Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,030 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:44 AM

Kehinde Bademosi's Response To Critiques Concerning Him Being Gay - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kehinde Bademosi's Response To Critiques Concerning Him Being Gay (1876 Views)

Adam Zango Swears With Qur'an On Gay On National TV To Deny Being Gay / The Resemblance Between Kehinde Bankole & Chioma Chukwuka In Makeup Photos / HIV+ Kehinde Bademosi Is Gay, Was Married For 6 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kehinde Bademosi's Response To Critiques Concerning Him Being Gay by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 11, 2015
You can recall that Kehinde (aka Kenny Brandmuse) came out as gay last week thursday on his fb wall with many people either criticising or supporting him. He has has further posted a reply to that. Read thus:

In conclusion, having reviewed all emails, comments, hates and goodwill in the last couple of days, I'm happy to say this is not about us. It's about the ones who don't have the platforms to speak. Or the one whose voice has been muffled by the fear of being rejected. The
culture of shaming and silence has harmed us as people, especially in Africa.

Affirm your child's sexual identity early enough so she or he does not get into high sexual risks. Even for youth who are not gay. When we live in culture of silence, we push people to the down-low. When people engage in sexual activities in the down-low, they are
highly at risk for HIV and other STIs.

Speaking about my journey as a black gay man, I knew I got engaged in high sexual risks while in college because I was running away from myself. I couldn't feel safe to talk about it in places called home and church; where we are constantly being told how to conform to social identities. Where we are being judged for being left-handed instead of the norms.

According to Charles Taylor, a Canadian Philosopher, 'a person can suffer real damage if the society around them mirrors back to them a demeaning or contemptible picture of themselves.' Hence, every time
you read about another gay man being added to the statistics of HIV or suicide or mental health, think about the roles you play.

Together, we can stop this damage.

1. Recognize diversity.
2. Affirm people whose sexual orientation differs from yours as long as they are not coercing anyone into it
( STOP COMPARING gay folks to pedophiles and people sleeping with animals. That's not a consensual love between two people. It happens with heterosexuals too )
3. Live and let live.

12 Likes

Re: Kehinde Bademosi's Response To Critiques Concerning Him Being Gay by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
And my views? I'm totally with him on this. cool

3 Likes

Re: Kehinde Bademosi's Response To Critiques Concerning Him Being Gay by temitemi1(m): 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hiv positive n now gay So many negativity lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Kehinde Bademosi's Response To Critiques Concerning Him Being Gay by donmalcolm21(m): 2:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
Its his life, the holy book said we all will answer for our sins. Its his cross let him bear it but we need a policy like that one in place in Russia which will be more easy to enforce.
Re: Kehinde Bademosi's Response To Critiques Concerning Him Being Gay by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
At poster above what policy do is that?

At Kenny,I endorse your message to the nigerian populace.

1 Like

Re: Kehinde Bademosi's Response To Critiques Concerning Him Being Gay by Nonybb: 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
[b]Kehinde is an individual that doesnt understand the prinicple and spirituality of life. He might be born gay but it is his fault to remain gay. Only if he can avail himself of the message of salvation, he will totally be sent free. Not all that are born are normal. Some are born blind, deaf, dumb, crippled etc. The bible said that that is the reason the Son of Man came, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound, Isaiah 61 vs 1. If you're gay, surely you cant help yourself. You cant win the world of the spirit with earthly strength. It needs a greater power to loose you from that chain of homosexuality. He may have struggled, and had been to churches, but his problem is that he is yet to genuinely seek that repentance, then the spirit of deliverance will come. A doubt minded man is unstable in all his ways. He is not steadfast. I am writing all these because I followed his previous write-up and saw how he blamed the society and everybody for not believing in nature. Mr Kehinde this is not nature, you need a helper. Your education doesnt qualify you nor anybody to know this, its a spiritual concept[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Kehinde Bademosi's Response To Critiques Concerning Him Being Gay by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
temitemi1:
Hiv positive n now gay So many negativity lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
No Straight man is HIV+? undecided
Re: Kehinde Bademosi's Response To Critiques Concerning Him Being Gay by soulglo: 1:40am On Jan 12, 2015
This is key. When men are forced into the closet they end up having risky sex. Rather than be in an open monogamous relationship, they are forced to find sexual partners secretly even to the point of patronizing gay prostitutes. This is why I always say that all those people pushing gay people into the closet should be the ones marrying closeted gay people. These men will end up marrying women because they are being forced to. I am not sure how people actually think that forcing people back in the closet is good for society. Foolishness

6 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Kylie Jenner Is Pregnant / Abakaliki B@be Sh0ws H-er C0rrect B0dy / U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.