Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam (29512 Views)

Court Sacks Makarfi/fayose Backed Ekiti Pdp State EXCO / Fashola's 8 Years And Gej/FG/All PDP State's 16 Years Record. Compare. PICS.... / Poor Turnout Mars Apc/Buhari Campaign In Edo State [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by lalasticlala(m): 5:21pm On Jan 13, 2015
It was a show of shame for Terhemen Tarzoor, the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Benue State and his running mate, John Ngbede in Gboko, Benue State recently as residents of the area vented their anger on Suswam for telling them to vote for his candidate, Tarzoor.

Gboko is the powerhouse of the Tiv nation and the flag off of the PDP campaign rally in the area was to immortalize the legendary late Joseph Sarwuan Tarka, who fought for the emancipation of the people.

The people of Benue have constantly accused Suswam’s government of subjecting them to untold hardship especially in the last four years.

It was observed that tertiary institutions such as the polytechnic and the College of Education in the state have been on strike over unpaid salaries.

Similarly, primaries schoolteachers just returned from strike after almost a year over issues bothering on salaries, just as civil servants in the state were also forced to celebrate the last Christmas without salaries.

However, the governor could not provide any reasonable answer on why workers’ salaries are on hold.

These and many more made the people to vent their anger on Suswam and his political allies who came to campaign for Tarzoor’s election in the community.

Our correspondent gathered that the event took a dramatic turn after Suswam mounted the podium to address the people on the need to allow Tarzoor take over the mantle of leadership from him next month.

The governor, in his speech, claimed he has done a lot for the state and they should vote for PDP to continue from where he would stop.

Apparently irked by his speech, the scanty crowd began to boo the governor, chanting, ‘Isho chenge’ which means we need change in Tiv language. Others were seen saying, ‘no to ‘Razor’, referring to Tarzoor. Some equally were seen chanting ‘Tarzoo’ Tarzoo’ meaning go back to the zoo.

It took the intervention of security agents on ground to calm the irate crowd who out rightly rejected Suswam and his candidate.

A resident of the area told DAILY POST that the people of the State have vowed never to vote Suswam or his candidate who was impeached as the Speaker of the State House of Assembly.

“Imagine the governor telling us that we should vote for Tarzoor that he would build on the foundation he had laid, and one would ask: which foundation? The people of Benue are not ready to be fooled again.

This is a case of once beaten twice shy, Suswam had beaten us twice and we are not ready to be fooled the third time,” he said.

DAILY POST observed that Suswam would also be locking horns with the incumbent, Barnabas Gemade over who represents the Benue Zone A senatorial district at the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/01/13/benue-low-turnout-mars-pdp-governorship-rally-gboko-angry-residents-boo-governor-suswam/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by meracool(m): 5:23pm On Jan 13, 2015
PDP is a Sinking Ship..

CHANGE has Come on a Platter..
Nigerians Embrace CHANGE.

Vote GMB...
Vote Apc....

Together we can Do It...!!!

176 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by DickDastardly(m): 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
I strongly condemn this low turn out smiley

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by SeverusSnape(m): 5:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
The thing is that, This Suswam is not performing at all, I support the people on this, Reject him and his candidate. But then again, This is Nigeria; that his candidate will still win.
Mtcheeewwwww.

10 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by Clefcentfelix(m): 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
Eh yah
Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by fattybombom: 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
G.
Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by januzaj(m): 5:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
chai....ehnnn...chai...ehn....suswam....ehnn.....she na only waka come...she na only waka come......benue ppl diarisssss God oooooo......dis boos u are sharing.....dis..dis...dis boos u are sharing...diaris God oooo.....pdp e-rats ll U keep quiet.....come and find ur senses..januzaj wants to hlp u find ur missing .......sensss...cesc ......... ur missing senses

8 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by dre11(m): 5:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
These are bad time for Taniods

They should have seen the hand writing on the wall since the middle of last year
But they decide to ignore it

Anyway...... The PDP ship has capside and the leader of their government is going back to Otuoke
So, also the governorship candidate for this election

24 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
A monumental failure endorsing a potential failure.

Benue people are now wiser. The wind of change will blow and they will receive it.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
jesu Christi
Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by p3ndy79: 5:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
Jonathan met PDP and they hit badluck

Rev. Mbaka.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by infobiz9ja(m): 5:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
Nigerians are rising up & taking a stand, Commendable.

