Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion (7938 Views)

An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / God Vs Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Weah96: 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:
grin grin grin...you are the person that wants to change the whole worlds ideology, you are the ones that go into every possible thread chanting "there is no God"...before atheism there was christianity so by virtue of that you are supposed to explain yourself..

You came into a thread...
ME: there is a God
You: no!! there is no God?...
ME: why do you say such? Can you prove it??
You: No!!
ME: then why do you say God does not exist
You: Nothing..he doesn't just exist...

So who needs to do the explanation??

The whole world doesn't believe that God exists, let alone YOUR God. What you're doing is appealing to the size of your group without addressing the merits of the argument. Some people in the world believe that I am God. They believe that God exists, but that we, humans, are him.

The whole world once believed that the earth was flat, that if you walked long enough, you could have fallen off the edge. Nobody believes that now. Arguments should be addressed on their own merits. Leave the size of the crowd out of it.

1 Like

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Weah96: 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:
you people keep striking diffrent match boxes at a time...just now one of you said that you guys are from energy..after I win that one..una con come say na energy be God..after una confuse una selves ..una con begin ask me for proof say my God exist..and told you that an evidence is our morals that counter or disagree with the survival of the fittest. (Predatory law of nature)...now you are saying that I lack proof!! And now you guys are in the christians language of "he exist and that is all I know".... And one is saying "his lack of proof is our proof"..meaning you guys virtually don't have any proof that God does not exist..I can easily turn it around d same way that "your dependence on me for proof means that you have no proof that God does not exist and so i rightfully infer that ur lack of proof shows that God exists"...

Nothing imaginary can be disproven. Can you prove that unicorns don't wear Jordan brand shoes? What if I say that I speak to a Jordan-clad unicorn every morning? There are tricks, gimmicks, in language and this God business is one of them.

1 Like

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 7:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:
grin grin grin...you are the person that wants to change the whole worlds ideology, you are the ones that go into every possible thread chanting "there is no God"...before atheism there was christianity so by virtue of that you are supposed to explain yourself..

So who needs to do the explanation??
lmao...am seriously shaking my head to this! chai

1 Like

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
Weah96:

The whole world doesn't believe that God exists, let alone YOUR God. What you're doing is appealing to the size of your group without addressing the merits of the argument. Some people in the world believe that I am God. They believe that God exists, but that we, humans, are him.

The whole world once believed that the earth was flat, that if you walked long enough, you could have fallen off the edge. Nobody believes that now. Arguments should be addressed on their own merits. Leave the size of the crowd out of it.

My answer

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 7:26pm On Jan 12, 2015
Weah96:

Nothing imaginary can be disproven. Can you prove that unicorns don't wear Jordan brand shoes? What if I say that I speak to a Jordan-clad unicorn every morning? There are tricks, gimmicks, in language and this God business is one of them.

My answer

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Weah96: 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:

My answer

Wrong. You said there is a God. I said prove it. You replied by asking me to prove that the God doesn't exist.
Imaginary things cannot be proven, the person asserting that they exist, and are not imaginary, carries the burden of proof.

1 Like

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao...am seriously shaking my head to this! chai
You self know say all of una funny ba??...

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
Weah96:

Wrong. You said there is a God. I said prove it. You replied by asking me to prove that the God doesn't exist.
Imaginary things cannot be proven, the person asserting that they exist, and are not imaginary, carries the burden of proof.
imaginary?? When we found out that the earth was round not flat it was backed up by facts..the guys that found out that earth was spherical not flat...came up with the theory and when they asked to give reasons they did...they didn't ask the whole world to prove that the earth was flat ooh...so oga without much ado..virtually evryone I have met says there is God either allah,budha,zeus,shinto but you say that there is no God,so please enlighten me, what proof do you have that God doesn't exist...if you don't give proofs now then what you are doing is......

