Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,446 members, 7,801,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Pre-independence Yoruba Women - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pre-independence Yoruba Women (74928 Views)

The Beauty Of Yoruba Women / Beauty Of Yoruba Women ! (pictures) / Naija Girls Before And After Independence (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by chiogoezubem(f): 9:27am On Mar 25, 2015
Ilekeh:
smiley Beautiful women!

pix 1: Yoruba women

Pix 2:
Miss E.A Adebonojo, a Nigerian Student Studying At University Of London
Geography class at Marlborough Senior Girls School
Islesworth 1946.

Nice pictures. I love cultural pictures. Especially those of the past. They make my mind wonder, imagine things and create more pics.

1 Like

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by nifeseun(f): 10:17am On Mar 25, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
When yoruba women were beauty personified and well-groomed. Now all they do is bleach to compete with Igbo ladies, stab nd cheat on their partners.

Traditional values gone pftt!

Na wa o! We re all Nigerians and yet we compare and critize each oda like dis, dats y d whites call us babboons.. We av lots of fair, infact very fair yoruba ladies, not only igbos are fair, go to Ondo akoko part Ʊ wuld see lots of dem, am proud to be one.. We av fair, chocolate, dark, black and shine all over, among the igbos, yorubas,calabar, delta and co, pretty women And handsome guys. So pls, learn to appreciate ur fellow Nigerians instead of praising the whites that doesn't even know Ʊ exist and dislike ur culture and country like shit.. God bless us all

2 Likes

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by nifeseun(f): 10:20am On Mar 25, 2015
4got to comment on d main thing, love all the pix, wish we could go back to those days, no ritualist, kidnapping, hired killers, thieves, rapist and evil... God pls, help nigeria
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 25, 2015
christopher123:

b ut good and quality things dont come cheap...we all know that the most desirable ladies are igbo intellectually and physically they are on point...but i still love my yoruba women ..they have backside, that alone is a credit..thats all
Last time I checked, best things in life are free take the air we breath for example. This is why some tribes in Nigeria don't sell their daughters because they are priceless!

2 Likes

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by DollyParton1(f): 11:05am On Mar 25, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Stop frontin'.

I don't smoke anymore - wanna start making Yoruba babies soon lol. So they gatts be nicotine free.
you finally quit. Very good of u .
just find a nicotine free Yoruba lady too

1 Like

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by bababuff(m): 11:27am On Mar 25, 2015
Ilekeh:
A group of Yoruba women in the festival of ere ibeji images
Photograph by William Fagg

These are not Yoruba women.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by SirShymexx: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2015
DollyParton1:
you finally quit. Very good of u .
just find a nicotine free Yoruba lady too

Word on the street is that ya batty is nicotine free - so I have got my eyes on you lol.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Abless212: 11:32am On Mar 25, 2015
Black is d colour.....
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Ilekeh(f): 11:42am On Mar 25, 2015
femi4:
Ileke Idi....Omo won le Ekiti

Omo owa omo ekun

Omo oro ninu waya agbele sebi eko, aidamo ro o yangba

Omo otiriki ju Ida, ki leri ogun hun won lule owa

Udile Ekiti Omo aji mogun sano omo opababa lesi lodo ose oko.

Edumare bawa da Ule Ekiti si

Aseeeeee

Sounds like my grandma's prayer grin
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by DollyParton1(f): 11:53am On Mar 25, 2015
SirShymexx:

Word on the street is that ya batty is nicotine free - so I have got my eyes on you lol.

lol... words on the streets can be misleading.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by oketoyinboshola(m): 12:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
I can even see my great grandma in the pix
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by DeRay98(m): 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
KMB:
Interesting....so how did all that natural and unique beauty just disappear that these days ladies can't do without makeup.

Lots of the women of nowadays lack self confidence...they want to be like somebody else. Some of them say they do it for men yet men complain of the "masquerades"they have become.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by christopher123(m): 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
THE LAST I CHECKED THEY SAID CHEAP AIN'T GOOD

I PREFER EXOTIC
naijamark:

Last time I checked, best things in life are free take the air we breath for example. This is why some tribes in Nigeria don't sell their daughters because they are priceless!
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
christopher123:
THE LAST I CHECKED THEY SAID CHEAP AIN'T GOOD

I PREFER EXOTIC
The most exotic ladies are bitches, exclusively prostitutes. I know this from my experience in London.

1 Like

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by christopher123(m): 2:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
naijamark:

The most exotic ladies are bitches, exclusively prostitutes. I know this from my experience in London.

oh u do call girls and that
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by SirShymexx: 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
DollyParton1:

lol... words on the streets can be misleading.

