Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Certain Rules For Staying With People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Certain Rules For Staying With People (1186 Views)

How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? / Certain Rules For Staying With People / I'm Tired Of Staying With My Parents. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Certain Rules For Staying With People by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 13, 2015
I think there are certain rules people should follow when putting up/ staying/ squatting with a family...especially if you are over 18. These rules include:

Let them know why you need a place to stay and for how long

Respect their house. Even when they say "please feel free, its your house too"...show some respect. Do not do things like leaving electronics on and going to bed, blaring music at full blast even when you know no one wants to listen to the music and wearing boxers and pant and bra or walking around with towels
Trust me, not everyone finds it sexy.

Limit the number of visitors that come to see you. Especially members of the opposite sex

If you are going to be late or going for a few days, let them know of your plans. it is not nice leaving them guessing whether you are coming home or not

Stop whining about food. If you dont like what they cook or they dont always cook, get your own food! They dont owe you anything

Be useful around the house. Always clean up after you. The fact that there is a maid in the house is not license to be lazy.

Have boundaries. Dont take what does not belong to you without asking. Dont barge into rooms without knocking

Always say thank you...a thankless person is never satisfied. Always complaining and asking for more

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by Miami11: 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
Well Said, I had a guest that wasted my food why? She could not eat left overs, I had my fridge full of excess food she made and made some more.
Then she threw her sanitary towels carelessly my house Don stink, you should have seen me tearing the house looking for what was smelling while she sat there.
then gossiping about me in my own house I swore this woman will never come back to my house.

2 Likes

Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by Rapmoney(m): 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
Nice write-up, Op. More grease to your shouldersgrin
Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by Rapmoney(m): 3:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
I don't know why threads like this don't make FP
Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by bukatyne(f): 4:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
Nice thread
Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
Very nice.
Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by krystal101(f): 6:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
Lovely write up
Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by Ezibless: 8:31pm On Jan 13, 2015
This is handy right nowgrin
Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by KanwuliaJara: 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
PAY FOR YOUR ACCOMODATION. . . .
Always give them money for some grocery shopping. . . or give the kids SOME MONEY.
Do not be a 'free-loader'! kiss

CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!!!!! kiss
SPEND AS LITTLE TIME IN THE HOUSE AS POSSIBLE!!!! kiss
DON'T GET INTO THEIR DOMESTIC AFFAIRS!!!
KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ALWAYS!!!!! kiss

Always remember that 'familiarity always breeds CONTEMPT'. . . .MAKE YOUR STAY SHORT AND LEAVE AS SOON AS YOU FEEL UNWELCOME.

Things can only get worse. . . NOT BETTER!!!! kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
Nice thread !

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Know What To Do / Got Home To See Your Kid Like This, What Will You Do? / When Are Children Ready To Start School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.