Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB (772 Views)

Supreme Court Unable To Deliver PDP Ruling Due To Political Interference / It’s End To Political Rascality— Bode George / ’30 APC Members Killed In Political Violence In Rivers’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by Coraje(m): 6:17am On Jan 12, 2015
The All Progressives Congress Presidential Candidate, Maj.-Gen. Mohammadu Buhari (retd), has rejected all manner of political violence, saying it has no place in his ongoing campaign.

According to him, every life is sacred.

Buhari was referring to the alleged burning of President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign bus in Jos, Plateau State, on Saturday.

Some irate persons reportedly went out of control in Jos, setting ablaze two campaign buses emblazoned with the picture of President Goodluck Jonathan and his Vice, Namadi Sambo.

The incident, which took place at Zololo junction by Mangu Street, along the Bauchi road in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State, happened ahead the inauguration of the Peoples Democratic Party Plateau Governorship campaign in the state.

Posting on his Twitter handle on Sunday, Buhari warned his supporters to shun violence and embrace peace, noting that he would not identify with anybody who breaks the law.

“Like I said after the attack on our supporters in Rivers State this week, elections are not war. Electoral violence is unacceptable. I have received news of violence in Jos. I condemn this violence in its entirety. I reject any supporter who resorts to violence,” the APC standard-bearer said.

In a series of tweets, Buhari, who urged the PDP also to embrace peace in its electioneering, noted that the change the APC represented would be achieved peacefully.

According to him, Nigerians cannot afford to resort to violence, as neither politics nor election implied war.

He said, “We can and we will bring change to Nigeria peacefully. I call on the Peoples Democratic Party to join this call for peace. Every Nigerian life is sacred. We insist on peace during these elections and always. Politics is not war. Elections are not a battle. Violence is strongly condemned.”

Buhari, who is giving the presidential race a third shot, on Sunday, displayed a photograph where he was playing with a toddler.

He said, “After a week on the road, I return to the joy of my grandchild. I do this for them. Our children deserve more.”

Posting on @GMBOffice, GMB Campaign Office, while expressing sadness over the incident, alleged that the PDP rival groups carried out the Jos burning.

Calling for an end to the spate of violence in the country, the GMB Campaign Office also challenged the government to rise up to the responsibility of enforcing laws and order.

It added, “The trend of uncontrolled violence in the polity needs to end. From terrorists to wanton hooligans, this government needs to sit up to do its job.

“Find perpetrators of violence as soon as they act, irrespective of who they are or who they align with, arrest them and let them face the full wrath of the law. We have a government in this country. It cannot continue to abandon its responsibility to ensure peace. It needs to do its job.”

However, some Jonathan’s aides have blamed the APC for the incident. Soon after the happening, the Special Assistant to the President on New Media, Reno Omokri, tweeted a YouTube video of a burning bus, saying, “Watch as youths chanting ‘Sai Buhari’ burn down Jonathan’s campaign bus, is this ‘change’?”

In another tweet, the presidential aide prayed, “May God destroy plans of those planning to rig election and those planning bloodshed after election. May there be no rigging, roasting, soaking in blood or parallel government.”

He, however, urged Nigerians to see the pre and post election violence as an issue that was beyond the PDP and APC. He said it was a Nigerian issue, which could only be fought with “unity.”

The Special Adviser to the President on the Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, also urged the different political groups to “conduct our electoral campaigns with highest possible decorum and civility.”

Conveying the President’s concern via tweeter, Abati called on Jonathan’s supporters to “pursue peace in the face of undue provocation.”

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/i-condemn-supporters-who-resort-to-violence-gmb/
Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by speakthetruth: 6:20am On Jan 12, 2015
Of course he does.

1 Like

Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by MuguliciousMUGU: 6:22am On Jan 12, 2015
Sometimes i wonder if violence and chaos are both brothers with buhari.

Yes it is true, violence, chaos, anarchy, dictatorship and buhari and brothers born of the same mother called war, no wonder why they behave alike.

Even the devil the father of all troubles is afraid of buhari.
Anyway, that is none of my business.

Meanwhile GEJ till obasanjo grows some hair on that his bald head.

1 Like

Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by Burger01(m): 6:24am On Jan 12, 2015
The desired 'change' can be achieved without violence.

People should stop the violence. Every life is sacred.

FeBuhari 2015..

3 Likes

Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by MuguliciousMUGU: 6:27am On Jan 12, 2015
APC trouble makers be like...

Burger01:
The desired 'change' can be achieved without violence.

People should stop the violence. Every life is sacred.

FeBuhari 2015..

1 Like

Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by Jeezyy(m): 6:29am On Jan 12, 2015
In as much as I'm not a supporter of buhari but I must say the General eschew violence, it's just some of his illiterate and die hard supporters that always resort to violence, and of course those hoodlums that are always ready to hijack.
Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by NaijaOptimist: 6:31am On Jan 12, 2015
Peaceful election we preach.
Peaceful change we want.

FeBuhari is here.
Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by otil1: 6:34am On Jan 12, 2015
He should also state that to "them" in BBC Hausa service. The last command he issued there was about dogs, baboon and blood

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by Burger01(m): 6:39am On Jan 12, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
APC trouble makers be like...

I hate to my post mentioned by Mugu you are angry

Peaceful election for FeBuhari 2015.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by clevvermind(m): 6:43am On Jan 12, 2015
Buhari only knows violence and he has injected it into the blood of his supporters.

1 Like

Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by cocoduck: 6:55am On Jan 12, 2015
How many awusa goats have twiter acounts

1 Like

Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by lilprinze: 7:19am On Jan 12, 2015
APC and violence is like Bread and butter.

1 Like

Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by mekaboy(m): 8:06am On Jan 12, 2015
ofcourse , but how then will the dog and baboon get soaked in blood without violence?

1 Like

Re: I Condemn Supporters Who Resort to Political Violence- GMB by obibankz(m): 8:31am On Jan 12, 2015
Stop condemning, just do the needful, call your bokoboys in order

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo:Ibadan Church Bans Leggings,Mini Skirts,Backless Outfits And Open B*oobs / Music On Buhari's Certificate Saga / Army Deploys New Russian Attack Helicopters Against Boko Haram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.