Lol. You know 'em streets don't lie. The voice of the street is the voice of a G - no chatty patty loool.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
christopher123:

oh u do call girls and that
LOL. I don't do call girls. Just letting you know who the most exotic girls are. They've got an asset which theyshamelessly flaunt for the highest bidder. I hope you will refrain yourself from calling Ibo girls exotic. Because exotic girls are prostitutes and those the likes you see on music videos.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by christopher123(m): 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
naijamark:

LOL. I don't do call girls. Just letting you know who the most exotic girls are. They've got an asset which theyshamelessly flaunt for the highest bidder. I hope you will refrain yourself from calling Ibo girls exotic. Because exotic girls are prostitutes and those the likes you see on music videos.

but what is the defnition of exotic

strikingly unusual or strange in effect or appearance:

lol
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Filashade(f): 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
I love the pictures.

You are right. Nigerian women as hole are beautiful

Naija 4 lyfsmiley

grin cool kiss
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by xtervaganza(m): 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
christopher123:

my dear your putting words in my mouth..i never said they aint or are beautiful. I am just a keen observer...but why do we have less MBGN from there?
so much for being a keen observer.

So you really think the girl chosen as the most beautiful girl in Nigeria is actually the most beautiful girl in Nigeria?

And if you have a model friend or beauty contestant as a buddy, they will tell you the award is political

3 Likes

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Ihuomadinihu: 8:10am On Mar 26, 2015
I doubt some of the pictures are of Yoruba people esp The female graduates of Ibadan and the two women tying two george wrappers with a simple blouse. It's always good to verify and vet pictures before posting, unless the photographer said otherwise,those pictures i pointed out are not Yoruba.
On beauty,African magic Yoruba can be used as a standard for measuring beauty of Yoruba women. The fact is that most of the pretty looking women are mixed down the line or are from a different ethnic group,e.g :
Doris simeon - Edo
Helen Paul - Edo
Fathia Balogun - Delta
Iyabo Ojo - Yoruba/Igbo
Rachel Oniga - Delta
Mercy Aigbe - Edo
Toyin Aimakhu - Edo.
It is interesting how they come up to tell us they are not Yoruba or are mixed.
That leaves you with the rest and we know themsmiley.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by christopher123(m): 8:22am On Mar 26, 2015
what about the international award, they are still political ...lol

a run away nun always talk ill of the monastery...thats a proverb
xtervaganza:
so much for being a keen observer.

So you really think the girl chosen as the most beautiful girl in Nigeria is actually the most beautiful girl in Nigeria?

And if you have a model friend or beauty contestant as a buddy, they will tell you the award is political
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by christopher123(m): 8:24am On Mar 26, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
I doubt some of the pictures are of Yoruba people esp The female graduates of Ibadan and the two women tying two george wrapper with a simple blouse. It's always good to verify and vet pictures before posting, unless the photographer said otherwise,those pictures i pointed out are not Yoruba.
On beauty,African magic Yoruba is a standard for measuring beauty of Yoruba women. The fact is that most of the pretty looking women are mixed down the line or are from a different ethnic group,e.g :
Doris simeon - Edo
Helen Paul - Edo
Fathia Balogun - Delta
Iyabo Ojo - Yoruba/Igbo

and yorubas are not noted to tie george wrapper, they are lace tieng peeps. IT IS ONLY THE IGBOS AND NIGER DELTA have george wrapper as their culture, i noticed it but if i pointed it out they will call me TRIBALIST and KILL JOY

They have been Deceiving people since 1266 AD
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by billyG(m): 10:09am On Mar 26, 2015
Disappoited no pics of them in leaves.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by ChristyG(f): 10:33am On Mar 26, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
I doubt some of the pictures are of Yoruba people esp The female graduates of Ibadan and the two women tying two george wrappers with a simple blouse. It's always good to verify and vet pictures before posting, unless the photographer said otherwise,those pictures i pointed out are not Yoruba.
On beauty,African magic Yoruba can be used as a standard for measuring beauty of Yoruba women. The fact is that most of the pretty looking women are mixed down the line or are from a different ethnic group,e.g :
Doris simeon - Edo
Helen Paul - Edo
Fathia Balogun - Delta
Iyabo Ojo - Yoruba
Rachel Oniga - Delta
Mercy Aigbe - Edo
Toyin Aimakhu - Edo.
ibos and their pathetic lies.and who told u half of those women are pretty?bukky wright,sola osideko,temitope osoba,biodun okeowo are way finer than helen paul,rachel oniga and toyin.u packed all the non yorubas and claimed that they are fine when only few of them are.the pretty ones in ur list are mercy and Doris,the others are very ordinary looking.it is funny u ibos claim only mixed yorubas are fine when inter tribal marriage is very low in Nigeria and Yoruba land,so i don't know where u got ur mixed sh1t story from.it is not by force to comment especially if you have nothing resonable to say,cos u have not made any sense.btw iyabo ojo has no Ibo blood in her,don't know where u got that sh1t story from,both of her parents are yorubas.it is obvious u know nothing about the Yoruba movie industry,so don't embarass itself any further.

