Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,225 members, 7,780,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:05 PM

Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: (8946 Views)

Election Results With Pictures / Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 / Moroco Recalls Ambassador In Nigeria Over Presidency Unethical Practices-bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 13, 2015
MOST DANGEROUS CULTURAL PRACTICES ON EARTH

Every culture, race, and age group seems to have them: traditions. A tradition is set to be simply a set of practices. Christmas festivities are seen as traditions, just as throwing rice at a wedding is considered a tradition. Traditions are just one of the many things that allow people from all over to interrelate and have a common bond. However, traditions aren’t always fun and games.

Below are a list of some of the world's most dangerous cultural practices.
Feel free to add, comment and share.
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
1- MASAI MORAN
Masai is a community in Kenya. Before you can be acknowledged and respected as a man, YOU HAVE TO FIRST ACQUIRE THE TITLE "MORAN" and this title neither comes cheap or easy. It entails going to into the jungle and hunting down a lion; not with a fancy gun but with only a spear.

http://spankthedonut..com/2015/01/most-dangerous-cultural-practices-on.html

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2015
2- Baby Dropping ceremony, India
Muslims in the western Indian town of Solapur line up to drop their babies off a 15 meter tower in a shrine, catching them in a white sheet. The ritual, which has taken place for more than half a millennium, is believed to make the children grow up healthy and strong. The faithful claim there have never been any injuries during this ritual which has lasted over 500 years. How much different is this from the lullaby “…and down will come baby, cradle and all.”

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Ilekeh(f): 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2015
icebeatz:
MOST DANGEROUS CULTURAL PRACTICES ON EARTH
Every culture, race, and age group seems to have them: traditions. A tradition is set to be simply a set of practices. Christmas festivities are seen as traditions, just as throwing rice at a wedding is considered a tradition. Traditions are just one of the many things that allow people from all over to interrelate and have a common bond. However, traditions aren’t always fun and games.
Below are a list of some of the world's most dangerous cultural practices.
Feel free to add, comment and share.

Hmmmm, so what's the MASAI tribe male population?

3 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2015
3- Bull fighting:
Bullfighting is a traditional spectacle of Spain, Portugal, southern France and some Hispanic American countries (Mexico,Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela and Peru), in which one or more bulls are fought in a bullring. Although a blood sport, by definition, some followers of the spectacle prefer to view it as a 'fine art' and not a sport, as there are no elements of competition in the proceedings.

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
4- Female circumcision
Predominantly practiced in few parts of Africa and asian countries. This is often considered a rite of passage for young girls (pre-puberty and early puberty). The circumcision process is an invasive and painful surgical procedure that is often performed without anesthetic on girls before puberty
It is believed, that the cutting of the female Instruments will ward of diseases, prevent promiscuity and lead to a general better life. Even though we know the reverse is often the case.

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
5- Underage Marriage: [/b]Unfortunately, this dangerous cultural practice abounds in almost every country one can think of. Predominantly in Asia and Africa. It is mainly affiliated with religious believes and superstition.
In south Africa for example, it is often [b]ERRONEOUSLY
believed that having an intercourse with a virgin can cure HIV and other sti's. The deleterious effects of child marriage is cannot be over emphasized.

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 13, 2015
6- Ritual Killings Of Humans: this cultural practice dates as far back as one can remember. From the aryans to the mayans. This dangerous cultural practice transcends several generations and still occurs today. Murder is a crime in every country on earth so the ritual killers often resort to forcefully kidnapping their victims.

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 13, 2015
Feel free to add yours!!
P.S. This is in no particular order. THEY ARE ALL DANGEROUS!
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ilekeh:

Hmmmm, so what's the MASAI tribe male population?

GOOGLE is ur friend loool!!... lion for don chop chop all of them

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nairalander01: 11:50pm On Jan 13, 2015
Hmmmm This kind of culture scares Me
Thank God I'm a Nigerian
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by redgem(f): 11:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
All are dangerous....mtchew.......
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nairalander01: 11:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
Numbers 4, 5, and 6 are very cruel. undecided
Ewwww can't stand it embarassed
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by temitemi1(m): 11:58pm On Jan 13, 2015
Suicide mission
icebeatz:
2- Baby Dropping ceremony, India
Muslims in the western Indian town of Solapur line up to drop their babies off a 15 meter tower in a shrine, catching them in a white sheet. The ritual, which has taken place for more than half a millennium, is believed to make the children grow up healthy and strong. The faithful claim there have never been any injuries during this ritual which has lasted over 500 years. How much different is this from the lullaby “…and down will come baby, cradle and all.”

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 14, 2015
icebeatz:
5- Underage Marriage: [/b]Unfortunately, this dangerous cultural practice abounds in almost every country one can think of. Predominantly in Asia and Africa. It is mainly affiliated with religious believes and superstition.
In south Africa for example, it is often [b]ERRONEOUSLY
believed that having an intercourse with a virgin can cure HIV and other sti's. The deleterious effects of child marriage is cannot be over emphasized.

