"My course mates call me small. I don't think I'm the youngest in the class, one other girl is way younger than I am. I've never been bulied, I think everyone is busy with their academics to care about bullying. The times I get picked on it's always banter and nothing serious. I'm 3 months into my ICAN it's tough combining undergrad and writing a professional exam but I like challenges and I believe I can ace it."

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
I met my husband in 2012 in NYSC camp, after serving I was lucky to get a job immediately and each time I get paid I'd always try and get him a few things. For 6 months he couldn't get a job it was really tough for him. We weren't married yet but I was spending on him from the little I earned and some times, I'd start questioning myself and thinking what if he leaves me at the end of the day but the thing was he never asked me for any of the things I did for him. I did it cos I believed in him and his dreams. He has so much potential and I believed the tough times would soon be over. I was so happy when he finally got a job and he now earns way more than I do. At the end of each month we would make a list of the things we want to achieve and also contribute from our salaries to get things done. We have a plan of how we want our future to be and we are slowly getting there. We planned to get married later this year but we've already done that. We got married November last year cos we achieved some of our goals sooner than we expected." www.thehumansoflagos.com

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by bukolacole(m): 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
Very recently, I was watching an old American film, and the following conversation ensued between two characters, Man: Everybody has got a list of things to be grateful for each day of our lifes. Boy: Have got nothing to be grateful for. Man: You see, you have just got one, you are in Texas. I will like to relate that boy to everybody reading this thread, that you have got something to be grateful for reading this,some here has taught love, hope and kindness. All I have to say is, To those of us that has been denied by the system in our various countries, do not relent, our victory is around the corner, just a bit of patience and prayer, our stories will change for better. To the owner of this thread, like people will say ' The reward of the teacher is in heaven'. I pray God in heaven will reward you beyond your expectations, your have really taught lessons and touched lifes.

9 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2015
"Years back I was addicted to video games. I would spend hours in the game house playing games even missing school on some occasions and spend the entire day gaming. I did so many unthinkable things just to be able to play games. No matter the lies I told my father always knew it was game I went to play and I was flogged and punished everyday. The flogging didn't stop me tho I got used to the beatings and would go out and play games anyway but after some time, I just lost interest in gaming and funny thing was then I was a bit independent and could game all day if I wanted but it just didn't appeal to me anymore."

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by GIYAZZ(m): 7:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"Years back I was addicted to video games. I would spend hours in the game house playing games even missing school on some occasions and spend the entire day gaming. I did so many unthinkable things just to be able to play games. No matter the lies I told my father always knew it was game I went to play and I was flogged and punished everyday. The flogging didn't stop me tho I got used to the beatings and would go out and play games anyway but after some time, I just lost interest in gaming and funny thing was then I was a bit independent and could game all day if I wanted but it just didn't appeal to me anymore."
Lol, I loved gaming too when I was a lil' kid but I was never an addict. . . Many of my friends were though, but I just didn't cop that 'much interest' for Video games. I don't know why sha, maybe it's because I was and still a kid with a difference! wink

@ Glamrock you need to see this thread! Read from the first page to this one and Thank me later! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Glamrock(f): 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Lol, I loved gaming too when I was a lil' kid but I was never an addict. . . Many of my friends were though, but I just didn't cop that 'much interest' for Video games. I don't know why sha, maybe it's because I was and still a kid with a difference! wink

@ Glamrock you need to see this thread! Read from the first page to this one and Thank me later! cheesy

Thank you for tagging me! This is awesome. Beautiful people ! Following
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by GIYAZZ(m): 7:40pm On Mar 18, 2015
Glamrock:

Thank you for tagging me! This is awesome. Beautiful people ! Following
You're welcome kiss

It's actually from this thread I shared that link you donated for.

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Glamrock(f): 12:41am On Mar 19, 2015
GIYAZZ:
You're welcome kiss

It's actually from this thread I shared that link you donated for.

Cool! This is great wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
In 7 days we've raised $5,180 this is amazing. The support has been massive. Thanks to all the wonderful people who donated and also to everyone one who has been supporting in one way or the other sharing the post and tagging friends... We couldn't have gotten this far without you. Visited the family yesterday to update them about the donations and show them the amount of love and support Vivian is getting and they are thankful. Didn't get to see Vivian she went to school(she misses her friends and has been asking to go to school) she is a strong girl and we hope she will join her classmates full time when this is over. Also got from her mum that she barely eats, hasn't been breathing well and her stomach is a bit bloated. We still need $9,820 to meet the target. Let's do this. Please share this and tag friends who you think might be able to help.