Iyabo Ojo's Biography

Alice Iyabo Ojo an Alist actress in Nollywood mostly in the yoruba movie sector was born on the 21st of December 1977 in to the Ogunro family in Obanikoro area of Lagos state, she hails from Abeokuta Itoko town in Ogun state, she has 2 siblings and is the only girl and the last born, her dad late Mr Adekunle Ogunro died years ago, while her mum Madam Olubunmi Fetuga is still very much alife, she attended Grace Children nursary and primary school in Gbagada, National College Gbagbaga and studied Estate managenent in Lagos state Polytechnic.

she joined the nigeria movie industry under the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) in 1998 with the help of a senior colleague Bimbo Akintola who in turn introduced her to keppy Epeyoung, her first role was in a movie titled satanic directed by Mr Matayas, she took a break from acting when she got married in 1999 and had 2 lovely kids, she later returned back but first went to join Black Image an African dance drama stage group in 2001 and still in the same year she joined the Association of Nigeria Theatre Practioners (ANTP) under the Odunfa Caucus.

she has featured in over 150 movies and have produced over 14 movies of her own which includes Botife her 1st movie, Bofeboko, Ololufe, Ana si ana, Agogo ide, Ero mi, Iyan ogun odun, Wole akudaya, okunkun biribiri, award winning Omo gomina, Arinzo, Tenbelu and her most two recent english movies Silence (sayno2childabuse) and Beyond-disability yet to be released

The 36yrs old actress, producer, enterpreneur and a mother of two, 15yrs old Festus Oladunjoye Ojo (son) and 13yrs old Priscilla Ajoke Ojo (daugther) has also won alot of awards both local and international to mention a few:

5 Likes

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Wulfruna(f): 11:59am On Mar 26, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
Doris simeon - Edo
Helen Paul - Edo
Fathia Balogun - Delta
Iyabo Ojo - Yoruba/Igbo
Rachel Oniga - Delta
Mercy Aigbe - Edo
Toyin Aimakhu - Edo.

Please, explain to us why you think the female graduates from Ibadan are not Yoruba. I'll really like to know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
Doris simeon - Edo
Helen Paul - Edo
Fathia Balogun - Delta
Iyabo Ojo - Yoruba/Igbo
Rachel Oniga - Delta
Mercy Aigbe - Edo
Toyin Aimakhu - Edo.
I don't know what get's into the head of these flat arse albinos? Hate as much as you like, I like my Yoruba women. Full options! tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
Doris simeon - Edo
Helen Paul - Edo
Fathia Balogun - Delta
Iyabo Ojo - Yoruba/Igbo
Rachel Oniga - Delta
Mercy Aigbe - Edo
Toyin Aimakhu - Edo.
I don't know what get's into the head of these flat arse, flat chest albinos? You call those disgusting hairy things with yam legs in that part of the country beauty? Hate as much as you like, I like my Yoruba women. Full options, baby and papa got something to suck, junior too can sit comfortably on mama's back without slipping! tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Ihuomadinihu: 11:15am On Mar 28, 2015
naijamark:

I don't know what get's into the head of these flat arse, flat chest albinos? You call those disgusting hairy things with yam legs in that part of the country beauty? Hate as much as you like, I like my Yoruba women. Full options, baby and papa got something to suck, junior too can sit comfortably on mama's back without slipping! tongue
Why must you fill your post with sexual innuendos? Nobody said you shouldn't like your women. The Northern and South Eastern parts are way up there in terms of beauty.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Why must you fill your post with sexual innuendos? Nobody said you shouldn't like your women. The Northern and South Eastern parts are way up there in terms of beauty.
I only explained what beauty means to me, no offence meant. I'm delighted your "beauty" sphere is gradually shifting away from the South East to now include Northern part of the country. Keep up the shift, the more the opportunity you have to travel out of your Aba base, the better informed you are.

2 Likes

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by ChristyG(f): 1:04pm On Mar 28, 2015
naijamark:

I only explained what beauty means to me, no offence meant. I'm delighted your "beauty" sphere is gradually shifting away from the South East to now include Northern part of the country. Keep up the shift, the more the opportunity you have to travel out of your Aba base, the better informed you are.
grin grin.when half of their women are looking like men with beards and hairy chest,he has to attach to others to feel good about their useless selfs,yeye people,i wonder which research came up with which women are the standard of beauty..most people rep their tribe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by ChristyG(f): 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

same way u like ur hairy yam legged women,so someone from another tribe wont rate them high and place them at the bottom the way u are doing

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! / Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.