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Weah96: 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:
imaginary?? When we found out that the earth was round not flat it was backed up by facts..the guys that found out that earth was spherical not flat...came up with the theory and when they asked to give reasons they did...they didn't ask the whole world to prove that the earth was flat ooh...so oga without much ado..virtually evryone I have met says there is God either allah,budha,zeus,shinto but you say that there is no God,so please enlighten me, what proof do you have that God doesn't exist...if you don't give proofs now then what you are doing is......

How can there be a God if other people are worshipping Odin and Osiris, while you're worshipping someone else? Is your God Odin, Osiris, or Krishna? There has NEVER been any evidence since antiquity showing that human beings talk to God. This unusual and unprecedented claim has only persisted out of the natural fear of death.

Whether or not there is a God is irrelevant for this discussion anyway. The force that precipitated the formation of the universe can be described as God. Nature itself could be God. However, we're talking about personal Gods, the ones that speak English to human beings and give them predictions of upcoming premier league matches. Those Gods MUST have evidence to back up their existence, if they're talking to human beings. If you claim that you are in contact with your God, and you can't prove it, then you are a dishonest person.

1 Like

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Zikdik(m): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:
ooooooooh!!! Before we get 2 dat point in this debate....we must whole heartedly agreed that God exist but the question is who created God...what u are saying is that since no one created God..God does not exist and if so, I can say if no one created energy then energy does not exist.....bt I have agreed to ur theory that energy exist and so therefore God exist..kpam...biro closed #genious
"God of the Gaps" is an argumentative fallacy that tends to fill gaps in scientific theory with God. Very laughable.
Let me make it clear. I am, I repeat, I am 100% sure that God (Yahweh in your case) does not exist. That said, meseems you do not grasp my point. If a creation must always have a creator, then the universe has a beginning and that beginning has another. Infinite regress sets in and the mind becomes uncomfortable with that. But that doesn't rule out infinite regression. Reality has no moral duty to make us comfortable.

1 Like

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2015
Weah96:

How can there be a God if other people are worshipping Odin and Osiris, while you're worshipping someone else? Is your God Odin, Osiris, or Krishna? There has NEVER been any evidence since antiquity showing that human beings talk to God. This unusual and unprecedented claim has only persisted out of the natural fear of death.

Whether or not there is a God is irrelevant for this discussion anyway. The force that precipitated the formation of the universe can be described as God. Nature itself could be God. However, we're talking about personal Gods, the ones that speak English to human beings and give them predictions of upcoming premier league matches. Those Gods MUST have evidence to back up their existence, if they're talking to human beings. If you claim that you are in contact with your God, and you can't prove it, then you are a dishonest person.
. .....chei...this guy ehn...I tire for ur case..u jst dey use english dey confuse both me and urself....have I said allah is the true God?? Have I said zues is the true God??...oyaa you have agreed that there is God abi but you are now asking which is the real God!!.....
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 11:10pm On Jan 12, 2015
Zikdik:

"God of the Gaps" is an argumentative fallacy that tends to fill gaps in scientific theory with God. Very laughable.
Let me make it clear. I am, I repeat, I am 100% sure that God (Yahweh in your case) does not exist. That said, meseems you do not grasp my point. If a creation must always have a creator, then the universe has a beginning and that beginning has another. Infinite regress sets in and the mind becomes uncomfortable with that. But that doesn't rule out infinite regression. Reality has no moral duty to make us comfortable.
ah ah na who come b dis 1 again??...you say energy exist although it has no creation nor destruction...nd I say God exist although He has no creation nor destruction..so what is this case all about?? Infact this debate has long before now closed..this is the footnote grin grin grin....

question: " does God exist?"........

We said energy exists and God exists..so who won??...of course me!!!
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Weah96: 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2015
anthoniosp:
. .....chei...this guy ehn...I tire for ur case..u jst dey use english dey confuse both me and urself....have I said allah is the true God?? Have I said zues is the true God??...oyaa you have agreed that there is God abi but you are now asking which is the real God!!.....