To donate visit the gofundme page http://www.gofundme.com/ojv9zs

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
"My 4 year old Son lied to me for the first time today. He told me he wanted to go outside and wee-wee only to find out he went to play with his friends . His mom told me he has started telling small small lies but he has not lied to me before. I've punished him and he promised me he won't tell lies again but I'm still angry. I'm still hurt.I feel like I'm not doing my job as a father well. I'm not in his life as I should be. I barely spend time with him, I leave the house early and return late and most of the time he is asleep. I lost my Father when I was a kid and I know how hard it is not to have one's father in his life. My boy means everything to me, I live for him and all the hard work I do is cos I want him to have a better life. I can wear a single Jean for days but my son must have the best clothes. You can take everything I have in my life but not my Son. I want him to go to the best schools, I want him to be better than I am. I'm going to start spending more time with him. I want to groom him to be the best. His birthday is coming up next month and I'm going to get him a bicycle." www.thehumansoflagos.com

17 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hello Tochi

Please where will this surgery take place, is it here or abroad?

Let this girl not die while we are raising money and getting publicity

Find out from the family
Who are the doctors
What hospital
Does she need visa, passport, medical record's, preliminary tests. Let the cash available kickstart the process.

Money has been raised now...all the preliminary stuff start whilst the rest of the funds is raised.
Booking patients' for surgery is not like buying a car, it takes time.
So let them start running now whilst some cash is available and make deposits

This is a race against time here.
Tochi I hope you have others working on this case oh, medical cases are not straightforward.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
salsera:
Hello Tochi

Please where will this surgery take place, is it here or abroad?

Let this girl not die while we are raising money and getting publicity

Find out from the family
Who are the doctors
What hospital
Does she need visa, passport, medical record's, preliminary tests. Let the cash available kickstart the process.

Money has been raised now...all the preliminary stuff start whilst the rest of the funds is raised.
Booking patients' for surgery is not like buying a car, it takes time.
So let them start running now whilst some cash is available and make deposits

This is a race against time here.
Tochi I hope you have others working on this case oh, medical cases are not straightforward.

Hi Salsera, how are you doing?

A few NGOs and doctors reached out and they are the ones handling it. They've been in constant touch with the family and she underwent an echo scan yesterday. the doctors and the NGO United kids foundation have already started reaching out to their colleagues in India to make arrangements. Mine is to share the story and try to get the funds and all the funds raised are still with gofundme and once everything is set we would get someone in the US to help withdraw the money cos gofundme is strict and only USA, Canada, UK and a few European countries are supported. the gofundme account is US based and would need a verified US resident with social security number etc to be able to access the funds. The support has been amazing and everyone is putting hands together to make sure this becomes a success story. I have zero experience in the medical field and with such cases in general so it's a collective effort.
I visited the family on Wednesday and Vivian is doing well even tho her mum complained about some things but I believe all this would be over soon and Vivi would get better and back to normal soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by GIYAZZ(m): 11:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
TochiPhotos:

Hi Salsera, how are you doing?

A few NGOs and doctors reached out and they are the ones handling it. They've been in constant touch with the family and she underwent an echo scan yesterday. the doctors and the NGO United kids foundation have already started reaching out to their colleagues in India to make arrangements. Mine is to share the story and try to get the funds and all the funds raised are still with gofundme and once everything is set we would get someone in the US to help withdraw the money cos gofundme is strict and only USA, Canada, UK and a few European countries are supported. the gofundme account is US based and would need a verified US resident with social security number etc to be able to access the funds. The support has been amazing and everyone is putting hands together to make sure this becomes a success story. I have zero experience in the medical field and with such cases in general so it's a collective effort.
I visited the family on Wednesday and Vivian is doing well even tho her mum complained about some things but I believe all this would be over soon and Vivi would get better and back to normal soon.
Glamrock can handle the "withdrawing" part. She's an African American, very kind hearted and disciplined. I know very well. She's one we can all trust.

But we have to focus on the donations now. . . I'm gonna share this link to some of the Celebrities I follow on twitter. I'm sure some of them will be kind enough to donate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by GIYAZZ(m): 11:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
Like I promised, I'm done sending the Gofund link to almost every conscious celebrity I follow on twitter. I sent it to Nas, Kanyewest, Wale, Kendrick Lamar, Boogey, Wizkid, Bankyw, Davido, Donjazzy and a lot of them. And I'm very sure they will reply positively. So y'all be rest assured, the donations will be done in no time!

#Peace

7 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 21, 2015
Great Tochi,

That's very encouraging.
Good to know you have people working on this.

God be with her
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by ipain: 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
TochiPhotos:

His story is so touching, a lot of people have contacted me for his address which I've provided, his jollof rice is really nice. I will visit him again in a few weeks to know how things are going.
this is one of the reasons I buy things I don't need just to encourage them. I saw an Hausa girl cleaning windscreens along the road. You will agree with me that most of them engage in begging but she refused to join. I had to cross over to her side and gave her some money.

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Glamrock can handle the "withdrawing" part. She's an African American, very kind hearted and disciplined. I know very well. She's one we can all trust.

But we have to focus on the donations now. . . I'm gonna share this link to some of the Celebrities I follow on twitter. I'm sure some of them will be kind enough to donate.
Thanks Giyazz. It's not a decision I will make alone but I will add her to the list of those we are considering for that. The issue of money is a touchy one and needs to be handled with all carefulness.

And thanks for taking out time to share the link. God will reward your kindness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (31) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.