Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? (1193 Views)

How Does The Vagina Heal Back After Birth (photo) / Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery / Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? by MuyiGL: 6:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
I don't know which other section to post this. I hope it's in the right place.

I was wondering, Is it possible to obtain a birth certificate 15 to 20 years after birth? If so, how does one go about it? Thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? by Vince77(m): 6:50pm On Jan 12, 2015
Yes... mine was obtained wen i was abt 19 yrs old. So its possible. It was obtained in d hospital i was born.
Re: Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? by hahn(m): 6:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
In Nigeria anything is possible. Even aliens can get birth certificates. Lol

Just go to a court close to you and get an affidavit. You can use it in place of the birth certificate
Re: Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? by uboma(m): 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2015
@ op, visit the nearest NPC office close to you.
Re: Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? by MuyiGL: 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
hahn:
In Nigeria anything is possible. Even aliens can get birth certificates. Lol

Just go to a court close to you and get an affidavit. You can use it in place of the birth certificate

Thanks but I don't want an affidavit. I want a birth certificate
Re: Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? by MuyiGL: 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
uboma:
@ op, visit the nearest NPC office close to you.

Thanks but what is NPC?
Re: Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? by MuyiGL: 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
Vince77:
Yes... mine was obtained wen i was abt 19 yrs old. So its possible. It was obtained in d hospital i was born.

Interesting. And the hospital will be able to trace it to what date I was actually born? And will it be regarded as a valid birth certificate? Thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? by uboma(m): 7:20pm On Jan 12, 2015
MuyiGL:

Thanks but what is NPC?

National Population Commission.

Click on the link below to see their office nearest to you,

www.population.gov.ng/index.php/contactus
Re: Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? by hahn(m): 10:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
MuyiGL:

Thanks but I don't want an affidavit. I want a birth certificate

Try the hospital where you were born. They might be able to help
Re: Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? by LLVelly: 10:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
Just visit your Local govt they'll issue it to you. I got mine with L.G.A. identification just with N200each.(the paper is very old,u might thought it was issued on dat very day u were born).

NB:Where's Xcelsia, plz someone should tell her I want to hear/read her post.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? by MuyiGL: 9:45am On Jan 13, 2015
LLVelly:
Just visit your Local govt they'll issue it to you. I got mine with L.G.A. identification just with N200each.(the paper is very old,u might thought it was issued on dat very day u were born).

NB:Where's Xcelsia, plz someone should tell her I want to hear/read her post.

Thank you. Really? They issue it deliberately with old paper? Does that mean I get to claim any age I want or there's a process for fact checking it?
Re: Is It Possible To Obtain A Birth Certificate Many Years After Birth? by LLVelly: 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
MuyiGL:

Thank you. Really? They issue it deliberately with old paper? Does that mean I get to claim any age I want or there's a process for fact checking it?
Yes...they'll write what u say to them. I'm done here.

(1) (Reply)

My Dad Is Psychologically Ill / You Didn't Even Know It, But You've Been Pooping Wrong Your Whole Life! / Picture Of Demon Watching Over Unborn Baby In An Ultrasound Scan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.