There is God? Of course, there are several Gods. But none is personal, a la Jesus, Allah, and Zeus. You claim to serve a personal God, one who talks to people, without presenting evidence. Either you're a skilled liar or you're deceiving yourself.

The Jesus from the bible stories was someone who respected material evidence. He didn't rebuke Thomas for demanding to touch his wounds with his fingers before believing that he came back. You are so unlike that person from the stories.

Adieu.

1 Like

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 11:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
Weah96:

There is God? Of course, there are several Gods. But none is personal, a la Jesus, Allah, and Zeus. You claim to serve a personal God, one who talks to people, without presenting evidence. Either you're a skilled liar or you're deceiving yourself.

The Jesus from the bible stories was someone who respected material evidence. He didn't rebuke Thomas for demanding to touch his wounds with his fingers before believing that he came back. You are so unlike that person from the stories.

Adieu.
the guy is just too childish! He cant comprehend basic things and his assertions are ridiculous...smh

1 Like

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 6:05am On Jan 13, 2015
Weah96:

Adieu.

The topic of the debate is "is there God?"...and you have after fighting for 2days agreed that there is God...so who won d debate?? Me or me...

I understand you want to start another debate "which God is the true God since God exist"...but my friend....I never said I was in any religion..so you can kindly Go and Open ur thread for that debate...My mission here is accomplished

MY GODS NOT DEAD, HE IS SURELY ALIVE...
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 6:29am On Jan 13, 2015
johnydon22:

the guy is just too childish! He cant comprehend basic things and his assertions are ridiculous...smh
let's take a look at who is insulting...you obvious ly don't have a life after nairaland...you lack basic human qualities..you neither visit other sections or even front page threads..you are only concerned with religion religion religion...if you so claim you don't believe in God..then live a normal life atleast I have glanced through the profile of many atheist here and have been impressed by their posts in other sections..but you , one direction..only bible and debate...bible and argument..hope you are not intending on reading law because of this ur lame arguments, u keep insulting and you say you believe in the love of humanity.."I love earth and everything of it"..just accept the fact...you are fustrated and you angry at christianity because you were a christian but you never got what the bible promised to good christians because of your selfish ways and you stand to insult me...what nonsense..if you don't have anyother thing to say..just pack ur load and leave my thread..or better still log out and view this a guest....claiming maturity nd you cannot make a decent post outside religion section..I wonder if you even have genitals..can't you go and even say "good morning" in the romance section??..or can't you even type "how much?" In phones section..kpatakpata type "14/2/2015" in politics section and stop living this life of one way...I expect you as an atheist to have more freedom..but No..you are bent on insulting anyone you can't defeat in an argument....mtcheeew
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Zikdik(m): 7:07am On Jan 13, 2015
anthoniosp:
ah ah na who come b dis 1 again??...you say energy exist although it has no creation nor destruction...nd I say God exist although He has no creation nor destruction..so what is this case all about?? Infact this debate has long before now closed..this is the footnote grin grin grin....

question: " does God exist?"........