9 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 13, 2015
[size=44pt]PDP[/size]getting [size=44pt]booed[/size]

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by MansaMoussa: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2015
Where are those arguing with me that PDP will claim Benue state?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by SUBMARINE: 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
meracool:
PDP is a Sinking Ship..

Vote GMB...
Vote Apc....

I hope GMB won't be stoned there by the people whose relatives have being killed by Fulani herdsmen grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by edoyad(m): 5:56pm On Jan 13, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Why are some our media houses descending so low ? There were more than 1,000 vehicles there at J Tarka center gboko, not to mention people. I was even disappointed cos i couldn`t get in.

6 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by MillionDollars: 5:56pm On Jan 13, 2015
PDP is just like BLACKBERRY. Its going down at speed!!

The way they are going DOWN ehn, they might discover oil!!

15 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by jamace(m): 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2015
MansaMoussa:
Where are those arguing with me that PDP will claim Benue state?
My friend read the story again. This news is very fake. How recent is "recently" in this news? No date. grin APC journalists doing the bidding of their paymaster. Una too small, wallahi. PDP will show APC pepper.
It was a show of shame for Terhemen Tarzoor, the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Benue State and his running mate, John Ngbede in Gboko, Benue State [b]recently [/b]as residents of the area vented their anger on Suswam for telling them to vote for his candidate, Tarzoor.

5 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by omenka(m): 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
I love all that is happening. The defections, the rejection of the killer party, the low turnouts, etc; but there's a danger in all of it. Nigerians tend to get too sentimental at times. Some folks might just decide to support Jonathan out of pity that everyone seems to despise him, and he's come under such vicious attack and needs some sympathy. I can only hope this doesn't happen anyway.

Long live APC!!

Long live Nigeria!!

The #Change we all yearn for seems to have anchored finally!!

Gotta toast to this. Barcanista and donphilopus, meet me @ the bar up there. Drinks on me!! grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by cKaiser: 6:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
No be the middle belt wey PDP dey boast of winning be this?

I laugh in Gurumaharaji

7 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by orimsamsam(m): 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
Just a simple statement.
Sai buhari change

4 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by alaoeri: 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
Isn't it glaring the clueless one is going back to Otuoke come May 29? grin
CHANGE is all we demand for by now GEJ should be writing his handing over letter.
SAI GMB/PYO 2015 DONE DEAL.

6 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by englishmart(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2015
I'm tired of all these noises

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
omenka:
I love all that is happening. The defections, the rejection of the killer party, the low turnouts, etc; but there's a danger in all of it. Nigerians tend to get too sentimental at times. Some folks might just decide to support Jonathan out of pity that everyone seems to despise him, and he'd come under vicious attack. I can only hope this doesn't happen anyway.

Long live APC!!

Long live Nigeria!!

The #Change we all yearn for seems to have anchored finally!!

Gotta toast to this. Barcanista and donphilopus, meet me @ the bar up there. Drinks on me!! grin
My brother, I don't knw what other sign that Jonathan and his pdp are waiting for to see the mass rejection they wl receive next month. Nigerians are united, Change everywhere

9 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by DrMattews: 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
please if you are part of injection people please csll me please
Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ochejoseph,how market? What is happening to your state?

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by Dreyl(m): 7:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
p3ndy79:
Jonathan met PDP and they hit badluck

Rev. Mbaka.
the truth is that jonaTAN is a goner, no hope for him again because of his stoopidity.

5 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by ejiro2130(m): 7:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
SeverusSnape:
The thing is that, This Suswam is not performing at all, I support the people on this, Reject him and his candidate. But then again, This is Nigeria; that his candidate will still win.
Mtcheeewwwww.

Not this time Bro, the forces against pdp in the state is just too great for them to survive

I only pray the coming government pursue corruption allegations against suswan

7 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam by NaijaOptimist: 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
meracool:
PDP is a Sinking Ship..

Vote GMB...
Vote Apc....

Yes we will do it.
Change is here.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Lifts Ban On Importation Of Furniture , Textiles / APC Results Are Like Ijebu Garri - Reno Omokri / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.