Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion (7970 Views)

An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / God Vs Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Hey i just pointed out some facts for you... you talked about jesus as the son of God and his father is definately yahweh so i gave you a brief history of the yahweh...he had a consort in the ancient days until the reformation and isreal turned into a strict monotheism
The confusion, I experience is believing you and the rest of those who strongly believe that no sperm was needed to fertilize Mary's eggs. Did Yaweh have sex with Mary ? That's where the lie lies. I believe there was a Jesus, I believe he was as powerful if not more powerful that the Magicians like Dynamo etc. But I do not believe no sperm was responsible for his birth. I love him very much, and if I have any means to contact him, I will love to learn magic from him, I need to know his powers.
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
Billyonaire:
The confusion, I experience is believing you and the rest of those who strongly believe that no sperm was needed to fertilize Mary's eggs. Did Yaweh have sex with Mary ? That's where the lie lies.
Boy i am not a theist... i just told u yahweh had a consort....lmao...
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Boy i am not a theist... i just told u yahweh had a consort....lmao...
I didnt call you a theist. Name tags usually create boundaries and limitations on independent thinking. I do not know what I am, but what I know is that the truth is not in Religion.
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
Billyonaire:
The confusion, I experience is believing you and the rest of those who strongly believe that no sperm was needed to fertilize Mary's eggs. Did Yaweh have sex with Mary ? That's where the lie lies. I believe there was a Jesus, I believe he was as powerful if not more powerful that the Magicians like Dynamo etc. But I do not believe no sperm was responsible for his birth. I love him very much, and if I have any means to contact him, I will love to learn magic from him, I need to know his powers.
If you believe in Jesus and his powerful traits, you can't be an atheist.

Actually, it's possible for him to be borne without spèrm(fertilisation of eggs) if God truly exists.

Are you confused?
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

If you believe in Jesus you and his powerful trait, you can't be an atheist.

Actually, it's possible for him to be borne without spèrm(fertilisation of eggs) if God truly exists.

Are you confused?
Who said I am atheist ? Do not make hasty generalization. I do believe there was someone called Jesus, but I do not believe he is God's son. I believe he is a great magician.
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
Billyonaire:
Who said I am atheist ? Do not make hasty generalization. I do believe there was someone called Jesus, but I do not believe he is God's son. I believe he is a great magician.
In your recent post, you don't believe in God.
Believing in Jesus is the same as believing in God.

There's no proof that Jesus existed sef...
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
Billyonaire:
I didnt call you a theist. Name tags usually create boundaries and limitations on independent thinking. I do not know what I am, but what I know is that the truth is not in Religion.
Exactly my brother...
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
johnydon22:
note: Am not taking any sides or something... just here to ask some questions and i demand simple answers not long notes... ok i begin
(1) Please which of the gods exist? baal, allah, yahweh, horus, osiris, mithras, zeus, poseidon, isis... etc.
(2) How did you know your own God exists and not the others? why do you say the other gods dont exist?
(3) How did u first get to know about this god...ur parents told u? u read it in a book? or someone else told u or u saw this god urself or he/she/it revealed himself/herself/itself to you?
I dont need to ask for evidence cus when it comes to matters of faith no evidence is needed cus if evidence is given then its no longer faith (belief) but knowledge... so let me just start from the 3 simple questions above...
Is it that no one can actually attempt these little simple questions i posted?

1 Like

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by alienvirus: 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

You just hit him there. The guy called billyonaire is one funny dude. He was severely dealt with in politics section. He is looking for a way of pitching his tent in religion section.

2 Likes

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by herald9: 12:58pm On Jan 11, 2015
alienvirus:
You just hit him there. The guy called billyonaire is one funny dude. He was severely dealt with in politics section. He is looking for a way of pitching his tent in religion section.

So we have refugees on NL ? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by davien(m): 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
First someone should tell us what they mean by "god" and the method used to detect it...and tell us a time when absolutely nothing really existed....
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by alienvirus: 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
herald9:

So we have refugees on NL ? grin
Lol. The guy is on refugee status. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

It seems you do not even understand what you are saying. Is Jesus synonymous with God ?

1 Like

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Blakjewelry(m): 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
The truth is from ancient times before man separate science from magic man has tried to understand the origin of man and the universe. With their little understanding of the vast universe, they created the gods to explain the origin of world. After solving the problem of the creation the world, man who is so hunger and taste for knowledge seek to question the origin of the gods which many ancients tried to explain, but Islam and judio/Christian religion run into the old devil in their attempt to create a single God "who created God" atleast he can create himself .
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
Billyonaire:
Can we stay civil ? This is not politics section, but I am not saying that Religion section has people with the best brains. After all someone believes God has a son, Jesus and God is Father, but no one has openly ask if God has a Wife.

