Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) (119664 Views)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Monday Morning Inspiration From The Humans Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Truckpusher(m): 9:31am On Jan 16, 2015
UjSizzle:

Hehehehe tongue

Market dey sell well jare. How's the hustle and truck pushing business?
I see ,hustling dont stop o unto say one mallam say him go stabilize crude oil price. grin

You still dey house ? Time no dey again o... grin

Auction dey town sha.......we fit auction you to one abokki. cheesy
Before I forgot ,how much for a drop? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Newkidoo(m): 9:31am On Jan 16, 2015
Nice concept!! You are great!!...
Keep It up man..
Following!!
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2015
Wow! Very good initiative!
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by curiouses: 9:33am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"After school, I help my mum sell oranges. I like going to the field cos I sell a lot there and also watch them play football, sometimes I wish I can play with the other children but I can't leave my market to play. When I grow up I want to be a billionaire so my mum won't sell oranges again." #humansoflagos

This is touching.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by UjSizzle(f): 9:36am On Jan 16, 2015
Truckpusher:
I see ,hustling dont stop o unto say one mallam say him go stabilize crude oil price. grin

You still dey house ? Time no dey again o... grin

Auction dey town sha.......we fit auction you to one abokki. cheesy
Before I forgot ,how much for a drop? cheesy
grin Yeye boy. Wetin abokki wan use me do...i resemble malu? tongue
The sister is hustling ni.

Make we dey watch the mallam sha. But the man be like Yar'adua undecided

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by xtianh(m): 9:37am On Jan 16, 2015
I love this thread and kudos to op for this non profit oriented project which I am sure will make wave some day.... wonderful job@op

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by misskenny(f): 9:37am On Jan 16, 2015
Interesting, the boy dat sells orange n d woman selling 'agbalumo', those r d average nigerian. Got me thinking.

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Clemzy16(m): 9:40am On Jan 16, 2015
Woah! The op has just made my day..
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 16, 2015
Whoa! this is really beautiful! and i love the story it tells behind it smiley, Good camera too wink

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Truckpusher(m): 9:43am On Jan 16, 2015
UjSizzle:

grin Yeye boy. Wetin abokki wan use me do...i resemble malu? tongue
The sister is hustling ni.

Make we dey watch the mallam sha. But the man be like Yar'adua undecided
Lmao. grin

Hehe .....no worry eh abokkis can be very romantic .

The mallam say him go " pite kworofshion" grin yet him na friends with thieves.

Where is my caracta na ,I hear say she born triplets, diaris Goduoooo for caracta to hammer three at once with that her small waist. cheesy
abeg helep me greet her and her new born battalion. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 16, 2015
This is so cool cheesy. And inspiring
Definitely following
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by opcon(f): 9:49am On Jan 16, 2015
Op, ur idea is wonderful. Creative! Pls take dis seriously. I like very much

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by felifeli: 9:49am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
Hi guys welcome to The humans of Lagos photography thread, my initial plan was to do this project for nairalanders but I had troubles, first with the pm issue they kept me from sending as much mails as I could and secondly most nairlanders I was able to contact declined due to privacy concerns so I decided to take it up a notch, go out on the streets of Lagos and meet random Lagosians, interact with them, take a portrait and share their story.

Humans of Lagos is a street photography project capturing the lives of everyday Lagosians and sharing their story. Inspired by Brandon Stanton's HONY project. Capturing the heart and soul of everyday Lagosians, telling the Lagos story one shutter at a time.

Welcome on board as we start this interesting journey together and please do follow us on instagram http://instagram.com/thehumansoflagos and like our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/humansoflagosng http://www.facebook.com/TochianiPhotography for latest updates.

Show us ordinary people DOING extraordinary things. These photos are just kack shots , not interesting at all.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by coolestca(m): 9:50am On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:

Nikon D5100.
omo u bahd gaani oh
dat a good kamera angry
thumbs up

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by kreamidiva(f): 9:50am On Jan 16, 2015
Beautiful piece.

Try the agberos and red light district chicks on Allen Avenue too.

Thumbs up, Tochi.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 16, 2015
Aaawwww embarassed
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by kreamidiva(f): 9:52am On Jan 16, 2015
coolestca:

omo u bahd gaani oh
dat a good kamera angry

Is the camera really good? I love photography. My best hobby.I would like to get a good camera.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by naijaboiy: 9:55am On Jan 16, 2015
felifeli:

Show us ordinary people DOING extraordinary things. These photos are just kack shots , not interesting at all.
At least he's able to show us something...

What have you shown us? undecided

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Ezemust: 9:56am On Jan 16, 2015
I must comment in this thread or posterity will judge me
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by MansaMoussa: 9:57am On Jan 16, 2015
You killed it OP! I follow HONY! I knew it was only a matter of time it came to Nigeria!
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by enigmang: 10:01am On Jan 16, 2015
AWESOME thread OP.... i think you should create a blog for this, because the comments might get too long and we wouldn't be able to follow your postings... You can create a blog and be running this thread concurrently

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 16, 2015
naijaboiy:

At least he's able to show us something...

What have you shown us? undecided

hahahahaha
Ur mouth now, na die. cry

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by cluksy(m): 10:04am On Jan 16, 2015
Mehn!!
Good job OP, this's a nice project.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by naijaboiy: 10:05am On Jan 16, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

hahahahaha
Ur mouth now, na die. cry
grin
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by coolestca(m): 10:06am On Jan 16, 2015
kreamidiva:

Is the camera really good? I love photography. My best hobby.I would like to get a good camera.
yeah from my little experience I know it's a quality camera. Nikon comes in different grades and I know this is a good model of nikkon
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by OsoDupe(f): 10:11am On Jan 16, 2015
so u beat me to doing this project, have a plan of doing it someday, anyways, I stays in Akure, so maybe one day I can do Humans of Akure. Nice one dude, u should have a website for this and also create a facebook account just like Brandon, let me know of d fbk page when u do. coming to click this on nairaland will be too heavy since it's on d same page, so new website it is.

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by kreamidiva(f): 10:19am On Jan 16, 2015
coolestca:

yeah from my little experience I know it's a quality camera. Nikon comes in different grades and I know this is a good model of nikkon

Cool, thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 16, 2015
OsoDupe:
so u beat me to doing this project, have a plan of doing it someday, anyways, I stays in Akure, so maybe one day I can do Humans of Akure. Nice one dude, u should have a website for this and also create a facebook account just like Brandon, let me know of d fbk page when u do. coming to click this on nairaland will be too heavy since it's on d same page, so new website it is.
doesn't sound posh
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 16, 2015
Original and creative project.

Impressed by the concept.

No window dressing, no studio make-up artists, no studio lights etc. yet good photos.

Take the shots as you find the subject/person of interest.

NMH in acceptance.

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Isiterere(m): 10:23am On Jan 16, 2015
...may God bless you abundantly for this thread, very motivational and inspiring.
More flash light to your camera

ALL IZZ WELL

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Les: 10:24am On Jan 16, 2015
iterator24:
doesn't sound posh
akure of humans sounds better...... wink

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by guyla: 10:27am On Jan 16, 2015
so so very nice, wonderful concept, wish i have all the cash, you and i would have done some fashion pictures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.