Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:30 AM

Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home (15386 Views)

US Forces Locate Chibok Girls-New York Times / It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / ISIS: US Forces Kill Senior IS Leader Abu Sayyaf, Capture His Wife Umm Sayyaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Jakumo(m): 3:45pm On Dec 23, 2008
earTHMama:

Go back to Lagos Jakumo. Will you die abroad? tongue tongue

Don't knock dying in the West until you have tried it,  EMama.   The cause of death would more likely be over-exertion during sex, if I were to breathe my last in Europe or North America, as opposed to the much less desirable alternative of giving up the ghost from multiple gunshot wounds while fleeing RAMPAGING robbers on the streets of Lagos.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by ladej(m): 4:51pm On Dec 23, 2008
Don't knock dying in the West until you have tried it, EMama. The cause of death would more likely be over-exertion during sex, if I were to breathe my last in Europe or North America, as opposed to the much less desirable alternative of giving up the ghost from multiple gunshot wounds while fleeing RAMPAGING robbers on the streets of Lagos.

hmm death is death, ask the families of those caught up in terrorism acts in the western world. one can die anywhere. its God that keeps us. only God
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2008
ladej:

hmm death is death, ask the families of those caught up in terrorism acts in the western world. one can die anywhere. its God that keeps us. only God

If Death is death, then the family of those who were hacked to death just last month in the Jos Riots ought to be ok with the situation, huh? I mean those whose bodies were burnt beyond recognition by their next door neighbour of so many years can go on living in peace, huh?
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2008
Don't knock dying in the West until you have tried it, EMama. The cause of death would more likely be over-exertion during sex, if I were to breathe my last in Europe or North America, as opposed to the much less desirable alternative of giving up the ghost from multiple gunshot wounds while fleeing RAMPAGING robbers on the streets of Lagos.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 5:38pm On Dec 23, 2008

If Death is death, then the family of those who were hacked to death just last month in the Jos Riots ought to be ok with the situation, huh? I mean those whose bodies were burnt beyond recognition by their next door neighbour of so many years can go on living in peace, huh?

Can you differentiate the Jos attacks from the events of 9/11 please?. The burnt bodies and all that. Death is death!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Echidime(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2008
Whats wrong with them returning to Naija? People are living and have been living in Naija ever since the creation of this World,so whats the noise all about? Are self impose exilist returning from America more valuable and important than true Nigerians living at home?

All I know is that they can't affect any job in naija, as True nigerians at home know how to manipulate themselves to retain their job even if it means going Diabolic,fetish,cultism and others.

So for me Kosi Wahala,na them go run back to another country as they can't face the challenges here at home.

My only advice to Naija Government is to test them all on arrival to know if they are HIV POsitive or not,anyone found guilty of possesing HIV AIDS should be return to George Bush country,we True Nigerians don't want losers to come here and cut shot our precious lives grin grin grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
Echidime:

Whats wrong with them returning to Naija? People are living and have been living in Naija ever since the creation of this World,so whats the noise all about? Are self impose exilist returning from America more valuable and important than true Nigerians living at home?

All I know is that they can't affect any job in naija, as True nigerians at home know how to manipulate themselves to retain their job even if it means going Diabolic,fetish,cultism and others.

So for me Kosi Wahala,na them go run back to another country as they can't face the challenges here at home.

My only advice to Naija Government is to test them all on arrival to know if they are HIV POsitive or not,anyone found guilty of possesing HIV AIDS should be return to George Bush country,we True Nigerians don't want losers to come here and cut shot our precious lives grin grin grin

Posts like this one from a supposedly educated person make me wonder what hope that country has. First off, define “True Nigerians”. People have been living in places like Haiti and Congo as well, does that in any way justify the situation the many are suffering there to date?

As per your advice to the ‘Naija’ Government, you mean the same government that does not even understand the implications of the increasing AIDS number in that country and how best to approach the issue? The Nigerian Government should now turn the blame on those coming in, even as it remains blind to the fact that the country is already a petri dish of AIDS viruses and urgent actions need to be taken now? GENIUS!!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by diasporian: 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
and paint their head with red paint so they can be marked out at every opportunity. Gbwam.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2008
and paint their head with red paint so they can be marked out at every opportunity. Gbwam.

Your greatest issue here is inferiority complex. Common man, American returnees are not gods, they are human beings like you.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by ifele(m): 11:27pm On Dec 23, 2008
pEOPLES ARE VERY HOPELESS IS US NOW.

tru. Even US President is Obama people are still hopeless. Eyin eyan mi esa pada sile.