Lets get back to your analogy; Energy is not created, but changes forms; And religion says God has no beginning and has no end, and God created himself. Can you see the relationship ? Can we speculate that what you call God, is actually Energy Resolution of the Entire Multiverse ? And if this analogy holds true, can we deduce that we are part of God ? Hence, there is no external entity called God ?
I will not distract my life by trying to use a failed science to do a research on a Supreme Being... generations before yours have tried it and ended up displaying a false result for all to believe. ok now,after you get your result, what next? I better focus on my service to 'the so-called unknown ' you guys don't believe and when I get up there I'd ask all these questions of yours.
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
johnydon22:
note: Am not taking any sides or something... just here to ask some questions and i demand simple answers not long notes... ok i begin
(1) Please which of the gods exist? baal, allah, yahweh, horus, osiris, mithras, zeus, poseidon, isis... etc.
(2) How did you know your own God exists and not the others? why do you say the other gods dont exist?
(3) How did u first get to know about this god...ur parents told u? u read it in a book? or someone else told u or u saw this god urself or he/she/it revealed himself/herself/itself to you?
I dont need to ask for evidence cus when it comes to matters of faith no evidence is needed cus if evidence is given then its no longer faith (belief) but knowledge... so let me just start from the 3 simple questions above...

Mr Man...you cannot be sitting on the fence in this situation, you can't be without sides in this debate....its either you are with them or against them...
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 11:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
Zikdik:
1) O.P cannot differentiate betwixt Atheists and Scientologists..fatal flaw.
2) With the way your discuss is set up, I don't think any atheist would bother engaging you.
3) Atheists do not have anything to prove to you. They are people who do not believe in the existence of a god, gods and spiritual phenomena. You do, however. You are making a claim, hence, the onus of proof lies on you.
Logically, prove the existence of your god (there are hundreds of thousands of them, and don't get me started on the capital "G"wink.
I'd be waiting.
Oga..the person am debating with believes that he is a creation of nature..of which he asks me..if I say God created the universe then who created God and I answer him "if you say nature created you, then who created the universe"......he said "biology and some things about energy and electrons and some other long long scientific stuff"...so I ask him "what created the socalled "energy"...
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by davien(m): 11:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
anthoniosp:

Oga..the person am debating with believes that he is a creation of nature..of which he asks me..if I say God created the universe then who created God and I answer him "if you say nature created you, then who created the universe"......he said "biology and some things about energy and electrons and some other long long scientific stuff"...so I ask him "what created the socalled "energy"...
1st law of thermodynamics states,energy cannot be created or destroyed...
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 11:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
Billyonaire:
My point is, the concept of God doesnt make sense as to how the multiverses come to be. There is no such thing like one-God, all powerful, putting together the pieces of the universes. That's the misconception here. The Universes are so vast that the theory of a creator God, that created Earth, Adam, and Evem doesnt just make sense. Energy fields do exist, from basic building blocks, the vibration of particules due to fusion of energy; the activation to life due to attendance of latent energy, and the conversion from energy to matter when energy goes through the Higg's Field that materializes energy. The oxygenated active gases activates life in fusion with cosmic spirit field. Soul as essense of consciousness pervades space and infuses all beings and we ascend to other dimensions and conscious levels as we shade the material vehicles that bound us to material world. With time, you will understand that you are part of the entire universe and a finite one. If there is God factor, you are it. You are part of the whole.

Mr man or billonaire, you keep hammering that the concept of God doesn't make sense and you say that nature comes from the energy and so on but you keep avoiding the question....."What created energy"...and if you say nothing then it means you should not be created or destroyed but should be able to conform from one form to another...like if you vex now you go fit change to scorpion or even 2 biro or what ever...
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 11:23pm On Jan 11, 2015
Billyonaire:
My point is, the concept of God doesnt make sense as to how the multiverses come to be. There is no such thing like one-God, all powerful, putting together the pieces of the universes. That's the misconception here. The Universes are so vast that the theory of a creator God, that created Earth, Adam, and Evem doesnt just make sense. Energy fields do exist, from basic building blocks, the vibration of particules due to fusion of energy; the activation to life due to attendance of latent energy, and the conversion from energy to matter when energy goes through the Higg's Field that materializes energy. The oxygenated active gases activates life in fusion with cosmic spirit field. Soul as essense of consciousness pervades space and infuses all beings and we ascend to other dimensions and conscious levels as we shade the material vehicles that bound us to material world. With time, you will understand that you are part of the entire universe and a finite one. If there is God factor, you are it. You are part of the whole.

You keep imposing the fact that God does not exist on me but you fail to give resons to show he doesn't exist..you keep avoiding the debate and u keep speaking scientific grammer until u end up confusing everyone..stop telling me that electrons, electrons..tell me what proof do you have that God does not exist...
What you are doing is like
Do we have a goat?...
You say : goat has the same behavioral and anatomical structure as a cow and therefore goat is a cow and cow is a goat...
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 11:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

If you believe in Jesus and his powerful traits, you can't be an atheist.