You are dubious, evil and envious idddiot Which culture believes rapping virgins will cure HIV & STI'S?

I am sure you added South Africa there yourself. How can this be a culture? How can you turn an evil act by some few sickos into a South African Culture?

While on your ritual killing post your show medieval pictures and not mention Nigeria that is the present day ritual killing capital. Your hate and envy will consume you. Bloody agent!!!
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Trailblazer1(m): 12:02am On Jan 14, 2015
icebeatz:
1- MASAI MORAN
Masai is a community in Kenya. Before you can be acknowledged and respected as a man, YOU HAVE TO FIRST ACQUIRE THE TITLE "MORAN" and this title neither comes cheap or easy. It entails going to into the jungle and hunting down a lion; not with a fancy gun but with only a spear.

I'd rather be a woman than face a lion with only a spear. grin grin grin

Even with a bazuka I no still gree, What happens if I miss my target?
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 14, 2015
BluIvy:

You are dubious, evil and envious idddiot Which culture believes rapping virgins will cure HIV & STI'S?

I am sure you added South Africa there yourself. How can this be a culture? How can you turn an evil act by some few sickos into a South African Culture?

While on your ritual killing post your show medieval pictures and not mention Nigeria that is the present day ritual killing capital. Your hate and envy will consume you. Bloody agent!!!

Well, you could have corrected me without being all insultive!!
I cannot post a gory picture for ritual killings!
The act of marrying off infants is very common in south african countries. I spoke to the best of my knowledge.
If you know better, correct me and i will edit my post. its not my intent to offend you or anyone!

3 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 14, 2015
Trailblazer1:

I'd rather be a woman than face a lion with only a spear. grin grin grin

Even with a bazuka I no still gree, What happens if I miss my target?

the feeling is mutual loool!!....
some cultures sha!
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by dryakson(m): 12:12am On Jan 14, 2015
Diaris God oooo...
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by premiumICT(m): 12:23am On Jan 14, 2015
Ma hand nor dey oooo...tufiakwa
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by mercielizzie(f): 12:27am On Jan 14, 2015
I will rather say barbaric!!! Ewwww!!!!
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Baddestguyp(m): 12:27am On Jan 14, 2015
hunting a lion would be fun cool
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by amsoslim(m): 12:37am On Jan 14, 2015
Dunno wre dis is but I fink ya shuld al c dis pix...

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by eunisam: 12:40am On Jan 14, 2015
i love Nigeria.
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 14, 2015
icebeatz:

Well, you could have corrected me without being all insultive!!
I cannot post a gory picture for ritual killings!
The act of marrying off infants is very common in south african countries. I spoke to the best of my knowledge.
If you know better, correct me and i will edit my post. its not my intent to offend you or anyone!

Your best of your knowledge is degrading and insulting to South Africans. Why South Africa and not Nigeria? Aren't your politicians marrying 9 year olds? Where in South Africa do people marry 9 year olds legally? You present your prejudices as facts and that is not acceptable at any standard! You are a vindictive being.
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by francizy(m): 2:43am On Jan 14, 2015
amsoslim:
Dunno wre dis is but I fink ya shuld al c dis pix...

This is the only good culture and tradition every tribe in the world should adopt! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by amsoslim(m): 6:29am On Jan 14, 2015
cheesy
francizy:

This is the only good culture and tradition every tribe in the world should adopt! grin grin
[/quote][color=#006600][/color]This is the only good culture and tradition every tribe in the world should adopt! grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by illicit(m): 6:30am On Jan 14, 2015
CANNIBALISM
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 14, 2015
BluIvy:

Your best of your knowledge is degrading and insulting to South Africans. Why South Africa and not Nigeria? Aren't your politicians marrying 9 year olds? Where in South Africa do people marry 9 year olds legally? You present your prejudices as facts and that is not acceptable at any standard! You are a vindictive being.

http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=List_of_countries_by_HIV/AIDS_adult_prevalence_rate
South africa has the highest hiv prevalence rate in the world,

South africa has the highest rapen incidence (lesotho precisely)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

What has envy gots to do with this?? Get over it already.

4 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by ifyalways(f): 7:35am On Jan 14, 2015
4,5,6 is super cruel. Jeez angry
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by francizy(m): 8:15am On Jan 14, 2015
icebeatz:

http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=List_of_countries_by_HIV/AIDS_adult_prevalence_rate

She actually joined Nairaland to fight for her country. I think she just goes about searching for new topics on SA to know if her country is been talked about.
So much zeal to defend her country..
Re: Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: by MduZA: 9:00am On Jan 14, 2015
icebeatz:

can you give your country stats?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Man Responds To Hausa Man Who Said Igbos Are Not Accomodating / Re-establishment Of Police Ministry To Address Insecurity — Minister / Banditry: 23,000 Nigerians Sought Refuge In Niger Republic In April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.