Ogun buruku nbo. War is coming to Oyinbo mans land time to escape.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by diasporian: 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2008
Inferiority complex to who? after living abroad for 6 years, i don't see where the complex will come from.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by GL(f): 11:52pm On Dec 23, 2008
grin grin grin all this argument all because fellow nigerians are coming home.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by ifele(m): 11:59pm On Dec 23, 2008
Jakumo you paint Nigeria to be a war zone. It is not too bad. There is more peace of mind in Nigeria than being an exile in California.

In the end where do yu want to be buried. I do not want to die in North America. I wanna go back home to sweet Nigeria.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Dec 24, 2008
LoL,  Exile in California! Who chase you? You no fit come back?? Wetin dey make human beings talk like towobo like this? What the heck is with this unfounded idea that Nigerians abroad are miserable like you? Gosh!! If you spend 6 years and you are miserable, it means it is not for you. Just as not everyone is cut out for the hard life in Nigeria! ha ~! oga ooo!!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 1:33am On Dec 24, 2008

pEOPLES ARE VERY HOPELESS IS US NOW.

tru. Even US President is Obama people are still hopeless. Eyin eyan mi esa pada sile.

Ogun buruku nbo. War is coming to Oyinbo mans land time to escape.
grin grin grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Hauwa1: 1:38am On Dec 24, 2008
grin grin grin

ok e je ka pada o si ile idorty
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Jakumo(m): 2:12am On Dec 24, 2008
ifele:

Jakumo you paint Nigeria to be a war zone. It is not too bad. There is more peace of mind in Nigeria than being an exile in California.

In the end where do yu want to be buried. I do not want to die in North America. I want to go back home to sweet Nigeria.

I could not care less where I am buried once I croak, Ifele.   My corpse can be fought over by wild dogs or used for medical school dissections for all I care.   My main preoccupation in life is delaying the timing of my death by staying out of the crossfire, regardless of whether the battles rage between the Bloods and the Crips in South Central Los Angeles, or between cops and robbers ALL OVER Nigeria.   

From my layman's observations so far, avoiding stray shots fired in the ghettos of America can be accomplished very simply by never setting foot in those clearly demarcated free-fire zones, while staying safe in Nigeria is best ensured by spending as little time as possible there, since the violence is NOT localised to any specific area of Nigeria, and can erupt anywhere and anytime with no prior notice other than the sight of people "scampering for dear life".
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by stalliontp(m): 2:32am On Dec 24, 2008
Echidime:

My only advice to Naija Government is to test them all on arrival to know if they are HIV POsitive or not,anyone found guilty of possesing HIV AIDS should be return to George Bush country,we True Nigerians don't want losers to come here and cut shot our precious lives.

@Echidime (m)- This guy is simply a retard. It is people with your kind of mentality that rule the country , And we are all witnesses to the kind of Nigeria it has become. Shameless slowpoke!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by AloyEmeka9: 2:58am On Dec 24, 2008
Most people that come home from abroad are retirees. Most of them receive social security from US. I have an uncle like that, they returned in 2006.

Assuming there are 20 couples that returned home in your village because that is where they usually reside. If each couple receive about $3k per month both from social security benefits, 401k and their children, do you know what it means in the economy of that village?. That means about $60K  new funds are pumped into the village per month and it will also mean that the woman selling akara by the road side will have increase in her sales; the auto mechanics will get more jobs; the plumbers, electricians etc will notice a wage difference. Guys, it's more beneficial than harmful. Come home.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by BlackMamba(m): 3:02am On Dec 24, 2008
Why would any sane person relocate to Naija if you've not figured a means of tapping into the corruption pipeline? We all know what the deal is in Naija.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 3:03am On Dec 24, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

Most people that come home from abroad are retirees. Most of them receive social security from US. I have an uncle like that, they returned in 2006.

Assuming there are 20 couples that returned home in your village because that is where they usually reside. If each couple receive about $3k per month both from social security benefits, 401k and their children, do you know what it means in the economy of that village?. That means about $60K new funds are pumped into the village per month and it will also mean that the woman selling akara by the road side will have increase in her sales; the auto mechanics will get more jobs; the plumbers, electricians etc will notice a wage difference. Guys, it's more beneficial than harmful. Come home.

If only it were as simple as that
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Jakumo(m): 3:06am On Dec 24, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

Assuming there are 20 couples that returned home in your village because that is where they usually reside. If each couple receive about $3k per month both from social security benefits, 401k and their children, do you know what it means in the economy of that village?. That means about $60K  new funds are pumped into the village per month and it will also mean that the woman selling akara by the road side will have increase in her sales; the auto mechanics will get more jobs; the plumbers, electricians etc will notice a wage difference. Guys, it's more beneficial than harmful. Come home.