Are you confused?
hehehehe...this billo guy is really funny!!!...so what form energy is magic?? Ojuju energy??...mtcheew I thought your argument held grounds but kai...SMH..
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 11:33pm On Jan 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Is it that no one can actually attempt these little simple questions i posted?
because your question isn't targeted at the topic...before we answer the question then they must have been a conclusion that truly God exists nd the particular God is then the question...so have you accepted that there is a God?...note*** that I have not imposed the topic on you.I am giving you a chance 2 speak ur mind
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Misogynist2014(m): 12:00am On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:
To all atheist who believe in the fable that there is no God..I saw to you show up your selves and let this issue be finally settled..no insults, no lies, back all ur points with evidence and let us end this issue once and for all...MY GOD IS NOT DEAD
If God came from infinity, it means He is infinite, has no beginning and no end.
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:

Mr man or billonaire, you keep hammering that the concept of God doesn't make sense and you say that nature comes from the energy and so on but you keep avoiding the question....."What created energy"...and if you say nothing then it means you should not be created or destroyed but should be able to conform from one form to another...like if you vex now you go fit change to scorpion or even 2 biro or what ever...
Energy can never be created nor destroyed. I expected you to know that basic science.
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 6:49am On Jan 12, 2015
davien:
1st law of thermodynamics states,energy cannot be created or destroyed...[quote author=davien post=29710084] 1st law of thermodynamics states,energy cannot be created or destroyed...

No no no no...science doesn't belive in magic, if not we would have said energy appeared from now where...and d case would have died down...but you guyz keep hammering that everything should have an origin nd you fail to provide reasons to why energy is not created...I say that energy just as science has said like everyother matter cannot appear from now where but had been created by something that goes beyond the physical world and ends up in the supernatural world..of which I know I can't fully understand the spiritual realm and that's where faith comes in....I agree with science that everything must have an origin in the physical world and what we cannot point out its origin goes into the spiritual world..
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 6:52am On Jan 12, 2015
Billyonaire:
Energy can never be created nor destroyed. I expected you to know that basic science.
wait my question is why Why?? Why?? Why??...why can't it be created or destroyed ...if you guys abi science says nothing appear from no where..like a pen cannot just appear but has to me created...
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 7:05am On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:
wait my question is why Why?? Why?? Why??...why can't it be created or destroyed ...if you guys abi science says nothing appear from no where..like a pen cannot just appear but has to me created...
ok if nothing cannot come out from nothing then the chain can go on and on... the energy that tipped off the universe cannot come from nothing there for god created it, god cannot come out from nothing cus something cant come out from nothing there fore some higher god created god and another higer god created that higher and so it goes on and on cus something cannot come out of nothing.
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 7:12am On Jan 12, 2015
johnydon22:

ok if nothing cannot come out from nothing then the chain can go on and on... the energy that tipped off the universe cannot come from nothing there for god created it, god cannot come out from nothing cus something cant come out from nothing there fore some higher god created god and another higer god created that higher and so it goes on and on cus something cannot come out of nothing.
so wait you have agree that God actually exists but the question now who created God? Abi??...talk ooh so that we wld knw if we are having a head way
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 7:15am On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:
so wait you have agree that God actually exists but the question now who created God? Abi??...talk ooh so that we wld knw if we are having a head way
No am pointing out to you the chain of beginings if it is a must that something must come out from something... #Genius
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Zikdik(m): 8:03am On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:

Oga..the person am debating with believes that he is a creation of nature..of which he asks me..if I say God created the universe then who created God and I answer him "if you say nature created you, then who created the universe"......he said "biology and some things about energy and electrons and some other long long scientific stuff"...so I ask him "what created the so-called "energy"...
Again, you err.
You are assuming a creation must have a creator. If so, God must have been created by something and that thing by another, leading to an infinite regression. It is more logical at this point to assume that some form of energy is the uncaused cause behind the series of events leading to the big bang. However, we can only guess at this point. Science is still young and things that were unknown years ago are very much known now. So, we cannot fill a gap in scientific theory based on the tales of nomadic cavemen. Unless of course, you have reasonable answers as to why we should, "God did it" is an incredulously lame explanation.
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 9:22am On Jan 12, 2015
Zikdik:

Again, you err.
You are assuming a creation must have a creator. If so, God must have been created by something and that thing by another, leading to an infinite regression. It is more logical at this point to assume that some form of energy is the uncaused cause behind the series of events leading to the big bang. However, we can only guess at this point. Science is still young and things that were unknown years ago are very much known now. So, we cannot fill a gap in scientific theory based on the tales of nomadic cavemen. Unless of course, you have reasonable answers as to why we should, "God did it" is an incredulously lame explanation.
ooooooooh!!! Before we get 2 dat point in this debate....we must whole heartedly agreed that God exist but the question is who created God...what u are saying is that since no one created God..God does not exist and if so, I can say if no one created energy then energy does not exist.....bt I have agreed to ur theory that energy exist and so therefore God exist..kpam...biro closed #genious
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 9:44am On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:
ooooooooh!!! Before we get 2 dat point in this debate....we must whole heartedly agreed that God exist but the question is who created God...what u are saying is that since no one created God..God does not exist and if so, I can say if no one created energy then energy does not exist.....bt I have agreed to ur theory that energy exist and so therefore God exist..kpam...biro closed #genious
can we then put it that energy is god?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Women Become Pastors / ~^"who Is Pastor T.b Joshua's Mentor~'^? / Happy 58th Birthday To Pastor Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.