Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] (16877 Views)

Buy Sparx Black Colour Mens Sandals Online / Guys Can You Rock These Sandals? / Ladies Why Do You Wear Mini-skirt If You Dont Feel Comfortable In It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 13, 2015
Is it wrong? No dress code was given. They way the interview is, I don't know how it was for others but at my turn, after asking me some questions, I was told to climb a small stage and demonstrate. I wore long sleeve shirt, tucked in properly ironed trousers with socks and my leather sandals.
When one woman sighted my leg she chuckled and whispered in another's ear and they started gossiping my sandals.
It killed my morale and I began to wonder when it became a bad thing to wear sandals. I have many that I used to wear but now I no longer have the courage to.

This is how the sandal looks like like on the leg. My leg is not fine so I won't use it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by bennygreat1(m): 9:23am On Jan 13, 2015
Yes!!! Wrong!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 13, 2015
bennygreat1:
Yes!!! Wrong!
what is wrong with it. It is leather sandals not rubber

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by endy4oxide(m): 9:38am On Jan 13, 2015
Depends on the dress you gah on.

And also depends on the JoB..... if na cleaner job , you are good to go grin

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 13, 2015
endy4oxide:
Depends on the dress you gah on.

And also depends on the JoB..... if na cleaner job , you are good to go grin
guy! ur mouth ehn!! lol.
but u're right though

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by endy4oxide(m): 10:11am On Jan 13, 2015
Justosaus:

guy! ur mouth ehn!! lol.
but u're right though

grin cheesy.
How pson go even wear sandal go interview. You trying to tell the organizers that when you are employed, you can even wear bathroom slippers to work.

29 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by emeraldoe(f): 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
endy4oxide:

grin cheesy.
How pson go even wear sandal go interview. You trying to tell the organizers that when you are employed, you can even wear bathroom slippers to work.
not jst bathroom slippers but with socks cheesy

22 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Isiterere(m): 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
which kind job interview will allow that?

Sneakers is not even allowed not to talk of sanda.
Are you applying for the post of factory worker?

ALL IZZ WELL

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by fpeter(f): 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
very wrong except u be aboki

5 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by delman88(m): 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
it isnt wrong oooo>>>> but STUPID!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
Lol, its like asking if it is wrong to wear shoes inside a White garment church.

No one will take you seriously.

12 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by TRADELYN: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
grin grin grin
It's best to copy the staff dress sense/style.

I mean just find out the staff dress code for the post you're applying for; and appear as if you are already an employee of the company.

In other news... ........Enjoy 30% Discount This Season .......

For your school project, business plan, market research, etc....email 'tradelyn@gmail.com.'

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
its ok nw
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by jaybee3(m): 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
Na beach interview you wan attend?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
my picture says it all…take heartgrin

5 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by abila122: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
Wrong extremely wrong if i was the employer i will tell you we will get back to you in 100yrs grin

Igbos still better off in united Nigeria, says Obiano
Source: http://e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/2559-igbos-still-better-off-in-united-nigeria-says-obiano
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by ElFenomeno1: 3:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
krall:

Idio....t!
So what if it is leather sandals?!
What is wrong with you guys? Where is your brain?!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hell no.
I turn up for an interview or business meeting in this kind of shoe, my interviewer or prospective partner must have an impression I must be doing something right. grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Moblord(m): 3:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
it is not bad, you can even go when you have no shoes

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by solid3(m): 3:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
If you are seeking any of the following job no problem:

Clear
Driver
Security guard
Messenger
Nani
House Help
etc

But if you are seeking for banking job, a good corporate organization like Shell, Oando, etc, your name is sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by princesuko(m): 3:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
.Its not bad....

You should have worn Bathroom slippers and sock.....
undecided

is it a driver position or what.... undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by martincbarton: 3:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
It depends on the kind of job. some jobs have dressing codes while some don't.
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by seangy4konji: 3:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
Wrong.

But wait. If it's a keke napep job?

Salubata thingz. No kor shoe.

Ps. Even good luck had no shoes but now use billions to eat so no story.(he scammed us with that I had no shoe story. )

3 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by kccarew(f): 3:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
Am so sorry, but I couldn't help myself but laugh, my dear, you are going to a corporate organization, so u have to be fully corporate, and did u say u wore socks with it, haba, come on!

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
yes @OP you can even wear bathroom slippers or palm.... ;Dyes @OP you can even wear bathroom slippers or palm.... grin
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by bigt2(m): 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
grin sandals to job interview? I give up cheesy grin
Knowledge is knowing that tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. WORD FROM A NAIRALANDER. cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
krall:
you get time to even categorise sef! My brother, even sule go fear your sandal! Sandals are for casual wears.
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by philips70(m): 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
It's not wrong, wear bathroom slippers plus lopo to your next if you are not successful in this.
Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by Tiffarah(f): 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
Haba OP after dressing up, you decided to wear sandals to a job interview... So wrong!!! Even in class there's a particular lecturer in my department that doesn't like seeing guys wear palm sandals leather or not to his class. In summary, a pair of shoe is preferrable.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by EdwardRandy(m): 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
krall:
Is it wrong? No dress code was given. They way the interview is, I don't know how it was for others but at my turn, after asking me some questions, I was told to climb a small stage and demonstrate. I wore long sleeve shirt, tucked in properly ironed trousers with socks and my leather sandals.
When one woman sighted my leg she chuckled and whispered in another's ear and they started gossiping my sandals.
It killed my morale and I began to wonder when it became a bad thing to wear sandals. I have many that I used to wear but now I no longer have the courage to.

This is how the sandal looks like like on the leg. My leg is not fine so I won't use it.
..... This OP muust surely come from otueke,,, he has no shoes!!!!!! grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] by olareed(m): 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sandals go interview?..kilode?..na u get d company?..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman In Hot Yoga Pants Attract Million Followers In Hours / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde On The Cover Of New African Magazine / Oge Okoye And Uti Nwachukwu On The Covers Of Editarnish Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.