Emeka, for your failure to mention the share of the Dollar Man's foreign aid package that will be allocated to the local area boys union in that village, you are hereby banned from visiting Nigeria for the next seven years.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by AloyEmeka9: 3:09am On Dec 24, 2008

Emeka, for your failure to mention the share of the Dollar Man's foreign aid package that will be allocated to the local area boys union in that village, you are hereby banned from visiting Nigeria for the next seven years.

grin grin If jobs dey, area boys go reduce in number. You dey fear naija like say na Dafur. Come home, no shaking. Dollar dey high now so we can use your pepper now. grin grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Ndipe(m): 3:58am On Dec 24, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

Assuming there are 20 couples that returned home in your village because that is where they usually reside. If each couple receive about $3k per month both from social security benefits, 401k and their children, do you know what it means in the economy of that village?. That means about $60K  new funds are pumped into the village per month and it will also mean that the woman selling akara by the road side will have increase in her sales; the auto mechanics will get more jobs; the plumbers, electricians etc will notice a wage difference. Guys, it's more beneficial than harmful. Come home.

Even with the plummeting value of stocks on Wall Street, and 3k a month in social security? Dude, where in America do you live in?
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Dec 24, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

grin grin If jobs dey, area boys go reduce in number. You dey fear naija like say na Dafur. Come home, no shaking. Dollar dey high now so we can use your pepper now. grin grin

60K a month into the local economy go reduce number area boys? Lol, Gosh!!! Please stop already !!! roflmao!!!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by AloyEmeka9: 4:19am On Dec 24, 2008
60K a month into the local economy go reduce number area boys? Lol,  Gosh!!! Please stop already !!! roflmao!!!

Do you know the difference between a village and a city besides my comment was sarcastic? JeeZ embarassed embarassed
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 4:40am On Dec 24, 2008
City area boys hear say 60K dey enter ground every month for one village alone, na im be the end of that one. Na so you go dey hear say so and so retire go naija, them no see am again. lol
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by ladej(m): 10:04am On Dec 24, 2008
thank you earth mama. the man who dies in terrorism acts whether it is india, USA, jos or south africa has still died. his family will still mourn regardless of the postcode
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by diasporian: 10:20am On Dec 24, 2008
FKseun:

Those of you out there, I advise you to ignore the negative comments from the jealous 'locals'. A lot of them desire to be where you are except for the 'constraints' they are facing. Please continue to strive in your individual endeavours until you deem it fit to return. May God bless us all.

You make me laugh, what is there to be jealous about?
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by ladej(m): 10:29am On Dec 24, 2008
Also to add to this post it is not a bad thing for nigerians to relocate home, whatever the reason might be. the key word here is ADDING. are they adding to the economy in terms of skill, expertise, resources? if they are then its all good. for instance a lot of people migrate worldwide for better life , not just nigerians. there are a lot of british people in dubai, there are a lot of british people in australia, there are a lot of british people in the caribbean. all went in search of a better life

if they dont make it in those places for whatever reason they should not[and wont be] castigated for it. so why should some of our people do that. it is a fact that the people who have done a great job in nigeria recently have been those who have gained experience in an economy that works[ like okonjo-iweala]. as long as there is positivity from the returnees i embrace it

even the british have HSMP [ highly skilled migrant programme] which encourages highly skilled people worldwide to come into UK to work and help their economy

so why should some of us not embrace our people back?  we need to think and think deep

if Obama's father, a kenyan immigrant was not allowed into the US in the 60s to school, we wont be having the first african american today as president. there is nothing wrong in them returning home
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Echidime(m): 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2008
@stalliontp: YOUR PROBLEM IS POVERTY,GO GET YOURSELF A JOB AND STOP WALLOWING IN POVERTY.

@KOBOJUNKIE: YOU MAKE ME LAUGH?SO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF WISE AND EDUCATED? SORRY FOR YOUR WASTED LIFE
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2008
Echidime:

@stalliontp: YOUR PROBLEM IS POVERTY,GO GET YOURSELF A JOB AND STOP WALLOWING IN POVERTY.

@KOBOJUNKIE: YOU MAKE ME LAUGH?SO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF WISE AND EDUCATED? SORRY FOR YOUR WASTED LIFE

I would not trust you to know your left from your right, so did not expect you to see the fault in your statement there. Don't worry about my life, it is amazing as is!! Worry about yours! Your focus and sympathies are needed more there grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Corruption: FG Investigates Senators And Reps / #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades / Fact-Check: Did Desmond Elliot Call For Social Media Regulation As Claimed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.