We said energy exists and God exists..so who won??...of course me!!!
OK.
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 7:51am On Jan 13, 2015
anthoniosp:
let's take a look at who is insulting...you obvious ly don't have a life after nairaland...you lack basic human qualities..you neither visit other sections or even front page threads..you are only concerned with religion religion religion...if you so claim you don't believe in God..then live a normal life atleast I have glanced through the profile of many atheist here and have been impressed by their posts in other sections..but you , one direction..only bible and debate...bible and argument..hope you are not intending on reading law because of this ur lame arguments, u keep insulting and you say you believe in the love of humanity.."I love earth and everything of it"..just accept the fact...you are fustrated and you angry at christianity because you were a christian but you never got what the bible promised to good christians because of your selfish ways and you stand to insult me...what nonsense..if you don't have anyother thing to say..just pack ur load and leave my thread..or better still log out and view this a guest....claiming maturity nd you cannot make a decent post outside religion section..I wonder if you even have genitals..can't you go and even say "good morning" in the romance section??..or can't you even type "how much?" In phones section..kpatakpata type "14/2/2015" in politics section and stop living this life of one way...I expect you as an atheist to have more freedom..but No..you are bent on insulting anyone you can't defeat in an argument....mtcheeew
lmao the guy just got emotional... thats the part i love most grin
please bro dont get yourself worked up over nothing... this is not a quarrel so dont get too emotional... wow you already did a profile check on me, never even thought of clicking your profile tho... nairaland is not a life, its a forum and everyone choose fun to him/her... Peace
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 9:28am On Jan 13, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao the guy just got emotional... thats the part i love most grin
please bro dont get yourself worked up over nothing... this is not a quarrel so dont get too emotional... wow you already did a profile check on me, never even thought of clicking your profile tho... nairaland is not a life, its a forum and everyone choose fun to him/her... Peace
anoda any one were you talk...I gather 5 atheist win una hands down...conclusion "GODS NOT DEAD".....case closed
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 10:42am On Jan 13, 2015
anthoniosp:
anoda any one were you talk...I gather 5 atheist win una hands down...conclusion "GODS NOT DEAD".....case closed
lolzzz...very funny!
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Weah96: 11:24am On Jan 13, 2015
anthoniosp:

The topic of the debate is "is there God?"...and you have after fighting for 2days agreed that there is God...so who won d debate?? Me or me...

I understand you want to start another debate "which God is the true God since God exist"...but my friend....I never said I was in any religion..so you can kindly Go and Open ur thread for that debate...My mission here is accomplished

MY GODS NOT DEAD, HE IS SURELY ALIVE...

Deists believe that there is a God. But that's the end of their belief. No books, buildings, dressing up, nothing. I don't disagree with deists because God is an amorphous term to them.

There's nothing to discuss there, the God doesn't talk to people, so why bother?

So don't try to claim a false victory my friend. Personal Gods are not the same as the God in deism.
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by frank317: 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
anthoniosp:

Lol... Yes u won... There is God I know.

He is one white bearded brick layer in a place called heaven. With a son and no wife. Oh he also has some servants who fly. He likes getting angry loves virgin (human virgins). He is also jealous and lmoves being worshipped.
He also has an enemy, one he created. Hmmm but he can never be seen. Hmmm God is not dead.... He is happy when u say this? And for the he will build u a mansion, golden mansion...lol

1 Like

Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by davien(m): 4:31pm On Jan 13, 2015
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 5:04pm On Jan 13, 2015
frank317:

Lol... Yes u won... There is God I know.

He is one white bearded brick layer in a place called heaven. With a son and no wife. Oh he also has some servants who fly. He likes getting angry loves virgin (human virgins). He is also jealous and lmoves being worshipped.
He also has an enemy, one he created. Hmmm but he can never be seen. Hmmm God is not dead.... He is happy when u say this? And for the he will build u a mansion, golden mansion...lol
lol no b small... expect some insults nw
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by fuzzyrambler(m): 11:05am On Jan 14, 2015
well this was a waste of time, arguing with someone who can't even answer simple questions, and just says random crap. lets just stop replying and leave him to his
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by anthoniosp(m): 7:36am On Jan 16, 2015
Wait....hehhehehehehe...una still dey here?? ...asin 1 sense una no get...una believe deism wer talk say supernatural God dey but una no believe chrsiitians where talk say supernatural God dey because una lives dey upside down una think say we too dey confused like una..all these christain-turned-atheists...una dey claim say supernatural world no dey but na una fear witch pass..make una go pass burial ground by 11:59pm then come back and tell me ur testimonies..nd pls make no idiat come mention me again ooh*** closes thread***
Re: The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion by Niflheim(m): 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
@anthoniosp,
Even your "god" cannot close this thread.
1.This is not a great debate, it is lame.
2.Which of the over 1,000 gods were you referring to?
3. Who told you this is about atheism vs religion? What about the agnostics? The Theothanatologists? The misotheists?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If A 2month Old Baby Dies , Where Will He Go ? / What Is Sin? / Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.